PDA

View Full Version : If you could hang hang out with someone famous for one day

Prowler
01-03-2017, 07:08 AM
...who would it be? And why?

And before every guy says Scarlett Johansson or Sofia Vergara, by "hanging out" I mean talking to that person at a café or while playing golf or something. Then you'll never see them again. No, sex isn't included. And I make this "rule" in order ot make your choice harder :tgrin:

I'd say Hugh Laurie. I really liked his Black Adder and House work and he seems like a very interesting individual to talk to. Second would be Peter Laird. I could see myself talking about the Turtles with him all day even if we'd disagree on many matters.

3rd would probably be James Rolfe, the Angry Video game Nerd. Just seems like a cool guy and would love to talk about games with him.

Krutch
01-03-2017, 07:48 AM
Probably The Rock.

Or Kelsey Grammar.

Wesley
01-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Off the top of my head, Avril Lavigne and George Hook. They would seem to be the most interesting people to talk to for me anyway.

joe-eyeball
01-03-2017, 11:05 AM
This is easy!!! Sir Patrick Stewart! The man is great!

Utrommaniac
01-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Temple Grandin, who I've only sat close to and got a book signed by. It would be cool to just have lunch with her.

Or Sophie Campbell :P . She's not in the glamor zone of "famous", but she's broken enough molds to qualify in my book. I'll probably have an easier time making discussions with her than Grandin, though.

Michael York has been a dream hangout since I was seven, but that won't be likely for another year or two. His health hasn't been fantastic lately.

Andrew NDB
01-03-2017, 12:27 PM
Absolutely, this guy.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2016/09/25/fashion/19BillMurray1-WEB/19BillMurray1-WEB-master768.jpg

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Sir Ian McKellan

Autbot_Benz
01-03-2017, 01:17 PM
Bruce Campbell Sam raimi and Robert Tapert. I would just wanna talk movies and making of movies with them. I am reading Bruce's first book if Chins could kill and its amazing. his second one is out this year

Also id love to meet/hang with either Tom Baker David Tennant or Matt Smith.

IndigoErth
01-03-2017, 01:20 PM
That's tough, I'm at a point where I really couldn't care less about famous people; so few interest or impress me these days.

In terms of Turtles people, Cam Clarke might be fun to meet, esp as for a bonus he is also the voice of one of my WoW characters. And despite how the films turned out, Pete Ploszek seemed to actually 'get' Leo which I appricated, so it might also be cool to meet someone who'd embodied him for awhile.

Non-Turtles... Off the top of my head, Neil deGrasse Tyson would probably be another one that would be fun to meet.

Jephael
01-03-2017, 05:06 PM
It's been my dream to meet Michael J. Fox, who's been my idol since I was like 15!!! Spending a day with him would be so much fun, and I wouldn't even make a big deal about his medical woes. Would kinda suck though if he was incapable of signing anything.

Andrew NDB
01-03-2017, 05:11 PM
It's been my dream to meet Michael J. Fox, who's been my idol since I was like 15!!! Spending a day with him would be so much fun, and I wouldn't even make a big deal about his medical woes.

You make it sound like you'd be going out of your way to do that.

PApagreg
01-03-2017, 05:13 PM
I would't mind hanging out with Nick Offerman or maybe Robert Kirkman

TheSkeletonMan939
01-03-2017, 05:17 PM
It's been my dream to meet Michael J. Fox, who's been my idol since I was like 15!!!

For a second there I misread that as MEGAN Fox... and I was like, "C'mon dude...." :tlol:

Anyway, she's been dead for a while now, but I would have loved to meet Shirley Walker during a normal day of scoring the Batman cartoon, and just watch her do her thing: guide protégés along, interact with them to extract their best effort, etc.

Jephael
01-03-2017, 05:21 PM
For a second there I misread that as MEGAN Fox... and I was like, "C'mon dude...." :tlol:

To be honest, I wouldn't mind meeting her around the time she was on that one episode of Two and a Half Men.

