PDA

View Full Version : How should the 20032009 animated TV-series continued post-season 4?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-27-2017, 04:49 PM
In general, most people agree that seasons 14 of the 20032009 animated TV-series were the best. After that, the opinions differ (Ninja Tribunal, Fast Forward, Back to the Sewer). So how should the producers instead allowed changes, but keep making the series interesting?

TMNachoT
01-27-2017, 05:30 PM
In general, most people agree that seasons 14 of the 20032009 animated TV-series were the best. After that, the opinions differ (Ninja Tribunal, Fast Forward, Back to the Sewer). So how should the producers instead allowed changes, but keep making the series interesting?

Maybe more stores with Mirage characters that were not seen in the cartoon and some episodes based on mirage issues, and of course, some mor eoriginal characters and plots

01-28-2017, 03:25 AM
I thought they should do a more ordinary mission to Japan.

ToTheNines
01-28-2017, 04:45 AM
So the whole plot of the Mystics freeing themselves, and then the introduction of the Tribunal in the season 4 finale were all great, but they completely bungled the whole thing once season 5 started.

First mistake was the 4 human acolytes, or at least the fact that they didn't stay dead. Boring waste of screen time. There was already an abundance of characters, and some episodes had a few of the turtles only having 2 or 3 lines.

Then all the inconsistencies and continuity errors that they overlooked. Splinter knew about Utrom Shredder the whole time, Demon Shredder looked and talked exactly like Utrom Shredder even though he was entombed thousands of years before Mortu and Ch'rell got to Earth, and for some reason they had Yoshi kill Demon Shredder, even though they never met.

And dragon turtles. Get rid of all that crap and the dragon turtles and it wouldn't have been half bad.

FF was fine, they just wrote a handful of awful episodes. BttS would have been better off without the "cyber" gimmick

01-28-2017, 07:47 AM
So the whole plot of the Mystics freeing themselves, and then the introduction of the Tribunal in the season 4 finale were all great, but they completely bungled the whole thing once season 5 started.

First mistake was the 4 human acolytes, or at least the fact that they didn't stay dead. Boring waste of screen time. There was already an abundance of characters, and some episodes had a few of the turtles only having 2 or 3 lines.

Then all the inconsistencies and continuity errors that they overlooked. Splinter knew about Utrom Shredder the whole time, Demon Shredder looked and talked exactly like Utrom Shredder even though he was entombed thousands of years before Mortu, and for some reason they had Yoshi kill Demon Shredder, even though they never met.

And dragon turtles. Get rid of all that crap and the dragon turtles and it wouldn't have been half bad.

FF was fine, they just wrote a handful of awful episodes. BttS would have been better off without the "cyber" gimmick

I at least liked the series ending with a April O'Neil-Casey Jones wedding.

ToTheNines
01-28-2017, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I'm glad BttS happened. We definitely needed a season "back home" after the future stuff.

01-28-2017, 07:51 AM
Maybe there should've been a season with international travels across the Earth?

Powder
01-28-2017, 04:07 PM
I don't care for BTTS but everything else was great. I don't think they should've done stuff differently except perhaps in that last season.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-28-2017, 04:47 PM
There was no need for a Cyber Shredder in BttS, or really a cyber anything.
They should have had BttS just be more down-to-earth and not as fantastical as FF or ninja tribunal, just to wind things down. Taking down gangs or crooks like they used to in the early, early episodes. Maybe a splash of the Foot Clan every now and then.

neatoman
01-28-2017, 04:51 PM
A less over the top version of the season 5 story than what we got, after that, maybe adapt a few stories they didn't get around to? The second run of Tales was on, what? 20-30 issues by the time Fast Forward aired? Seems like they would have made for some decent filler episodes while working out the kinks on how to proceed after the whole Demon Shredder biz, just experiment a little with what they missed and go from there.

But if they had to go ahead with Fast Forward, they shouldn't have rushed it the way they did and certainly not follow it up with another rushed season that barely continued anything. I mean seriously, Serling and kinda sorta Viral? That's all they chose to continue with? At least have an episode where they go back to take down Darius, it would at least have been better to give the main plotline from Fast Forward a quick resolution than to have an episode dedicated to a WoW parody or a jab at the Green Lantern.

CyberCubed
01-28-2017, 04:55 PM
The thing is they ran out of Mirage stories to adapt anyway. Volume 2 was already adapted via Bishop and we had cyborg Baxter all throughout the series.

