PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Cast

saintsaucey
02-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Anyone use chrome cast? I know it has google play. Can I download network player apps like cbs, and cw so i can watch tv shows I missed on my tv rather than my tablet?

TigerClaw
02-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Anyone use chrome cast? I know it has google play. Can I download network player apps like cbs, and cw so i can watch tv shows I missed on my tv rather than my tablet?
Yes, Many of the streaming apps support Chromecast.

saintsaucey
02-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Yes, Many of the streaming apps support Chromecast.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

plastroncafe
02-03-2017, 10:32 AM
I've only really had experience with the thumb-drive version of Chrome Cast.
Can speak highly of Roku Boxes though.

How do you like yours?

TigerClaw
02-03-2017, 10:51 AM
I've only really had experience with the thumb-drive version of Chrome Cast.
Can speak highly of Roku Boxes though.

How do you like yours?
Roku boxes are great, but with Chromecast you can stream from your phone or tablet to it with ease, You can also show your phone's screen with it as well, so you can do things like show photos, videos or games.

plastroncafe
02-03-2017, 10:56 AM
Do the newer ones work better than the thumb-drives?
Because I never had consistent success with mine.

saintsaucey
02-03-2017, 12:57 PM
Roku boxes are great, but with Chromecast you can stream from your phone or tablet to it with ease, You can also show your phone's screen with it as well, so you can do things like show photos, videos or games.

Can you download the cw, and the CBS apps on a dumb device? Also I thought you needed a ruku subscription?

TigerClaw
02-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Can you download the cw, and the CBS apps on a dumb device? Also I thought you needed a ruku subscription?
normally streaming apps like those would have an icon that let's you stream to the chromecast.

In order to stream from the phone to the Roku, You would need to download the app within the Roku and then using the app on your phone to do it, With Chromecast the Phone app will just stream to the Chromecast, as long as the App shows the icon to stream to the chromecast.