Coola Yagami
01-03-2017, 05:29 PM
A whole day? Noone. Maybe a lunch with a full cast of a show or a movie I like so I can hear all the banter and fun behind the scenes stories. But a whole day, one on one? Naw. At the end of the day they're still strangers and it be awkward. I know the celeb wouod be teying their best to be nice, which is awkward in itself, or worse they could be an ass and ruin your expectations. Never meet your heroes and all that.

Powder
01-03-2017, 09:17 PM
It's way too hard to just pick one, so I'll be that guy & put up a list. :tlol:

Bob Saget
Bill Murray
Jackie Chan
Artie Lange
Gilbert Gottfried
Norm Macdonald
James Rolfe
Mike Matei
Snoop Dogg
Action Bronson
Ciro Nieli
Donald Trump

& that's barely scratching the surface of people I'd love to kick it with. It depends partially on what we could get up to, also. Like, could I go into a studio & collaborate with musicians? Can I get a TMNT comics artist to show me their notebooks, a few tips/tricks? etc.

If language barriers weren't an issue:

Shigeru Miyamoto
Any Gaki No Tsukai cast member
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu

Cure
01-03-2017, 09:31 PM
I'd like to have sex with Ariel Winter, so her. I would try my hardest.

CyberCubed
01-03-2017, 09:34 PM
Donald Trump

Would would you discuss with him?

This Ariel Winter?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Winter

She's only 18 years old, and was born in 1998.

Cure
01-03-2017, 09:42 PM
You're damn right she is.

snake
01-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Pablo Hidalgo or Dave Filoni. We could pour over Star Wars reference books together.

I'd also like to "hang out" with Mary Elizabeth Winstead

sdp
01-03-2017, 09:53 PM
I'd probably want to talk to some scientist unsure who but not someone who makes the rounds on news shows all the time or if dead people count then some philosopher like Socrates.

Jephael
01-03-2017, 10:27 PM

Damn, dude! I'm guessing you're a bit younger than me, but still... damn! :twink:
I've had a bit of a crush on Anna Kendrick, and having read her new book she sounds like a cool chick. I'd love to spend a day with her at the Santa Monica Pier or something.

Cure
01-03-2017, 10:56 PM
I regret saying anything.

CyberCubed
01-03-2017, 11:03 PM
Age gap too big, guys.

Melissa Benoist is 28. Which actually kind of surprises me, she looks a lot younger than she is. Looks more like around 24, imo.

Wildcat
01-03-2017, 11:21 PM
Hmmm, the no sex thing kinda eliminates a lot of people :lol: women anyway.

I know though probably number 1 choice, Craig Ferguson. Loved him in late night tv. His silly and childish sense of humor just gets me every time. Every time I come across something silly or innuendo-ish I always think of him.

Don Mancini. The creator of the Chucky movies. Soooo many things I want to discuss with him about the entire series.

Adam and Jamie from Mythbusters. It'd be fun to ask them about different random things. Although that's 2 people so should it count?

Cure
01-03-2017, 11:24 PM
Age gap too big

Nah. For you, maybe. It's just a number, baby.

TurtleWA
01-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Not in any certain order but the following folks for me would be interesting:

Kate middleton
Robert downey jr
Tim burton
Stephen hawking
Matthew mcconaughey
Zakk wylde
Jack black
Kate Hudson
Will Forte
Hope solo

I think however my list may change from week to week.

DarkFell
01-03-2017, 11:57 PM
Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell.
Wendy and Richard Pini (The creators of Elf-Quest.)
Greg and Tim Hildebrandt.
This guy has been dead for nearly eleven years, but, I would have loved to meet Burne Hogarth. Maybe I can settle for meeting Glen Fabry instead. ;)

I would definitely love to meet Robert Downing Jr.

CyberCubed
01-04-2017, 12:30 AM
We're on a TMNT forum, I don't think one person mentioned PL yet.

Utrommaniac
01-04-2017, 12:40 AM
It was in the first post...

CyberCubed
01-04-2017, 12:42 AM
Ah, it was in the middle of Prowlers posts which is why I didn't see it.

FredWolfLeonardo
01-04-2017, 04:38 AM
Am I bad for being curious to hang out with Adolf Hitler for one day?

