PDA

View Full Version : Official Episode Discussion S4 Ep 23: Tokka vs The World

Vicky82
02-05-2017, 02:45 AM
TMNT returns and in English too :P

Raphael's bonding with little Chompy gets interrupted by the invasion of Tokka, who has come to Earth searching for him.

The episode is up on ITunes.

MCLeo28
02-05-2017, 02:52 AM
It's about d*mn time. I'm so excited for this!

CyberCubed
02-05-2017, 03:14 AM
Also for those of you who saw the following Season 4 eps, please don't spoil anything in this thread in what happens in the next 3 episodes. Many of us did not watch the Korean episodes and don't wish to be spoiled.

People will be banned if they intentionally post spoilers from the other Season 4 eps in this thread.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-05-2017, 03:35 AM
I don't think anyone should be banned. People enter these discussions at own risk. It would've been worse with films, but when the 2014 and 2016 films were new, I made sure not entering those discussions until I'd seen them (which I did as quick as possible).

But when it comes to this, it's better to take out all frustration on producers instead for first airing in South Korea.

Vicky82
02-05-2017, 04:03 AM
Awww such a cute, light tone episode with happy feels, needed this as the the last 2 episodes are pretty dark. Tale of Tiger Claw is more of a serious tone episode but not as dark as Requiem and Owari.

Chompy is so cute.

Hope we see more of that new character General Griffin in season 5.

Poor Mikey seemed to get a lot of torture in this episode, he got punched by Raph and then nearly dissected/liversected.

Casey was awesome in this episode, he had a **** first half of season 4 but he's now a lot better in the 2nd half of season 4.

Good explanation on why April wasn't in this episode, she's still recovering from the previous episode, which was months ago :lol:

Powder
02-05-2017, 04:30 AM
Strong return.

ssjup81
02-05-2017, 04:45 AM
TMNT returns and in English too :P

The episode is up on ITunes.Sucks I can't use iTunes. No credit card. I have iTunes points, but can't use them, apparently, for this type of purchase. -_-

MarsicornYT
02-05-2017, 05:25 AM
Raph was awesome in this episode. ^_^

I can't wait for the last few episodes, by what everyones saying who have seen the korean eps, they're going to be really dark and I love it when Nick does those kind of eps, they're always really good.

ToTheNines
02-05-2017, 05:45 AM
Also for those of you who saw the following Season 4 eps, please don't spoil anything in this thread in what happens in the next 3 episodes. Many of us did not watch the Korean episodes and don't wish to be spoiled.

People will be banned if they intentionally post spoilers from the other Season 4 eps in this thread.

Quoting to reiterate.

ObiWanFan4life
02-05-2017, 08:08 AM
Feels good to be back! So far so good for this episode.

Aaronardo
02-05-2017, 08:34 AM
Wow. That was a blast. There wasn't much to dislike about this episode, I mean there were some things it could've done better (like I feel the Chompy Tokka scene at the end could've been wordless), but for the most part it was a pretty great episode :thumbsup:

It is about time we got more Bishop, and he was great in this episode. Looks like we're finally get Tiger Claw's back story, so it looks like this part of the season is going to be "everything we had to throw aside for the Space stuff and the useless Karai stuff."

In that case I'm waiting for Mutagen Man /s

GoldMutant
02-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Both action packed and emotional. I... liked this episode? :o

All seriousness, only issue I can think of is Griffin. He wasn't there too much for me. Also, anyone know his voice actor?

Otherwise, this was the best Raphael episode since Slash and Destroy (I've been rethinking on Dinosaurs Seen in Sewers! personally). See writers of the Mona episodes, this is how to make Raph soft without making him irritating.

Give it between a 7.5 and an 8, this was one of the best episodes by far this season.

pannoni1
02-05-2017, 08:38 AM
I'm a traditionalist with regards to viewing, so its nice to see new episodes return! A good invasion theme for Tokka's arrival, and good to see that human vs. human fights can still work (Griffin is just another mad scientist-type character otherwise), and having Casey/Michelangelo free themselves before being recaptured shortly after was also a nice unexpected move. A very cute ending to the episode as well with Tokka's pet son as well.

