PDA

View Full Version : April 2017 Solicitations

AlZarkovski
01-16-2017, 01:23 PM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #69

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2017/01/TMNT69a.jpg
http://comicsalliance.com/files/2017/01/TMNT69b.jpg
http://comicsalliance.com/files/2017/01/TMNT69c.jpg
Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco (a & c) • Kevin Eastman, Nick Roche (c)

“Desperate Measures,” Part 3! Old Hob and the TMNT work together to save the Mutanimals, but Bishop still has some tricks up his sleeve!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
· The fate of mutant-kind rests in the balance!
· Variant cover buy Nick Roche!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #9

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2017/01/TMNTU08a.jpg
http://comicsalliance.com/files/2017/01/TMNTU08b.jpg
http://comicsalliance.com/files/2017/01/TMNTU08c.jpg

Sophie Campbell, Bobby Curnow & Brahm Revel (w) • Pablo Tunica, Brahm Revel (a) • Freddie Williams II (c) • Pablo Tunica (c)

“Toad Baron’s Ball,” Part 1! Alopex and Nobody are looking for a little rest and relaxation but get more than they ask for when they become the unwilling guests of a never-ending party thrown by the hedonistic Toad Baron!
FC • 32 pages • $4.99

Bullet points:
· An important lead-in to a future TMNT ongoing story!
· Variant cover by Sophie Campbell!

BATMAN/TMNT Adventures #6 (of 6)

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2017/01/TMNTBA06a.jpg
http://comicsalliance.com/files/2017/01/TMNTBA06b.jpg
http://comicsalliance.com/files/2017/01/TMNTBA06c.jpg

Matthew K. Manning (w) • Jon Sommariva (a & c) • Valerio Schiti (c)

Months after the conclusion to their adventure, Batman and the TMNT discover that the hidden threat has not passed and now Gotham is in danger! A last-ditch effort may be the only thing that saves two worlds!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
· Additional issue added by popular demand!
· Variant cover by Sean Galloway!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Eastman and Laird’s Mirage Studios Covers

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2017/01/TMNTELC.jpg
Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird (a & c)

The book that classic TMNT fans have been waiting for! All the covers from the earliest days of Mirage Studios in one archival collection, plus pencils/inks/paintings by co-creators Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, including all the original sketches, behind the scenes insight, and never before seen works made available through the incredible archives of Eastman and Laird! A must-have volume for Turtles fans and collectors.

HC • PC • $39.99 • 200 pages • 8” x 12.5” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-690-4

Bullet points:
· A new definitive collection for fans of the Turtles, Peter Laird, and Kevin Eastman!
· Advance solicited for June release!

CyberCubed
01-16-2017, 01:40 PM
On the Batman crossover, Robin is drawn with his Tim Drake design, even though its supposed to be Dick Grayson who never wore that red costume.

Also nice to see Alopex back with the gang.

ChosenOne
01-16-2017, 01:48 PM
Well, that Toad Baron story is certainly a curveball... Is he an original character, or just a really obscure pre-existing one? And could he maybe, just maybe, be somehow tied in to the Punk Frogs? (Wishful thinking, I know)

ToTheNines
01-16-2017, 01:48 PM
I wonder if the Toad Baron is a Pantheon member.

CyberCubed
01-16-2017, 02:01 PM
Well, that Toad Baron story is certainly a curveball... Is he an original character, or just a really obscure pre-existing one? And could he maybe, just maybe, be somehow tied in to the Punk Frogs? (Wishful thinking, I know)

The summary says its a lead in to a future TMNT story. Might be foreshadowing the Punk Frogs.

Really reminds me of the same thing Nick did with the Punk Frogs by having a huge village of them rather than just only 4.

spookycookies
looks like the Team Nobody and Space adventures I asked for this year came true... Really excited to see who the Toad Baron is his name kind of sounds like Rat King doesn't it?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Toad Baron... WTF? :tlol:

This looks bizarre. No idea what this is. Pantheon seems to make the most sense so far.

