PDA

View Full Version : Fruit

Prowler
01-09-2017, 01:03 PM
Fruit... that thing that people for years thought it was pretty healthy when it fact some fruits have lots of sugar.

Nevertheless! Fruit in moderation is good for you because fiber and vitamins.

I don't eat much fruit nowadays because fruit is kinda expensive unlike vegetables such beans. But I really like peaches(those big orange ones) and also oranges and lemons. Hell I can eat slices of orange and lemon on top of my meat just fine! I really love their acidity. The burning sensation of lemon on a small sore on your lip feels goooooood man. And ofc, I like golden apples and also cherries.

I have a love/hate relationship with bananas. had a couple this week and they were OK. But despite usually preferring national stuff as far as fruit goes... when it comes to bananas I'll take Ecuador's and Colombia's over Madeira Islands' bananas.

What about you? Do you like fruit in general? And how often do you eat fruit?

Powder
01-09-2017, 01:11 PM
I don't eat fruit on its own terribly often, but I enjoy it. Bananas are my favorite. We sometimes buy a mixed fruit assortment from a local supermarket that has watermelon, pineapple, grapes, strawberries & other stuff in it, quite like that. I dig blueberries as well, particularly as part of desserts. I'm big on putting lemon into water/soda, love cooking with it too.

snake
01-09-2017, 01:34 PM
I love fruit. I could live off Bananas and Papaya. I'm a sucker for a good smoothie as well.

The Deadman
01-09-2017, 01:36 PM
I enjoy watermelon and pineapple on occasion.

Ninjinister
01-09-2017, 02:02 PM
I don't eat much fruit nowadays because fruit is kinda expensive

Dude no? Like red delicious is 99 cents a pound. Bananas even less... something like 79 cents/lb. I guess there might be regional differences but on the whole fresh fruit is usually the same price as fresh vegetables (obviously depending on what you're into).

Also beans are a legume which are a fruit.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-09-2017, 02:06 PM
Coconut. That is all.

Candy Kappa
01-09-2017, 02:13 PM
A lot of fruits and berries have risen in price lately, so I don't buy it so often. But I'm a sucker for strawberries, Norwegian ones are the best, Scottish second then Belgium and last Spanish.

99 cents a pound... jeez, I wish.

DarkFell
01-09-2017, 02:14 PM
There are very few types of fruit that I will turn down.
Ripe dragon fruit recently became a favorite.

Prowler
01-09-2017, 02:29 PM
I don't eat fruit on its own terribly often, but I enjoy it. Bananas are my favorite. We sometimes buy a mixed fruit assortment from a local supermarket that has watermelon, pineapple, grapes, strawberries & other stuff in it, quite like that. I dig blueberries as well, particularly as part of desserts. I'm big on putting lemon into water/soda, love cooking with it too.
Forget strawberries. And unlike many people, I can eat them withotu sugar on them fine
Dude no? Like red delicious is 99 cents a pound. Bananas even less... something like 79 cents/lb. I guess there might be regional differences but on the whole fresh fruit is usually the same price as fresh vegetables (obviously depending on what you're into).

Also beans are a legume which are a fruit.
Well yeah maybe in USA fruit is cheap but in my country a few bananas can cost over 2 euro nowadays. Strawberries have also gotten expensive lately.

Ah really? Ok.

ToTheNines
01-09-2017, 02:46 PM
I love fruit. I could live off Bananas and Papaya. I'm a sucker for a good smoothie as well.

Do you even Tropical Smoothie Cafe bro?

MsMarvelDuckie
01-09-2017, 03:04 PM
LOVE fruit of almost any kind. Not big on peaches or cherries on their own but there isn't a fruit or berry out there I won't eat. My faves are strawberries, blackberries, pomegranite, and kiwi or canteloup. Really love honeydew melons and grapes or bananas too. Mulberries or persimmons when I can get them, and anything with dragonfruit too. Oddly enough, when I was pregnant with the duckling, I CRAVED fruit or salads constantly, in spite of taking vitamin supplenments every day that more than covered any needs for the vitamins in fruits or veggies. It was almost all I could eat without getting morning sick, too. Everything else (except Subway, for some reason) made me sick. Seafood especially, which sucked because I love it.

I will eat an entire mixed fruit container on my own if given the chance, and when blackberries are ripe on the bushes at my mom's place, when it is time to pick them only about HALF the berries ever make it into my bucket lol!