Redworld96
02-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Chompy has been so cute during all the episode. And it was interesting to know more about the alliance between Earth's military and Utrom.
Btw, my favourite line of the episode:

Raphael: We should steal a Kraang ship fast! But, which ship should we use?
Donatello: Dont worry guys, everything is under control … *getting serious* :
~Eenie meenie miney mo, catch a Tiger Claw by the toe!~ THAT ONE!

Leo/Raph/Probably the whole fandom:
https://68.media.tumblr.com/51226c35938b7834d5a18075f5d513de/tumblr_inline_okwp1a4TsO1rbtpg9_540.png

Donnie:
https://68.media.tumblr.com/9ab48fa11cfa713133ed71db8c0c0715/tumblr_inline_okwp2apqU61rbtpg9_540.png

ToTheNines
02-05-2017, 09:45 AM
Yes, a great Raph episode indeed. Very touching.

I'm loving all the jabs at Bayturtles lol.

Interesting that Bishop is not hiding his identity. Did he come to Earth after "War for Dimension X"? Or has he been heading the EPF since before season 2?

And now that Chompy is staying on Earth, I don't care how contrived and silly it is, but I NEED him to get mutated in season 5 and have some sort of misadventure with Bradford. The current disconnect between Tokka and Rahzar is killing me lol.

PApagreg
02-05-2017, 11:09 AM
Not bad, while I don't really like how the EPF was handled in this episode(seriously an organization that has links with the federal government and this is what we're getting). I'm glad that we did get a Raph episode thats not centered on his anger problems or his bug issues.

6/10

BubblyShell22
02-05-2017, 11:35 AM
I really liked this episode a lot. Raph's bond with Chompy was sweet and I like how Tokka decided to let her baby stay with Raph. Also loved seeing Bishop and I did like Griffin as a bad guy though I'd love to see more of him in future episodes if possible. Casey really was good in this episode and I liked how he did have two good ideas. Overall, a very decent way to come back from a hiatus.

LeotheLateBloomer
02-05-2017, 11:47 AM
Pretty good episode. Everyone ended up happy in the end.

Vicky82
02-05-2017, 11:56 AM
6RcYrBKSCu0

I laughed when he said TMNT returns in United States, so he knew about the episodes airing in South Korea :lol:

Jester
02-05-2017, 11:57 AM
Sucks I can't use iTunes. No credit card. I have iTunes points, but can't use them, apparently, for this type of purchase. -_-
Google Play has it too. I used my $1.99 worth Play Rewards to buy it.

matteso586
02-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Awww such a cute, light tone episode with happy feels, needed this as the the last 2 episodes are pretty dark. Tale of Tiger Claw is more of a serious tone episode but not as dark as Requiem and Owari.

Hope we see more of that new character General Griffin in season 5.

Poor Mikey seemed to get a lot of torture in this episode, he got punched by Raph and then nearly dissected/liversected.

Last three episodes actually.

Me too. That could potentially be the cause of the world finding out that the Ninja Turtles exist.

I think that elevator scene was a reference to how we viewed Michael Bay's first TMNT movie. And maybe being nearly dissected/liversected was supposed to be a mythology gag to the 2003 series.

Vicky82
02-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Last three episodes actually.

I don't consider Tale of Tiger Claw a dark episode, yes it has a 'What the ****' moment but that's it. Requiem and Owari are more darker than Tale of Tiger Claw.

CyberCubed
02-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Yeah this was a great episode. Nick's Bishop is great, I love how he works with the EPF but he's an Utrom in this version, but he's still true to the character in trying to protect the Earth from alien invasion. His fight scenes were also great and how the last guy pretended to be knocked out.

The jab at the Bay turtles in the elevator scene was hilarious. Goddamn, the Nick writers hate the movies as we do. :lol:

Also like how it tied back into the space arc from the beginning of the season with Tokka. Which really goes to put into perspective people complaining about "dropped plotlines" need to shut up, the writers will likely go back to everything eventually.

JH24
02-05-2017, 02:17 PM
That was a fun episode and it was interesting to watch the English version. I couldn't resist watching the Korean version weeks ago and it was fun seeing the different perspective, although generally my first guess from the Korean episode was the same.

Donatello is still a jerk to Casey though, he really needs to get over it.

Loved the scenes with Mikey and Casey. I enjoy seeing them interact together, they make a fun duo.

