PDA

View Full Version : OT tmnt cartoon ?

wvfan
01-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Hi

My wife got me some of the season I was missing for Xmas. I was watching season 4 and noticed that the quality seems off compared to season 3. The picture is darker image and some images are not as crisp.

Is anyone else like that ?

Thanks

oldmanwinters
01-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Hi

My wife got me some of the season I was missing for Xmas. I was watching season 4 and noticed that the quality seems off compared to season 3. The picture is darker image and some images are not as crisp.

Is anyone else like that ?

Thanks

I remember there was some noticeable VHS tracking line difficulties on the Season 3 dvds. Really depended on the episode. Can't recall which ones.

pferreira
01-05-2017, 04:33 PM
Hi My wife got me some of the season I was missing for Xmas. I was watching season 4 and noticed that the quality seems off compared to season 3. The picture is darker image and some images are not as crisp.

Is anyone else like that ?Depends on your source. The KSM transfers are a little better than the Lionsgate ones. Having said that it really depends on who animated it. The first seven or so episodes of that season were animated by Fred Wolf Dublin.

wvfan
01-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Thanks for reply

I thought something was little off.

Thanks

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-18-2017, 09:06 AM
The animation was changed to darker for season 4.

pferreira
01-19-2017, 09:03 AM
The animation was changed to darker for season 4.Are you talking about the CBS episodes? They had a slightly bigger budget by that point so the animation became more refined.

01-20-2017, 12:38 PM
Are you talking about the CBS episodes? They had a slightly bigger budget by that point so the animation became more refined.

I didn't know it had with CBS to do.

pferreira
01-26-2017, 12:45 PM
I didn't know it had with CBS to do.They had a bigger budget due to CBS buying them that's why the CBS episodes have better animation.

01-30-2017, 08:39 AM
They had a bigger budget due to CBS buying them that's why the CBS episodes have better animation.

Weren't all season 4 episodes already produced at the time they aired?

pferreira
02-02-2017, 08:37 AM
Weren't all season 4 episodes already produced at the time they aired?I could be wrong but from what I understand the CBS episodes of Season 4 would most likely been financed by the network. This is why the CBS episodes for the most part look better animated.