PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Preventing spoilers

ToTheNines
01-01-2017, 02:18 PM
In light of this South Korea business with the Nick show, what do you guys think we can do to eliminate spoilers leaking through?

I know the easy answer is to just stay off the internet, but I don't think that's entirely fair.

We already have spoiler tags and people know to create and utilize threads especially made for them, but it's been a problem on multiple sections of this forum.

I understand that some people don't care if they read about something happening before actually seeing it, but the sad thing is that the attitude amongst people who let all these Klunks, Hobs and Ice Cream Kitties out of their bags is that it's no big deal.

I know I've been inflammatory towards members when this happens, and I'm sorry. That's rarely the way to handle problems around here, so I guess the only thing we can do is create awareness. Could we add a new Forum Rule? Have something in plain sight in the relevant sections? What do y'all think?

plastroncafe
01-01-2017, 02:25 PM
Short of people just not being jerks, I don't know that there's anyway to enforce something like this.

Jester
01-01-2017, 02:37 PM
Sadly, Plastron's right. There's little that can be done if people who have seen things don't give a flying flip if the spoil or not...

I guess all I can really do is say.....

STOP IT! JUST STOP IT!!

Well...that and "up report" and see what the other mods have to say.

ToTheNines
01-01-2017, 03:11 PM
I remember a LONG time ago, actual warnings were given, rather than the temp bans that are currently dished out. Perhaps real warnings would be useful for this cause?

CyberCubed
01-01-2017, 03:15 PM
Why are people not banned for spoilers? I literally almost saw something from Season 4 eps spoiled but I quickly scrolled through it and now forgot what was posted.

I don't understand this stupidity. Why are people allowed to get away with it? They can't possibly be that stupid to know not to spoil something from unaired eps in the U.S. in random threads.

Jester
01-01-2017, 03:44 PM
Not sure why we went away from warnings, and to be fair the extent of my power of warning is the afore mentioned stern "Stop it!!" I have brought this up in the mod sub forum so well see what we can do.

TigerClaw
01-01-2017, 03:54 PM
That's why we have those spoiler tags in a post, if you don't want to be spoiled, Don't click on it.

ToTheNines
01-01-2017, 04:00 PM
That's why we have those spoiler tags in a post, if you don't want to be spoiled, Don't click on it.

Useless as usual...

Some people are not using the spoiler tags TC. Understand?

CyberCubed
01-01-2017, 04:54 PM
This should also be applied to the IDW section. One person spoiled a characters death the day the issue came out in an unrelated thread without any tags. Literally the first day the issue came out too.

I didn't really care too much, but it should be applied to the future when major things happen in the comics.

ToTheNines
01-01-2017, 07:01 PM
It should apply to everything, not just major stuff. If you're not in the thread designated for the discussion of that specific issue/episode/movie, don't discuss it. Or just use the spoiler tags. They're a click away.

Powder
01-01-2017, 09:43 PM
You think it's bad here, you should see what the dimwitted children write on social media. Almost any IG post from Brandon/Ciro, TMNT official FB page, etc. they just outright say "THING HAPPENED, I SAW IT ON YOUTUBE!".

*shakes fists*

Anyway, report spoiler posts. They prolly won't be deal with quickly, but at least that's something. A mod could edit/delete them.

CyberCubed
01-01-2017, 11:12 PM
Man, I didn't even think about social media. I'm sure some of them are posting screenshots from the eps aired in Korea. Now I got to avoid all TMNT related tags.

Man, these young kids of today. Even when the 2k3 series was airing social media was still in its infancy, hell youtube didn't even exist till 2005 and by then the 4kids series was in its 4th season. Goddamn, 2k3 TMNT predates youtube.

Powder
01-01-2017, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't search #TMNT on IG or Tumblr for a while.

CyberCubed
01-01-2017, 11:45 PM
TMNTInsighter needs to get banned for a week or two for posting spoilers and then not caring. Saying, "they're up in Korean and on youtube."

Like that's supposed to be any better.

