PDA

View Full Version : FCBD: Prelude To Dimension X Preview & Discussion

AlZarkovski
01-28-2017, 02:38 AM
Preview here (https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01/27/preview-prelude-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-dimension-x/).

Utrommaniac
01-28-2017, 03:05 AM
Whatwhatwhatwhatwhat?! A preview already!?

“A deadly and weird new villain”
HMM.

Okay, let's start breaking out potentials in those two catergories?
Antax - Executer, not exactly a bounty hunter. Definitely weird; is a great big bug. Deadly? Back to executioner
Zixx - Bounty hunter, check. Deadly. See previous. Weird? Probably. 4Kids guy got his car impounded for mistaking an ambassador's wife for sushi. Not sure how one connects to the other.

Looks like Michelangelo is starting to use a grappling hook in his weaponry. So the question becomes...what exactly are they doing down there?

ProphetofGanja
01-28-2017, 07:51 AM

HMM.

Antax - Executer, not exactly a bounty hunter. Definitely weird; is a great big bug. Deadly? Back to executioner
Zixx - Bounty hunter, check. Deadly. See previous. Weird? Probably. 4Kids guy got his car impounded for mistaking an ambassador's wife for sushi. Not sure how one connects to the other.

Looks like Michelangelo is starting to use a grappling hook in his weaponry. So the question becomes...what exactly are they doing down there?

Well I hope it is a new villain, as the solicitation says, not another rehashed one. Although either way, I'm pumped for this. IDW has a pretty good track record for updating and remixing characters from previous iterations, but I'm not familiar with most of them so I appreciate when they come up with their own characters.

So it looks like the Turtles are patrolling the Technodrome for some reason? I'm guessing they head back to Burnow Island to meet with the Fugitoid or the Utrom refugees for something, and somehow plotwise the Turtles have to go or are transported to Dimension X where the Trial of Krang will be held. Should be a dope story

Utrommaniac
01-28-2017, 08:23 AM
If they were on Burnow, they'd be wearing their oxygen masks; it would be totally terraformed by this point.

It appears to be a training session that Donatello is overseeing. He's the only one of the four not in these few pages, so it must be him communicating through the speaker.

CyberCubed
01-28-2017, 11:24 AM
Well this arc takes place after the 4-issue Bishop/Mutanimals arc coming up, so I wonder if Bishop does go after Burnow Island at some point. The Utroms would need to get off-world.

ChosenOne
01-28-2017, 11:25 AM
Already?! I'm amazed. These next few months are gonna be sheer torture, waiting for the big Summer event (hey, if Marvel and DC can call 'em that with much less interesting stuff happening...) to start.

CyberCubed
01-28-2017, 11:31 AM
Already?! I'm amazed. These next few months are gonna be sheer torture, waiting for the big Summer event (hey, if Marvel and DC can call 'em that with much less interesting stuff happening...) to start.

I'm amazed at the sheer mass of comics we're getting from IDW. The regular ongoing, Universe, and now this Free comic book day issue, plus 5 issues of Dimension X in one month.

That's a lot.

ChosenOne
01-28-2017, 11:42 AM
I'm amazed at the sheer mass of comics we're getting from IDW. The regular ongoing, Universe, and now this Free comic book day issue, plus 5 issues of Dimension X in one month.

That's a lot.

I'm not surprised. While I'm not much one for sales numbers, I can imagine it's probably IDW's top seller or very near the top. And for good reason, too: it's the single best comic out there right now, and has been from the beginning for those who knew where to look.

I will admit that the very first arc seemed a bit bleak at the time, but I was catching up on at least 6-7 months of issues and decided to press on, and by the time I'd finished the Raph micro, I was most definitely hooked. Even #1-4 already showed telltale signs of the greatness we've come to know and love.

Here's hoping sales can keep pace with the comic's quality, and that 2017 is the first of many more packed years to come!

Redeemer
01-28-2017, 12:09 PM

HMM.

Thats what I have been thinking.... Torbin Zixx makes the most sense and they announced this shortly after the Darius Dunn arc so it only makes sense.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-28-2017, 01:29 PM
Definitely a training run.