Everything else was either guest stories from Volume 1 which would have never made it into the show anyway, and most of the Tales stories are just one-shots. All they had to adapt was Volume 4, and I don't think anyone had a burning desire to see those stories in animation.

For the most part 2k3 ran out of material, hence the rebranding in the last two seasons anyway.

ToTheNines
01-28-2017, 05:29 PM
The thing is they ran out of Mirage stories to adapt anyway. Volume 2 was already adapted via Bishop and we had cyborg Baxter all throughout the series.

Everything else was either guest stories from Volume 1 which would have never made it into the show anyway, and most of the Tales stories are just one-shots. All they had to adapt was Volume 4, and I don't think anyone had a burning desire to see those stories in animation.

For the most part 2k3 ran out of material, hence the rebranding in the last two seasons anyway.

Very good point. There were a few random Volume One stories they didn't do, plus CC and Radical (and all of Tales Volume 2), but certainly nothing to base an entire season arc around.

There was the Image run... but you'd never see Volume Three retold while Laird had any say.

Redeemer
01-28-2017, 06:24 PM
They should have done a true "City at War" arc last half a season at least or a whole season. They barely even touched city at war and could have easily revisited it after Shredder/ch'll was exiled/imprisoned

They also could have done a season surrounding bishop and Mutants that he finally creates, maybe could have brought in some OT mutants.

They could have also done a battle nexus arc that revolved around Team Battles instead of individual battle.

Also instead of Fast Forward they could have done a season where the "Same as it Never was" is the actual future and the turtles have to fight in the future or fight in the present to prevent it.

There is a lot of things they could have, but I think the writers got burned out.

ToTheNines
01-28-2017, 06:35 PM
They should have done a true "City at War" arc last half a season at least or a whole season. They barely even touched city at war and could have easily revisited it after Shredder/ch'll was exiled/imprisoned

They lost the privilege to do City at War with their first dumpster fire.

They also could have done a season surrounding bishop and Mutants that he finally creates, maybe could have brought in some OT mutants.

More Bishop is cool. But after FF, we knew he was gonna go legit eventually.

Peter would never allow FW mutants.

They could have also done a battle nexus arc that revolved around Team Battles instead of individual battle.

Eh, one tournament arc was enough.

Also instead of Fast Forward they could have done a season where the "Same as it Never was" is the actual future and the turtles have to fight in the future or fight in the present to prevent it.

Yes! Some actual stakes in the future would have been nice.

FredWolfLeonardo
01-28-2017, 06:48 PM
I didn't mind Fast Forward at all, Id only want Btts to be replaced by something else. I liked the concept of season 5 and enjoyed the actual season but would've preferred it was executed differently. Seasons 1-4 I don't have a problem with, I thought they were all great.

Redeemer
01-28-2017, 11:46 PM
They lost the privilege to do City at War with their first dumpster fire.

More Bishop is cool. But after FF, we knew he was gonna go legit eventually.

Peter would never allow FW mutants.

Eh, one tournament arc was enough.

Yes! Some actual stakes in the future would have been nice.

Let me clarify, I was talking about replacing Fast Forward and Btts with one of the above mentioned ideas. So Bishop would never be a good guy, but I doubt if Peter Laird would go for a OT mutant army of sorts.

As for the tournament arc I just love battle nexus.

CyberCubed
01-29-2017, 01:32 AM
We already had a whole Bishop/mutants arc. And as said we'd never get the original cartoon mutants anyway, you had to wait till PL was out of the picture which is why IDW and Nick use them.

The Battle Nexus already got several follow-up episodes with Michelangelo defending his title, and then the Ultimate Draco arc tying into it. Another entire tournament on top of that would have been overkill. I mean these all sound like redundant ideas.

As for City at War, the whole series was filled with Foot Soldier fights anyway. It isn't much different than what we got in Seasons 3-5 regardless. The whole Mystic Foot versus Karai's Foot in Season 5 was basically that too.

01-29-2017, 09:05 AM
Maybe the turtles should go in separate ways around the Earth for longer times?

CyberCubed
01-29-2017, 12:42 PM
Maybe the turtles should go in separate ways around the Earth for longer times?

Which would be kinda redundant. We've seen them all separated before and spending an entire arc over this when they're all main characters would be odd.

I think this thread just proves that the 2k3 series ran its course. Most of the ideas presented here are either redundant or just slight alterations of things they already did.

