PDA

View Full Version : TMNT #66 Preview & Discussion

ChosenOne
01-21-2017, 01:37 PM
Preview here (http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/exclusive-preview-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-66/1100-156340/).

MikeandRaph87
01-21-2017, 01:59 PM
This is what I was looking for! So Alopex was trying to create distance between herself and Kitsune. It seemed like she would know that Kitsune being an immortal Pantheon member she can appear in spirit form wherever she wills.

Also, a bit off topic, Rat King can seemingly appear in various places physically such as when he visited Kitsune or transported Leonardo and Splinter and appeared and disappeared. Is this teleportation ability exclusive to him? The reason I ask is Kitsune was on house arrest after Shredder's defeat and when she escaped she had to use a helicopter.

ChosenOne
01-21-2017, 02:17 PM
This is what I was looking for! So Alopex was trying to create distance between herself and Kitsune. It seemed like she would know that Kitsune being an immortal Pantheon member she can appear in spirit form wherever she wills.

Also, a bit off topic, Rat King can seemingly appear in various places physically such as when he visited Kitsune or transported Leonardo and Splinter and appeared and disappeared. Is this teleportation ability exclusive to him? The reason I ask is Kitsune was on house arrest after Shredder's defeat and when she escaped she had to use a helicopter.

It's possible that Rat King's ability is limited to teleportation into and out of "thin places", which would explain the events of #36. They never really left that spot in the sewers but went into a sort of pocket dimension. Whether Kitsune can do it or not, she would then have to find other means of travel in the world outside such spaces. Everything else can be accounted for with astral projection or similar tricks.

My own questions upon reading the preview are: who chipped in for that helicopter? The mission to find and retrieve Alopex was assigned by Splinter, but with the Turtles having defected the Foot, would Raph and Angel still agree to go through with that trip on the clan's (blood) dime? And how did they know where to start looking for Alopex? I mean, Alaska, not exactly a tiny state...

I dig the way that cave looks like the open jaws of an enormous polar bear. Nice touch!

CyberCubed
01-21-2017, 02:51 PM
Looks like a nice one-shot issue to tie up an old loose plot before we begin the Bishop/Mutanimals arc.

Alopex doesn't appear on any of the Bishop arc covers, does she? I'm not sure if she returns to New York so soon, until whenever that Toad Baron story in the Universe takes place.

Raptor86
01-23-2017, 04:29 AM
And how did they know where to start looking for Alopex? I mean, Alaska, not exactly a tiny state...

I didn't recall it, but in the tmnt wiki there's written that she was originally (as not mutated fox) from Fairbanks.
Maybe she talked with Angela about her birthplace, and they started looking for her there.

ToTheNines
01-23-2017, 05:43 AM
THOSE COLORS.

Sophie and Ronda work together so well.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-23-2017, 08:26 AM
Alopex has a tracking transponder in/on her person, courtesy of the Foot. This was revealed in #61.

Utrommaniac
01-25-2017, 06:14 AM
Well, I just read it.

Man, Sophie's art style with that digital watercolor? *Kisses fingers* Magnificent.

I pretty much expected this sort of ending, but I'm glad it did.

Her face mask changing from blue to purple was interesting, and I'd say that it marks a new life for her. The form Kitsune took when Alopex destroyed their link was interesting to say the least. Surprised she didn't notice the two foxes watching her when she noticed the color change. In fact, there were lots of changes to her mask, I've noticed. Even the pattern it took. When she encounters Kitsune, it's nearly completely gone.

Angel seems to still be in contact with Harold as well, which is nice.

I'm a little disappointed that Angel and Woody seem to have gotten together though.

And the last panel of the polar bear with cubs was pretty interesting; the AP English student in me wants to find some kind of significant interpretation of it.

Sophie Campbell
01-25-2017, 07:51 AM
Most of the watercolor isn't digital, I did it with actual watercolors! :D

Technogeek29
01-25-2017, 09:43 AM
Will have to wait until next week to read this sucker.