I guess famous in this context means as in someone alive and in roles like being an artist or an actor. I personally am more interested in meeting famous historical figures, although there are quite a few actors I'd like to hang out with too.

Some other famous people I'd like to hang out for a day with are:

Alexander the Great
Napoleon
Buddha
Socrates
Aristotle
Julius Caesar
Rudyard Kipling
William Shakespeare
Gandhi
Winston Churchill
Josef Stalin
Ho Chi Minh

ToTheNines
01-04-2017, 04:54 AM
Andrew has it right.

I'd like to watch a Cubs game with Nick Offerman. Paul Rudd seems very approachable.

Other than that I'd say a lot of lesser known musicians, authors and, of course, TMNT alum.

Josef Stalin

Wat?

DestronMirage22
01-04-2017, 06:02 AM
Aside from people who're involved with TMNT, I'd say:
*Michael Bay
*Gabriel Iglesias (Fluffy)
*Dwayne Johnson
*Sylvester Stallone
*Arnold Schwarzenegger

But I'd be happy with just meeting another TMNT fan IRL.

Prowler
01-04-2017, 09:06 AM
Age gap too big, guys.

Melissa Benoist is 28. Which actually kind of surprises me, she looks a lot younger than she is. Looks more like around 24, imo.
As long as it's legal it's good. I had no idea who this Ariel Winter was, but if she's 18 then it's fine.

Asides from me no one, yeah. Also no one says Kevin Eastman? He seems like a very chill fellow.

Am I bad for being curious to hang out with Adolf Hitler for one day?

I guess famous in this context means as in someone alive and in roles like being an artist or an actor. I personally am more interested in meeting famous historical figures, although there are quite a few actors I'd like to hang out with too.

Some other famous people I'd like to hang out for a day with are:

Alexander the Great
Napoleon
Buddha
Socrates
Aristotle
Julius Caesar
Rudyard Kipling
William Shakespeare
Gandhi
Winston Churchill
Josef Stalin
Ho Chi Minh
No. This thread was meant only for living people, but if we're including dead people now then yes Hitler would be an interesting convo, even if we'd disagree. The thing is, my German isn't good enough to talk to Hitler, I fear. And he seems like he could talk for hours when inspired.
Andrew has it right.

I'd like to watch a Cubs game with Nick Offerman. Paul Rudd seems very approachable.

Other than that I'd say a lot of lesser known musicians, authors and, of course, TMNT alum.

Wat?
Well, he was an iconic figure of the 20th century, for better or for worse. He was a murderer and all but cant help people for being curious. I mean I'd not "hang out" with Hitler or Stalin but would certainly talk to them for an hour or so.

Although I doubt Stalin spoke English and I don't speak Russian or Georgian, so...

Jephael
01-04-2017, 10:01 AM

Yea, maybe if it was 2003 again I'd like to meet up with him and check out Mirage Studios. Too bad those days are long gone.

ToTheNines
01-04-2017, 10:07 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0Y7V0IUAAA_0uF.jpg

Prowler
01-04-2017, 10:12 AM
Ariel Winter's body looks kind of scary, though. Surely she must have taken some substances to grow like that? man her breasts are gonna sag like crazy when she hits middle age.

Cure
01-04-2017, 12:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0Y7V0IUAAA_0uF.jpg

This guy knows.

man her breasts are gonna sag like crazy when she hits middle age.

That's why you get them while they're young.

plastroncafe
01-04-2017, 01:35 PM
Oh yeah, there's no way some of you don't sound desperate as all get out.
And if there's one thing a hot barely-legal woman finds hotter than hell, it's sweet stench desperation.

Hmmm. Who would I want to hang out with.
Kate Winslet
Adam Savage
Chris Klewe
Nathan Fillion
Mark Ruffalo
George Takei

Jephael
01-04-2017, 01:37 PM
Man what I'd give to be a teenager again... though I'd prefer to relive the late '90s. I wouldn't want to be growing up in present day America.

ToTheNines
01-04-2017, 01:43 PM
Oh yeah, there's no way some of you don't sound desperate as all get out.
And if there's one thing a hot barely-legal woman finds hotter than hell, it's sweet stench desperation.