01-29-2017, 12:44 PM
Which would be kinda redundant. We've seen them all separated before and spending an entire arc over this when they're all main characters would be odd.

I think this thread just proves that the 2k3 series ran its course. Most of the ideas presented here are either redundant or just slight alterations of things they already did.

The original series had various solo-adventures during seasons 4-5.

ABrown
01-29-2017, 04:26 PM
I found season five to be a very good progression of the events from season four. And I really enjoyed Fast Forward after the conclusion of the Ninja Tribunal story arc. Those seasons should've aired in the correct order. The Ninja Tribunal season should've aired in the Fall of 2006, with the first 13 episodes of Fast Forward airing in the Spring of 2007. Then the final 13 Fast Forward episodes would've aired in the Fall of 2007. In addition, I would've changed the seventh season to a second Fast Forward season, instead of the Back To The Sewer season. The turtles would've returned home in the final episode. And then Turtles Forever would still remain the conclusion to the show.

01-30-2017, 07:55 AM
I'm fascinated so many like Fast Forward and Back to the Sewer, it's not many years ago it was the number one target for bashing.

k_lala
01-30-2017, 12:44 PM
They should have ended it after Tribunal.

If they did however continue, they should have kept the same design team, same animation, etc. Have Peter still be involved and have the story be maybe 10-15 years into the future when the turtles were older, have it be based off the comic I know Peter never really finished what happen in the books but figure something out. Keep the dark edgy nature, not goofy tone how FF and BTTS was.

01-30-2017, 12:49 PM
If they did however continue, they should have kept the same design team, same animation, etc. Have Peter still be involved and have the story be maybe 10-15 years into the future when the turtles were older, have it be based off the comic.

Sounds like a great idea, just naming such seasons "Ninja Turtles".

CyberCubed
01-30-2017, 01:30 PM
None of Volume 4's "plots" would have carried a season. They're stretched out in the comic because comics only have 20-30 pages an issue and Pete wasted pages on pointless exposition...but in cartoon form all those plots would get done in about 5-10 episodes max.

Hell the whole Don/talking dinosaurs/Utrom story where he gets really small would have just been a 2-parter at most in the cartoon, wheres in Volume 4 that nonsense went on for nearly 15 issues.

01-30-2017, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I'm glad BttS happened. We definitely needed a season "back home" after the future stuff.

Splinter trapped in cyberspace for so long felt so annoying, and still so predictable that he wouldn't be restored until the end.

sdp
01-30-2017, 03:32 PM
I liked BTTS more than FF but I still wouldn't get rid of any season. FF could've been so much better I agree but I also think the Lost Season/Ninja Tribunal was terrible. I would've loved to have seen the Shredder Wars or whatever they had planned for the next seasons but BTTS for the most part gives us a decent ending.

CyberCubed
01-30-2017, 03:40 PM
I liked BTTS more than FF but I still wouldn't get rid of any season. FF could've been so much better I agree but I also think the Lost Season/Ninja Tribunal was terrible. I would've loved to have seen the Shredder Wars or whatever they had planned for the next seasons but BTTS for the most part gives us a decent ending.

I thought Ninja Tribunal was quite good, average at worst, and I'm not even an anime fan really outside of a small handful of shows. Fast Forward had better episodes than BTTS (naturally, we're comparing 26 episodes to 13), but BTTS was decent enough to close out the show with.

01-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Wedding Bells and Bytes is at least the best post-season 4 episode.

CyberCubed
01-30-2017, 04:46 PM
Not really. It was a decent episode but many other Season 5, FF, and BTTS episodes were better.

"Hacking Stockman," and "The Engagement Ring" from Season 7 were both great.

neatoman
01-31-2017, 05:18 AM
Not really. It was a decent episode but many other Season 5, FF, and BTTS episodes were better.

"Hacking Stockman," and "The Engagement Ring" from Season 7 were both great.

Talking about FF/BttS episodes that are decent? Alright, here's a list of episodes I kinda like (in no particular order, just the one they came out in):

Bishop to Knight
Clash of the Turtle Titans
Bad Blood
The Journal
The Fall of Darius Dunn
Head of State
DNA is Thicker than Water
The Engagement Ring
Hacking Stockman
Wedding Bells and Bytes

And here's a list of ones I really don't like:

Headlock Prime
Playtime's Over
The Gaminator
Graduation Day: Class of 2105
Enter the Jammerhead
The Cosmic Completist
Incredible Shrinking Serling
SuperQuest
Super Power Struggle
Mayhem from Mutant Island

Not sure why that last one is even considered an official episode but I still don't like it.