Man, I've missed Cory's art. Absolutely my favorite, bar none. :tlove:

spookycookies
01-28-2017, 03:07 PM
I'm thinking that the Turtles are testing out new security for their lair maybe.

TomWaltz
01-28-2017, 05:47 PM
New villain as in BRAND NEW, folks! See you in May!

Talk soon...

Tom W.

CyberCubed
01-28-2017, 06:04 PM
I wonder if its an alien with a creepy looking design.

Sabacooza
01-28-2017, 07:28 PM
Man, I've missed Cory's art. Absolutely my favorite, bar none. :tlove:I feel ya. His stuff is gorgeous. It's good to have him back even if it is just for one issue but man, why the preview so early? It's going to be an excruciating wait.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-28-2017, 07:57 PM
New villain as in BRAND NEW, folks! See you in May!

Talk soon...

Tom W.

Can't wait, man!

MikeandRaph87
01-28-2017, 09:01 PM
Bobby just said that they are only know picking artist so its surprising to see four completed pages. We don't see anything other than the Turtles returning back to the sewer-like trenches of the Technodrome and getting laser shot on their shells. While it is not much it is sure to be a fun story. I thought Krang was already imprisoned and stored away from a time after the other plot threads have settled. I hope the Neutrinos and Antrax will be involved in the story as well opposed to just a tease.

DestronMirage22
01-28-2017, 10:28 PM
Kinda strange seeing this preview come out so soon, but I'll gladly take it! :)
Can't wait to see where this story goes, and it's a pleasure seeing Cory return to drawing TMNT, I'm a big fan of his work.

ToTheNines
01-29-2017, 04:44 AM
I feel ya. His stuff is gorgeous. It's good to have him back even if it is just for one issue but man, why the preview so early? It's going to be an excruciating wait.

For whatever reason, FCBD requires that their books are done WAY In advance. Still doesn't make sense bas to why they release the preview so early, but whatever.

Same thing happened 2 years ago with Prelude to Vengeance. Only difference was that it contained a massive spoiler lol.

Utrommaniac
01-29-2017, 05:20 AM
Bobby just said that they are only know picking artist so its surprising to see four completed pages. We don't see anything other than the Turtles returning back to the sewer-like trenches of the Technodrome and getting laser shot on their shells.

But they're not in the Technodrome??? Again, they'd have breathing support if they were. The best I can assume that Donatello has set of a training session for them in the regular sewers. He tells them to head back once they all land in the water.

Joey Kamikaze
02-02-2017, 09:25 PM
I'm not surprised. While I'm not much one for sales numbers, I can imagine it's probably IDW's top seller or very near the top. And for good reason, too: it's the single best comic out there right now, and has been from the beginning for those who knew where to look.

It's been a while since I was paying attention, but last I knew TMNT was consistently going back and forth with My Little Pony as IDW's top selling comic month to month.

Redeemer
02-02-2017, 09:48 PM
It's been a while since I was paying attention, but last I knew TMNT was consistently going back and forth with My Little Pony as IDW's top selling comic month to month.

MLP has fallen off in sales for a good while now. TMNT has consistently been IDW's top selling book for a while now and TMNT universe is even doing better than MLP as well.

ProphetofGanja
02-04-2017, 07:35 AM
Maybe IDW will stop publishing so got damn many G.I. Joe and Transformers comics. Seriously, every time the solicitations come out I swear half the list is just Transformers titles, I can't fathom how they're all being supported enough to keep going

myconius
02-06-2017, 12:06 PM
i didn't expect a preview for this so soon!!

very tempted to check it out!! but on the other hand i don't want to spoil it for myself until i have the actual comic in my hands!

i'll try to hold out as long as i can! :lol:

ProphetofGanja
02-22-2017, 07:30 PM
Damn, I went to go check out this preview again but the image links are all broken

MikeandRaph87
02-22-2017, 07:40 PM
It appears that Krang's role in reviving the five of them will be involved in the Trial of Krang plot. The question is' how?'. 'I allowed you to return to life and destroy Saki for me' would come from Krang's mouth its just the 'how'.

Utrommaniac
02-22-2017, 08:04 PM
What makes you say that?

MikeandRaph87
02-22-2017, 08:13 PM
What makes you say that?