EDIT: Scratch that just downloaded the digital (I really got to remember to do that more often)
Ok IDW Raph I think you just went up on my list of version's of Raph I like. Usually he's always 4th below Leo with Don & Mike at the Top almost tied. But I think you just shot up to 3 keep it up and you'll be number 2 in no time.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-25-2017, 09:58 AM
Not gonna lie. As much as I enjoyed the issue, I still strongly dislike the Alopex/Raph pairing.

Maybe if Alopex wasn't always drawn so cute, I'd be more okay with it. But she used to be drawn as a genuine werewolf-type beast (e.g. "Secret History of the Foot Clan") and now she's just a cute widdle ball of fluff more often than not.

Regardless, I thought this issue was masterfully handled. The discussion between Raph and Angel was very well written, especially the "soap opera stuff." I LOVE Raph hanging out with Angel; really enjoyed seeing them stomp around together. They've got a great brother/sister dynamic that we haven't really gotten to see anywhere else in IDW.

Also, the banter is golden.

"Whatever, Donatello."
"Wait--Harold's got a wife? ... Is she human?"

Technogeek29
01-25-2017, 10:01 AM
Personal favorite is them bitchin' about the tracker until both eventually just get fed up, it's not over the top and is still in character.

ChosenOne
01-25-2017, 10:15 AM
Loved the issue, loved the art! To me, the final panel symbolizes how Alopex has now made peace with her past and her fear of the polar bear. She no longer views Alaska as the nightmarish "killing field" Kitsune called it, but rather as a place of life where bear cubs are born and natural order goes on.

Speaking of Kitsune, she's turned out to be a remarkably ineffective and inept villain. Seriously, her machinations are thwarted at every turn, going back to feudal Japan... There's no way her original plan, whatever it may be, is still the one she's pursuing. Not after so many setbacks. I can't wait to be able to look at this with some hindsight, even if it takes us years to get there, and figure out what she's actually trying to accomplish and how it went wrong, or right. As of now she just feels like a boring, one-trick pony whose influence everyone but Saki managed to shed.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-25-2017, 10:16 AM
Oh, I totally forgot! This was a great Raph-focused issue, which hasn't happened in a long time... and especially of note was the fact that:

Raph accessed the astral plane to communicate with Alopex. That was some cool stuff! I rank that right up there with Mikey remembering how to speak Japanese... cool character moments that we'd probably expect to be given to a different Turtle, like Leo.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-25-2017, 10:17 AM
Loved the issue, loved the art! To me, the final panel symbolizes how Alopex has now made peace with her past and her fear of the polar bear. She no longer views Alaska as the nightmarish "killing field" Kitsune called it, but rather as a place of life where bear cubs are born and natural order goes on.

Speaking of Kitsune, she's turned out to be a remarkably ineffective and inept villain. Seriously, her machinations are thwarted at every turn, going back to feudal Japan... There's no way her original plan, whatever it may be, is still the one she's pursuing. Not after so many setbacks. I can't wait to be able to look at this with some hindsight, even if it takes us years to get there, and figure out what she's actually trying to accomplish and how it went wrong, or right. As of now she just feels like a boring, one-trick pony whose influence everyone but Saki managed to shed.

Yeah...

But Sophie draws a KILLER Kitsune. She really felt menacing. Honestly, I think I most easily buy Kitsune as a threat whenever she's with Alopex. She's been playing with Alopex's mind for YEARS, and it's always been well done.

ChosenOne
01-25-2017, 10:32 AM
That fox face thing Kitsune pulls in particular is pretty freaky. Makes her look like some kind of werebeast... Anyone who's ever had a dog growl and bare its teeth at them can relate to how intimidating she looks that way. It just doesn't feel right to see a face like that on a person, which is why it works so well.

Kingoji
01-25-2017, 10:47 AM
Beautifully rendered issue, this one.

SwiftNinjaFox
01-25-2017, 11:18 AM
Not gonna lie. As much as I enjoyed the issue, I still strongly dislike the Alopex/Raph pairing.

I'm never going to stop thinking it should have been Leo/Alopex paired together as a clan brother/sister dynamic, giving Leo someone outside the family to do things with, after they were both controlled by Shredder and Leo protected her from Raph on the farm.

Plus we've seen a lighter side to Alopex's personality that would make a nice contrast to oh so srs Leo.

Raph's always been pals with Casey and if he and Angel are making a good bro/sis dynamic, I'll further stand by my position on the above, even if I'm in the minority.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-25-2017, 11:26 AM
I'm never going to stop thinking it should have been Leo/Alopex paired together as a clan brother/sister dynamic, giving Leo someone outside the family to do things with, after they were both controlled by Shredder and Leo protected her from Raph on the farm.

Plus we've seen a lighter side to Alopex's personality that would make a nice contrast to oh so srs Leo.

Raph's always been pals with Casey and if he and Angel are making a good bro/sis dynamic, I'll further stand by my position on the above, even if I'm in the minority.

Agreed. Leo and Alopex would make a fantastic team, just like they did in #51-52.

neatoman
01-25-2017, 11:57 AM
So about Alopex's new blue markings, it made me wonder what was up with the old purple markings? They vanished when she splashed water on her face, so I assumed then that were painted on, but then she gets the blue markings from defeating Kitsune in the spirit realm, meaning it can't simply be paint.

So what are the marking if they can be washed off with water but also reappear through non-physical means?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-25-2017, 11:57 AM
So about Alopex's new blue markings, it made me wonder what was up with the old purple markings? They vanished when she splashed water on her face, so I assumed then that were painted on, but then she gets the blue markings from defeating Kitsune in the spirit realm, meaning it can't simply be paint.

So what are the marking if they can be washed off with water but also reappear through non-physical means?

I think it might just be ice. That's what I assumed... frost or something. I dunno.

EDITED:

The purple markings were paint and the blue are an astral marking.

CyberCubed
01-25-2017, 01:13 PM
Really loved the art, its perfect for these Kitsune or Pantheon type issues too.

Raphael/Alopex pairing shouldn't be anything too new for those of us who read the Archie series. It's basically Raphael/Ninjara again just with an arctic fox instead of a brown one. Alopex has always seemed like a not-Ninjara type character from the start, just with a different backstory since Ninjara was from a race of actual fox people rather than a mutant.

Also of note the Turtles still talk to Splinter, which is nice and should have been obvious. No way were they going to sever all ties with him, as we've seen by the Foot giving them the helicopter. Splinter still loves his owns.

As for the Angel/Woody pairing....kill it with fire. :evilgrin:

SwiftNinjaFox
01-25-2017, 01:20 PM
Raphael/Alopex pairing shouldn't be anything too new for those of us who read the Archie series. It's basically Raphael/Ninjara again just with an arctic fox instead of a brown one. Alopex has always seemed like a not-Ninjara type character from the start, just with a different backstory since Ninjara was from a race of actual fox people rather than a mutant.

I think that makes it worse for some. It's a retread of the same ol' thing where there was a chance to do something different there.

DestronMirage22
01-25-2017, 01:22 PM
Will have to wait until next week to read this sucker

Me too. I'm broke. :tcry:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-25-2017, 01:30 PM
Really loved the art, its perfect for these Kitsune or Pantheon type issues too.

Also of note the Turtles still talk to Splinter, which is nice and should have been obvious. No way were they going to sever all ties with him, as we've seen by the Foot giving them the helicopter. Splinter still loves his owns.

As for the Angel/Woody pairing....kill it with fire. :evilgrin:

I HATED Ninjara. Loathe that character. Why do you think I dislike the Alopex/Raph thing so much? :tlol:

SwiftNinjaFox
01-25-2017, 01:38 PM
I HATED Ninjara. Loathe that character. Why do you think I dislike the Alopex/Raph thing so much? :tlol:

I wasn't reading the comics at the time, but liked her character design with the armor and such when I saw a pic of her..... then I was confused when I read she's a fox.

Foxes don't have poofy striped tails, WHAT MANNER OF SORCERY IS THIS?!

ChosenOne
01-25-2017, 02:05 PM
I wasn't reading the comics at the time, but liked her character design with the armor and such when I saw a pic of her..... then I was confused when I read she's a fox.

Foxes don't have poofy striped tails, WHAT MANNER OF SORCERY IS THIS?!

Google wasn't particularly helpful as it returns both types of images, but I distinctly remember Ninjara having a solid-colored tail in her first few appearances. Maybe with a black tip, but then again, most canines have that. I can't even tell if the ring-tailed images on Google are fanart or official, most of the comic panels from scans and whatnot show her with a solid-colored tail or no tail visible at all due to positioning. Huh... Now I'm confused too. :-?

CyberCubed
01-25-2017, 03:15 PM
Heh, even the last Ninjara story in Archie had to do with the Turtles taking a trip to Alaska and Ninjara finding a fox tribe living there.

TigerClaw
01-25-2017, 04:46 PM
Heh, even the last Ninjara story in Archie had to do with the Turtles taking a trip to Alaska and Ninjara finding a fox tribe living there.
You mean a Wolf tribe, cause that's when Ninjara and the Turtles went to Alaska and they met Mokoshan, Ninjara and Raph break up there relationship so that she can be with Mokoshan.
http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mokoshan

ChosenOne
01-25-2017, 05:04 PM
The fox-people tribe was in Japan, as opposed to the wolf-people tribe in Alaska. Which was ripe for exploration, really, when one wonders if there might've been any other tribes of animal-folk scattered around the globe, living in secrecy...

TigerClaw
01-25-2017, 05:23 PM
The fox-people tribe was in Japan, as opposed to the wolf-people tribe in Alaska. Which was ripe for exploration, really, when one wonders if there might've been any other tribes of animal-folk scattered around the globe, living in secrecy...
And they aren't mutants, so it makes you wonder how they evolved.

Kingoji
01-25-2017, 06:33 PM
Google wasn't particularly helpful as it returns both types of images, but I distinctly remember Ninjara having a solid-colored tail in her first few appearances. Maybe with a black tip, but then again, most canines have that. I can't even tell if the ring-tailed images on Google are fanart or official, most of the comic panels from scans and whatnot show her with a solid-colored tail or no tail visible at all due to positioning. Huh... Now I'm confused too. :-?

Not all foxes have paler fur on the tips of their tails... or even on their bodies at all for that matter. The way Ninjara was drawn for TMNTA seems to be based on darker-furred foxes in general, and I don't think that it was intended to look like a ringtail so much as to make the tail look darker and rougher than the rest of her. Like on this here pup:

http://www.nhptv.org/natureworks/graphics/redfox3sm.jpg

EDIT: Prompted by this discussion to do a google image search for 'TMNT Ninjara', pleased to see one of mine comes up as one of the earliest results.

myconius
01-26-2017, 08:40 AM
the casual dialog between Raph and Angel is just some of what makes this series one of the best out there!

i really enjoyed that Angel brought up Raph borrowing the helicopter from Splinter.
not only does it address the plot issue, but it shows there's still some connection between father and sons. even if they are just "barely speaking", there is still some contact.

what i found really cool was that Raph actually achieved Astral projection.
it was pretty awesome to show that behind the scenes the brothers do share tips and advice to one another. even though it'd be nice to actually see some of these moments as they unfold.
i wonder how long Leonardo has be practicing in projection?
would his meditation and communicating with the spirit of his mother count?

what Raph did spiritually seeking out Alopex reminded me a bit of when Leo had done it while searching for Donatello in the Image Comics Tmnt.

it'll be cool if we see this concept further explored.

Sophie's art was gorgeous!!!
i love how she leaves some areas still just in pencil to get that softer texture! :D

myconius
01-26-2017, 08:51 AM

but Raph needs more love! :lol:
Leo's perfectly confident being able to stand on his own. :D

i do think Leo and Alopex still do share a bond as warriors as well as former pawns fro shredder, and now both having overcome Kitsune's mind control.
even though Raph and Alopex share the bond they have, i don't think it would diminish the bond Leo and Alopex share as warriors.

but in a way, i'm really glad not to see Leo in 'shipping' situation.
save that 'loverboy' routine for Raph. :lol:

DestronMirage22
01-26-2017, 03:30 PM
So, between yesterday and today I was able to scape up the extra cash for this issue.
I'm glad I did so soon, it was a great issue. Fantastic art (as always) from Sophie, and I'm glad that the whole Kitsune thing with Alopex seems to be resolved.
Oh, and I also had another letter published! =D

MikeandRaph87
01-26-2017, 05:04 PM
I always took the Raphael/Alopex romance thing as a fan-fiction bit that does not add up in the comic. It seemed inspired due to his inter-species romance with Ninja from Archie's TMNT Adventures. Yet,we get a confession of romantic feelings from Raphael. I just thought it was good friends of the opposite sex.

CyberCubed
01-26-2017, 05:28 PM
I always took the Raphael/Alopex romance thing as a fan-fiction bit that does not add up in the comic. It seemed inspired due to his inter-species romance with Ninja from Archie's TMNT Adventures. Yet,we get a confession of romantic feelings from Raphael. I just thought it was good friends of the opposite sex.

There were plenty of hints of them liking each other dating back to the Northampton arc, and in several issues after.

DrSpengler
01-29-2017, 01:30 PM
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT #66 at TMNT Entity. (http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2017/01/tmnt-idw-66.html)

...Look, I'm not going to like every issue, okay? It's just not gonna happen.

I will say that I dug Campbell's art; it was a gorgeous-looking issue. But the story was IDW on autopilot and I couldn't get excited about it.

myconius
01-29-2017, 03:37 PM
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT #66 at TMNT Entity. (http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2017/01/tmnt-idw-66.html)

...Look, I'm not going to like every issue, okay? It's just not gonna happen.

I will say that I dug Campbell's art; it was a gorgeous-looking issue. But the story was IDW on autopilot and I couldn't get excited about it.

"Oh no, Pigeon Pete has gone missing! Better start a story arc about getting him back!"

i have to admit, you really do have a point there. :lol:

ChosenOne
01-29-2017, 03:46 PM
"Oh no, Pigeon Pete has gone missing! Better start a story arc about getting him back!"

I might be missing the whole point of the joke, but wasn't that sorta the inciting incident of the Mutanimals mini? On the other end of the spectrum we have the Nick cartoon, where Pete went missing with barely an explanation offered and no follow-up whatsoever.

MikeandRaph87
01-29-2017, 03:58 PM
I might be missing the whole point of the joke, but wasn't that sorta the inciting incident of the Mutanimals mini? On the other end of the spectrum we have the Nick cartoon, where Pete went missing with barely an explanation offered and no follow-up whatsoever.

It was in the Nicktoon. Pete was not in the lineup in the season 3 finale and the only explanation was, "we don't talk about what happened to Pigeon Pete" and kept going.

I have to agree largely with what Spengler said. Well written!

myconius
01-29-2017, 05:33 PM

it's not so much about Pigeon Pete, but what i think Mark was saying in his review was that the routine of 'Characters (going missing/becoming estranged/near death) and needed to be (rescued/brought back/etc) is getting a bit overused.

ChosenOne
01-29-2017, 06:20 PM
it's not so much about Pigeon Pete, but what i think Mark was saying in his review was that the routine of 'Characters (going missing/becoming estranged/near death) and needed to be (rescued/brought back/etc) is getting a bit overused.