ToTheNines
01-31-2017, 05:27 AM
I always loved "The Freaks Come Out at Night".

Utrommaniac
01-31-2017, 05:52 AM
Karai's arch after Ch'rell's banishment should have been written better as a whole. It starts with a bang, but then is swept under the rug.
Maybe bring her discourse with Leonardo to a whole new level and a whole new ground of discussion between them.

Why not a whole season of Karai as the Shredder, struggling to come to terms with her grief, and looking for answers, as well as Leonardo working to understand her perspective in her relationship with her father. And possibly Mortu having to intervene with a great "Both of you shut the f*** up and get in the memory chamber!" and show both of them Ch'rell's true history (centering on why he felt persecuted 'his entire life') for both of them to know, and Karai's history for Leonardo to better empathize with her plight.

Skip out on the Demon Shredder and the dragons entirely too. Or maybe just the dragons. They could have gone somewhere with Karai's story arch - maybe by having her destroy it...and then not walking into the sunset with Chaplin.

ABrown
01-31-2017, 08:42 AM
Wedding Bells and Bytes is at least the best post-season 4 episode.

Really? You liked the episode that much? I'll take basically every episode of season five, as well as pretty much any Fast Forward episode over it.

CyberCubed
01-31-2017, 11:16 AM
The Triple Threat episodes were definitely the weakest eps of FF. I really liked Jammerhead's episodes as long as you accept that he's supposed to be a cheesy and nut-case villain.

02-01-2017, 08:30 AM
I found season five to be a very good progression of the events from season four. And I really enjoyed Fast Forward after the conclusion of the Ninja Tribunal story arc. Those seasons should've aired in the correct order. The Ninja Tribunal season should've aired in the Fall of 2006, with the first 13 episodes of Fast Forward airing in the Spring of 2007. Then the final 13 Fast Forward episodes would've aired in the Fall of 2007. In addition, I would've changed the seventh season to a second Fast Forward season, instead of the Back To The Sewer season. The turtles would've returned home in the final episode. And then Turtles Forever would still remain the conclusion to the show.

Why were the second Fast Forward cancelled? Low viewing rates?

THGhost
02-01-2017, 09:03 AM
I liked Ninja Tribunal and BTTS, Fast Forward not so much.

02-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Fly Me to the Moon was also good.

k_lala
02-02-2017, 05:36 PM
None of Volume 4's "plots" would have carried a season. They're stretched out in the comic because comics only have 20-30 pages an issue and Pete wasted pages on pointless exposition...but in cartoon form all those plots would get done in about 5-10 episodes max.

Hell the whole Don/talking dinosaurs/Utrom story where he gets really small would have just been a 2-parter at most in the cartoon, wheres in Volume 4 that nonsense went on for nearly 15 issues.

I'm not too familiar with the books but 5-10 is good enough I think Peter was done mentally writing books but at least 4kids had writers and they could have helped and just create new episodes based off that concept.

Anything better than btts

Chris
02-04-2017, 02:43 AM
Personally I enjoyed it all, but yes BTTS is the weakest season and I'd probably have preferred the planned second season of FF instead. That said it was nice for the last season to be back in the present day with April and Casey.

Doing it all over again I'd have liked them to leave Serling in the future and ditch the cyber stuff. The guys have been away for a year, plenty could have changed, new threats could have risen, I think that could have been more interesting to explore. Save Shredder for his last appearance in Turtles Forever.

neatoman
02-04-2017, 04:07 AM
Why were the second Fast Forward cancelled? Low viewing rates?

Probably that or negative reception to the new direction.

Redeemer
02-05-2017, 04:31 AM
They should have ended it after Tribunal.

If they did however continue, they should have kept the same design team, same animation,

They couldn't financially swing it. Thats why the animation style was changed. The FF design and BTTS was cheaper to produce than seasons 1-5

ToTheNines
02-05-2017, 05:08 AM
Karai's arch after Ch'rell's banishment should have been written better as a whole. It starts with a bang, but then is swept under the rug.
Maybe bring her discourse with Leonardo to a whole new level and a whole new ground of discussion between them.