Mr. Curnow's commentary in the Ask The Editor Thread implies it.

old_hob88
02-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Mr. Curnow's commentary in the Ask The Editor Thread implies it.

Not really sure how saying he can't comment on whether or not it will be touched on in the arc implies it will be touched on.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-22-2017, 08:27 PM
Not really sure how saying he can't comment on whether or not it will be touched on in the arc implies it will be touched on.

Agreed.

However, IF that plot point is going to be followed up on (and it undoubtedly is), then Krang's Trial seems like the best possible place to do so.

ChosenOne
02-22-2017, 08:28 PM

I always take non-commital as leaning towards confirmation too. Surely if it were otherwise, he'd just deny it outright.

Utrommaniac
02-22-2017, 08:37 PM
That's a good point.

Though, we'll probably be learning quite a lot about Krang during that time too. Including perhaps his relationships outside of his father.

CyberCubed
02-22-2017, 08:52 PM
Isn't the trial of Krang mostly going to be about the Turtles on the run from some bounty hunter in space? Or is that a different arc?

ChosenOne
02-22-2017, 09:36 PM
Isn't the trial of Krang mostly going to be about the Turtles on the run from some bounty hunter in space? Or is that a different arc?

Isn't that Dimension X? So many storylines running simultaneously can get a tad confusing.

Utrommaniac
02-22-2017, 09:39 PM
I'm assuming that the Trial is Plot A and escaping the bounty hunter is Plot B

old_hob88
02-23-2017, 05:54 AM
I always take non-commital as leaning towards confirmation too. Surely if it were otherwise, he'd just deny it outright.

The question is fairly loaded. A yes or no gives a certain degree of spoilers about the arc. A non-committal response, however, gives nothing really.

It is fairly likely said plot point will be touched upon during this arc though.

ProphetofGanja
02-23-2017, 06:48 AM
The FCBD issue Prelude to Dimension X that comes out in May will set up the five-part weekly miniseries Dimension X that will run through August, about the Turtles being pursued by an alien assassin hired by Krang, while the Trial of Krang arc in the main ongoing will start that same month.

As far as continuity goes, we will likely have to wait and see how all of these stories fit together chronologically since a whole miniseries will come out in-between two issues of the main series. This fall will definitely be a great time for TMNT fans though.

Rooish
03-26-2017, 11:42 PM
Does anyone still have the images for this? Links are broken.

Shargor
04-02-2017, 07:01 AM
So updated information from IDW Fall catalogue (http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?sequence=124&group=catalog&mailingID=0&mailingGroupID=0&catalogID=4124128&org=&sku=1684051045) reveals assassin's name, and it looks like completely new character -Hakk-R.

MikeandRaph87
04-03-2017, 04:10 PM
So with Malinga(spelling?) of Archie's TMNTA unveiled I have to wonder if Krang hired Antrax by another name to hunt down people who could convict him,namely the TMNT. It would fit in with the bug from Dimension X part.

At one point we saw a lot of Mirage and original then with the run up to 50 we saw quite an 2003 cartoon presence now it looks like Archie's TMNTA is taking center stage with Malinga, Jagwar gender flipped, Mammoth, and possibly Stump Asteroid.

This is an exciting time to be a TMNT fan! Thanks IDW!

ChosenOne
04-03-2017, 04:21 PM
So with Malinga(spelling?) of Archie's TMNTA unveiled I have to wonder if Krang hired Antrax by another name to hunt down people who could convict him,namely the TMNT. It would fit in with the bug from Dimension X part.

At one point we saw a lot of Mirage and original then with the run up to 50 we saw quite an 2003 cartoon presence now it looks like Archie's TMNTA is taking center stage with Malinga, Jagwar gender flipped, Mammoth, and possibly Stump Asteroid.

This is an exciting time to be a TMNT fan! Thanks IDW!

I hate to be "that guy" but it's spelled Maligna.

As for the bounty hunter, it's been confirmed to be an original character so it's not likely a take on Antrax. Hakk-R could totally be one of Maligna's offspring, though. My guess is that Maligna, the return of the Neutrinos and Stump Asteroid (and the Triceratons?) will all feature in the Dimension X mini.

MikeandRaph87
04-03-2017, 04:26 PM
I hate to be "that guy" but it's spelled Maligna.