IndigoErth
01-09-2017, 03:10 PM
I'd probably eat more if what I like most wasn't so pricey. Berries are top faves for me, with blueberries as as the most fave and raspberries coming in not far behind. Then they're more in season in summer and prices are better I'll sometimes get them to toss in the freezer to snack on frozen.

Kiwi are also awesome, Bing cherries too. Don't mind the common fruit staples (apple, orange, banana, pear...) now and then.

I would not mind growing a fruit salad in the backyard with a bunch of fruit trees and berry bushes. :)

MsMarvelDuckie
01-09-2017, 03:23 PM
That's why I love going to visit my mom in June. TONS of ripe blackberries fresh on the bush and free for the picking! And they grow right around the largest of their three spring-fed ponds so they are always big and juicy. Blackberries are my absolute favorite besides strawberries, and we always freeze a bunch and use the rest in her homemade jellies or in cobblers. SOOO good.

IndigoErth
01-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Making me miss my grandparent's old place. They had a messy mass of raspberry bushes, both red and black. As well as gooseberries growing elsewhere.

Had a handful of old apple trees, but didn't eat too many of them as a kid. Either they weren't grafted to grow 'supermarket quality' fruit or they'd long ago reverted back to the smaller, wild apples nature intended. Flavor wise they weren't too bad if you got hold of some that looked decent and the bugs hadn't gotten to yet, but they weren't easy to come by and the small size didn't give you much apple for the effort.

The chestnuts were always really good though. And last I saw two summers ago still seem to be free of any blight that's plaguing this region.

Icebot
01-09-2017, 04:29 PM
I like most fruits. I love oranges, watermelons, nectarines and plums.

I like blueberries, apples, strawberries and grapes.

I love tomatoes (not sure if that's a fruit or a vegetable).

I don't really like bananas or pineapples.

IndigoErth
01-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Seeds on the inside, so tomato is a fruit.

But reminded me I've wondered about strawberry in the past. :-? Not sure I should have looked it up. lol

Technically, the strawberry is an aggregate accessory fruit, meaning that the fleshy part is derived not from the plant's ovaries but from the receptacle that holds the ovaries. Each apparent "seed" (achene) on the outside of the fruit is actually one of the ovaries of the flower, with a seed inside it. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry)

So... in some way it's vaguely like a plant uterus? I'll never look at it the same. lol

CyberCubed
01-09-2017, 06:57 PM
Banana's and grapes are the best. Also like oranges and plums.

Cure
01-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Banana's and grapes are the best. Also like oranges and plums.

Yeah, same here, minus the plums. I'm not into the more tropical or exotic joints. Simple tastes, I suppose.

MsMarvelDuckie
01-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Mmm. Makes me think of homemade plum jelly. With wild plums. Dang it npw I want summer to hurry up and get here so I can go plum and blackberry picking.

FredWolfLeonardo
01-09-2017, 08:45 PM
I love fruits to death, Infact there are times where I have had had 4-5 apples in a row.

Speaking of Apples, my favourite are the royal gala variety.

Machias Banshee
01-13-2017, 07:28 PM
:mango: <3

Love fruit - especially stuff I've grown/harvested myself - strawberries, apples, grapes, blueberries..

I do like your 'typical' fruits (bananas, oranges, apples, etc), but I've also enjoyed lychees, pomegranates, New Zealand Horned melon, coconut and passion-fruit.

I tried a purple yam cake and got hooked REAL fast..

Prowler
01-13-2017, 08:28 PM
:mango: <3

Love fruit - especially stuff I've grown/harvested myself - strawberries, apples, grapes, blueberries..

I do like your 'typical' fruits (bananas, oranges, apples, etc), but I've also enjoyed lychees, pomegranates, New Zealand Horned melon, coconut and passion-fruit.

I tried a purple yam cake and got hooked REAL fast..
Ever tried papayas? My grandmother was a fan of them.

ProactiveMan
01-14-2017, 08:48 AM
I like fruit in general, and I especially like pears.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-20-2017, 04:06 PM
Clementine

shuriken
02-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Pineapples, Apples, Watermelons, oranges, apples and bananas are all good to me.
But Strawberries make me happy, I especially like eating them with some dark chocolate, or in yogurt, or ice cream, or on waffles, or in a smoothie, hell I put em on salads too. Strawberries are my $h!t