Jester
02-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Minor thing I noticed about the intro: Why is Spike not replaced with Chompy in the "Raphael" segment of the theme song? They make minor changes of costume and things elsewhere...why not swap out Raph's pet?

ToTheNines
02-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Minor thing I noticed about the intro: Why is Spike not replaced with Chompy in the "Raphael" segment of the theme song? They make minor changes of costume and things elsewhere...why not swap out Raph's pet?

I've been thinking the same thing ever since City at War.

I mean, really it's been weird ever since Slash and Destroy. But especially so now.

Jephael
02-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Why is Spike not replaced with Chompy in the "Raphael" segment of the theme song? They make minor changes of costume and things elsewhere...why not swap out Raph's pet?
I've been thinking the same thing ever since City at War.

I mean, really it's been weird ever since Slash and Destroy. But especially so now.

I've also been perplexed by this, but at the same time I feel like they keep Spike in just as a reminder of how far these characters have all come since the beginning of the series. Though they haven't matured that much, there is a slight bit of character growth noticed, especially when you go back to the series premiere.

CyberCubed
02-05-2017, 03:40 PM
General Griffin was a nice parody of every military general in every alien invasion movie ever made.

MikeandRaph87
02-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Has this aired on television yet?

ToTheNines
02-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Only in Korean.

THGhost
02-05-2017, 05:19 PM
Waiting for a place to watch this one. Only just found out about it thanks to my usual source: Black Nerd Comedy. :lol:

ranger_scout
02-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Both Mikey and Splinter had the exact same idea I had about when Chompy would become gigantic and Raph couldn't keep him when that time came, but it's true that really won't be for a very, very long time. I'm glad that Raph got to keep Chompy because his friendship with him is sweet. I thought we were going to get a repeat of the fun elevator scene from the 2014 film when Mikey started beat-boxing in today's episode, but Raph didn't want to hear it.

MikeandRaph87
02-05-2017, 06:42 PM
Only in Korean.

Oh, the way everyone is talking it aired on Nickelodeon and I missed it. I alreadu seen rhe last two in Korea. I just wanted to catch the two ahead of them in English.

CyberCubed
02-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Oh, the way everyone is talking it aired on Nickelodeon and I missed it. I alreadu seen rhe last two in Korea. I just wanted to catch the two ahead of them in English.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/deja_q_hd_046_resized_6484.jpg

Ninjinister
02-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Only in Korean.

Derr what? Didn't it air this morning?

CyberCubed
02-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Derr what? Didn't it air this morning?

https://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

People, he was being sarcastic. :roll:

MikeandRaph87
02-05-2017, 08:22 PM
I am confused. Did it air or not? I didn't see it pop up on my DVR. Its set to record any new episodes of TMNT 2012. I am at church when new episodes air so I wouldn't know.

MrTMNT2012
02-05-2017, 08:24 PM
The jab at the Bay turtles in the elevator scene was hilarious. Goddamn, the Nick writers hate the movies as we do. :lol:

Must suck hating on someone that did an identical scene better with more emphasis on the Turtles' comraderie and identity rather than a quick throwaway jab that makes their incarnation's Turtles look like d!cks.

Autbot_Benz
02-05-2017, 08:36 PM
Must suck hating on someone that did an identical scene better with more emphasis on the Turtles' comraderie and identity rather than a quick throwaway jab that makes their incarnation's Turtles look like d!cks.

http://i.imgur.com/s4CyeSr.jpg

GoldMutant
02-05-2017, 08:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/s4CyeSr.jpg

I know I'll be applying this next time you say something about Arrow. :lol:

So, any word on who voiced Griffin? I feel it reminded me a lot of R. Lee Ermey, but I want to make sure.

TurtleTitan97
02-05-2017, 08:41 PM

Looks like someone can't take a joke. Lighten up. :roll:

Good episode overall.

CyberCubed
02-05-2017, 09:07 PM
I am confused. Did it air or not? I didn't see it pop up on my DVR. Its set to record any new episodes of TMNT 2012. I am at church when new episodes air so I wouldn't know.

Yes, it aired. TMNT > Church anyway.

ToTheNines
02-05-2017, 09:09 PM
한국말 할 줄 아니?

THGhost
02-05-2017, 09:14 PM
It's good to have this show back at last to finish the season off through February. Lookin' forward to watching it.

