PDA

View Full Version : We need Shinigami in IDW

martinitolove
01-27-2017, 03:03 PM
Cool character, would love to see what IDW would make out of her in their TMNT-world. What do you think, guys and gals?

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/8/82/Shinigami(tmntnick)_01.png/revision/latest?cb=20160824201253

CyberCubed
01-27-2017, 03:34 PM
Kitsune is too similar to her, I don't think we need her. We already have a Japanese woman with mystic/witch powers.

ToTheNines
01-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Eh, I dunno.

To me, her most (maybe only) interesting aspect is her loyalty/friendship with Karai. From what we know about IDW Karai, she was obsessed with The Foot Clan as a youth and worked tirelessly to restore it and resurrect Shredder. I feel like she's not close to anyone.

spookycookies
01-27-2017, 05:59 PM
She can go in the back of the line of characters that "need" to be in IDW.

Powder
01-27-2017, 06:08 PM
Not interested.

Sabacooza
01-27-2017, 06:45 PM
She's part of the Nick show. That's enough. Keep elements of the Nick show far, far away from the IDW series unless it's part of Amazing Adventures if they even continue with it after TMNT/Batman.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-27-2017, 08:03 PM
Not interested.

Kitsune is too similar to her, I don't think we need her. We already have a Japanese woman with mystic/witch powers.

Yup. If we're gonna bring in another non-original female character, I'd like to think Pimiko is ahead in the queue. :tgrin:

CyberCubed
01-27-2017, 08:05 PM
Eh, it's hard to imagine Pimiko either since this Shredder couldn't have possibly had a daughter that isn't long dead in feudal Japan.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
01-27-2017, 08:09 PM
Why couldn't he?

CyberCubed
01-27-2017, 08:11 PM
Why couldn't he?

What I mean is she'd be dead.

Utrommaniac
01-27-2017, 10:23 PM

My first thought seeing Shinigami was "Hmm, she seems a lot like Kitsune". So yeah, the Japanese Witch slot has been filled.

Eh, it's hard to imagine Pimiko either since this Shredder couldn't have possibly had a daughter that isn't long dead in feudal Japan.

She could be granddaughter. Since Saki had multiple sons, there probably is another family line they could come from. Making her and Karai (very) distant cousins. The chances of both of them coming into Ninjahood would be astronomical, but I wouldn't put down her getting dragged into it by Karai somehow or another.

2K3
01-28-2017, 09:11 AM
Of all the Nickelodeon-made characters, the only characters on it I can see being incorporated into IDW are:

Doctor Tyler Rockwell
Takeshi/ Tiger Claw
Newtralizer
Fungus Humungous

Ceres
01-28-2017, 09:52 AM
I have to agree with a poster before, leave out the nick characters out of IDW...

Besides, Shinigami hasnt that much of a personality to go with anyway and i wouldnt think of something they could include her in IDW

CyberCubed
01-28-2017, 11:16 AM
Of all the Nickelodeon-made characters, the only characters on it I can see being incorporated into IDW are:
]

I could easily see Snakeweed getting a one-shot story similar to Wyrm. Just having a mutant plant monster there is easy.

Also Fishface/Xever being one of the Purple Dragon's in Casey's group that gets mutated is easy too.

neatoman
01-28-2017, 11:52 AM
Cool character, would love to see what IDW would make out of her in their TMNT-world. What do you think, guys and gals?

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/8/82/Shinigami(tmntnick)_01.png/revision/latest?cb=20160824201253

I don't see why we would need her to be honest, seems like her role could easily be filled by someone else.

Mongoose Mike
02-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Groundchuck and Dirtbag first, please.

Rooish
02-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Shinigami is the freshest character in the Nick show in forever. Love her friendship with Karai too. However yeah, I think the book is a little busy with a few too many characters as it is.

Utrommaniac
02-08-2017, 09:30 PM
I could easily see Snakeweed getting a one-shot story similar to Wyrm. Just having a mutant plant monster there is easy.

I would LOVE a Snakeweed-type character in IDW. I don't know why, but it's probably out of my disappointment with how Snakeweed in the Nick show went.