I bet you'd kill for some action.

Andrew NDB
01-04-2017, 01:47 PM
TMNT-related? Peter Laird seems a no-brainer, though I think it might be an awkward in person meeting for some reason. The things I'd want to talk about... are probably ongoing, open wounds for him.

Now, I'd love to sit down and have some beers with A.C. Farley. I think that would be a riot. In fact, that needs to happen at some point.

Who is that? Let me look into... eh, not bad but too much baby fat.

plastroncafe
01-04-2017, 01:50 PM
TMNT-related? Peter Laird seems a no-brainer, though I think it might be an awkward in person meeting for some reason. The things I'd want to talk about... are probably ongoing, open wounds for him.

Now, I'd love to sit down and have some beers with A.C. Farley. I think that would be a riot. In fact, that needs to happen at some point.

!!!
Oh hell yeah. I'd love to get a beer with Farley.
Hell, I'd love to get a beer with Fosco.

Heck, can we just re-do the Wake from SDCC?

I bet you'd kill for some action.

Aww bless your heart.

Prowler
01-04-2017, 01:56 PM
...see this was also one of the reasons why I made the "no sex" rule. I had a feeling it could possibly lead to what we've seen in the last few posts. :roll:

Cure, this is all your fault. Goddamn you!

Andrew NDB
01-04-2017, 02:02 PM
Hell, I'd love to get a beer with Fosco.

He's been a non-drinker for many years. Despite my prodding when I was sleeping on his couch in Chicago. And San Diego.

Heck, can we just re-do the Wake from SDCC?

Sure, but maybe with a bit more food in the belly to start with this time. And ibuprofen to finish.

Prowler
01-04-2017, 02:02 PM
And Andrew, I'm surprised you haven't met PL yet. Really? But you've met Eastman, haven't you?

Andrew NDB
01-04-2017, 02:03 PM
But you've met Eastman, haven't you?

Many, many, many times. Beginning in 1999.

Prowler
01-04-2017, 02:04 PM
Many, many, many times. Beginning in 1999.
And not PL? You're practically TMNT staff, man!

plastroncafe
01-04-2017, 02:05 PM
He's been a non-drinker for many years. Despite my prodding when I was sleeping on his couch in Chicago. And San Diego.

Oh. Well it can be a non-beer beverage. I just liked the guy.

Sure, but maybe with a bit more food in the belly to start with this time. And ibuprofen to finish.

Yeah...and maybe this time I won't have donated blood earlier in the day.

I'm trying to think who on Team Mirage I haven't met yet...
I think it's just Farley at this point. And I did meet him once in 1992, albeit STUPID briefly.

Andrew NDB
01-04-2017, 02:12 PM
And not PL? You're practically TMNT staff, man!

Not for lack of wanting. I've never done any east coast cons and that's all he does, despite some years of him suggesting he'd motorcycle out to San Diego.

Prowler
01-04-2017, 02:12 PM
Donating blood is quite a noble thing to do. But I'd never do it. And no, I dont' fear needles, it's just that people who donate blood always tell me they end up having to do it every year because their body seems to start having strange reactions as in it feels it has a bit too much blood in it.

...and also because they get juice and/or sweets afterwards. And it's a good legal excuse to skip work that day and the next one :lol:

Cure
01-04-2017, 02:14 PM
Cure, this is all your fault. Goddamn you!

Eh, I'm used to it.

PApagreg
01-04-2017, 02:15 PM
@Cure, how did you find out about Ariel Winter anyway

Andrew NDB
01-04-2017, 02:18 PM
I think it's just Farley at this point. And I did meet him once in 1992, albeit STUPID briefly.

Where was this?

Prowler
01-04-2017, 02:19 PM
@Cure, how did you find out about Ariel Winter anywayModern Family isn't exactly an obscure tv show.

plastroncafe
01-04-2017, 02:24 PM
Where was this?

TurtleCon in Portsmouth, NH.
He was selling his Leonardo bust. I wanted one so badly, but...it was $80, and that was my entire budget for the con.