Huh.

Also, Hob/TMNT fighting the EPF and Bishop!? All my hopes and dreams have finally come true. :tgrin: :tcool:

CyberCubed
01-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Well i guess now we know the other Universe 2-parter that takes place before the Karai 4-parter.

Powder
01-16-2017, 02:21 PM
I wonder if the Toad Baron is a Pantheon member.

That's my guess.

He seems really cool. Looking forward to that.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-16-2017, 02:21 PM
Well i guess now we know the other Universe 2-parter that takes place before the Karai 4-parter.

Yup.

EXACTLY AS I PROPHESIED. :twink:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-16-2017, 02:24 PM
So, looking over the first three TPBs of Universe, I'd say the sister title is doing a great job of advancing the IDW "universe" of TMNT alongside the main title.

It introduced Bishop and brought Baxter Stockman back into play in its kickoff story arc (also Null)
Leatherhead/Hob/Hun
Wyrm
Metalhead and a look at Donatello's time in the robot
Alopex/Angel teamup
Advancing the Pantheon plot
Karai/Bludgeon/Koya

Will have introduced (at least) four new characters to the series (Wyrm, Toad Baron, Zodi, and "Jim").

I dunno about you guys, but I'm damn satisfied.

MikeandRaph87
01-16-2017, 02:34 PM
On the Batman crossover, Robin is drawn with his Tim Drake design, even though its supposed to be Dick Grayson who never wore that red costume.

Also nice to see Alopex back with the gang.

It surprised me when it said additional issue added. Unfortunately it said months after the event which means its likely the Jason Todd with Tim Drake's name character. A major reason i was excited was it was Dick Grayson instead.:(

So Alopex does return with Raphael and Nobody after all! I was thinking she would stay behind for awhile.

What is the deal with the Toad character? My first thought was the Nickized Punk Frog, particularly Attila. I was hoping my favorite ally/allies from the original cartoon would appear. Ah,well. I have faith in IDW. It says its act 1 of a story that will be furthered in the ongoing. #76 likely. We already have a good idea what the whole calendar year will look like in the ongoing.

Ray is down and probably Pete as well. Its up to Hob to work with the TMNT to stop Agent Bishop.

ChosenOne
01-16-2017, 02:43 PM
Silly me for not even considering the possibility that Toad Baron might be a member of the Pantheon! Also, are those lotus flowers on the first cover? As in a lotus eaters scenario? Certainly would account for the never-ending party thing... I love this guy already!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-16-2017, 02:57 PM
Silly me for not even considering the possibility that Toad Baron might be a member of the Pantheon! Also, are those lotus flowers on the first cover? As in a lotus eaters scenario? Certainly would account for the never-ending party thing... I love this guy already!

An eternally-partying Toad god? That's 100% WTF awesome. :tgrin:

As much as I wanted Punk Frogs to show up, I think this is going to be way cooler.

ADDED: He's the Rat King's cooler frog brother. Also, what style or culture is that little hat he's wearing? Anybody recognize it?

Ninjinister
01-16-2017, 03:06 PM
An eternally-partying Toad god? That's 100% WTF awesome. :tgrin:

As much as I wanted Punk Frogs to show up, I think this is going to be way cooler.

ADDED: He's the Rat King's cooler frog brother. Also, what style or culture is that little hat he's wearing? Anybody recognize it?

Looks like a fez.

And he's clearly based on this guy

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/c/c6/Giant_frog.png/revision/latest?cb=20100622184106

Kidding, kinda. Actually he looks like the giant frog boss in the GBA Battle Nexus game mixed with the frog demon from Jackie Chan Adventures

CyberCubed
01-16-2017, 03:33 PM
There's tons of other frogs on that cover. Its not too far a stretch 4 of them could be mutated into the Punk Frogs.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-16-2017, 03:37 PM
There's tons of other frogs on that cover. Its not too far a stretch 4 of them could be mutated into the Punk Frogs.