Why did this episode and the next one air in December in South Korea? That's nuts.

CyberCubed
02-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Because Nick held these episodes back for 2 months for some reason. All of Season 4 should have ended by late December.

VaughnMichael
02-05-2017, 10:13 PM
I enjoyed the episode quit a bit until the ending.
It just seems odd to me that Tokka wouldn't just take the baby and leave regardless of seeing how much Raph loves her baby.
I mean of course them doing this is going to add another level to Raphs character.
But it almost makes Tokkas trip to Earth seem a bit pointless.
I think my favorite thing about the episode was seeing Bishop back and all of the Kraang Technology being used by the government.
Regardless I'm very happy that the show is back.
I can't wait for the next episode, should be a great one!

MikeandRaph87
02-05-2017, 10:16 PM
Yes, it aired. TMNT > Church anyway.

http://facepalm.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0912/implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

I will just catch it on the internet tomorrow since it wasn't advertised and didn't
tape. We already now how it all ends anyway.

ssjup81
02-06-2017, 12:04 AM
Yes, it aired. TMNT > Church anyway.You heathen!!! May the powers of Christ compel you!:Phttp://facepalm.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0912/implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

I will just catch it on the internet tomorrow since it wasn't advertised and didn't
tape. We already now how it all ends anyway.*still waiting*

TMNTInsighter
02-06-2017, 12:18 AM
While this is definitely a contender for best episode of the season alongside "Darkest Plight" and "Cosmic Ocean", I found myself not caring that it aired. This whole hiatus mess; Nines, Vicky, etc. acting like a bunch of babies about us talking about the international airing; Jester going full blown tyrant over the whole thing like it wasn't much ado about zero; etc. etc. absolutely ruined it. That being said...

"Tokka vs the World" is surprisingly a wonderful character episode from all players involved: Raphael, Chompy, Casey, Bishop, even Tokka. In lesser hands, they would have followed the route many of us anticipated by including Slash and having him react to Raph's new pet and how he feels about him in accordance to the situation. Instead, they justified Raphael not only becoming Chompy's new guardian but Raph's care and attitude towards pets and those he cares for in general. The episode practically becomes a story of redemption for Raphael after what transpired in "Slash and Destroy." Gavin did a good job in "Slash and Destroy" as portraying Raphael as the (unintentional) villain of that piece, filling Slash's head with enough vitriol against his family, so that after Raph and his creation came to blows, it was time for Slash to leave and find his own way. This time, Gavin portrays Raph's more positive qualities--while also keeping mutagen at bay this time, including Raph being willing to give Chompy back to whom he belongs. While Bishop (who is always a joy to see) and the EPF play second fiddle in the story's long haul, they provide enough material to make this episode become reminiscent of the military vs aliens movies including "Independence Day" and "Godzilla" while also providing quite a few opportunities for the character of our protagonists to shine through such as Bishop turning on the EPF. That Tokka would be unwilling to take Chompy away from Raph against its baby's will or remove Raph as an obstacle from Chompy's affections towards her, also speaks very highly of her character. It gives Raphael's right to keep Chompy a lot of credibility. If only the Godzilla movies had this much character behind them. Overall Rating: B+ (4.5/5 stars)

ssjup81
02-06-2017, 01:28 AM
This whole hiatus mess; Nines, Vicky, etc. acting like a bunch of babies about us talking about the international airing; Jester going full blown tyrant over the whole thing like it wasn't much ado about zero; etc. etc. absolutely ruined it. That being said...Well, it was only fair so that those who didn't want to be spoiled to be able to frequent the season 4 thread without worrying over it. We had a thread for spoiler discussion which, imo, was a fair compromise since we didn't have any "official episode" threads to discuss them.

CyberCubed
02-06-2017, 01:31 AM
Well, it was only fair so that those who didn't want to be spoiled to be able to frequent the season 4 thread without worrying over it. We had a thread for spoiler discussion which, imo, was a fair compromise since we didn't have any "official episode" threads to discuss them.

Agreed. I literally don't understand what their issue is. Some of us wait for episodes to air properly.

Utrommaniac
02-06-2017, 01:53 AM
"Someone get Bishop some hard liquor": The Episode.

