PDA

View Full Version : Would you want to see The Foot use firearms

PApagreg
01-10-2017, 01:44 PM
And I'm not talking about assault rifles or shotguns but maybe pistols and sniper rifles, they can still use swords and martial arts but I don't think its too crazy for them to carry a sidearm with them. Thoughts

CyberCubed
01-10-2017, 01:49 PM
They've done this quite a bit, way back in Mirage. You see Foot shooting guns in Return to New York.

neatoman
01-10-2017, 01:51 PM
We saw them use firearms in City at War, we've seen firearms in the first PD movie and I'm pretty sure they've been depicted with firearms elsewhere. Pretty sure all of the cartoons depict someone in the Foot using laser guns.

So the Foot are no strangers to firearms.

Powder
01-10-2017, 02:06 PM
As others have said, about half of the turtleverses feature armed Foot Soldiers, so, yeah, that's a thing.

I'm fine with it as long as it's not their primary means. I don't like the whole militarized Foot thing Bay & co. did, but bustin' during times of crisis, like in Mirage's City At War, is cool.

Andrew NDB
01-10-2017, 02:14 PM
They've done this quite a bit, way back in Mirage. You see Foot shooting guns in Return to New York.

It's weird that in the later stuff (Tales V2, etc.) the Foot weren't doing that.

Candy Kappa
01-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Ninja shouldn't be unfamiliar with firearms. In their heyday, guns was around as well as rocket launchers and grenades, Shinobi was using explosives and iirc there's even bomb recipes in some of the real scrolls.

PApagreg
01-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Okay I already know there have been some adaptions where the Foot used firearms all I'm asking is that would you(the viewer) want to see them use firearms or are you against the idea

Andrew NDB
01-10-2017, 02:16 PM
Okay I already know there have been some adaptions where the Foot used firearms all I'm asking is that would you(the viewer) want to see them use firearms or are you against the idea

They should primarily be using firearms in any instance where subterfuge and sneaking around/being quiet is not called for.

Powder
01-10-2017, 02:16 PM
I think it's a generally accepted idea considering how many iterations (source material included) have done it.

PApagreg
01-10-2017, 02:22 PM
I think it's a generally accepted idea considering how many iterations (source material included) have done it.
What other adaptions have done it besides Mirage and Bay turtles

Candy Kappa
01-10-2017, 02:29 PM
What other materials have done it besides Mirage and Bay turtles

FW Foot Soldiers had laser rifles

http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/49448/4098220-foot+soldier+(2).jpg

ABrown
01-10-2017, 02:38 PM

http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/49448/4098220-foot+soldier+(2).jpg

Yeah, I don't mind the robotic Foot Soldiers using some type of blaster/laser rifles. But I don't really like the idea of human Foot using guns.

neatoman
01-10-2017, 02:48 PM

There's also this. They're not laser guns, they're not plasma guns, they're not some other kind of typical kid show safe firearm.

They're MAGIC GUNS!... I have no idea how that works but that's literally what they are...

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/3/38/TMNT_Mystech_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110512160823&path-prefix=de

Andrew NDB
01-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I don't mind the robotic Foot Soldiers using some type of blaster/laser rifles. But I don't really like the idea of human Foot using guns.

But how come?

ABrown
01-10-2017, 03:12 PM
But how come?

Just a personal preference. I wouldn't be a huge fan of the Turtles using guns either.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-10-2017, 03:20 PM
There's also this. They're not laser guns, they're not plasma guns, they're not some other kind of typical kid show safe firearm.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/3/38/TMNT_Mystech_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110512160823&path-prefix=de

The Foot robots used laser rayguns several times in the 19871996 animated TV-series.

pferreira
01-12-2017, 08:39 AM
I guess the thing about The Foot is that as ninjas they shouldn't need guns as it defeats the purpose of the training.

Powder
01-12-2017, 11:22 AM
I guess the thing about The Foot is that as ninjas they shouldn't need guns as it defeats the purpose of the training.

Uh, no, it doesn't. Ninjas used virtually anything they had access to so long as it got the job done. Half the stuff they fight with are farming tools.

CyberCubed
01-12-2017, 11:48 AM
A modern day ninja clan would certainly also be trained to use firearms. Also stuff like rocket launchers, grenades, sniper rifles, etc.

01-12-2017, 11:57 AM
They can use what they want to get rid of the turtles.

Andrew NDB
01-12-2017, 11:58 AM
A modern day ninja clan would certainly also be trained to use firearms. Also stuff like rocket launchers, grenades, sniper rifles, etc.

Correct. Not every modern "mission" of the Foot Clan would be, "We need you to go to this spot and ninja sword and ninja star everyone to death." And if there's no need for stealth, why not bring an AK-47? It'd be foolish not to.

And sniper rifles, most especially. There's no reason they would need to get up close and take out a target up close when they can pick the target off at 2,700 yards.

Candy Kappa
01-12-2017, 12:22 PM
And going by Comic Book/Hollywood logic, silencers only makes small fart noises :lol: perfect for ninjas.

