PDA

View Full Version : Happy 63rd birthday to Peter Laird!

THGhost
01-27-2017, 11:36 AM
http://i.giphy.com/26gspNKePF9kEp4kw.gif

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-27-2017, 11:38 AM
Happy Birthday, Petey!

So when does Volume 4 #33 come out? :trazz:

Andrew NDB
01-27-2017, 11:54 AM
Coming up on a year since he's even posted either a PAL Blog or a TMNT blog.

neatoman
01-27-2017, 12:16 PM
Happy birthday Pete!

Candy Kappa
01-27-2017, 12:18 PM
Happy birthday! :tparty:

Dork of 1987
01-27-2017, 12:58 PM
Happy birthday, Mr. Laird.

Chris
01-27-2017, 02:31 PM
Happy birthday Peter!

CyberCubed
01-27-2017, 02:37 PM
Happy birthday, Pete!

Here's hoping we get something TMNT related from you sometime in the future.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-29-2017, 02:11 PM
Happy birthday

THGhost
01-29-2017, 08:55 PM
So when does Volume 4 #33 come out? :trazz:

That series was never finished? Or do you just want more? I'm still on Volume 3. :P

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-29-2017, 09:12 PM
That series was never finished? Or do you just want more? I'm still on Volume 3. :P

Seriously, dude, are you not familiar with Mirage? :tlol: Volume 4, like 2 and 3 before it, ended before the stories ended. Though Volume 2 was officially "finished" with the last issue, the story was quite rushed at the end. Volume 3, of course, ended with premature cancellation.

And Volume 4 ended with, alas, Peter's fading attention and desire to write it. Languishing death.

Jephael
01-29-2017, 10:42 PM
I sure hope Mr. Laird is enjoying himself these days. His absence from the TMNT world has definitely effected many fans and we can only hold onto hope that someday he'll have the inspiration and/or desire needed to complete Mirage Volume 4. If it happens, it happens... if it doesn't, it doesn't.

01-30-2017, 08:45 AM
As a child, I only knew the names of Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, being on the cover of my Archie comics. Tried to look them up at encyclopedias for years, without any success...

Jephael
01-30-2017, 08:47 AM
As a child, I only knew the names of Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, being on the cover of my Archie comics. Tried to look them up at encyclopedias for years, without any success...

Well, that's what the internet is for these days.

01-30-2017, 08:50 AM
Well, that's what the internet is for these days.

Yes, but did you know more about them as a child?

Jephael
01-30-2017, 08:52 AM
did you know more about them as a child?

I didn't know jack squat about the original comics until I started surfing the web my senior year in high school, and it wasn't until a year later I actually bought an issue at a comic book store.

01-30-2017, 08:54 AM
I didn't know jack squat about the original comics until I started surfing the web my senior year in high school, and it wasn't until a year later I actually bought an issue at a comic book store.

I learnt as a child from an Archie page with letters from readers that TMNT began as a comic books in 1984. Always thought it was Archie back then...

THGhost
01-30-2017, 02:25 PM
Seriously, dude, are you not familiar with Mirage? :tlol: Volume 4, like 2 and 3 before it, ended before the stories ended. Though Volume 2 was officially "finished" with the last issue, the story was quite rushed at the end. Volume 3, of course, ended with premature cancellation.

And Volume 4 ended with, alas, Peter's fading attention and desire to write it. Languishing death.

Of course I am, volumes 1 & 2 anyway. How could I be completely familiar with something I haven't finished yet? :tlol:

Wasn't there a fan-made ending to volume 4?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-30-2017, 02:50 PM
Of course I am, volumes 1 & 2 anyway. How could I be completely familiar with something I haven't finished yet? :tlol:

Wasn't there a fan-made ending to volume 4?

No, not yet. Hopefully Andrew will do something in a few years.

What you're thinking of was the fan conclusion to Volume 3 (Image TMNT), which was damn good. (Thanks again, Andrew et al!)

Jephael
01-30-2017, 03:59 PM

What you're thinking of was the fan conclusion to Volume 3 (Image TMNT), which was damn good. (Thanks again, Andrew et al!)

Andrew has tried to work with Mirage in the past. If he were to offer his services again in helping Mr. Laird and company complete Volume 4, I could see it making for a great series finale if done right. However, Andrew's vision might not gel well with Peter's, especially considering Volume 3 was ultimately deemed non-canon despite any story contradictions.

THGhost
01-30-2017, 04:56 PM

That was it. Hopefully 4 will get an ending too, and hell, maybe even get printed (was 4 ever printed?) along with a reprint of 3? I hate reading comics digitally.

pferreira
02-02-2017, 08:41 AM
Happy Birthday Peter!

Andrew NDB
02-02-2017, 10:23 AM
Andrew has tried to work with Mirage in the past. If he were to offer his services again in helping Mr. Laird and company complete Volume 4

I suspect it'd be less me "helping" Lair complete it and more me just completing it (possibly with some "best guesses" or "gut feelings" from Lawson). I doubt he'd be keen on participating in any kind of Volume 4 conclusion (even notes or outlines) that is not entirely of his own volition and on his own time, whenever if and when that'd be... and if that ever came around and he was ready to do so, why would he even want or need me?

Not harping on him (he has every right), I just know that's the way it'd be.

That was it. Hopefully 4 will get an ending too, and hell, maybe even get printed (was 4 ever printed?)

Wait, what? What do you mean was 4 ever printed?

CyberCubed
02-02-2017, 11:20 AM
Fun fact: Peter was only around 47 years old or so when Volume 4 started in 2001. He's now 63. I guess that's the big difference in enthusiasm he had.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Fun fact: Peter was only around 47 years old or so when Volume 4 started in 2001. He's now 63. I guess that's the big difference in enthusiasm he had.

Fun fact: WE'LL be 63 before he ever wants to pen another issue. :trazz:

Jephael
02-02-2017, 11:42 AM

I was gonna poke fun at your obsession with the passing of time and how we all grow old, but you do make a solid point there. He's pretty much an old fuddy duddy now. Thing is though, I feel like another contributing factor may be the simple fact that his priorities have just shifted. He's got a wife and young daughter in his life and for most people family comes first.

CyberCubed
02-02-2017, 11:50 AM
He's got a wife and young daughter in his life and for most people family comes first.

His daughter is in her mid-20's and is in College and doesn't live with him, she's all grown up already. She was a kid in the 90's and early 2000's when he was still heavily working on the franchise.

I wouldn't call a 24-25 year old woman, a "young daughter."

Andrew NDB
02-02-2017, 11:52 AM
His daughter is in her mid-20's and is in College and doesn't live with him, she's all grown up already. She was a kid in the 90's and early 2000's when he was still heavily working on the franchise.

True. At that age you're not spending inordinate amounts of time with Dad (unless your name is Jephael).

Just going off of his blogs, more than anything it sounded like he greatly lamented not spending enough quality time with his wife during "the TMNT days."

Jephael
02-02-2017, 12:03 PM

That really depends on what kind of relationship they have with each other. Some fathers are more protective of their girls than others... sometimes to the point of being overbearing (just watch Steve Martin's performance in "Father of the Bride")

At that age you're not spending inordinate amounts of time with Dad (unless your name is Jephael).

I'd rather have a healthy Jonathan and Clark Kent type bond with my father than a dysfunctional Homer and Bart Simpson one.