Jephael
01-01-2017, 11:53 PM
Personally, I kinda like knowing what's about to happen down the road, even if it's a character's demise. Hell, I used to go on KryptonSite and read what was gonna happen in upcoming episodes of Smallville. But yea I can understand how some people don't like to know. I had a buddy in college who was a big Superman fan and he loved the sh*t outta that show, but he hated it when I'd try to tell him something that was gonna happen (especially when he would make his own speculations)

As far as spoilers in the Nick section, I say it'd be best if we just quit talking about the upcoming episodes until they've aired here in the U.S. Simple as that, and if you already know what's gonna happen keep it to yerself!!!

Powder
01-02-2017, 12:00 AM
TMNTInsighter needs to get banned for a week or two for posting spoilers and then not caring. Saying, "they're up in Korean and on youtube."

Like that's supposed to be any better.

Bring it directly to a mod in PM.

Jester
01-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Bring it directly to a mod in PM.
That was also brought up in my question to the other mods too.

Coola Yagami
01-02-2017, 12:31 PM
Bans for stuff people can't control? Not our fault Korea decided to cut the bs and delays and air the Eps already.

People need to learn, don't like it, don't read it. It's not stay off the internet, it's stay off places where you know you're likely to run into spoilers. Don't check out a tmnt forum if you don't wanna read about tmnt. This is more Viacom's fault than anyone else for giving Korea a sneak peak.

plastroncafe
01-02-2017, 12:45 PM
Bans for things people CAN control, but choose not to, like the posting of spoilers in thread titles, and within the body of their posts.

We have a Spoiler Code button, for crying out loud.

CyberCubed
01-02-2017, 12:46 PM
People need to learn, don't like it, don't read it. It's not stay off the internet, it's stay off places where you know you're likely to run into spoilers. Don't check out a tmnt forum if you don't wanna read about tmnt.

What on earth are you talking about? This is specifically about people spoiling the events of the episodes in unrelated threads or not using spoiler tags. We specifically have a thread for people to discuss the Korean aired episodes if they want to see spoilers, so there's no reason they should say things outside of it.

How hard is it to understand people don't want to read spoilers about a series they're following? It's the same thing for movies or any other TV show. I haven't watched Star Wars Rogue One yet, do you think I'm going into the review threads to read spoilers? No, of course not.

ToTheNines
01-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Bans for stuff people can't control? Not our fault Korea decided to cut the bs and delays and air the Eps already.

People need to learn, don't like it, don't read it. It's not stay off the internet, it's stay off places where you know you're likely to run into spoilers. Don't check out a tmnt forum if you don't wanna read about tmnt. This is more Viacom's fault than anyone else for giving Korea a sneak peak.

Same shi*ty attitude I was talking about.

What don't you people understand about using spoiler tags and spoiler threads? It's that simple.

Coola Yagami
01-02-2017, 01:00 PM
Same shi*ty attitude I was talking about.

What don't you people understand about using spoiler tags and spoiler threads? It's that simple.

This isn't the 80s. Anyone and I mean anyone can find these Eps online. It's your choice if you want to wait until Feb. Pretty sure any fan that doesn't want to put up with Nick's bs has seen the Eps already.

Avoid any season 4 threads for now, because spoiler or not. It's still regarding season 4.

I mean, if people post spoilers on their sig or discuss them in the OT or PD movie forum, I agree, but this is still contained in the Nick forum. If you know the season 4 Eps are already out, stay out of the nick forum for the time being. It's not that hard.

CyberCubed
01-02-2017, 01:05 PM
Coola are you for real? Why should people avoid a forum because some idiots are stupid enough to discuss spoilers outside of designated spoiler thread?

Anyone who purposely posts spoilers without a tag needs to be banned. No tolerance.

IndigoErth
01-02-2017, 01:07 PM
Socially speaking, people need to relearn the concept of having consideration for others in general. It's a TWO-way street... avoid what you know is probably a risk AND be considerate and keep it under wraps if it will spoil something. The one-way (aka "me-way") attitude (in fandom, life, etc) of "I'm doing my thing, oh well on anyone else" is irksome, esp in situations like this.