Why not a whole season of Karai as the Shredder, struggling to come to terms with her grief, and looking for answers, as well as Leonardo working to understand her perspective in her relationship with her father. And possibly Mortu having to intervene with a great "Both of you shut the f*** up and get in the memory chamber!" and show both of them Ch'rell's true history (centering on why he felt persecuted 'his entire life') for both of them to know, and Karai's history for Leonardo to better empathize with her plight.

Skip out on the Demon Shredder and the dragons entirely too. Or maybe just the dragons. They could have gone somewhere with Karai's story arch - maybe by having her destroy it...and then not walking into the sunset with Chaplin.

Very good points. They totally bungled Karai from seasons 5, onwards.

I like how they wanted to make her relevant to the plot in season 5, so they pulled some "she's spiritually connected to the Demon Shredder because of her armor" out of their asses. Cringe inducing.

Then she was there for the wedding, but didn't have a single exchange with Cyber Shredder, even though it was her father's consciousness.

I guess I enjoyed her in Forever, even though her motivations weren't 100 percent clear.

Utrommaniac
02-05-2017, 09:03 AM
I don't even know why she was even at April and Casey's wedding. She barely knows them, save for a little bit of talk with April. And boy, it was REALLY weird that the Utroms were at the wedding. They don't even know April and Casey in the slightest! Unless I missed an episode.

02-05-2017, 09:25 AM
I don't even know why she was even at April and Casey's wedding. She barely knows them, save for a little bit of talk with April. And boy, it was REALLY weird that the Utroms were at the wedding. They don't even know April and Casey in the slightest! Unless I missed an episode.

The producers probably wanted as many main-characters and even other as possible during the wedding.

TheSkeletonMan939
02-05-2017, 10:01 AM
My biggest question is - why was the Ninja Tribunal there?? Don't they have better things to do?

CyberCubed
02-05-2017, 11:42 AM
Probably not, they only cared about the Demon Shredder and nothing else. They let Ch'rell masquerade as Shredder for hundreds of years when they could have all easily stopped him but didn't, and they also didn't lend a hand during the Triceraton invasion of Earth in Season 3.

Obviously they don't give a damn about anything else, so I guess not.

Coola Yagami
02-05-2017, 01:04 PM
My biggest question is - why was the Ninja Tribunal there?? Don't they have better things to do?

Same reason bishop and the rat king cared. It was the last episode, might as well cram in as many cameos as you could.

CyberCubed
02-05-2017, 01:15 PM
Bishop watching was somewhat reasonable, he had helped the Turtles save the world in Season 5. And since he knew so many supernatural people or aliens were showing up at the wedding, he was probably watching just in case any trouble happened.

ToTheNines
02-05-2017, 01:47 PM

Right? What a way to waste your immorality.

They should have stayed dead along with the human acolytes. Everyone coming back made it feel like there weren't any stakes.

ABrown
02-05-2017, 05:07 PM
Probably not, they only cared about the Demon Shredder and nothing else. They let Ch'rell masquerade as Shredder for hundreds of years when they could have all easily stopped him but didn't

But they couldn't interfere. They explained that they had to let events run their course. Hamato Yoshi had to get murdered by the utrom Shredder, leading to Splinter and the turtles getting mutated so that they could eventually lead the fight against the demon Shredder allowing them to conjure Yoshi's spirit to defeat the Shredder for good.

Xav
02-05-2017, 05:50 PM
My biggest question is - why was the Ninja Tribunal there?? Don't they have better things to do?A better questions is why none of April's family showed up for her wedding? We know she at least has a living uncle and sister.

CyberCubed
02-05-2017, 06:06 PM
A better questions is why none of April's family showed up for her wedding? We know she at least has a living uncle and sister.

Heh, I forgot they weren't there, that's weird.

ToTheNines
02-05-2017, 06:21 PM
But they couldn't interfere.

But why not?

ABrown
02-05-2017, 06:47 PM
But why not?

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1657995&postcount=51

Like I said, the Ninja Tribunal explained that they had to let events run their course. The chain of events would eventually lead to the turtles conjuring Yoshi's spirit to defeat the Shredder.

TheSkeletonMan939
02-05-2017, 08:14 PM
A better questions is why none of April's family showed up for her wedding? We know she at least has a living uncle and sister.

Probably because all the other wedding guests were mutated freaks and aliens. :lol: She probably just told her family that she eloped. Uncle Augie could have been invited, though.