Eastman, Laird, The Mirage Crew, and the Archie Crew were there.
I recently found some of the pictures I took.

They're all slightly out of focus and off-center, which speaks to A) how nervous I was, and B) How I never really did get the hang of using that camera.

I really should scan those pics and put them on Facebook...

Cure
01-04-2017, 02:25 PM
@Cure, how did you find out about Ariel Winter anyway

...yeah, like Prowler said, Modern Family. It's only been on for like 8 years or something.

Prowler
01-04-2017, 02:26 PM
So you guys have been part of TMNT internet fandoms for longer than this forum has been around, eh? Impressive.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-04-2017, 02:29 PM
This thread is amazing. Cure wants some jailbait romping and FredWolfLeo wants to kick it with mass-murdering genocidal dictators.

Damn dog, inappropes! You people really need to start taking your meds.

PApagreg
01-04-2017, 02:30 PM
...yeah, like Prowler said, Modern Family. It's only been on for like 8 years or something.

In my defense when I first looked up her name all I saw was Milo's Murphy's Law and some Aviator show

Prowler
01-04-2017, 02:30 PM
This thread is amazing. Cure wants some jailbait romping and FredWolfLeo wants to kick it with mass-murdering genocidal dictators.

This place is a box of chocolates. You make a thread about something and then an unexpected twist or two happen a few posts in.

I never thought I'd write the words "donating blood" in this thread.

plastroncafe
01-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Everyone who can, should donate blood.
It's one of the easiest ways to pay stuff forward.

What you shouldn't do is donate blood...and then go out drinking.
That...that was a bad plan.

Learn from Gran'ma Plast's experience.

PApagreg
01-04-2017, 02:33 PM

Well Ariel is 18 so not really jailbait and you gotta admit hanging out with Hitler or Stalin would be interesting(provided if they don't kill you)

Prowler
01-04-2017, 02:35 PM

What you shouldn't do is donate blood...and then go out drinking.
That...that was a bad plan.

Learn from Gran'ma Plast's experience.
I've gotten blood drawn from me before for tests. It's always been fun. And I don t'fear needles, although I heard the ones they do to draw blood that's up for donation(which is a larger amount) are way thicker. I bet those can intimidate needle-phobic people a lot.

Well Ariel is 18 so not really jailbait and you gotta admit hanging out with Hitler or Stalin would be interesting(provided if they don't kill you)
They wouldn't kill you just for the heck of it, I wager.

Jephael
01-04-2017, 02:36 PM

When you put it that way, CyberCube's crush on Melissa Benoist isn't that creepy (relatively atleast)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-04-2017, 02:36 PM
You think hanging out with the worst humanity has to offer would be "interesting?"

In that case, invite Pol Pot to play tennis some fine spring afternoon. Just don't wear glasses to the match.

Prowler
01-04-2017, 02:37 PM
You think hanging out with the worst humanity has to offer would be "interesting?"

In that case, invite Pol Pot to play tennis some fine spring afternoon. Just don't wear glasses to the match.
No, not Pol Pot. He'd prolly off my brother(he wears glasses...)

Cure
01-04-2017, 02:44 PM
[B] Cure wants some jailbait romping

You need to look up what jailbait means. Barely legal, yes. Jailbait, no.

As one of the people who needs donated blood, thanks everyone!

Prowler
01-04-2017, 02:47 PM
Anyway, Cylons, yes Hitler and Stalin did what we all know, but it'd be interesting to meet them still. Even just for saying that you did it. I'm sure I'd have interesting convos with them even if I didn't see eye to eye with them for the most part.

I wonder what Hitler would think of Germany and Europe if he was alive today. There's a good comedy novel where Hitler comes back to life. Its title is Look Who's Back(in German Er ist wieder da). I think they're making a movie of it, but no idea if it's any good.

PApagreg
01-04-2017, 02:52 PM

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/5a/5a8a0c12a4479f95b5e26ab6bf6a03b0c842af356b5506ffc5 9138be4872361b.jpg

I know the grammar isnt correct but I could't pass up the opportunity

Jephael
I wonder what Hitler would think of Germany and Europe if he was alive today. There's a good comedy novel where Hitler comes back to life. Its title is Look Who's Back(in German Er ist wieder da). I think they're making a movie of it, but no idea if it's any good.

