PDA

View Full Version : Daredevil Meets the Turtles?

pferreira
01-19-2017, 07:54 AM
I just wondered would it be difficult for IDW to be allowed to get the rights to use Daredevil from Marvel for a one off story? Considering the history of where the Turtles came from it would be interesting to explore. I'm not asking for Marvel to hand over the rights of the character to IDW because that's totally impossible but just for one story legally would it be possible?

Andrew NDB
01-19-2017, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't want to see an IDW TMNT/Daredevil crossover simply because if that were to happen, it should have happened with Mirage TMNT, where there actually was a shared origin (there isn't, in the IDW origin). And Kevin fought to make one happen forever. An IDW TMNT crossover now many years later would just be more bitter than sweet, IMHO.

Plus you lose the visual red aesthetic. Rainbow Turtles and Daredevil just isn't the same as 4 red bandanned Turtles and Daredevil. Hell, you could even throw Elektra in there. Some shared history with the Foot and the Hand seems a no-brainer. It virtually writes itself.

Technogeek29
01-19-2017, 10:39 AM
Gotta agree with Andrew here.

Jester
01-19-2017, 10:39 AM
I agree with Andrew. It'd have to be Mirage, as the Daredevil tie is ONLY to those TMNT.

Andrew NDB
01-19-2017, 10:43 AM
And truthfully, assuming Marvel would be OK with the crossover, there really is nothing stopping IDW from utilizing the Mirage TMNT just for it. Hell, Kevin Eastman could even write it, or co-write it... I think he even told me he fleshed out some kind of treatment or outline for his proposed TMNT/Daredevil crossover, like 15, 16 years ago (Marvel just kept saying "No").

Powder
01-19-2017, 10:54 AM
I too share Andrew's feelings.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-19-2017, 10:57 AM
I'm with Andrew and the consensus, too. There's just no real connection or "spark" with IDW Turtles meeting Daredevil.

Now, IDW TMNT with X-Men? That'd still be great.

Andrew NDB
01-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Now, IDW TMNT with X-Men? That'd still be great.

I could see that.

PApagreg
01-19-2017, 11:07 AM
I don't know I could see IDW turtles working with Daredevil, its not like Daredevil himself isn't exposed to weird crap like the IDW world hell the dude crosses paths with Spiderman numerous of times and one of is enemies is Stilt Man

ProphetofGanja
01-19-2017, 11:12 AM
Agreed on all counts. It would be awesome for a new Mirage story with an official Daredevil crossover finally happening. Maybe Marvel will look at how successful the TMNT/Batman crossovers have been and want to get in on the action.

Andrew NDB
01-19-2017, 11:14 AM
Agreed on all counts. It would be awesome for a new Mirage story with an official Daredevil crossover finally happening. Maybe Marvel will look at how successful the TMNT/Batman crossovers have been and want to get in on the action.

On the other hand, and I kind of doubt it, but maybe IDW doesn't want to risk hurting their good relationship with DC by doing crossovers with Marvel.

eastlos217
01-19-2017, 11:41 AM
On the other hand, and I kind of doubt it, but maybe IDW doesn't want to risk hurting their good relationship with DC by doing crossovers with Marvel.

I agree....I don't think they want to mess up what they have been doing for several years with DC. especially right now with all the DC cross overs.

Jephael
01-19-2017, 03:03 PM
Gotta be honest, if they were to have the TMNT cross paths with Marvel, it'd most likely be with the more "well known" properties like Spider-Man, X-Men or even The Avengers. Sure with Daredevil you got the whole "shared origin" thing going, but to me it doesn't feel like enough of a reason for them to cross paths. Atleast having them meet with an ensemble cast each Turtle will be given somebody to bounce off of.

Andrew NDB
01-19-2017, 03:06 PM
Sure with Daredevil you got the whole "shared origin" thing going, but to me it doesn't feel like enough of a reason for them to cross paths.

But there's... not just that. They're all basically ninjas. Daredevil fights the Hand. The TMNT fight the Foot. There is easily more of a story there than the TMNT teaming up with Spider-Man to go fight Dr. Octopus and Baxter Stockman or something like that.

Jephael
01-19-2017, 03:09 PM
They're all basically ninjas. Daredevil fights the Hand. The TMNT fight the Foot. There is easily more of a story there than the TMNT teaming up with Spider-Man to go fight Dr. Octopus and Baxter Stockman or something like that.

