PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer Casey Jones hanging out with the turtles in almost every story?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-21-2017, 06:06 AM
Do you prefer Casey Jones hanging out with the turtles in almost every story, or just appear sometimes as in the 1987-1996 animated TV-series.

I prefer him in storylines with street criminals. When it comes to extraterrestrials attacking Earth, there's no major point of almost always using him.

neatoman
01-21-2017, 07:37 AM
It's actually feels weird to imagine Casey not being part of the main cast, so the fact that the Nickelodeon cartoon didn't introduce him until season 2 seemed kind of bizarre, and that he was barely in the FW cartoon is definitely bizarre.

Splinter the boss
01-21-2017, 07:44 AM
I like him around. who doesn't?

01-21-2017, 07:45 AM
I like him around. who doesn't?

But not for almost every story. The MWS series had him more as an ally the turtles would call when needing help, but not part of the family.

Jephael
01-21-2017, 12:03 PM
It really depends on how he's depicted. I thought 4Kids did a good job with his personality and storyarc, which IDW has adapted very well. The Nickelodeon cartoon on the other hand seems to have taken him into a far less mature direction.

Walkabout
01-25-2017, 04:22 AM
My "ultimate" TMNT universe is a mix of Mirage, Palladium RPG, original toys, OT and the first movie.

I like Casey as the #1 (combat) ally, but don't think he has to be with the turtles all the time, every time...like April.

Dork of 1987
01-25-2017, 11:49 AM
I like Casey as an unhinged and ultra-violent foil to the turtles like he was in the Mirage Raphael one shot.

02-11-2017, 06:37 AM
It really depends on how he's depicted. I thought 4Kids did a good job with his personality and storyarc

Yes, it did. But did he still need to hang out with the turtles in almost every episode from his introduction?