PDA

View Full Version : Food Prizes and Mail Away Collectibles

TurtleWA
02-03-2017, 03:34 PM
Wasn't sure how to title this thread. But I am interested in knowing about and if possible having people share photos of the various collectibles that exist from mail away offers and food related prizes.

I have a few Burger King badges, a toast-r-cakes pin, movie flip books from cereal and mini comics from cereal. And also Modern McDonalds toys.

I've seen some other cool things from fellow dromers such as hand pressed/colored pin set, chef boyardee Shredder, and turtle pie belt buckle. All of these I think are mail away items.

What other cool mail away items or food prizes exist?
I haven't seen many modern things.

Amazon doesn't count as mail away. :lol:

Donatello19
02-03-2017, 03:48 PM
Unfortunately stuff like this is pretty rare nowadays. Instead you'll find things more along the lines of QR codes to scan on some app, free downloads for stuff, all digital basically. It's a shame.

TurtleWA
02-03-2017, 04:01 PM
Unfortunately stuff like this is pretty rare nowadays. Instead you'll find things more along the lines of QR codes to scan on some app, free downloads for stuff, all digital basically. It's a shame.

Yes unfortunate:tsad:. Just thought of two more though. The 2007 mail away big foot and the cereal bowls from 89.

turtlemyke
02-06-2017, 12:41 PM
Turtle Pies also had small, metal "clickers" called Battle Signal Clickers as well as a T-Shirt and a Painter's-style Hat (for a total of 4 items)...Then there are 2 sets of stickers/trading cards that came packaged with the pies.

wpugh2424
02-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Turtle Pies also had small, metal "clickers" called Battle Signal Clickers as well as a T-Shirt and a Painter's-style Hat (for a total of 4 items)...Then there are 2 sets of stickers/trading cards that came packaged with the pies.

Where did you find that mail away belt buckle? That thing is glorious

TurtleWA
02-06-2017, 08:28 PM

Dude that's quite a bit of good stuff via mail and pack-ins. Hostess use to kill it. I remember other merch as well in Hostess cupcakes. That will be great when you can get it all and let us see it.

I have been thinking about getting some of the cups that got packaged with cereal but still am waiting on the right deal. I did order a set of rings that came with food in 1991 and also possibly 2001 the year is confusing. I am not sure why 2001 would get a re-release of a cereal prize.

turtlemyke
02-23-2017, 01:10 PM
Where did you find that mail away belt buckle? That thing is glorious

Sorry, didn't check back to the thread until now! No joke, I have a good friend (really good friend) who found the buckle by searching through 1,000's of TMNT lots on eBay. It is one of 2 that have ever sold on eBay. One of, if not THE best gift I've ever received! Haha