I haven't had much issue here personally, simply because I've avoided threads and don't have a whole lot of interest in discussing the show while it's on hiatus anyhow, but DA is one that is driving me nuts with the constant overload of screen caps when I'm just looking for cool new art. For those that do want to discuss the show right now and keep running into entirely undisguised spoilers, they have my sympathy.

Though even trying to avoid it as much as I have, it's still impossible not to have caught on to possible details I wish I didn't know yet.

Coola Yagami
01-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Coola are you for real? Why should people avoid a forum because some idiots are stupid enough to discuss spoilers outside of designated spoiler thread?

Anyone who purposely posts spoilers without a tag needs to be banned. No tolerance.

It's not a forum, but a forum section. It's not the end of the world if you can't check out the nick forum til February. Get a life. I don't care about rogue one, but if I did, I'd avoid all star wars forums tI I saw it.. and you know, I continue to live my life without seeing a message board.

CyberCubed
01-02-2017, 01:19 PM
It's not a forum, but a forum section. It's not the end of the world if you can't check out the nick forum til February. Get a life. I don't care about rogue one, but if I did, I'd avoid all star wars forums tI I saw it..

What on earth are you even getting at here? People should not have to deal with spoilers from episodes in unrelated threads. What is so hard about this to understand?

plastroncafe
01-02-2017, 01:25 PM
If everyone who spoiled stuff would just exhibit the self control that Yagami has, there'd be no reason for this thread.

Be strong like Yagami.
Don't spoil.

ToTheNines
01-02-2017, 01:56 PM
It's not a forum, but a forum section. It's not the end of the world if you can't check out the nick forum til February. Get a life. I don't care about rogue one, but if I did, I'd avoid all star wars forums tI I saw it.. and you know, I continue to live my life without seeing a message board.

So even when TigerClaw's Tale and the Tokka episodes come out, we shouldn't discuss them if we want to avoid finale spoilers?

Coola Yagami
01-02-2017, 02:07 PM
So even when TigerClaw's Tale and the Tokka episodes come out, we shouldn't discuss them if we want to avoid finale spoilers?

Kinda sure by the time those eps are finally out everyone should know about the finale by now. I mean, it's inevitable. As fans we want to know what happens next and if they take forever to show episodes that are already completed... we will find a way.

Again. Not the 80s. If you're here, then you have Internet access somehow. This isn't some incomplete draft, nor did anyone leak the scripts. The episodes are done. They're complete. Don't know why they chose to withhold actual finished episodes from us til February but they did, but in this day and age, if you want to know something you can and will find out.

ToTheNines
01-02-2017, 02:24 PM
But some of us DON'T want to find out.

Just stay out of this thread, Coola. We're trying to reach a solution and you're being an ignorant fool.

CyberCubed
01-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Again. Not the 80s. If you're here, then you have Internet access somehow. This isn't some incomplete draft, nor did anyone leak the scripts. The episodes are done. They're complete. Don't know why they chose to withhold actual finished episodes from us til February but they did, but in this day and age, if you want to know something you can and will find out.

Jesus Christ. I know you know better than this Coola, people don't like reading spoilers for TV shows/movies/comics, etc. that they follow. If you don't care about spoilers then by all means spoil yourself, but for everyone else we shouldn't have to see this if we don't want.

If anyone spoils me the last few eps of Season 4 before they air, I'm going to personally see to it they get banned.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-02-2017, 03:34 PM
http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/148344/4495857-3660430-spoiler.jpg

Spoiler alert!

Cure
01-02-2017, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I'm in agreement with most people here. I feel like spoilers (as in they who spoil) should receive harsher punishments.

Powder
01-02-2017, 08:27 PM
I too share that sentiment.

Coola Yagami
01-02-2017, 09:03 PM
I still find banning to be harsh especially when they're just excited fans to see new episodes like any of us. The episodes exist, they are complete. Its not a script leak or anything. If you want to see them, go right ahead. If you don't, just avoid the forums in which you're likely to run into them, it's just that simple.

