PDA

View Full Version : Mutanimals cartoon?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-21-2017, 05:14 AM
Knowing a Mutanimals cartoon was planned during the early-mid 1990's, I assume it would take place in the 1987-1996 animated TV-series.

How would it deal with the fact that some characters who were good guys in the Archieverse were bad guys in the TV-series? Convert them to later switch side like the turtles did to the Punk Frogs?

neatoman
01-21-2017, 07:13 AM
The production company wasn't Fred Wolf, so most likely it wouldn't have any direct connection to their cartoon. In all likelyhood anything about the Fred Wolf cartoon would have been ignored.

What's more interesting though is that another company would have been allowed to produce a cartoon based around TMNT characters, the only reason it fell through is that Playmates weren't willing to make a toyline featuring characters that were already part of a toyline. I imagine it's sort of like with the Pre-Disney Marvel cartoons, even though cartoons of Fantastic Four, X-Men and Iron Man were handled by different companies, that didn't prevent the Hulk from being in all of them.

How far could you potentially stretch it? Does this mean that as long it's not called TMNT and doesn't technically feature the TMNT, could you technically license the same few characters to different companies? For example, in additon to a TMNT show and a Mutanimals show running side by side despite different producers, could you also also have a Casey Jones cartoon and a Fugitoid cartoon added to that?

01-21-2017, 07:21 AM
Or maybe not have Leatherhead, Wingnut and Screwloose in the team, since they were bad guys. It's probably hard to have and market the Mutanimals without it being a TMNT spinoff.

neatoman
01-21-2017, 10:18 AM
Or maybe not have Leatherhead, Wingnut and Screwloose in the team, since they were bad guys. It's probably hard to have and market the Mutanimals without it being a TMNT spinoff.

But they were part of the pitch.
http://tmntentity.blogspot.se/2011/06/mighty-mutanimals-cartoon-that-almost.html

Jephael
01-21-2017, 11:13 AM
I could've sworn Fred Wolf Films were behind the conception for this series and it would've been a spin-off. Guess I wasn't paying attention...

01-28-2017, 02:59 PM
But they were part of the pitch.
http://tmntentity.blogspot.se/2011/06/mighty-mutanimals-cartoon-that-almost.html

Their vehicles looked cool.