True, but by that logic though you could argue that a cross-over with the X-Men would be just as appealing since they're all mutants.

ToTheNines
01-21-2017, 07:23 AM
https://braveandboldlost.blogspot.com/2016/04/daredevil-and-teenage-mutant-ninja.html?m=1

ProphetofGanja
01-21-2017, 08:03 AM
https://braveandboldlost.blogspot.com/2016/04/daredevil-and-teenage-mutant-ninja.html?m=1

Why they put that DC logo on the cover??

ToTheNines
01-21-2017, 08:16 AM
Super-Team Family was a DC book, and he almost always makes these as Marvel/DC crossovers. So with this being e of the few exceptions, he didn't bother with the template.

Jephael
01-21-2017, 11:11 AM
Pretty cool that he used artwork by Kevin Eastman, though part of me can't help but notice the use of the 4Kids logo. I feel like the old school Mirage logo would've been more fitting.

TomWaltz
01-25-2017, 07:02 PM
Oddly enough, this piece of art was the first I ever saw from my longtime creative partner (and good friend) Casey Maloney. It was way back in 2004 or '05. Pretty sure he'd won a contest on Digital Webbing with it, if I'm not mistaken. Still love it every time I look at it!

Talk soon,

Tom W.

Ninjinister
01-26-2017, 01:59 AM
Outside of other Disney-owned properties and vs. Capcom (which is because of its legacy, I'm sure), Marvel actually hasn't done a lot of crossovers in general as of late, that I'm aware of. Someone I talked to once who worked for both even suggested in a roundabout way that Marvel was who was preventing a new Marvel/DC or return to the Amalgam universe for several years.

LeotheLateBloomer
01-26-2017, 02:38 AM
But there's... not just that. They're all basically ninjas. Daredevil fights the Hand. The TMNT fight the Foot. There is easily more of a story there than the TMNT teaming up with Spider-Man to go fight Dr. Octopus and Baxter Stockman or something like that.

I agree. The Mirage Turtles and Daredevil having a similar origin makes it more interesting for them to relate. While I wouldn't mind a crossover with X-Men if they can't do one with Daredevil, keep the big name heroes like Spider-Man and the Avengers as far away from the turtles as possible. Also, as much as I love Batman, Daredevil is more relatable to TMNT.

Oddly enough, this piece of art was the first I ever saw from my longtime creative partner (and good friend) Casey Maloney. It was way back in 2004 or '05. Pretty sure he'd won a contest on Digital Webbing with it, if I'm not mistaken. Still love it every time I look at it!

Talk soon,

Tom W.

That looks awesome, Tom! Well done!

Pretty cool that he used artwork by Kevin Eastman, though part of me can't help but notice the use of the 4Kids logo. I feel like the old school Mirage logo would've been more fitting.

Tbh, it's no different than current merchandising of the OT with the Nick logo and vise versa.

Andrew NDB
01-26-2017, 10:22 AM
It might not make narrative sense, but how cool would it be to see a scene with, like, the Turtles, Matt Murdock, and Chet all around a table, remembering "that day" and just shooting the sh*t?

That pizza, tho...

http://www.facepalm.com/img3/nuclear-facepalm-13621_w.jpg

Andrew NDB
01-26-2017, 10:41 AM
I found this:

http://art.cafimg.com/images/Category_39833/subcat_83777/iI0Zb7YR_0602140655071.jpg

And this...

http://img12.deviantart.net/e914/i/a/b/8/tmnt_daredevil_elektra_parody.jpg

pferreira
01-26-2017, 11:39 AM
Plus you lose the visual red aesthetic. Rainbow Turtles and Daredevil just isn't the same as 4 red bandanned Turtles and Daredevil. Hell, you could even throw Elektra in there. Some shared history with the Foot and the Hand seems a no-brainer. It virtually writes itself.I agree. The story does write itself but I also agree now with what you said that the only people to do it are Mirage. The onyl way it could work under IDW (if they got the rights) is if Kevin Eastman did the story and the colourisation of the Turtles (bandanna colour, art style) was done like the Mirage comic. I mean they could even do it in b&w to make it look 1984 vintage but it's probably too long a shot. At this stage not any more impossible than Peter Laird finishing Volume 4. :)

https://braveandboldlost.blogspot.com/2016/04/daredevil-and-teenage-mutant-ninja.html?m=1[/url]Nice cover, almost had me fooled. :lol: