PDA

View Full Version : Favourite TMNT future setting

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-21-2017, 03:57 PM
Many TMNT-versions have their own future timeline. Which is your favourite?

Jephael
01-21-2017, 04:00 PM
I love the setting of New New York in 4Kids, but at the same time I prefer Future Don and Raph from Archie comics over Cody and Serling.

Powder
01-21-2017, 04:09 PM
How you gonna ignore the future settings of Mirage? C'mon, man. IDW also had a future issue, though it was an alternate timeline in the way that SAINW was (& that too could go into the list).

Anyways, it's a hard one to call. I kinda like them all equally, I guess?

cloud
01-21-2017, 05:10 PM
I like the Mirage comic glimpse of the future the best. I think it was loosely adapted in the Same as it never was story arc in the 4kids 2k3 show.
There's only glimpse of the possible future where things are more dark and tragic. The turtles went their separate ways with no explanation while some turtles have some distinctive scars and injuries. It just felt like there was a strong story to be told there and we're so used to seeing all 4 of the turtles together, it's such a strong message when you see them no longer a team of 4.

01-22-2017, 05:32 AM
How you gonna ignore the future settings of Mirage? C'mon, man. IDW also had a future issue, though it was an alternate timeline in the way that SAINW was (& that too could go into the list).

Anyways, it's a hard one to call. I kinda like them all equally, I guess?

Didn't read them, but you can vote for "other". Same as it Never Was also go for "other".

Utrommaniac
01-22-2017, 06:03 AM
I'm saying "other" because I have multiples.

The Mirage future of the ocean level rise taking place was pretty interesting. Disaster as climate scientists predicted did occur, but life moved on and adjusted, then moved along, business as always. The turtles may have split apart and started leading their own lives. Sad as it is, that's okay. It happens in families sometimes.

There is a glaring problem with it, though. If the Utroms were so concerned about saving the human race...why did they focus on curing cancer instead of presenting humanity with the tools to save the planet as they knew it? Why did Earth become a tourist spot for alien life if it was in danger of flooding? Fix your priorities, fellas. Save the world first, THEN its people and invite visitors.

I also sort of liked the alternate future in Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything. The one where Krang succeeded in taking control of the Earth. Mostly because, within the bar, there are humans hanging around. Again, Earth is flooded with aliens, but humans live on and intermingle with alien life. Ironically, it seems the presence of the turtles likely have made matters worse for Earth. Had they and Saki not been a pressing threat, Krang might not have felt the need for utter annihilation. He seemed to have gone along with Plan A and succeeded without resorting to Genocide. Okay, maybe on Earth. Who knows what happened to Neutrino.

It doesn't seem to be total paradise, but any future where humanity has managed to cling on is fine by me. Especially right now with how things are going in reality...

ToTheNines
01-22-2017, 06:12 AM
I like the Mirage comic glimpse of the future the best. I think it was loosely adapted in the Same as it never was story arc in the 4kids 2k3 show.

Nah. They're unrelated.

Cryomancer
01-23-2017, 04:48 AM
Am I remembering things poorly or were there some similarities between Mirage and Archie's futures? They were both flooded at least?

Icebot
01-23-2017, 08:23 AM
Fast Forward is my favorite!

FredWolfLeonardo
01-23-2017, 11:30 AM
I liked "same as it never was" from 2k3 and sheredderville from FW

01-23-2017, 01:36 PM
I liked "same as it never was" from 2k3 and sheredderville from FW

Shredderville is just a dream, but more of Earth in an "alternate reality" than future.

Tetsu Deinonychus
01-25-2017, 11:57 AM
Am I remembering things poorly or were there some similarities between Mirage and Archie's futures? They were both flooded at least?
They were indeed both flooded by global warming, both had Raphael missing an eye, and both were largely defined by Stephen Murphy. There's a lot of overlap.

I have to say I liked the Archie future the best. It was the best defined and most interesting. Future Don and Raph were great, and "Dreamland" was a very cool story. The Mirage future (which really should have been an option) is a little too bleak and mysterious for my taste. And, I don't even remember "Once Upon a Time Machine", unless that's the one where Mike had a cooking show.

My second favourite would be "Fast Forward". I know it was the "shark jump" for the 4kids TMNT, but it was entertaining and I enjoyed watching it just fine (and I like the Cody/Starlee pairing).

Icebot
01-25-2017, 03:44 PM
And, I don't even remember "Once Upon a Time Machine", unless that's the one where Mike had a cooking show.

It is not. The cooking show happened in Splinter Vanishes.

01-25-2017, 04:36 PM
They were indeed both flooded by global warming, both had Raphael missing an eye, and both were largely defined by Stephen Murphy. There's a lot of overlap.

I have to say I liked the Archie future the best. It was the best defined and most interesting. Future Don and Raph were great, and "Dreamland" was a very cool story. The Mirage future (which really should have been an option) is a little too bleak and mysterious for my taste. And, I don't even remember "Once Upon a Time Machine", unless that's the one where Mike had a cooking show.

My second favourite would be "Fast Forward". I know it was the "shark jump" for the 4kids TMNT, but it was entertaining and I enjoyed watching it just fine (and I like the Cody/Starlee pairing).

"Once Upon a Time Machine" is the future of the 1987-1996 animated TV-series. It's one of the lighter futures, with crime reducing, new inventions and the Earth isn't flooded by global warming. Splinter isn't there, probably dead because of old age.

TigerClaw
01-25-2017, 04:45 PM
My favorite future setting is from Future Shark Trilogy, It showed us what the Turtles be like as mature adults, That was also followed by the Cyber Samurai Mutant Ninja Turtles story also set in the future.

01-30-2017, 08:43 AM
My favorite future setting is from Future Shark Trilogy, It showed us what the Turtles be like as mature adults, That was also followed by the Cyber Samurai Mutant Ninja Turtles story also set in the future.

I liked how we already saw it in late-"Integalactic Wrestling", Cudley by accident dropping the turtles of on Earth circa 100 years later, with greenhouse effect, pollution and flooaded coastal towns.