As for the bounty hunter, it's been confirmed to be an original character so it's not likely a take on Antrax. Hakk-R could totally be one of Maligna's offspring, though. My guess is that Maligna, the return of the Neutrinos and Stump Asteroid (and the Triceratons?) will all feature in the Dimension X mini.

I was asking how to spell it because I haven't seen in written ages so its fine.

I like how the 50s car with flying ability that the Neutrinos had were converted into starships. Its what I love about IDW. Its takes the old and and adapts. Like a few of us I was expecting Antrax as he is a bounty hunter for Dimension X and if Maligna is involved being a bug from Dimension X it fit perfectly. I was thinking Hakk-R(Hacker as in hacks with an ax) might be a reworked Antrax.

ChosenOne
04-03-2017, 04:30 PM
I was asking how to spell it because I haven't seen in written ages so its fine.

I like how the 50s car with flying ability that the Neutrinos had were converted into starships. Its what I love about IDW. Its takes the old and and adapts. Like a few of us I was expecting Antrax as he is a bounty hunter for Dimension X and if Maligna is involved being a bug from Dimension X it fit perfectly. I was thinking Hakk-R(Hacker as in hacks with an ax) might be a reworked Antrax.

He also could have absolutely nothing to do with Maligna, but the fact that she's likely in Dimension X (the mini, not the place... well, the place too) and was an associate of Krang's back in Archie does make one wonder. I've been wondering if we might see Scul and Bean at some point as well!

IDW keep topping themselves. At this rate none of us will make it to #100 in 2019, we'll all die of hype-induced heart attacks from whatever they're cooking up for summer 2018... :o

ProphetofGanja
04-03-2017, 04:37 PM
So updated information from IDW Fall catalogue (http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?sequence=124&group=catalog&mailingID=0&mailingGroupID=0&catalogID=4124128&org=&sku=1684051045) reveals assassin's name, and it looks like completely new character -Hakk-R.

Hmm. I'm betting the assassin is either a computer-hacking whiz or he has a big sword/axe/blade with which he hacks people up. Or both!

MikeandRaph87
04-03-2017, 04:39 PM
He also could have absolutely nothing to do with Maligna, but the fact that she's likely in Dimension X (the mini, not the place... well, the place too) and was an associate of Krang's back in Archie does make one wonder. I've been wondering if we might see Scul and Bean at some point as well!

IDW keep topping themselves. At this rate none of us will make it to #100 in 2019, we'll all die of hype-induced heart attacks from whatever they're cooking up for summer 2018... :o

Its hard to think Maligna and Krang are not connected especially if its running alongside Trial of Krang even if they were linked in Archie. Its the timing of it making it seem a given. I could be wrong,but it makes a lot of sense and IDW likes to interconnect things.

Summer of 2018 hype? Do you know something I don't?:o Pantheon's game of chess gets into full swing?

CyberCubed
04-03-2017, 04:42 PM
For the record, Null and Malinga worked together in their Archie appearances. In fact Null's final appearance in Archie is him flying off Malinga's ship before her and her bug offspring crash into the sun and die.

ChosenOne
04-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Its hard to think Maligna and Krang are not connected especially if its running alongside Trial of Krang even if they were linked in Archie. Its the timing of it making it seem a given. I could be wrong,but it makes a lot of sense and IDW likes to interconnect things.

Summer of 2018 hype? Do you know something I don't?:o Pantheon's game of chess gets into full swing?

And then watch as Maligna's dealings bridge Krang and Null... Yikes! /speculation

No, not at all. I wish! What I meant was, we keep getting increasingly more spoiled year after year. Look at 2017 compared to 2016, when we thought Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything was hot stuff, yet it pales in comparison to this year's upcoming material. If IDW keeps this up, 2018 should be even more spectacular, after all these things are supposed to ramp up, not down... Though, admittedly, 2017 will be a very tough act to follow.

The only thing I can think of that might overshadow it next year is if we get a full on Hob/Null/Bishop war with plenty of interconnected material between the main ongoing and Universe, plus another "summer event" like B&R and Dimension X, or things finally kicking into gear with the Pantheon like you mentioned. Who knows. The wait is the worst part!