ToTheNines
02-05-2017, 08:19 PM
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1657995&postcount=51

Like I said, the Ninja Tribunal explained that they had to let events run their course. The chain of events would eventually lead to the turtles conjuring Yoshi's spirit to defeat the Shredder.

Uh, yeah. But how did they know that? Obviously it was for plot convenience, but it would have worked better if they were also awoken by the destruction of the Heart of Tengu.

I mean, would they have just let the Triceratons subjugate the entire planet if the turtles failed?

TMNachoT
02-06-2017, 07:41 AM
They couldn't financially swing it. Thats why the animation style was changed. The FF design and BTTS was cheaper to produce than seasons 1-5

I thought they changed the designs to pair it with the 2k7 movie.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-06-2017, 08:47 AM
4Kids should have concentrated instead on using Karai and the Foot Clan, Bishop and the Earth Protection Force, Baxter Stockman, Hun and the Purple Dragons, and the Rat King. Preexisting villains with tons of potential.[/B]

The ongoing fight against Bishop could've gone for literally seasons; there's enough potential there. Same for Karai.

Oh, and Mirage Volume 4 had plenty of potential for adaptation as well, with the Utroms arriving on Earth, the Venezuelan Utroms and the dinosaurs, Baxter's ongoing revenge on April, Splinter's death, Battle Nexus doubles, Mikey and the Regenta, the Triceraton/Styracodon war...

And Tales Volume 2 had plenty to adapt, too; the Foot Mystics and their attacks, the Utrom militants, Hamato Hana, more Marlin hunting Leatherhead, Leo being blinded, Loops, the Mistress (Tang Shen's older sister)...

PLENTY of GOOD material, villains and stories, all ripe for adaptation. And we've seen that 4Kids can produce good new villains and ideas (they'd already done Hun, Bishop, and the Foot Mystics).

ABrown
02-06-2017, 08:58 AM
Uh, yeah. But how did they know that? Obviously it was for plot convenience, but it would have worked better if they were also awoken by the destruction of the Heart of Tengu.

They were supposed to have godlike powers, I have no problem assuming that they were capable of seeing the future.

I mean, would they have just let the Triceratons subjugate the entire planet if the turtles failed?

Ha, you know if it meant abandoning their watch over the demon Shredder for even one minute, I'll bet that they would have.

k_lala
02-06-2017, 01:11 PM

Yep that's what i heard too, i was just going off of the what if question on what would i do etc. But also I find it weird that they still had enough money to do all those FF and BTTS episodes. I rather have quality than quantity. Even if it were just a few episodes with the same team to spread out the budget, that or just call it quits right after Tribunal and then do the Turtles Forever movie.

Speaking of that, they still had to have enough money to do the Turtles Forever movie. Too bad they never released it in the movie theaters, also not happy how they messed up the blu ray/dvd release. Putting the non uncut version and putting the ugly dvd cover on it. Made no sense!!

Also was never a fan of the artwork on Fast forward and beyond and then carrying that over to the movie, didn't like it. The turtles were also taller too, i didn't like that either, even though you can argue they grow taller with age. Sorry now i'm getting off topic.

dragonside
02-10-2017, 07:37 PM
I love this kind of topic.

Because the 2003 Series was pretty good overall. Actually I would have preferred if they finished up their post season 4 stuff.

Ninja Tribunal - seemed to have wrapped up nicely.

Fast Forward - where there definitely some loose ends to tie up.
They were thinking about a Future Shredder/Triceraton Shredder - I would have liked to see that.

Another piece of the fast forward universe that I would have liked to see is a proper conclusion for the Dark Turtles. I feel like they could've been that era's heroes/anti-heroes and how they adapted to becoming heroes (definitely some spin off potential). I would've liked a hand off moment.

Back to the sewers, the ending was pretty good. However, I would totally scrap this season's and rewrite it.

Viral was OK for Fast Forward, but overstayed her welcome. The whole Splinter lost in cyber space was more to develop Donnie (like Emo Leo). SCRAP.

I would've liked to see a season where the brothers decided grow apart to pursue what they really want. This is kind of crazy fan fic, but here's what I would imagine.

Leo would be seeking greater challenges and mastery - so maybe he is spending time in the Battle Nexus or travelling dimensions to fight and learn from the greatest swordsman in the Battle Nexus - I'd like have Miyamoto Usagi as his travelling bro and I'd like to see Leo's look evolve from a student to a real MASTER (maybe even getting students of his own). I'd like to see a time travel adventure where Leo trains under Master Yoshi.

