PDA

View Full Version : Would you have been satisfied if the show ended at season 4? (Contains Spoilers)

FredWolfLeonardo
01-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Now that I've seen the last two episodes of season 4, I have to admit that they really felt like a big send off for the series as a whole and not just one season.

Say if suddenly, the series got cancelled after the English airings of the last season 4 episodes, would you be satisfied?

Personally, I would've been content if this show ended at season 4. 104 episodes is still a huge amount and there's not too much else to cover besides some things like fixing mutagen man and introducing Usagi.

Also, I think itd be really weird and strange for the next season to not have both Splinter and Shreddder. Not to mention the next season is only 20 episodes long, so I fear it might be the point where the show starts going downhill. I think seasons 1-4 of Nick were very solid and full of quality, and I would rather prefer ending the show on a high note rather than having an extra season of lower quality. What are your thoughts?

Vicky82
01-01-2017, 03:09 PM
No I would rather have a season 5 because I like to see how the Turtles get on without Splinters guidance and see Leo taking over Splinter's role, which will be tough for him.

In season 3 and 4 (1st half) the Turtles had some hope that Splinter was alive, they aren't going to have that in season 5 because he's permanently dead.

As I said in previous posts, we will still see Splinter but in memories, visions ect.

Leofan26
01-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Meh, I'd rather another season to see Leo act like a Leader now.

Vicky82
01-02-2017, 01:30 PM
Meh, I'd rather another season to see Leo act like a Leader now.

He won't be just leader, he will also be head of the family.He will now take on new responsibilities, like training, giving his brothers and friends advice and listen to there ideas and problems. He will also be under a lot more pressure to keep his family and friends safe.

Raph will have to accept Leo's new role, they can't be any conflict between them now so there shouldn't be any arguing and fighting between them.

Leo will now have to listen to Mikey's ideas more seriously, even if they sound stupid. He can't ignore Mikey's ideas anymore.

Sabacooza
01-02-2017, 01:36 PM
He won't be just leader, he will also be head of the family.He will now take on new responsibilities, like training, giving his brothers and friends advice and listen to there ideas and problems. He will also be under a lot more pressure to keep his family and friends safe.

Raph will have to accept Leo's new role, they can't be any conflict between them now so there shouldn't be any arguing and fighting between them.I actually see there being more fighting at first considering Raph might have a hard time accepting Leo, his brother, as the father figure now. Raph might see it as Leo replacing Splinter, someone to him that's irreplaceable. It would be an interesting development but I doubt they'd even touch on that.

Vicky82
01-02-2017, 01:41 PM
I actually see there being more fighting at first considering Raph might have a hard time accepting Leo, his brother, as the father figure now. It would be an interesting development but I doubt they'd even touch on that.

I think they will, touch on it.

Leo and Raph will probably still argue but obviously Raph would know that Splinter wouldn't want him to fight with Leo.

Sabacooza
01-02-2017, 01:48 PM
They may touch on it.

Leo and Raph will probably still argue but obviously Raph would know that Splinter wouldn't want him to fight with Leo.I think it would be fitting to have one episode dealing with Raph's defiance but then he comes to his senses on his own or Splinter speaks to him in spirit form to nudge him in the right direction. Really, I'd like all of them to be having a hard time dealing with the loss for a little while instead of just quickly shaking it off.

Vicky82
01-02-2017, 02:08 PM
I think it would be fitting to have one episode dealing with Raph's defiance but then he comes to his senses on his own or Splinter speaks to him in spirit form to nudge him in the right direction. Really, I'd like all of them to be having a hard time dealing with the loss for a little while instead of just quickly shaking it off.

I would love to see one of the turtles "cough" Mikey "cough" get seriously injured and nearly die. They could end up spirit world talking to Splinter similar to IDW issue 45 when Donnie talked to Tang Shen.

Sabacooza
01-02-2017, 02:27 PM
I would love to see one of the turtles "cough" Mikey "cough" get seriously injured and nearly die. They could end up spirit world talking to Splinter similar to IDW issue 45 when Donnie talked to Tang Shen.That could work but I'd want to see all of them dealing with the loss of Splinter in their own way with him coming to them in spirit form to encourage them to keep going and that everything will be okay. They laid the groundwork for some really emotional stuff which we most likely won't see but who knows.