CyberCubed
04-03-2017, 04:47 PM
The only thing I can think of that might overshadow it next year is if we get a full on Hob/Null/Bishop war with plenty of interconnected material between the main ongoing and Universe, plus another "summer event" like B&R and Dimension X, or things finally kicking into gear with the Pantheon like you mentioned. Who knows. The wait is the worst part!

Yep, the only thing missing for me is some kind of Triceraton arc, as they've been oddly very underused in the IDW-verse so far. Aside from their lack of appearances, they've using all the other pivotal TMNT characters to their full potential.

ChosenOne
04-03-2017, 04:52 PM
Yep, the only thing missing for me is some kind of Triceraton arc, as they've been oddly very underused in the IDW-verse so far. Aside from their lack of appearances, they've using all the other pivotal TMNT characters to their full potential.

We might see a confrontation or skirmish with the Triceratons before #100, something that breaks ground for future storylines, but if I had to guess, the plate will be too full before the 100's for any real invasion/war arc as is the norm with them. Plus, if the comic keeps going that long, we'll need new big bads, amirite? Not to mention, I feel a Triceraton invasion would work a lot better if and when Bishop eventually sees the folly of his actions and actually enlists the Turtles' help.

AlZarkovski
04-04-2017, 02:09 PM
Interview (http://freecomicbookday.com/Article/192649-Tom-Waltz-and-Kevin-Eastman-Explain-How-Krangs-Assasin-Is-A-Complete-Unknown-To-The-TMNT) with Waltz & Eastman. Few spoiler details.

MikeandRaph87
04-04-2017, 04:04 PM
Eastman mentioned hevwill appear at Ultimate Comics in orth Carolina. Does anyone know which one of the three locations?

ChosenOne
04-04-2017, 04:12 PM
Interview (http://freecomicbookday.com/Article/192649-Tom-Waltz-and-Kevin-Eastman-Explain-How-Krangs-Assasin-Is-A-Complete-Unknown-To-The-TMNT) with Waltz & Eastman. Few spoiler details.

Interesting little interview. So I guess Hakk-R is coming after Fugitoid and the Turtles get involved.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-04-2017, 04:43 PM
Interesting little interview. So I guess Hakk-R is coming after Fugitoid and the Turtles get involved.

Makes sense. Fugitoid is a much bigger witness than a few Earthling mutants.

CyberCubed
04-04-2017, 04:45 PM
Given we know Malinga is coming, maybe this Hakk-R character is one of her underlings?

ChosenOne
04-04-2017, 04:48 PM
It'd be interesting (to say the least) if Stockman were pegged as a witness/target as well, given his role in the construction of the Technodrome.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-04-2017, 04:54 PM
It'd be interesting (to say the least) if Stockman were pegged as a witness/target as well, given his role in the construction of the Technodrome.

THAT would be awesome. But I don't think the Neutrinos have jurisdiction to bring in someone from Earth to testify... it'd be a little tricky.

Utrommaniac
04-04-2017, 06:26 PM
In reality, the Turtles are, for the most part, bystanders to the circumstances surrounding his nefarious mission -- but they don't stay out of it for long as the intended victim is one of their very close friends and most important allies.
Well, of COURSE it would be the Fugitioid.

But boy, I'm just imagining him celebrating being rebuilt and then the assassin just...bursts in and tries to take him out again. Then Ch'rell catches on to what's going on and tries to "deal" with Fugitiod himself, against his sister's protests, with the turtles finally in the mix of it.

Of course, when I think of someone named with a variation of "Hacker", I immediately think of
http://www.pbs.org/parents/birthday-parties/files/2013/09/hacker.jpg

spookycookies
04-05-2017, 05:13 AM

Yeah barring any surprises we probably won't have seen Stockman in like a year once Dimension X starts so it would be about time to have him poke his head out of the lab.

PaulAllor
04-05-2017, 12:43 PM
Hmm. I'm betting the assassin is either a computer-hacking whiz or he has a big sword/axe/blade with which he hacks people up. Or both!

Either way, he's pretty cool. That is all.

MikeandRaph87
04-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Either way, he's pretty cool. That is all.

When would we likely se a character design sheet of Hakk-r? I admit I was expecting Antrax so I am wondering if he is an analog.