Mikey will be pursuing a full time hero team up as the Turtle Titan, showing that he has matured (due to graduating as a Chunin), and eventually saving that kid who's descendant becomes Turtle Titan 2. Maybe in personal reflection he decides to write his own comic using the shadow pen name "Michelangelo" and then lets go of the Mantle.

Donatello - Usually Donatello gets the shaft (pun intended) and I think BBTS really tried to give him more character development. I still want that, however, I would go with a completely different take. I think would be doing more time/space/dimension research and realized that something big is coming. Something so big, that he and other alien scientists are working together to defeat it. And I bet they defeat and then realizes that its lonely without his brothers. All scientists there respect him, however, no one there can replace his brothers.

Raphael - OKAY. Really for Raph, he can just go stump wrestling in a Black Ninja Suit. ;) I feel as if Raph is actually the center piece of this whole imagined season. Because he is used to be the loner but without his brothers with him, he is truly alone. I'm going to go Old Man Logan on this. He is the one who remains with Master Splinter and is frustrated because he doesn't know what else to do, while all his brothers are growing beyond him. Master Splinter and Raphael go on a training arc and Raph recognizes how frail his Master is, and how much fighting without his brothers is too hard...

I think Raphel and Master Splinter being in danger gets Leo, Mikey and Donnie together to save them.

LOL sorry for the long fanfic :)

02-11-2017, 02:32 AM
What the heck is a Triceraton Shredder?

Utrommaniac
02-11-2017, 02:34 AM
It was a Flash Forward concept that got scrapped - wherein Ch'rell managed to escape confinement and took over a Triceraton body, but kept the Shredder moniker. There even seemed to be a little bit of a script for it.

02-11-2017, 02:50 AM
It was a Flash Forward concept that got scrapped - wherein Ch'rell managed to escape confinement and took over a Triceraton body, but kept the Shredder moniker. There even seemed to be a little bit of a script for it.

Sounds like a cool idea, like when Archie Krang took over Shredder's body.

neatoman
02-11-2017, 05:00 AM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/0/0d/Tri-shrednewarmor.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20121022135815
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/c/c2/Trishred.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20121022135732
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2631/4132385061_e76096b61d.jpg

02-11-2017, 05:02 AM
The Devil and Dr. Stockman? Just some working title, I suppose.

TMNachoT
02-14-2017, 02:59 PM
Interesting idea of the Triceraton Shredder. Any chance to see bigger pics or more pics?

FF is a good idea only for a 5 episodes part or so, but not a whole season, unless it takes the series to another level where the turtles can grow up as characters and stuff.

CyberCubed
02-14-2017, 03:05 PM
I'm glad Ch'rell's return in FF was scrapped, he probably wouldn't have been in Turtles Forever then. It made much more sense to save his return for what was the finale of the entire series.

02-15-2017, 03:49 PM

So would he escape both to Earth and into the future?

DestronMirage22
02-15-2017, 05:54 PM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/0/0d/Tri-shrednewarmor.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20121022135815
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/c/c2/Trishred.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20121022135732
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2631/4132385061_e76096b61d.jpg

As much as I love TMNT 2K3, even I have to admit that idea was really silly, and I'm kinda glad it didn't go through.

Harukuro
02-16-2017, 05:17 AM
Personally I would have loved if they just continued the theme of "new beginnings" that began in season four. The TMNT had a new home, that was barely examined, new vehicles, which again were barely examined, and new struggles in regards to how to navigate throughout New York City. However, unlike the first episode of the show, they had a large support network in the form of their friends and allies. So I personally would have loved to seen that expanded upon in the seasons following season four.

I also would have loved to see Karai learn more about her father's history and actions from the perspective of others. I always felt that her not learning about her father's history was a missed story opportunity, and it probably would have made for a better "redemption" than Turtles Forever provided (it seemed it bit...off that Karai wouldn't think "Hey dad, you're gonna destroy everything and everyone if you do this" sooner).

There are other plot points to examine, such as Donatello recovering from his second mutation, and perhaps seeking guidance from Leatherhead about it, the EPF becoming a more common threat to the turtles, and maybe checking in with older characters like Traximus.

02-16-2017, 12:44 PM
Maybe the turtles should move to another town, like Boston, to avoid making their enemies finding their lair easy.