I got that, but what I pointed out is that while he's being ironic in the review and probably didn't make the Pete remark intentionally, the Mutanimals mini started out with that exact premise. I hope his remark was unintentional 'cause it's funnier that way: that particular scenario has already happened.

oldmanwinters
01-29-2017, 06:45 PM

Haha, Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog comics have been rehashing this theme for the last few years in the Sonic Universe line. Let's see... there was the time the Chaotix went to find Mighty & Ray... and the time the Chaotix went to find the missing princess from the underwater kingdom...

MikeandRaph87
01-29-2017, 06:57 PM
Let's list the times it happened in this comic series.

Recently we had Harold used as bait against his will vs The Street Phantoms and Darius Dunn.

Raphael and Angel brought Alopex back.

TMNT and Old Hob break free the Mutanimals in the upcoming TMNT ongoing arc.

DrSpengler
01-29-2017, 07:11 PM
I got that, but what I pointed out is that while he's being ironic in the review and probably didn't make the Pete remark intentionally, the Mutanimals mini started out with that exact premise. I hope his remark was unintentional 'cause it's funnier that way: that particular scenario has already happened.

You're right, of course; I HAD forgotten that Pigeon Pete already took his turn being captured and rescued.

Okay, well, maybe... Kid Kennedy! Yeah, HE hasn't gotten estranged from the cast and forced a storyline requiring his reunion with the gang! Can't wait for that thrilling chapter.

Mormegil
01-29-2017, 08:14 PM
That regular cover is really good. Both of the Sophie Campbell ones are good. But that regular one is awesome.

ToTheNines
01-29-2017, 09:13 PM
That regular cover is really good. Both of the Sophie Campbell ones are good. But that regular one is awesome.

You just made me realize how weird the Eastman cover is. I expected the story to cut to Leo in NYC at some point, but it never did. The Sub covers have been content-relevant for a long time now. And looking at solicits, it looks like they'll get back to it. Interesting.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
01-29-2017, 10:00 PM
I was looking forward to this issue and I really enjoyed it! If you interested in share my thoughts and what I took away from this issue on my YouTube channel!
https://youtu.be/rXdz26H_o3A

myconius
01-30-2017, 10:43 AM
You just made me realize how weird the Eastman cover is. I expected the story to cut to Leo in NYC at some point, but it never did. The Sub covers have been content-relevant for a long time now. And looking at solicits, it looks like they'll get back to it. Interesting.

you bring up a very good point about the Eastman cover and it following the narrative to the story.
yeah, so far they've almost mirrored the events to each issue almost exact with just a few times where we'd see regular Donatello opposed to Robo-Donnie.

after reading the issue i had taken the scene from this cover as having to do with Leonardo's training of the other Turtles in Astral Projection.

https://rzzy0b736k-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/TMNT66_cvrRI.jpg

...though maybe i'm just reading into it too much?

it's still an absolutely beautiful cover regardless.

SwiftNinjaFox
01-30-2017, 02:58 PM
but in a way, i'm really glad not to see Leo in 'shipping' situation.
save that 'loverboy' routine for Raph. :lol:

In this regard, I'd further have preferred a Leo & Alopex as siblings-in-arms pairing just because you could KEEP it that way and let the fans suck it up that their shipping head canon doesn't happen.

Plus the inevitable fall out of each being a chosen pawn of opposite puppet masters.

Instead, we go all in and canonize the shipping. Meh.

I'll admit, there's the added selfishness that I feel Leo tends to get stuck in the back as mostly used for team stories while the others get development with allies and friends outside the family. Leo's always been a favorite... would like to see him get some time to stretch his legs outside of "lead the team."

Raph's linked to Casey, now Alopex, and through Alopex moreso with Angel now.

Don's linked closer with April and Harold.