PaulAllor
04-06-2017, 01:36 PM
When would we likely se a character design sheet of Hakk-r? I admit I was expecting Antrax so I am wondering if he is an analog.

Boy howdy, am I the wrong person to ask!

ProphetofGanja
04-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Ahh, what a tease!

I'm guessing we won't get much more until the actual solicits come out next month or later, depending on what cover he appears on, if any

AlZarkovski
05-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Presentation from Bobby, Tom & Kevin! First look on Hakk-R!:o

7Og2fJ_BOPY

ChosenOne
05-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Presentation from Bobby, Tom & Kevin! First look on Hakk-R!:o

7Og2fJ_BOPY

Great find, as usual!

Utrommaniac
05-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Yooooo Hakk-R's looking really cool!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-04-2017, 03:27 PM
Yeah, Hakk-R looks sweet!

CyberCubed
05-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Heh, he kind of reminds me of a Star Wars bounty hunter actually.

TurtleWA
05-04-2017, 03:42 PM
So the Dimension X mini series is releasing in August and the preview is free in May. Seems far apart. After the excitement builds in May for this new series hopefully I will remember to pick it up three months from now and still be pumped.

turtlefanforever
05-04-2017, 04:45 PM
if anyone gets an extra free copy send it my way. Called every comic shop within a 100 mile radius and none can send them to me, and i can't travel to any of them either

ProphetofGanja
05-04-2017, 04:59 PM
So the Dimension X mini series is releasing in August and the preview is free in May. Seems far apart. After the excitement builds in May for this new series hopefully I will remember to pick it up three months from now and still be pumped.

Well it's gotta serve a dual purpose; they want it to entice new readers into starting the series and bring them up to speed, as well as reward long-time fans with a sneak-peek at the story that's coming in a few months

Mayhem
05-04-2017, 06:00 PM
if anyone gets an extra free copy send it my way. Called every comic shop within a 100 mile radius and none can send them to me, and i can't travel to any of them either
Just buy a copy on eBay, there'll be tons there.

TurtleWA
05-04-2017, 06:45 PM

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/fcbd.asp

Might have luck on Monday with online comic stores but need to pay shipping and handling, check link above.

Well it's gotta serve a dual purpose; they want it to entice new readers into starting the series and bring them up to speed, as well as reward long-time fans with a sneak-peek at the story that's coming in a few months

Yeah but still...:lol: Can't I just have everything I want my way. :tgrin:

neatoman
05-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Illuminati Confirmed

CyberCubed
05-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Wow, this issue was really good. I wasn't expecting much since it was just a free comic book day issue and it had the usual recaps of past events, but the artwork was fantastic and the new Hakk-R character has an amazingly cool design.

All his fight scenes with the Turtles looked great and his design and abilities are well done. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of him in the upcoming Dimension X arc.

Autbot_Benz
05-06-2017, 01:53 PM
Thankfully my local comic store had TMNT along with New Guardians of the Galaxy so I am happy

http://i.imgur.com/voK9SU9.jpg

ProphetofGanja
05-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Man, I tried two different comic shops in Manhattan but no luck. Guess I'll try to get this on comixology or Amazon soon

DestronMirage22
05-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Managed to find a local shop and got my copy!! :D
Hakk-R has a really cool and creepy design to him. The first panel of him creeping around like a shadow worked really well to establish this. I also like how silent he is, a real no-nonsense bounty hunter. A good addition to the guys' rouges gallery, it'll be cool seeing where the story takes him.
This story arc is shaping up to be a great one, can't wait!

Utrommaniac
05-07-2017, 02:15 AM
So when do the digital releases for FCBD usually come out?

myconius
05-07-2017, 09:19 AM
the first IDW Tmnt FCBD issue was really good, but i think i enjoyed this one MUCH better!

(minor spoilers)

it was a lot more intense of a story and had a much more dire feel to it!
i deeply felt for Fugitoid's safety (not that they'd actually "OFF" him in a free comic)
but that fight scene was GREAT!
it really kept me on edge!

this was honestly one of the best stories i've ever gotten on a FCBD issue! :D

and it wasn't just some reprint like some companies like to put out on free comic day either.

