PDA

View Full Version : Mariah Carey lip-sync fail at New Years Eve in New York, gives up

CyberCubed
01-01-2017, 01:33 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Too605sEKnfgY/giphy.gif

I watched this live in New York, it was hilarious. :lol:

Wildcat
01-01-2017, 01:56 AM
Well I've always thought most live performances are lip synced. I mean you kinda tell they're too perfect sounding. Like an audio file.

I saw the clip on YouTube. There's not really a recording going on. Just snippets of the lyrics. I don't understand why she just didn't start singing herself. Which some comments mentioned.

It's odd...like she didn't know her own song? She needed a TelePrompter?

Mayhem
01-01-2017, 08:40 AM
You could tell Robbie Williams was singing live last night because it wasn't perfect. It was off at times, but that's live singing for you, it won't be perfect all the time especially if you're moving about the stage and engaging the audience.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-01-2017, 08:46 AM
I imagine the way this works is that there's some sort of "click track" that helps the singer keep in time with the song... some backstage guy must have tripped over a wire and screwed up whatever helped Carey lip-sync properly.

Or maybe she was being a dumbass and f*cked it up entirely on her own. Either way, this is why you should rehearse for every public performance.

Shark_Blade
01-01-2017, 09:50 AM
Well ain't that a big hot mess...

UkTy_vSPkWc

The Deadman
01-01-2017, 03:36 PM
http://411mania.com/music/mariah-carey-botches-glitch-ridden-new-years-eve-performance/

UPDATE: TMZ reports that Mariah Carey and her camp believe her New Year’s Eve performance was purposefully sabotaged by TV executives in order to get bigger ratings. Alleged sources close to Carey reportedly told executives at Dick Clark Productions that Carey’s earpieces were not working properly.

Carey later did an interview with Ryan Seacrest about an hour before she got on stage in Times Square and she was apparently having trouble. She also told Seacrest, “It’s hard for me to hear you.” Later on, Carey and her team went to the production trailer and complained to the executives about the earpieces. Her sources were then apparently told the earpieces would be on a different frequency for her live show and there would not be a problem.

By the time Carey was doing some last-minute makeup, she was alarmed and told her team she could not really hear anything over the earpiece. Carey’s team then were reportedly assured the tent muffled the sound and everything would be fine on stage. Someone on her team then said the microphone pack wasn’t working because the battery was dead. The battery pack was then changed, and she was suspicious because when she went on stage early for a sound test, she still couldn’t hear anything in her inner earpiece.

In addition, her team claims that the teleprompter with the lyrics wasn’t working properly either. Carey then released the earpiece from frustration. Her team later reportedly sent an e-mail to Dick Clark Productions and claimed, “This is sabotage.”

Its kinda sad someone who needs an audio track to get her to remember her own lyrics is gonna blame the network for her screw up.

Shark_Blade
01-01-2017, 08:15 PM
Still, she was lip syncing so that's like Britney Spears level kinda bad...