This is the equivalent of some anime forum banning people for dragonball super spoilers when most of us already know how the Goku Black saga plays out despite them just starting to dub the first episodes this month.

Maybe create a separate Korean ep forum for the time being. Then merge the threads whenever they finally feel like airing the Eps we were owed but for whatever reason they chose to withhold from us. I just see banning as too severe for people that don't really mean harm. Believe me, if you've seen the Eps it would be very hard to keep quiet about them.

Where was all this talk about banning when some people had access to the Tribunal arc in the 2K3 tmnt cartoon when it wasn't aired on TV? Or the insane in the membrane episode? How many people were banned over discussing that one before it finally aired (did it ever air?)

Cure
01-02-2017, 09:13 PM
People like you who have no semblance of why it's an issue are the problem. "It's just that simple." But it isn't.

CyberCubed
01-02-2017, 09:15 PM
I'm more baffled why some people (Coola) are acting like this is some foreign concept. It's common courtesy on any other forum I've been on not to spoil things in new TV shows, movies, or videogames randomly outside designated threads or with spoiler tags. I mean I thought this was common knowledge?

Coola Yagami
01-02-2017, 09:32 PM
It's also common sense to avoid it. I stayed the hell away from the suicide squad topic until after I saw the movie. I avoided the reviews of out of the shadows til after I saw it. Once topics of Koreans already seeing these Eps have risen I knew it was time to check out of the nick forum for now. Til I decided to not go by nicks schedule and just see the Eps myself.

CyberCubed
01-02-2017, 09:40 PM
It's also common sense to avoid it. I stayed the hell away from the suicide squad topic until after I saw the movie. I avoided the reviews of out of the shadows til after I saw it. Once topics of Koreans already seeing these Eps have risen I knew it was time to check out of the nick forum for now. Til I decided to not go by nicks schedule and just see the Eps myself.

For god sakes, I'm flat out saying I'm not clicking any Season 4 threads about the spoilers. That's the whole point. There's a whole thread for the Korean episodes, I'm not entering it. But people shouldn't post things in that thread in any of the other unrelated threads.

plastroncafe
01-02-2017, 09:52 PM
It's great that you've chosen to watch unaired episodes.
You having made that choice do not get to make it for other people.

It's just that simple.

If you can't keep spoilers to yourself, then maybe don't venture out further than that thread.

Coola Yagami
01-02-2017, 10:24 PM
It's great that you've chosen to watch unaired episodes.

They're not unaired though.... the Koreans watched them just fine...?

CyberCubed
01-02-2017, 10:28 PM

Coola, seriously, are you just playing dumb now? I know you know better than this. You can't be serious at this point. C'mon. :lol:

plastroncafe
01-02-2017, 10:30 PM

So you didn't watch them illegally?
That's good, because promoting that sort of thing is against forum rules.

I'd hate to see you censured for promoting piracy.

Coola Yagami
01-02-2017, 10:36 PM
Oh no, I do what I do but I can't promote or condone that (even I wouldn't consider youtube illegal, the few moments they're up before Viacom has them taken down). That's up to you and what you choose to do. I mostly blame nick though. They really dropped the ball on this one.

CyberCubed
01-02-2017, 11:04 PM
That's great. All we're asking is people who watched or read up on those episodes not spoil the events of them for other people. Is that so complicated?

Jephael
01-02-2017, 11:10 PM
CyberCubed, do you need a diaper change, because this is all I hear from you:

qS7nqwGt4-I

CyberCubed
01-02-2017, 11:12 PM
Jepheal, what the hell are you talking about? This thread is about not wanting to see spoilers from upcoming episodes which is perfectly reasonable.

Can we stop playing stupid now, since I know you know better than this?

plastroncafe
01-02-2017, 11:24 PM
Oh no, I do what I do but I can't promote or condone that (even I wouldn't consider youtube illegal, the few moments they're up before Viacom has them taken down). That's up to you and what you choose to do. I mostly blame nick though. They really dropped the ball on this one.