01-12-2017, 12:29 PM
Correct. Not every modern "mission" of the Foot Clan would be, "We need you to go to this spot and ninja sword and ninja star everyone to death." And if there's no need for stealth, why not bring an AK-47? It'd be foolish not to.

And sniper rifles, most especially. There's no reason they would need to get up close and take out a target up close when they can pick the target off at 2,700 yards.

I have no problems with it as long as the turtles don't. Sure they can use a cannon on the Turtlevan or Turtleblimp, but having them walk around carrying pistols or rifles would ruin all the myths. they aren't James Bond or Lucky Luke.

Andrew NDB
01-12-2017, 12:38 PM
I have no problems with it as long as the turtles don't. Sure they can use a cannon on the Turtlevan or Turtleblimp

The what?

but having them walk around carrying pistols or rifles would ruin all the myths. they aren't James Bond or Lucky Luke.

Now, while I don't see the Turtles ever packing a gun sidearm as part of their regular arsenal... I think if they were to, say, descend into a room full of people with guns, and they got their hands on one of their guns over the course of the fighting of course they wouldn't hesitate to blow the bad guys away with their guns. It's more efficient.

neatoman
01-12-2017, 12:41 PM
I have no problems with it as long as the turtles don't. Sure they can use a cannon on the Turtlevan or Turtleblimp, but having them walk around carrying pistols or rifles would ruin all the myths. they aren't James Bond or Lucky Luke.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HPglxCwaYRI/Vw9Vp0-7Y_I/AAAAAAAAApw/6rrlTE4pVhUgKRepy-3QRT-AWKkJTtGFwCCo/s0-Ic42/RCO005.JPG

Technogeek29
01-12-2017, 02:55 PM
I don't see how the Turtles could really use Fire arms regularly attracts for too much attention to them.

The foot being faceless fodder half the time don't really have that problem and would probably only use their regular weapons in close combat or out of ammunition. Didn't they use dual chain guns in RTNY?

Cryomancer
01-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Use whatever tools you need to get the job done.

Candy Kappa
01-12-2017, 05:11 PM
I certainly can see why some would be put off out by ninjas using guns, and think that ninjas should only use "ninja weapons". But firearms was around in Japan since the 13th century and was really popularized when European guns was introduced in the mid 1500's.

Shinobi loved guns and firearms from a plethora of gunpowder recipies, and how to make a musket fire two shots before needing reloading. Fire arrows, hand grenades and land mines recipies can be found in the Bansenshuai under the fourth section of Ninja Tools.

Heck there's even a segment about making a musket ball that not only fires, but cleans the musket as well.

And the Ninja loooves setting things on fire, holy **** so many recipies on weapons and tools that set things on fire, and torches.

So many torch recipies, like waterproof torches. Don't want your torch to go out before you can lit "The Incineration Fire" (lead hand grenade) :lol:

That said. No thank you to guns-only paramilitary Foot Clan ;)

Andrew NDB
01-12-2017, 05:42 PM
That said. No thank you to guns-only paramilitary Foot Clan ;)

No. That was dumb.

DevilSpooky
01-12-2017, 05:44 PM

The Turtles have used firearms before in countless mediums, Mirage, 2k3 and IDW are such examples, a true ninja uses anything around them as a weapon if it's suitable at the moment.

CyberCubed
01-13-2017, 11:32 AM
The Turtles even used firearms in the original cartoon, albeit they were laser guns of course. There's a Season 7 episode where Don picks up one of the Foot Soldier's laser rifles and blasts them all to hell.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-13-2017, 11:42 AM
The Turtles even used firearms in the original cartoon, albeit they were laser guns of course. There's a Season 7 episode where Don picks up one of the Foot Soldier's laser rifles and blasts them all to hell.

Excuse me, but the OT was never that violent. Geez, man. :trolleye:

Don picked up a laser rifle and blasted them all to HECK. There's a big difference, you raging antisocial violent monster.

MsMarvelDuckie
01-13-2017, 06:30 PM
Thats right- you tell him CKD. Heck is AT LEAST two levels above the first level of Hell. It's right below Limbo, I believe.

Candy Kappa
01-14-2017, 03:24 AM
Heck sounds too violent, HFIL is much better.

neatoman
01-14-2017, 04:31 AM
Heck sounds too violent, HFIL is much better.

What about "The Next Dimension"?

01-17-2017, 07:39 AM
Excuse me, but the OT was never that violent. Geez, man. :trolleye:

Don picked up a laser rifle and blasted them all to HECK.

It was still just robots.

THGhost
01-19-2017, 07:56 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HPglxCwaYRI/Vw9Vp0-7Y_I/AAAAAAAAApw/6rrlTE4pVhUgKRepy-3QRT-AWKkJTtGFwCCo/s0-Ic42/RCO005.JPG

This part of that issue was so bizarre.

01-20-2017, 01:12 PM
I recall a UK Hero Turtles comic where the turtles of a parallell universe were bank robbers, threatening bank cashiers with rifles.