Ceres
05-07-2017, 11:10 AM
So when do the digital releases for FCBD usually come out?

This coming monday the 8th.

MsMarvelDuckie
05-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Grabbed my copy at our local library's FCBD "event". It was the FIRST thing I picked up off the table. Interesting story, great art, and I like the new character. Honeycutt seemed very much afraid of him!

Autbot_Benz
05-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Decent Issue love the Artwork but having Mikey use the word Bae ugh.

DrSpengler
05-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Here's my full summary and review of the TMNT Free Comic Book Day special at TMNT Entity. (http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2017/05/tmnt-free-comic-book-day-2017.html)

Great to have Cory Smith back! He's going to be doing art in the Trial of Krang or Dimension X mini, right? I hope so; he was absolutely on point in this special (and so were Pattison's colors!).

Looking forward to August and seeing how the Trial story and Dimension X mini intertwine with one another.

Harukuro
05-09-2017, 06:45 AM

Who was he referring to? Was it Princess Tribble? Because, Mikey...you've only seen her once :tconfuse:

DestronMirage22
05-09-2017, 07:08 AM

Who was he referring to? Was it Princess Tribble? Because, Mikey...you've only seen her once :tconfuse:

He was describing Raph's relationship with Alopex.

That and "Illuminati Comfirmed" made for some annoying dialogue from Mikey.

Harukuro
05-09-2017, 09:11 AM
He was describing Raph's relationship with Alopex.

Oh thank goodness; I was worried we had another rushed relationship on our hands (the comic seems to be doing that quite a bit recently).

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Finally got to read it (was too busy this weekend to swing by the LCS).

The 2017 FCBD issue is both better and worse than the 2015 FCBD issue; the story progression is much better, with Hakk-R (badass new enemy!) and Fugitoid being brought into the narrative... but worse with the recap.

In 2015, the Turtles have suffered a major loss and are reeling from it. A bit of introspection makes sense there--thinking back over how they got to such a horrible point, what could they have done differently, etc. But 2017... man, that was clunkier than a junkyard. :trolleye:

myconius
05-10-2017, 02:10 PM
Finally got to read it (was too busy this weekend to swing by the LCS).

The 2017 FCBD issue is both better and worse than the 2015 FCBD issue; the story progression is much better, with Hakk-R (badass new enemy!) and Fugitoid being brought into the narrative... but worse with the recap.

In 2015, the Turtles have suffered a major loss and are reeling from it. A bit of introspection makes sense there--thinking back over how they got to such a horrible point, what could they have done differently, etc. But 2017... man, that was clunkier than a junkyard. :trolleye:

yeah, i definitely agree with your summation.

the original content of the 2017 FCBD issue had so much going for it.

but that recap was pretty awful!

...so forced and unnatural. felt like one of those 'flashback' episodes that all TV sitcoms feel they need to do.

CyberCubed
05-10-2017, 03:20 PM
The recap also felt weird because the Turtles seemed to be forgetting things that just happened. Like the Turtles referring to the Mutanimals as a whole as their enemy, when they should have only meant Old Hob. Or saying, "Wait, Karai/Koya/Bludgeon are on our side now, right?"

I mean I know all that stuff was aimed at new readers and not us, but it did feel jarring to read.

The rest of the issue was fantastic though.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-10-2017, 03:29 PM
The recap also felt weird because the Turtles seemed to be forgetting things that just happened. Like the Turtles referring to the Mutanimals as a whole as their enemy, when they should have only meant Old Hob. Or saying, "Wait, Karai/Koya/Bludgeon are on our side now, right?"

I mean I know all that stuff was aimed at new readers and not us, but it did feel jarring to read.

The rest of the issue was fantastic though.

Yeah, listing Slash and the Mutanimals felt really weird. They were ALL just running away from Bishop... I'm pretty sure you guys are family by now and Hob is the alcoholic uncle everyone is trying to redeem. Stop acting like you're enemies!

CyberCubed
05-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Yeah, come to think of it Bishop is really their only current enemy besides the Pantheon and now the upcoming Krang stuff.

Old Hob and the Mutanimals are allies even if Hob himself does shady things. Karai/Koya/Bludgeon are off in Japan and aren't enemies anymore either. Baxter has an uneasy truce with April and the Turtles now. Hun is basically at his lowest point and just a common criminal now.