Mikey's linked with the Mutanimals and Woody (surprised his police officer friend from his one shot hasn't come up again).

Leo? Splinter. The brothers. Temporary step out while leading the Foot under Splinter. The guy doesn't have friends. :/

Utrommaniac
01-30-2017, 03:02 PM
I guess Jennika could be a contender as a friend for Leo?

Sophie Campbell
01-30-2017, 03:16 PM
I think a lot about the lack of Leo friends, too. On one hand, to me it's perfectly in-character for Leo not to have anyone, but on the other hand it starts to feel weird the more and more friends the other Turtles make.

Personally ever since Northampton I've wanted Leo and Koya to have a rocky friendship rivalry, and if I remember right originally Turtles in Time #1 was the "Leo issue" and he would've ended up with Pepperoni, not Raph! Poor guy. :tlol:

I should pitch a TMNTU story where Leo meets a new friend...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-30-2017, 03:20 PM
I think a lot about the lack of Leo friends, too. On one hand, to me it's perfectly in-character for Leo not to have anyone, but on the other hand it starts to feel weird the more and more friends the other Turtles make.

Personally ever since Northampton I've wanted Leo and Koya to have a rocky friendship rivalry, and if I remember right originally Turtles in Time #1 was the "Leo issue" and he would've ended up with Pepperoni, not Raph! Poor guy. :tlol:

Please do! Or a Leo/Alopex story, or a Leo/Jennika story, or a Leo/new pal story, or a Leo leading a training run for the Foot story... something. :tgrin:

Utrommaniac
01-30-2017, 03:26 PM
Oh man, I would be totally down with Leonardo making friends with Koya :D (and maybe even Bludgeon. Maybe even Karai as per "tradition").

neatoman
01-30-2017, 03:35 PM

I would suggest Traximus.

ChosenOne
01-30-2017, 04:21 PM

Dare I suggest a certain samurai rabbit, should the rights issues for a crossover be worked out? 8)

MikeandRaph87
01-30-2017, 05:34 PM
I would suggest Traximus.

I would be interested in seeing what would come from that.

ToTheNines
01-30-2017, 06:44 PM

Write and pencil the Usagi crossover!

ChosenOne
01-30-2017, 07:09 PM

Yes! At this point, it has to be either Sophie or Mateus if it ever happens. No one else will do.

ToTheNines
01-30-2017, 07:14 PM
I couldn't say no to Sakai. But yes, barring that, I wholeheartedly agree.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-30-2017, 07:19 PM

I couldn't say no to Sakai. But yes, barring that, I wholeheartedly agree.

Yes, I'm all for open new ideas and characters, but we DO need an eventual TMNT/Usagi crossover in IDW.

Sophie Campbell
01-30-2017, 08:40 PM
I'd kill to do a Leo/Usagi story, but only with Stan's blessing!!

CyberCubed
01-30-2017, 09:26 PM
Definitely, and I think it should be its own 5 issue mini and not part of Universe, similar to the Bebop/Rocksteady Destory Everything from last year and the new 5-parter of Dimension X coming out this summer.

A 5-issue TMNT/Usagi story promoted as a mini next summer would be ideal.

DestronMirage22
01-30-2017, 10:18 PM
Personally ever since Northampton I've wanted Leo and Koya to have a rocky friendship rivalry

:teek: That's a perfect idea! I would love to see how that would play out, see some interesting interactions between the two.
And if not Koya, a Leo/Karai friendship would be an awesome thing to see in IDW.

Mayhem
01-31-2017, 04:50 AM
Yes! At this point, it has to be either Sophie or Mateus if it ever happens. No one else will do.
Or Mike Dialynas... he did nail this Usagi/Leo (http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1297318) to a baseball and knocked it out the park...

2K3
01-31-2017, 06:07 AM
After reading the past 2 issues all I can say is...

Angel/ Woody FOR LIFE!!!!