So you did stream them illegally.

Coola Yagami
01-02-2017, 11:36 PM
So you did stream them illegally.

I wouldn't call Youtube illegal, I mean you do realize these episodes did air right? Just because they weren't aired on American TV doesn't mean they weren't aired on TV. I'd say this is like calling me watching the newest episodes of Dragonball Super as they air in Japan on Crunchyroll illegal.

But again, I'm not telling anyone what to do. That's for you to decide.

Cure
01-02-2017, 11:46 PM
garbage

Man, do you know how to pick a fight. CyberCubed is in the right and in the majority in this thread. But what do I expect from someone who can't even quote people properly in their signature.

I wouldn't call Youtube illegal, I mean you do realize these episodes did air right? Just because they weren't aired on American TV doesn't mean they weren't aired on TV. I'd say this is like calling me watching the newest episodes of Dragonball Super as they air in Japan on Crunchyroll illegal.

That's different. CrunchyRoll uploads them legally and is a paid service. Random people uploading them to Youtube is illegal. Are you just playing dumb at this point or are you actually retarded?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-02-2017, 11:48 PM
Disinterested but slightly amused prediction: Coola gets temp-banned and this thread gets locked by Wednesday.

plastroncafe
01-02-2017, 11:50 PM
Backpedal faster, dude.

Coola Yagami
01-03-2017, 01:18 AM
Disinterested but slightly amused prediction: Coola gets temp-banned and this thread gets locked by Wednesday.

Doubtful. I've said my piece and have no reason to repeat it or further elaborate. Again, you're all free to do as you wish. Bottom line, these eps have already aired. Don't pretend they don't exist just because for whatever reason Nick chose to hold them back from the country these cartoons were originally meant for.

Which btw, does anyone have the scoop as to why exactly it happened? Is this like the 2016/2017 version of the OT European vacation eps that weren't aired everywhere at the same time? What exactly happened here? Korea bribe Nick to get the eps early or something?

ToTheNines
01-03-2017, 05:57 AM
Doubtful. I've said my piece and have no reason to repeat it or further elaborate. [proceeds to repeat the same dumb ass and close minded points again]

Just move along Coola, and take that clown Jeff with you. You guys aren't making any effort here to compromise or reach any new understanding, just shitposting.

ToTheNines
01-03-2017, 06:41 AM
Really? No f**kin duh. You only brought it up like every 5 posts on this damn thread, dude! You have this really obnoxious way of repeating yourself to the point it drives certain people up the friggin wall!!! Hell, I'm actually shocked ToTheNines is siding with you on this one. He's usually the first to flip his sh*t at you for being so irritating!!!

I'm siding with him because he's right.

He's repeating himself because a handful of you are wilfully ignoring the point everyone else is trying to make.

The bottom line is that the spoilers are inconsiderate. Everyone can be inconsiderate at times, no one's perfect. But you jerks are being unbearably stubborn.

In all honesty, I could give a sh*t less about who spoils the show for you!

Case in point. Unacceptable.

Jephael
01-03-2017, 06:49 AM
This thread is about not wanting to see spoilers from upcoming episodes

Really? No f**kin duh. You only brought it up like every 5 posts on this damn thread, dude! You have this really obnoxious way of repeating yourself to the point it drives certain people up the friggin wall!!! Hell, I'm actually shocked ToTheNines is siding with you on this one. He's usually the first to flip his sh*t at you for being so irritating!!!

In all honesty, I could give a sh*t less about who spoils the show for you, because you're like a spoiled brat when it comes to this entire franchise. Nothing is ever good enough for you when it comes to your precious Ninja Turtles and you have no respect for anybody else's opinion but your own! I love the irony of how people here always accuse me of being self-centered because that's basically what you are!!!

Jephael
01-03-2017, 06:51 AM
The bottom line is that the spoilers are inconsiderate. Everyone can be inconsiderate at times, no one's perfect. But you jerks are being unbearably stubborn.