Besides that the only other stuff is whatever they do with Leatherhead, and whenever Bebop/Rocksteady return to NY. Oh, and Null too, but I keep forgetting about her since she's never appeared in the main ongoing. Even the recap completely forgot about her.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Yeah, come to think of it Bishop is really their only current enemy besides the Pantheon and now the upcoming Krang stuff.

Old Hob and the Mutanimals are allies even if Hob himself does shady things. Karai/Koya/Bludgeon are off in Japan and aren't enemies anymore either. Baxter has an uneasy truce with April and the Turtles now. Hun is basically at his lowest point and just a common criminal now.

Besides that the only other stuff is whatever they do with Leatherhead, and whenever Bebop/Rocksteady return to NY. Oh, and Null too, but I keep forgetting about her since she's never appeared in the main ongoing. Even the recap completely forgot about her.

I was about to say "Null" but you remembered her just in time. :twink:

CyberCubed
05-10-2017, 03:48 PM
I was about to say "Null" but you remembered her just in time. :twink:

It's kind of suspicious Null has never appeared in the main ongoing. Makes me think her character won't ever be written by Tom Waltz and will just appear in Universe or specials by Paul Allor.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-10-2017, 03:52 PM
It's kind of suspicious Null has never appeared in the main ongoing. Makes me think her character won't ever be written by Tom Waltz and will just appear in Universe or specials by Paul Allor.

It DOES feel weird, doesn't it? Tinfoil helmet time... :tshifty:

CyberCubed
05-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Paul Allor wrote both her appearances, I guess she is "his" character to write and do with as he sees fit? It would be nice to have one guy in charge of her characterization and story.

Venom
05-10-2017, 07:20 PM
Can anyone get me this damn book and not rip me off? I completely forgot about last Saturday being fcbd and my LCS didn't participate this year.

Rooish
05-14-2017, 01:56 PM
Does anyone know where to get this online now? I missed it and can't seem to find it on Comixology.

Technogeek29
05-15-2017, 09:59 PM
Does anyone know where to get this online now? I missed it and can't seem to find it on Comixology.

IDW website is usually a good source if not AtomicAvenue is how I pick up issues I miss sometimes.

Powder
05-25-2017, 03:08 PM
Anybody have scans or a digital copy?

Sabacooza
05-25-2017, 05:45 PM
It's up for preorder on Comixology and is due to release on May 31st. I imagine it'll be all over the net shortly after.

turtlefanforever
05-25-2017, 06:11 PM
Anybody have scans or a digital copy?

Asking for illegal links or trying to curate comics by illegal means will not be tolerated here at the technodrome forums. Comment has been reported. No one is above the rules here.

TurtleWA
05-25-2017, 06:17 PM
Link to free comic:
https://m.comixology.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Free-Comic-Book-Day-2017/digital-comic/525927

Powder
05-25-2017, 06:32 PM
Asking for illegal links or trying to curate comics by illegal means will not be tolerated here at the technodrome forums. Comment has been reported. No one is above the rules here.

It's a free comic, Brandon. All you're doing is continuing to waste the mods time with this petty grudge you hold against me.

myconius
05-25-2017, 07:31 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/yODVOeMxWBwBO/giphy.gif

ProphetofGanja
05-25-2017, 08:01 PM

Don't hurt yourself with that stick up your butt

turtlefanforever
05-26-2017, 09:50 AM
It's a free comic, Brandon. All you're doing is continuing to waste the mods time with this petty grudge you hold against me.

1. Not my name, 2 its about following the rules. Idc about you. If something is against the rules i report it. I've reported plenty of other people. The fact that you would stoop so low as to try and find my actual person is disturbing.

myconius
05-26-2017, 02:10 PM
i'm sure the moderators are all thrilled.

keep fighting the good fight.

myconius
05-31-2017, 05:55 AM
the Tmnt 2017 FCBD special is now available on comixology.

https://www.comixology.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Free-Comic-Book-Day-2017/digital-comic/525927

the best part is, it was added as a one-shot and not lumped-in with the on-going issues! :)

...and it's still free! :D