Sophie Campbell
01-31-2017, 06:19 AM
:teek: That's a perfect idea! I would love to see how that would play out, see some interesting interactions between the two.
And if not Koya, a Leo/Karai friendship would be an awesome thing to see in IDW.

Maybe Karai and her gang could be like Leo's version of Mikey and the Mutanimals. I think him and Koya would be really interesting because he defeated her twice and chopped off her wings, he messed her up pretty bad and I wonder how he feels about it, and I always imagine Koya obsessed with him and pacing around getting ready for her next shot at him. Their next meeting could be huge for them both.

Or Mike Dialynas... he did nail this Usagi/Leo (http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1297318) to a baseball and knocked it out the park...

Omg I'd never seen that!! So good. :o

Utrommaniac
01-31-2017, 06:32 AM
Ooof, I forgot Leo cut her wings...

But I can see Leo having that sort of relationship with them. Seems like all the turtles seem to have that. Having their own "friends", though with one "enemy" in the group.

Obviously Michelangelo has the Mutanimals (tensions with Hob, closest to Slash)
Leo would have Karai's group (tensions with Koya - and possibly Bludgeon, closest to Karai)
Donatello with the Utroms (Possibly tensions with Ch'rell at his throat, closest to Ma'riell...making the relationship triad complex since Ch'rell and Ma'riell are siblings)
Raphael has the Girl Group (Surprisingly no tensions, everybody's friends! Closest to Alopex)

myconius
01-31-2017, 06:42 AM

that ink wash he did is sick!!!

i just can't stop staring at it!!!

ChosenOne
01-31-2017, 12:06 PM

Oh, that's gorgeous! Dialynas for a third option it is!

Maybe Karai and her gang could be like Leo's version of Mikey and the Mutanimals. I think him and Koya would be really interesting because he defeated her twice and chopped off her wings, he messed her up pretty bad and I wonder how he feels about it, and I always imagine Koya obsessed with him and pacing around getting ready for her next shot at him. Their next meeting could be huge for them both.

Reminds me of the Goku/Vegeta rivalry, I'd dig that approach. A lot of food for thought (and for wishful thinking) in this thread. :)

SwiftNinjaFox
01-31-2017, 12:14 PM
Raphael has the Girl Group (Surprisingly no tensions, everybody's friends! Closest to Alopex)

Who would have thought Raph would be the one dropped in a harem anime group. :lol:

Also some interesting material there that one could play with regarding Leo.

He's typically considered the leader - somewhat inspiring, fairly diplomatic to others... yet he's typically a loner. Heck, people consider Raph the loner of the group, but despite that perception, the two tend to reverse these positions in action.

May be something interesting to dive into why. Does Leo keep people at arm's length on purpose? And how does bearing leadership alone without someone to truly confide in (Splinter can only be so much, as a son & student, there's a feeling of not wanting to disappoint or seem unable to meet expectations) weigh on him over time?

Of course, this may all be in the works since we're just now about to start seeing Leo lead without Splinter there to help and guide as much.

myconius
01-31-2017, 12:33 PM

and to think Raph used to be considered the loner of the group. :D

The Happy One
01-31-2017, 12:43 PM
I'd kill to do a Leo/Usagi story, but only with Stan's blessing!!

I would pay a whole lot of money to read that!

Desslok
02-07-2017, 09:46 AM
I really enjoyed this issue. With all of the things Alopex has been through in the series, this was a particularly satisfying moment of redemption for the character.

Fun dialogue and gorgeous artwork as well - one of my new favorites. :tthumbsu:

TigerClaw
02-15-2017, 04:52 PM
So this issue reveals that Raph has a thing for Alopex, He likes her cause he feels the same way she does, with the whole loneliness thing.

Technogeek29
02-15-2017, 06:09 PM
So this issue reveals that Raph has a thing for Alopex, He likes her cause he feels the same way she does, with the whole loneliness thing.

Glad you caught up bud join us in the discussions sometime?