PDA

View Full Version : Krang's Gross Dimension X Body by KaptainMyke [ PROGRESS ]

kaptainmyke
01-10-2017, 01:25 PM
http://blog.kaptainmyke.com/?p=1010

Itís my very first custom action figure Iíve ever built. For the sake of being the first in the world to attempt to build such an interesting figure, I will be unveiling progression photos and production notes. :D

http://blog.kaptainmyke.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/IMG_7730.jpg

A ton of photos and updates will be here and at my progress posts on my blog.

What do you think? :teek:

Candy Kappa
01-10-2017, 02:10 PM
I love it that you are tackling Krang's body, that design deserves a physical representation.

I didn't think X Body was as tall as the Android body, but it's a nice base for a custom.

Powder
01-10-2017, 02:14 PM
Wow. Well, it's certainly ambitious! Never thought I'd see a gutted/re-purposed Krang android. :tlol: Like CK implied, I think the original idea was for it to be a standard sized action figure, but this scale would definitely give one a sizable canvas for sculpting all that detail. He'd be quite formidable! Best of luck.

plastroncafe
01-10-2017, 02:23 PM
This is super cool!
Please keep us posted

kaptainmyke
01-10-2017, 02:52 PM
Thanks I really appreciate it. Any feedback whether constructive or positive with concerns is totally welcome. I always assumed this figure was intended to be an 11" or 12" figure. I guess I never thought about it being a 5" figure.

Custom Toy Builder and forum member Galoob23 had observed the 2008 Marvel Hulk Abomination figure is pretty much a direct ripoff of this body concept art drawing. That figure is the standard 5" or 6" size I believe. Maybe he will chime in this thread soon with a photo.

oldmanwinters
01-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Cool idea! Looking forward to see how it all comes together!

kaptainmyke
01-10-2017, 05:30 PM
Cool idea! Looking forward to see how it all comes together!

I have another project in the works too - and thanks to oldmanwinters I can get finalized on the card art. :D

oldmanwinters
01-10-2017, 10:35 PM
My pleasure!

kaptainmyke
01-11-2017, 12:22 AM
Wow. Well, it's certainly ambitious! Never thought I'd see a gutted/re-purposed Krang android. :tlol: Like CK implied, I think the original idea was for it to be a standard sized action figure, but this scale would definitely give one a sizable canvas for sculpting all that detail. He'd be quite formidable! Best of luck.

I was thinking on that theory again some more. If the original brain head would fit on top, how would that be to scale with a 5" figure? Would that even work?

kwalsh007
01-28-2017, 11:41 PM
Hey how's this coming along? Curious to see the progress.

kaptainmyke
01-29-2017, 11:04 AM
It's going really well. I've spent the past week busy with other projects, but the head sculpting is coming along nicely. I should have a new post next week.

Galoob23
01-29-2017, 02:09 PM
Custom Toy Builder and forum member Galoob23 had observed the 2008 Marvel Hulk Abomination figure is pretty much a direct ripoff of this body concept art drawing. That figure is the standard 5" or 6" size I believe. Maybe he will chime in this thread soon with a photo.

I'll definately do that! But first I have to wrap op the 12 inch Giant Cyber Samurai Turtle in his box!

tmntfannumerouno
02-17-2017, 08:39 PM
If you're still wondering what to use to fill in the cavity you could try aluminum foil.

kaptainmyke
02-28-2017, 03:02 PM
Guys I have not abandoned the project at all - turns out, after January hit everyone in my household got super sick and we got snowed in twice so I've had a lot of distractions lately. More updates to come soon. oh and a big Thank you to tmntfannumerouno for the sound advice on the stomach cavity.

TheCanadiandrome
03-02-2017, 12:29 AM
Lookin good dude