PDA

View Full Version : Origins of anthropomorphic non-mutant Earth-characters in the TMNT Adventures?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-20-2017, 02:31 PM
As the title says, what were the origins of anthropomorphic non-mutant Earth-characters in the TMNT Adventures and Mutanimals? I know this verion's Leatherhead was transformed magical by Cherubae (Mary Bones), Ninjara was part of the Fox people on some minor Japanese island and Chien Khan. But how about?

Al Falqa?
Charlie Lama and the Buddhist monkey-monks?
Kathmandu?

When it comes to the Mutanimals, I think I knew their origins (not all were mutants), but how did one of them transform into a bird?

Ninjinister
01-21-2017, 03:48 AM
I think some of them never had stated origins. They just... were.

Jagwar was the son of a human woman and a jaguar god
Dreadmon became a wolfman via talisman
Wingnut and Screwloose are aliens
(What bird Mutanimal are you referring to?)

Slash was also an alien, same with the Stump Wrestlers (Ace Duck, Cryin' Houn', etc)

The dragon spirit turned Chu Hsi into Warrior Dragon.

Snake Eyes was one of the Four Winds (like Jagwar's father)

01-21-2017, 03:51 AM

I guess her name was Azrael, and she was with the Mutanimals. I know some characters were extraterrestrials, that's why I named it Earth-characters.

Ninjinister
01-21-2017, 03:59 AM
I guess her name was Azrael, and she was with the Mutanimals. I know some characters were extraterrestrials, that's why I named it Earth-characters.

I missed that part. That's what I get for reading this board at 3 AM

Azrael was also one of the Four Winds.

01-21-2017, 04:05 AM
I think some of them never had stated origins. They just... were.

Jagwar was the son of a human woman and a jaguar god
Dreadmon became a wolfman via talisman
Wingnut and Screwloose are aliens

Slash was also an alien, same with the Stump Wrestlers (Ace Duck, Cryin' Houn', etc)

The dragon spirit turned Chu Hsi into Warrior Dragon.

Snake Eyes was one of the Four Winds (like Jagwar's father)

Snakeeyes was the same snake that tricked Eve into eating an apple in the Garden of Eden in the Old Testament, at least what he claimed.

http://tmntentity.blogspot.se/2011/03/mighty-mutanimals-2.html

Jephael
01-21-2017, 11:20 AM
Dreadmon was a human who got cursed by a magical totem that he stole and Jagwar was born via some weird mystical spirit mumbo jumbo that was never fully explained.

Ninjinister
01-21-2017, 11:40 AM
Snakeeyes was the same snake that tricked Eve into eating an apple in the Garden of Eden in the Old Testament, at least what he claimed.

I know. I wrote his entry for the Wiki :lol: But that doesn't explain why he became anthropomorphicized. I just chalk it up to something about being in the Four Winds.

01-28-2017, 03:04 PM
I know. I wrote his entry for the Wiki :lol: But that doesn't explain why he became anthropomorphicized. I just chalk it up to something about being in the Four Winds.

Mutagen maybe?

TigerClaw
01-28-2017, 04:05 PM
There is also a race of Wolf people, they appeared in that 4 part story "Moon Eyes Saga", but we don't know about there origin, they just showed up.

01-29-2017, 09:01 AM
There is also a race of Wolf people, they appeared in that 4 part story "Moon Eyes Saga", but we don't know about there origin, they just showed up.

Same with Ninjara's fox people (even if we know more about them).

oldmanwinters
01-30-2017, 11:53 AM
I'll confess I always assumed Dreadmon was born a wolfman. I guess it's been too long since I read his origin issue.
Are there any drawings of him pre-transformation?

I thought it was strange that he appeared to have some degree of super-speed in his debut issue but that aspect was rarely shown again in his subsequent appearances. Probably could have helped him dodge some bullets when the Gang of Four showed up!

01-30-2017, 12:39 PM
I'll confess I always assumed Dreadmon was born a wolfman. I guess it's been too long since I read his origin issue.

I thought it was strange that he appeared to have some degree of super-speed in his debut issue but that aspect was rarely shown again in his subsequent appearances. Probably could have helped him dodge some bullets when the Gang of Four showed up!

He seems to have been human from South Africa first, but no mutant, and instead transformed by a magic talisman.

Jephael
01-30-2017, 02:21 PM

Now that you mention it, I always wished they had spared atleast 1 of the Mutanimals, and he was definitely my favorite of the group. Would've been interesting if the curse that transformed him made him turn out to be immortal.

oldmanwinters
01-30-2017, 02:38 PM
Now that you mention it, I always wished they had spared atleast 1 of the Mutanimals, and he was definitely my favorite of the group. Would've been interesting if the curse that transformed him made him turn out to be immortal.

Undead Dreadmon? I like that idea! Even Lon Chaney's Wolfman learned that lesson the hard way after dying in his debut film and having to bear the curse into the Frankenstein sequel.

01-30-2017, 02:50 PM

But werewolves aren't immortal in folklore.