And what would be the point?

MikeandRaph87
01-16-2017, 03:37 PM
The Orbiting Frog is a sign of the Zodiac and it appears the Zodiac is the inspiration for the Pantheon. Perhaps not 100% but a heavy influence.

CyberCubed
01-16-2017, 03:39 PM
And what would be the point?

The same point as any other mutants introduced in the series, which now we have tons.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-16-2017, 04:03 PM
The Orbiting Frog is a sign of the Zodiac and it appears the Zodiac is the inspiration for the Pantheon. Perhaps not 100% but a heavy influence.

Good point!

The same point as any other mutants introduced in the series, which now we have tons.

I really don't see how four additional mutants (who are all visually similar i.e. frogs) can contribute a whole lot to a series already stuffed with mutants. You were one of the biggest complainers about Karai, Koya, and Bludgeon being AWOL since #50, remember? :twink:

neatoman
01-16-2017, 04:30 PM
"Toad Baron"? Is that a reference to something?... Mr Toad?

Utrommaniac
01-16-2017, 04:33 PM
Well, as long as he's not stealing any motorcars, we should be fine :P

Still, that looks like it'll be a really interesting story. I wonder what he'll be like...can't help but imagine a mix of Jabba the Hutt and Hedonismbot

MikeandRaph87
01-16-2017, 04:41 PM
It is possible he needs Frog Footmen. In Alice In Wonderland the royal lackeys of the Red Queen were anthropomorphic frogs.They might start as normal frogs, but to up the ante to see an ends to Baron Toad's means he could mutate four of them and perhaps they break away from him. The inspiration form Alice In Wonderland could be in this party that the Baron Toad seems to be holding. Not The Mad Hatter,but the toad character instead. It is all speculation. However, it does have merit that Baron Toad is a member of the Pantheon as it is a Zodiac sign as well.

neatoman
01-16-2017, 04:45 PM
Looks like a fez.

And he's clearly based on this guy

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/c/c6/Giant_frog.png/revision/latest?cb=20100622184106

Kidding, kinda. Actually he looks like the giant frog boss in the GBA Battle Nexus game mixed with the frog demon from Jackie Chan Adventures

This thing? I don't really see it.
https://voreinmedia.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/gba-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-battle-nexus-giant-frog-leonardo-03.png

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-16-2017, 05:13 PM
Biblically speaking, we can expect a plague of frogs. :tlol:

Also, in the book of Revelation, there are three unclean spirits like frogs that represent lies or something like that.

old_hob88
01-16-2017, 05:24 PM
The new adventure arc looks like it'll be awesome. Im also hoping he's a Pantheon member.

Pretty cool that it's written by Sophie and Bobby. It'll be cool to see Pablo Tunica's art for two full issues too!

CyberCubed
01-17-2017, 02:45 AM
What's interesting is thus far all the Pantheon members have been humanoid. The Toad Baron is the first full animal character to be part of them. If we ever see all the Pantheon members together (and I picture them all sitting at this huge long table together eventually), he's going to look quite strange next to the others.

I do expect there to be more animal looking Pantheon members though to balance it out.

neatoman
01-17-2017, 05:31 AM
So if Toad Baron is a member of the Pantheon, that makes me wonder what the rest of them are? Let's see now, this a list of what we got:

Rat
Fox
Crane
Bull
Snake
Toad

Does anyone else feel Turtle just has to be on that list?

ProphetofGanja
01-17-2017, 11:02 AM
So if Toad Baron is a member of the Pantheon, that makes me wonder what the rest of them are? Let's see now, this a list of what we got:

Rat
Fox
Crane
Bull
Snake
Toad

Eh, I dunno. Maybe we'll see a Turtle God. Also there was a picture of a squid-like Pantheon member in one issue.

I wanna lick the Toad Baron!

ToTheNines
01-17-2017, 11:07 AM
Who's the snake?

ProphetofGanja
01-17-2017, 11:13 AM
Who's the snake?

We don't know, but in one of the C&A issues there was an image of naga-type creature, upper body of a man, lower body of a snake, with a humanoid snakeish head and face

ToTheNines
01-17-2017, 11:18 AM
Huh. Guess I forgot that. I need to do a series read-through soon.

Panda_Kahn_fan
01-17-2017, 11:41 AM
Previews look awesome. If I had to wager, I'd guess Napoleon, Genghis, Rasputin, and Attila are among his minions there on the cover. They might not be mutants in this universe, but supernatural creatures. Also, anyone think the toad baron might be a reference to the toad villain Baron Greenback from Danger Mouse?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-17-2017, 11:46 AM
Previews look awesome. If I had to wager, I'd guess Napoleon, Genghis, Rasputin, and Attila are among his minions there on the cover. They might not be mutants in this universe, but supernatural creatures.

I think the best we're going to get is a name-dropping Easter egg, like Toad Baron referencing those four dictators and mentioning how he influenced them and others throughout history.

That'll be it.

Panda_Kahn_fan
01-17-2017, 11:51 AM
I think the best we're going to get is a name-dropping Easter egg, like Toad Baron referencing those four dictators and mentioning how he influenced them and others throughout history.

That'll be it.

I disagree. I think it's possible four of the toads might be named after the punk frogs, but they just namedrop them, and they're not main characters. There's really no reason not to use them. Could go either way, though.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-17-2017, 11:53 AM
I disagree. I think it's possible four of the toads might be named after the punk frogs, but they just namedrop them, and they're not main characters. There's really no reason not to use them.

Well, regardless of IF they ever show up or not, I would love to see them get the IDW treatment.

But I think they're in the same class as, say, Ace Duck or Mona Lisa; characters a lot of us would love to see, but are pretty unlikely at the moment.

Panda_Kahn_fan
01-17-2017, 11:57 AM
Well, regardless of IF they ever show up or not, I would love to see them get the IDW treatment.

But I think they're in the same class as, say, Ace Duck or Mona Lisa; characters a lot of us would love to see, but are pretty unlikely at the moment.

That I agree with. Sorry, I' just really hoping they appear, if we're getting this toad guy.

I also think the toad guy's attire is supposed to represent a partying Shriner at a fraternity convention? (notice the fez)

ToTheNines
01-17-2017, 12:14 PM
Hun and Attila will need to costar in a miniseries.

CyberCubed
01-17-2017, 12:27 PM

Rat
Fox
Crane
Bull
Snake
Toad

Its missing Bat. In the Mirage version of the Pantheon in Rat King's backstory issue in Tales, they literally had a guy dressed up like Batman. :lol:

MikeandRaph87
01-17-2017, 01:31 PM

Rat
Fox
Crane
Bull
Snake
Toad

Where did snake come from?

We have Kitsune/Fox, Rat King/Rat, Aka/Crane, Chi You/Bull, Baron Toad/Toad.

neatoman
01-17-2017, 01:42 PM
Where did snake come from?

We have Kitsune/Fox, Rat King/Rat, Aka/Crane, Chi You/Bull, Baron Toad/Toad.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-D8jegZHhNYI/VhA3lLCptKI/AAAAAAAAQhg/b3BoOmNGYZQ/s1600/4-3.png

ProphetofGanja
01-17-2017, 01:44 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-D8jegZHhNYI/VhA3lLCptKI/AAAAAAAAQhg/b3BoOmNGYZQ/s1600/4-3.png

I also wonder who that is facing-off against snake-guy

It looks like Chi-You is up top there in the panel with Aka, Rat King, and Kitsune, so maybe it is another not-yet-seen Pantheon member

Sophie Campbell
01-17-2017, 01:45 PM
No Punk Frogs or nods to them, sorry! It's a totally separate thing. Unless Pablo sneaks an easter egg in, maybe.

ProphetofGanja
01-17-2017, 01:47 PM
No Punk Frogs or nods to them, sorry! It's a totally separate thing. Unless Pablo sneaks an easter egg in, maybe.

*whew!* lol I'm glad

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-17-2017, 01:51 PM

Of course. Not surprised, and still quite excited! :tsmile:

Powder
01-17-2017, 01:55 PM
*whew!* lol I'm glad

Seconded. :trazz: They have their place & IDW ain't it.

Sophie Campbell
01-17-2017, 02:03 PM
If for some reason I did the Punk Frogs introduction, I'd make them disgusting villains since I hate frogs so much! 8)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-17-2017, 02:12 PM
If for some reason I did the Punk Frogs introduction, I'd make them disgusting villains since I hate frogs so much! 8)

Oh come on, frogs are adorable little green ribbet puppies.

Panda_Kahn_fan
01-17-2017, 02:15 PM

Eh, like I said, wishful thinking. Still we get a partying toad, and his army of mooks- close enough to the punk frogs in my book! XD

But I was wondsering- is the Toad baron based on Baron Greenback?

Sophie Campbell
01-17-2017, 02:16 PM
I don't think I know who Baron Greenback is... :o

ChosenOne
01-17-2017, 02:19 PM
It boggles my mind, after seeing the IDW version of the Neutrinos, that some folks still think there are characters (such as the Punk Frogs) unsuitable for this comic. IDW TMNT can make anything work!

As for "Snakey McSnake", while I imagine most of the Pantheon won't have titles of nobility in their name like Rat King and Toad Baron, I can see one or two more in the mix. Who's up for Serpent Prince?! :D

Panda_Kahn_fan
01-17-2017, 02:20 PM
I don't think I know who Baron Greenback is... :o

this guy;

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/9/92/Baron_Silas_Greenback.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140807225418

He's the main bad guy from the 1980's British cartoon danger mouse. I only thought it possible because of the 'toad baron' name.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-17-2017, 02:25 PM
It boggles my mind, after seeing the IDW version of the Neutrinos, that some folks still think there are characters (such as the Punk Frogs) unsuitable for this comic. IDW TMNT can make anything work!

As for "Snakey McSnake", while I imagine most of the Pantheon won't have titles of nobility in their name like Rat King and Toad Baron, I can see one or two more in the mix. Who's up for Serpent Prince?! :D

Agreed.

I can't wait for the snake guy. Serpent Prince actually sounds pretty good. But I'd kinda hate for too many of the Pantheon to fall into a similar name logic. Unless there's a good story reason for it, as well as a good explanation as to why Chi-You and Kitsune and Aka all ignore it.

ChosenOne
01-17-2017, 02:39 PM
We already know of at least seven members of the Pantheon (Kitsune, Rat King, Chi-You, Aka, Toad Baron, the snake and the cephalopod). If their numbers do go up to twelve like many of us suspect, and would be particularly cool because it matches the number of zodiac signs, there's bound to be one more [insert animal] [insert title of nobility] in the mix. At the very least.

And I'm digging that naming scheme a whole lot. We were all familiar with the Rat King, but now this new guy, Toad Baron... I don't know, it gives off a huge Ars Goetia vibe and that's a crazy-awesome element to have in a TMNT story. He's already revitalized my interest in the whole Pantheon plot, and we've only seen a couple of covers and a solicitation so far! (I guess Kitsune by herself is just that boring...)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-17-2017, 02:47 PM
We already know of at least seven members of the Pantheon (Kitsune, Rat King, Chi-You, Aka, Toad Baron, the snake and the cephalopod). If their numbers do go up to twelve like many of us suspect, and would be particularly cool because it matches the number of zodiac signs, there's bound to be one more [insert animal] [insert title of nobility] in the mix. At the very least.