Leofan26
01-02-2017, 02:34 PM
I actually see there being more fighting at first considering Raph might have a hard time accepting Leo, his brother, as the father figure now. Raph might see it as Leo replacing Splinter, someone to him that's irreplaceable. It would be an interesting development but I doubt they'd even touch on that.

It'd be good development for both characters for the show to do this type arc, I could an episode arc for it, you know it could little hints here and there leading up to an explosive fight for an episode than have Raph accept Leo as leadership after an emotional breakdown.

They did that in the 2003 series and 2007 film, why not 2012 series?

Actually didn't they work with this idea in the early half of this series?

I can also see an episode with Leo becoming obsessed with perfecting his leadership, over training. That's one thing I liked about the 2003 series, hope they work with these ideas s bit.

Sabacooza
01-02-2017, 02:43 PM
It'd be good development for both characters for the show to do this type arc, I could an episode arc for it, you know it could little hints here and there leading up to an explosive fight for an episode than have Raph accept Leo as leadership after an emotional breakdown.

They did that in the 2003 series and 2007 film, why not 2012 series?

Actually didn't they work with this idea in the early half of this series?

I can also see an episode with Leo becoming obsessed with perfecting his leadership, over training. That's one thing I liked about the 2003 series, hope they work with these ideas s bit.Yep, I'd love to see that. Maybe Leo's obsession could also contribute to Raph and Leo's tension. Or, there could be a rift between the two and then something bad happens to Mikey to bring them all together. Good stuff.

ssjup81
01-02-2017, 02:44 PM
Nope. I haven't seen the remaining eps yet, but know the bare basics...Splinter is killed by Shredder, there's apparently a funeral and the Turtles kill Shredder. If this had happened at the beginning of the season, maybe ending it after 4 would've been ok, but since it's not, I feel season 5 is needed.

The main reason I adamantly wanted Splinter killed out was to see how they cope with the loss, especially Mikey. Will we get an equivalent to the punching bag scene like in Mirage when they escaped to the farmhouse, even briefly? With Leo as leader and now the head of the family, as he's the oldest, how will the other three react, especially Raph? How will Leo approach this new responsibility? This is my favorite incarnation of Leo, and seeing his struggles are very interesting.

What about Karai? She finally gets a chance to be with her real father just to have him brutally taken away. Stuff like this I want to see played out.

I don't know if I'm giving the show too much credit, but if they had the balls to permanently kill off Splinter, I would hope that they would deal with the aftermath halfway decently.

victory_angel
01-02-2017, 10:59 PM
Leo I suspect would have a hard time trying to fill their father's shoes as the new head of the family. And in many cases he may decide things based on what he believes Splinter would have done if he were still alive. This would naturally cause problems between him and the rest of his family, but gradually come to grasp that Splinter is Splinter and Leonardo is Leonardo. And any decision made needs to be what Leo thinks is right, not what Leo believes Splinter thinks is right. He will also become more militant in their training exercises, not because he feels this is how Splinter would want things. Largely it would be because he's scared. He doesn't want to lose any other member of his family (his brothers in particular) the same way they lost Splinter. So he is going to have them training rigorously so that they are ready to face the next threat that is coming down the pipe. And any distractions such as TV, Video games, and Relationships are going to have to be put on hold. Eventually, this would lead to an emotional breakdown on Leo's part.

Raph's anger issues towards Leo stem from jealousy. I don't feel that would be the case in this situation. Raph might be upset that Leo is being harder on his brothers and companions and not listening to what they have to suggest or offer. And that would result in a huge fight between the two of them.

Donnie would be stressed in his own way. Leo will require a lot of Donnie's scientific skills and expertise, which very well could result in Leo demanding too much from his second brother. And we all remember how that "Try Harder" argument went.

Mikey would understand that Leo has a lot on his shoulders, but also becomes frustrated with Leo because he's seeing two of his older brothers being pushed to their limits emotionally and mentally. And Leo is just becoming more and more of a jerk and will even tell Leo this to his face. Eventually, the situation can escalate to the point where one of Leo's brothers is possibly lost forever and Leo will be the one at fault.

