PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Tmnt smash up?

FredWolfLeonardo
02-02-2017, 04:05 AM
I haven't played the game but I am a huge super smash bros fan and I wondered what a smash game with tmnt characters would be like, so then I found out this game exists and Checked out some gameplay videos.

What do you guys think of the game? Is it good? How does it compare to smash bros in your experience? And lastly, would you like another super smash bros styled tmnt game in the future?

Candy Kappa
02-02-2017, 04:12 AM
It's not a very good game, the controls are awkward and not well-responding. I played through once with Leo, did two pvp fights and never played it again.

The best compliment I can give it, is that it makes you want to play Smash Bros instead.

oldmanwinters
02-02-2017, 06:22 AM
Smash-Up? There's a BIG thread for that!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=25834

I liked it.

Powder
02-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Looks good but plays bad.

CyberCubed
02-02-2017, 06:48 PM
It's an average game. Not a great fighter but a decent party game.

There are also 3 Rabbid's in the game, for whatever reason.

The Deadman
02-02-2017, 08:03 PM
It's not a very good game, the controls are awkward and not well-responding. I played through once with Leo, did two pvp fights and never played it again.

The best compliment I can give it, is that it makes you want to play Smash Bros instead.

What version of the game were YOU playing? Lol it all runs smoothly for me and i have the Wii version.

pferreira
02-09-2017, 08:10 AM
There are also 3 Rabbid's in the game, for whatever reason.That's UbiSoft for you. :lol:

dragonside
02-16-2017, 09:24 PM
I ended up getting smash up for wii and also ps2.

The smash bros element was nice to have for a tmnt game.
The wii version i remember has some 2K3 costumes which was also pretty nice.

I think it was the Cyber Shredder.

Average game, better than some of the garbo that has come out recently.

Candy Kappa
02-17-2017, 02:31 AM
What version of the game were YOU playing? Lol it all runs smoothly for me and i have the Wii version.

The Wii version.

Andrew NDB
02-17-2017, 10:07 AM
At least they tried something new. You can't say that about any other TMNT game in the past 20 years.

retr0pia75
02-17-2017, 11:59 AM
On its' own, I guess it's decent, but it could've been so much more.

oldmanwinters
02-17-2017, 12:03 PM
At least they tried something new. You can't say that about any other TMNT game in the past 20 years.

And I respected that. I'm not a big fan of the Smash Bros. setup, but I appreciated this game just used traditional lifebars instead of "ring outs."

sdp
02-18-2017, 01:00 AM
If only they had given us a large cast of characters that we actually wanted most people would've overlooked the minor flaws and lack of polish the game has. Huge wasted opportunity.

Sabacooza
02-18-2017, 06:53 AM
I'm surprised no one has even attempted to make their own TMNT fighter from the ground up like a total remake of tournament fighters or something better.

MartiusR
02-19-2017, 01:00 PM
And I respected that. I'm not a big fan of the Smash Bros. setup, but I appreciated this game just used traditional lifebars instead of "ring outs."

I totally agree, this one thing was especially annoying for me in original Super Smash Bros and the fact, that they've used in Smash-Up "classic" health system was a really pleasant surprise for me.

Getting back to the subject - I've played in PS2 version, and it's one of these titles, about which I'm aware that they're rather mediocre quality (at least in technical terms), but I still like it a lot (and I would recommend it - naturally playing in MP mode is a pure fun, but I admit that unlocking new content and endings for various characters in "campaign" also has its charm).