PDA

View Full Version : Unreleased 2012 Turtle Prototypes?

Crognard The Barbarian
01-04-2017, 10:08 PM
Upon looking at stock photos of the RC Patrol Buggies, I noticed that the head sculpts on the turtle figures riding the vehicles are different than those that are available. They appear to be attached to the Battle Shell bodies.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone have any information on this? I personally like those sculpts and would like to add them to my collection.

Powder
01-04-2017, 10:20 PM
Those are the battle shell turtles...

Crognard The Barbarian
01-04-2017, 10:43 PM
Those are the battle shell turtles...

Look at the heads! They are different than the Battle Shell figures.

Powder
01-04-2017, 11:04 PM
I did, & I don't see a difference.

VaughnMichael
01-05-2017, 12:11 AM
The only thing I can see that may be different are the shapes of Leonardo and Rpahels heads.
But I'm not even 100% sure on that as it's really not much of a difference.

go_ninja84
01-05-2017, 04:42 AM
Ok I just looked at my battle shell figures and the head sculpt are the same as the pic you posted. Only difference between the pic and figures I see is bandana is rotated a different way which does not surprise me considering its Playmates. But it's definitely Battle Shell figures in the pic

Crognard The Barbarian
01-05-2017, 05:15 AM
Ok I just looked at my battle shell figures and the head sculpt are the same as the pic you posted. Only difference between the pic and figures I see is bandana is rotated a different way which does not surprise me considering its Playmates. But it's definitely Battle Shell figures in the pic

I should have been clearer. That's what I am referring to, the bandannas being different which is a new sculpt since one cannot rotate the bandanna on the Battle Shell figures. Is there any information on why this is? Were the bandannas meant to have the ability to rotate? Do different molds exist? That's what I am wondering about.

go_ninja84
01-05-2017, 08:29 AM
I should have been clearer. That's what I am referring to, the bandannas being different which is a new sculpt since one cannot rotate the bandanna on the Battle Shell figures. Is there any information on why this is? Were the bandannas meant to have the ability to rotate? Do different molds exist? That's what I am wondering about.
they dont cast the whole head with the bandana. the heads are cast then the bandanas are attached

Jester
01-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Maybe they photoshopped the image to make it look like the bandannas are wind blown.

go_ninja84
01-05-2017, 09:38 AM
Maybe they photoshopped the image to make it look like the bandannas are wind blown.
this is a good point too

Crognard The Barbarian
01-06-2017, 03:23 PM
they dont cast the whole head with the bandana. the heads are cast then the bandanas are attached

I guess I wish they made more bandannas that could be attached along with painted-in pupils.

The whole point is that they show figures that aren't available to advertise other products even if they're very similar to what we currently have. The bandanna makes it look like an entirely different item to me.

Candy Kappa
01-06-2017, 03:51 PM
Looks shopped.