April and Casey will still be there for the Turtles because they are honorary family members. But the two of them also would have words with Leo about his behavior.

Karai will be the new leader of the Foot Clan and will serve as an ally in times of need. And she will also rely on the Turtles should any of the Shredder's followers try to rest away power from her or making certain that they don't try and take away what she has fought for. She will be someone who April will learn to commiserate with about the turtles, particularly with the choice between Donnie or Casey.

Ashwolf
01-02-2017, 11:37 PM
Leo is suspect would have a hard time trying to fill their father's shoes as the new head of the family. And in many cases he may decide things based on what he believes Splinter would have done if he were still alive. This would naturally cause problems between him and the rest of his family, but gradually come to grasp that Splinter is Splinter and Leonardo is Leonardo. And any decision made needs to be what Leo thinks is right, not what Leo believes Splinter thinks is right. He will also become more militant in their training exercises, not because he feels this is how Splinter would want things. Largely it would be because he's scared. He doesn't want to lose any other member of his family (his brothers in particular) the same way they lost Splinter. So he is going to have them training rigorously so that they are ready to face the next threat that is coming down the pipe. And any distractions such as TV, Video games, and Relationships are going to have to be put on hold. Eventually, this would lead to an emotional breakdown on Leo's part.

Raph's anger issues towards Leo stem from jealousy. I don't feel that would be the case in this situation. Raph might be upset that Leo is being harder on his brothers and companions and not listening to what they have to suggest or offer. And that would result in a huge fight between the two of them.

Donnie would be stressed in his own way. Leo will require a lot of scientific skills and expertise, which very well could result in Leo demanding too much from his second brother. And we all remember how that "Try Harder" argument went.

Mikey would also become frustrated with Leo because he's seeing two of his older brothers being pushed to their limits emotionally and mentally. And Leo is just becoming more and more of a jerk and will even tell Leo this to his face. Eventually, the situation can escalate to the point where one of Leo's brothers is lost forever and Leo will be the one at fault.

April and Casey will still be there for the Turtles because they are honorary family members. But the two of them also would have words with Leo about his behavior.

Karai will be the new leader of the Foot Clan and will serve as an ally in times of need. And she will also rely on the Turtles should any of the Shredder's followers try to rest away power from her or making certain that they don't try and take away what she has fought for. She will be someone who April will learn to commiserate with about the turtles, particularly with the choice between Donnie or Casey.

if the episode titles from that german post are true, then i can see something like this happening in heart of evil

JH24
01-03-2017, 02:56 AM
If this would have been the final season I would have been satisfied. In particular because of the ending. The final screen really gave me a feeling of an end, but also of a new beginning. They are a new family now, turtles and humans, and Splinter will always be a part of them. Whatever will happen in the future, they'll face it together. It was a kind of feeling I got in the last few minutes, and really filled me with a sense of closure.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to see what they have planned for season 5.

ssjup81
01-03-2017, 04:15 AM
If this would have been the final season I would have been satisfied. In particular because of the ending. The final screen really gave me a feeling of an end, but also of a new beginning. They are a new family now, turtles and humans, and Splinter will always be a part of them. Whatever will happen in the future, they'll face it together. It was a kind of feeling I got in the last few minutes, and really filled me with a sense of closure.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to see what they have planned for season 5.I can't help but wonder if I'd have seen the episodes, if I would've viewed it in the same way. You mentioned the final scene, which I haven't seen yet and you felt it was a good way to wrap up.

The urge to watch these Korean eps is growing stronger, but I will definitely do my best to hold out and keep my fingers crossed for Nick to put them up on their site early.

Shiro Kame
01-03-2017, 08:36 PM
Considering that Splinter is now dead and not coming back, and Tiger Claw's still out there (the bastard), it would not be satisfying if the show ended at Season 4. I want to see how the turtles live without Splinter, and get loose ends tied up (There's still the mutagen canisters plot, the mafia, and even more mutants out there).

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-28-2017, 08:15 AM
There are still many early-season 2 mutations to cure.