And I'm digging that naming scheme a whole lot. We were all familiar with the Rat King, but now this new guy, Toad Baron... I don't know, it gives off a huge Ars Goetia vibe and that's a crazy-awesome element to have in a TMNT story. He's already revitalized my interest in the whole Pantheon plot, and we've only seen a couple of covers and a solicitation so far! (I guess Kitsune by herself is just that boring...)

I completely agree it's cool, but I like things to have reasons other than "because cool." And I'm sure there is.

Yeah, Toad Baron has me extremely interested in the Pantheon again... which Kitsune hasn't been able to do for me. Kitsune is cool, but I'm still a little irked that her plan is being revealed so slowly. Resurrect Saki because... reasons? I dunno, we'll see. :tlol:

CyberCubed
01-17-2017, 03:27 PM
The Pantheon have been scheming from the sidelines for so long I'm still not quite sure what they're planning. We know they've existed all throughout human history and have altered the events of mortals, so it just seems like something that will continue to happen now that mutants and aliens have arrived on Earth.

Either way I expect them to remain on the sidelines for a while yet, since we know the issues in the 70's will be about Krang and space adventures.

DestronMirage22
01-17-2017, 05:26 PM
Alright!! I've always wanted a Alopex/Angel side story, and now we're gonna get it! =D
This Toad Baron seems pretty cool, I like his design. It's cool we'll get to see more of the Pantheon, hopefully we'll be more enlightened on Kitsune's plans.
Also: hedonistic? :lol:

MikeandRaph87
01-17-2017, 05:37 PM
The Pantheon have been scheming from the sidelines for so long I'm still not quite sure what they're planning. We know they've existed all throughout human history and have altered the events of mortals, so it just seems like something that will continue to happen now that mutants and aliens have arrived on Earth.

Either way I expect them to remain on the sidelines for a while yet, since we know the issues in the 70's will be about Krang and space adventures.

We don't know about issues #71 and #72 yet. #66-Alopex with Raphael and Angel in Alaska. #67-#70 TMNT and Mighty Mutanimals vs Bishop in his second attack. #71 ??? #72 ??? #73-#75 Trial of Krang #76- Baron Toad meets the TMNT?

CyberCubed
01-17-2017, 05:39 PM
If there's only a 2-parter gap its probably a smaller story. Depends what the outcome of the Bishop/Mutanimals arc is. Or maybe the two issues are set-up for the Krang arc where they just return to Burnow Island to help the Utroms.

Technogeek29
01-17-2017, 06:01 PM
What's interesting is thus far all the Pantheon members have been humanoid. The Toad Baron is the first full animal character to be part of them. If we ever see all the Pantheon members together (and I picture them all sitting at this huge long table together eventually), he's going to look quite strange next to the others.

I do expect there to be more animal looking Pantheon members though to balance it out.

The Pantheon members seem to have a humanoid form and a monstrous form, Aka hasn't shown anything but it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to assume she has one as well.

ProphetofGanja
01-17-2017, 06:28 PM
The Pantheon members seem to have a humanoid form and a monstrous form, Aka hasn't shown anything but it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to assume she has one as well.

Good point. I imagine at some point we'll see Rat King and Aka's bestial forms as well as Baron Toad and Snake Guy's human ones

Technogeek29
01-17-2017, 06:40 PM
Good point. I imagine at some point we'll see Rat King and Aka's bestial forms as well as Baron Toad and Snake Guy's human ones

If we want to count the Dragon he transformed into in C&A he has.

ProphetofGanja
01-17-2017, 06:58 PM
If we want to count the Dragon he transformed into in C&A he has.

Eh, I'm not counting that; I took that more as just visions being put into Casey's head.

Of course, I could go back and reread the C&A miniseries for clarification, but that would mean I would have to reread the C&A miniseries :lol:

CyberCubed
01-17-2017, 07:07 PM
Isn't Aka a bird? She gave April a feather and that's the impression I get.

ProphetofGanja
01-17-2017, 07:21 PM
Isn't Aka a bird? She gave April a feather and that's the impression I get.

Yeah, a red crane or some type of crane