By any chance, is Sacha Baron Cohen involved in it? I can see this kinda thing being right up his ally!!!

Andrew NDB
I wonder what Hitler would think of Germany and Europe if he was alive today

There is a hysterical movie about that that came out last year.

AtW1Lq5c04E

Basically he uses social media to start a new political campaign, lol.

Prowler
01-04-2017, 02:53 PM
I guess Varg Vikernes would also be an "interesting" individual to talk to.

Prowler
01-04-2017, 02:54 PM
There is a hysterical movie about that that came out last year.

AtW1Lq5c04E

Basically he uses social media to start a new political campaign, lol.
Yes, that's what I'm talking about. it's based on a comedy novel I read a couple of years ago or so. Pretty funny book :lol:

CyberCubed
01-04-2017, 02:57 PM
When you put it that way, CyberCube's crush on Melissa Benoist isn't that creepy (relatively atleast)

Melissa Benoist is 28 years old. She's like...2 years younger than me.

Prowler
01-04-2017, 02:57 PM
Reminder that you're talking about the guy who wrote A Day Inside May.

DestronMirage22
01-04-2017, 03:11 PM
Reminder that you're talking about the guy who wrote A Day Inside May.

This great thread has now touched upon every topic we could ever want to talk about; jailbait, genocidal dictators, blood donations, Cube's many perversions :lol:
God, I love this forum. :tlove:

ToTheNines
01-04-2017, 03:16 PM
Theme song for thread

pzdK8yd45uA

Prowler
01-04-2017, 03:17 PM
Why did Lemmy have to die? :(

Jephael
01-04-2017, 04:11 PM
I kinda wanna hang out with Bruce Willis, having just seen the first 3 Die Hard flicks for the first time in my life. Holy crap, those movies are awesome!!!

CyberCubed
01-04-2017, 04:39 PM
I kinda wanna hang out with Bruce Willis, having just seen the first 3 Die Hard flicks for the first time in my life. Holy crap, those movies are awesome!!!

The Bruce Willis of today looks nothing like he did in those 3 movies. You wouldn't even recognize him.

Andrew NDB
01-04-2017, 04:42 PM

He's purportedly a world class prick in real life.

Prowler
01-04-2017, 04:45 PM
What about Arnold and Sly? Dey cool?

Andrew NDB
01-04-2017, 04:50 PM
What about Arnold and Sly? Dey cool?

Very cool! Met them both at the "Escape Plan" premiere. Sly moreso than Arnie.

Prowler
01-04-2017, 05:10 PM
Very cool! Met them both at the "Escape Plan" premiere. Sly moreso than Arnie.
I think I'd have some trouble understanding Stallone.

Icebot
01-04-2017, 06:18 PM
I would love to meet the person who ended up as second runner up in the tv show Food Network Star during season 10. Also the AVGN and any ninja turtles actor/actress.

Prowler
01-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Would would you discuss with him?

Trump actually seems like he'd be fun to hang out with for a bit.

ToTheNines
01-09-2017, 06:34 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/11/08/22/3A26DDDE00000578-3913524-Donald_Trump_channels_Burt_Reynolds_the_quintessen tial_the_Cosmo-a-1_1478644992154.jpg

Whatswiththeheadbands?
01-10-2017, 11:28 AM
https://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/images/medium/LZEP_00015_led%20zeppelin%202.1975_%2007-Edit.jpg

MsMarvelDuckie
01-19-2017, 07:32 PM
Can't believe I haven't done this yet. My choice? Piers Anthony or Anne McCaffery. They are the two writers who were my biggest inspirations to be one myself. I've heard both are really nice to fans, but with Anthony I wouldn't even neccessarily talk books. I'd love to just talk with him about whatever.

Other than that maybe Cam Clark would be fun to chat with. So many characters I grew up with, and I'd love to hear his stories about his time working on TMNT.