Then do yourself a favor and take a break from the internet... or at the very least this damn forum!!! My God, I'd rather watch a bar fight in a western than try to talk sense into people whining about fictional characters!!!

ToTheNines
01-03-2017, 06:56 AM
Whatever Geoffrey. You're obviously here just to start beef, so I'm done debating with you.

Go ahead, have the last word. I love cringing at your awful jokes.

Jephael
01-03-2017, 07:05 AM
You're obviously here just to start beef, so I'm done debating with you.

Yea and I love watching you be-little people you don't even know in real life. Like I said in another post, the ignore feature is always available to use whenever you like.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
01-03-2017, 07:25 AM
Whatever Geoffrey. You're obviously here just to start beef, so I'm done debating with you.

Agreed... :trolleye:

myconius
01-03-2017, 07:35 AM
this is one of the reasons i haven't been browsing too many threads lately.

Spoilers just kind of happen, intentional or not.

and with just a few episodes left of the Nick series, i'd rather experience it for myself.

(crawls back into cave)

CyberCubed
01-03-2017, 12:39 PM
If people got temp banned for 1 week, it would solve a lot of problems. A 1 week ban isn't a big deal, it gives people a break to cool down and take a break from the forums. But also teaches a lesson.

On any other forum I've been on, posting spoilers blatantly for a new show/movie/videogame gets you banned. I feel like I can't even visit the Nick forum now until the eps air because I know any thread I click on will probably have someone mention something.

I bet that Leo/Karai shipping thread has Season 4 spoilers in it, doesn't it? Damn.

ToTheNines
01-03-2017, 12:48 PM
I bet that Leo/Karai shipping thread has Season 4 spoilers in it, doesn't it? Damn.

It doesn't. Spoilers have all been deleted, thanks to Jester.

Never know when some turd will drop one one, though.

The Deadman
01-03-2017, 12:49 PM

Who cares what the Koreans watched? If they havent been shown on US television, then by default they're unaired episodes.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-03-2017, 12:55 PM
I've still got most of today to wait for Coola to be temp-banned.

My prediction will come true. I state this with the full confidence of CyberCubed avowing that Nick TMNT would go for seven seasons and a TV movie. :trazz:

Behold, your new prophet and seer!

Coola Yagami
01-03-2017, 01:05 PM
I've still got most of today to wait for Coola to be temp-banned.

My prediction will come true. I state this with the full confidence of CyberCubed avowing that Nick TMNT would go for seven seasons and a TV movie. :trazz:

Behold, your new prophet and seer!

Go right ahead. I don't care.

IndigoErth
01-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Bottom line, these eps have already aired.
Which matters why? For the rest of the world they have not. And while some may be impatient and prefer to see it right away, there are plenty who willingly want to wait for when it's legitimately aired in their own country, or simply have to. Impatient people don't earn the authority to brush off and disrespect those who are or have to be more patient as sore losers for not being impatient like them.

If we had a bunch of Korean members who wanted to start an early discussion thread since they'd seen it, and others wanted to hunt the episode(s) down and join the conversation, have at it. But just spoiling it anywhere isn't right.

Fans who want to discuss the show in general, minus anything spoilerish, shouldn't be forced to entirely cut it out of their life that long and forgo talking about other subject matter because something might be spoiled. And what does it do to those who really love to speculate about the show and come up with their own theories? Kind of ruins the fun if someone is bound to run in and say, "No, this is what really happens!" Shame.

Jester
01-03-2017, 01:17 PM
Points have been made, it's in the hands of the mods. Half of Cylon's prediction coming true in 3...2...1

Machias Banshee
01-04-2017, 08:16 PM
I'm adding my two cents to this thread.

If we have asked you not to spoil items in threads and thread titles, please have courtesy for those who have not seen the episodes yet.

If you want to be a troll about it and continue spoiling after a mod has asked you to stop, then you WILL earn yourself a lil break.

I don't like the idea of banning for spoilers, but Jester has been racing around trying to clean up spoilers in the nick section and elsewhere. The poor guy is burnt out...

~Machias