I'm kind of disappointed that the agreement between the Utroms and Earth Military went up in smoke within a single episode, though. But that's the way things go in this episode. The utilization of the Kraang ships and weaponry was great, and even the change from purple to blue was a pretty good touch. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

I loved the amount of maturity Raphael showed, though. Practically an overflowing well of maturity. In earlier seasons, I think he would have stubbornly refused to give Chompy up, but the moment he saw Tokka was coming he basically said "Well, what must be done, be done, even though it makes me a little sad". And even in getting to keep him, he was still pretty graceful.

This is pretty much the kind of episode I like seeing in this iteration, and stands out among a lot of the lesser stories that drag it down.

TMNTInsighter
02-06-2017, 01:55 AM
...Some of us wait for episodes to air properly.

Some of you are fools then. Had to be said.
Plus, you need to be more careful about what you say in this politically correct day and age. A Korean or some civil rights minded person would accuse you of referring to only the English language episode as 'proper.'
I mean, this is not an issue! Who cares if it's Korean, Spanish, English, or silent? It aired, we had access to it on the internet, we're viewers and consumers who were also being cheated by this stupid company, it's our right to talk about it! Some of us aren't going to wait up on you because you wouldn't take advantage of Korea and those who uploaded those episodes. Your issue is much ado about nothing and I, as a viewer and consumer, will continue to exercise my right of talking about this series and the TMNT however I please.

P.S. Utrommaniac, you didn't have to use spoiler tags (this time).

CyberCubed
02-06-2017, 02:16 AM
Some of you are fools then. Had to be said.

Dude, what on earth is your problem? Because we didn't want to watch the eps in Korean we're "fools?" The hell? Didn't you get banned a few weeks ago for making arrogant posts like this?

I'm not going to watch a show in a foreign language. I had no problem waiting till now for the eps.

TMNTInsighter
02-06-2017, 02:40 AM
Jester, the head moderator here, is a disgrace! He goes after the wrong people, he caved when guys like you and Nines were acting like a bunch of foolish babies throwing temper tantrums over nothing, and he's a tyrant who makes the last three presidents (Bush, Obama, and Trump) seem fair in comparison. That's why I was on vacation the last couple of weeks and your recent posts show why you shouldn't be talking to Koreans, non-English speakers, or someone with civil rights on their minds.

GK Punk
02-06-2017, 03:42 AM
And with that, you just unlocked one of the secret final bosses.

Spoiler, it's me.

Looking through your post history you clearly have no interest in actual discussion of the series and you're acting beyond childish by attacking members and moderators alike. I'm leaving your final fate up to Jester who frequents here a lot more than I am able to these days, but for now you're banned.

Vicky82
02-06-2017, 04:11 AM
I'm confused, since when was I acting like a baby, I watched the
Korean episodes :-?

ToTheNines
02-06-2017, 04:24 AM
Edit: thanks GK.

I'm confused, since when was I acting like a baby, I watched the
Korean episodes :-?

He lost his **** when you politely asked everyone to be considerate of those of us that were holding out.

ssjup81
02-06-2017, 05:59 AM

He lost his **** when you politely asked everyone to be considerate of those of us that were holding out.This confused me too. Vicky was very polite. Cubed was slightly overbearing. ^^

MrTMNT2012
02-06-2017, 10:54 AM
Looks like someone can't take a joke. Lighten up. :roll:

I mean...I took this show pretty well for 2 seasons :twink:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-06-2017, 10:57 AM
:tlol:

We finally got TMNTInsighter banned, huh? About damn time.

Wonder who he really was...

Vicky82
02-06-2017, 11:13 AM

He lost his **** when you politely asked everyone to be considerate of those of us that were holding out.

Oh right, I hope he's banned permanently this time.

:tlol:

We finally got TMNTInsighter banned, huh? About damn time.

It's actually his 2nd ban, he only returned a few days ago.

ToTheNines
02-06-2017, 11:20 AM

A stupid cuck.

Autbot_Benz
02-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Thanks for banning Insider he comes off as a self entitled prick

Fang Wolf
02-06-2017, 12:04 PM
This was good Eps. :tsmile:
But one this I can says.....is at Chompy is sooo Cute. :tlove:

LeotheLateBloomer
02-06-2017, 12:24 PM
Dude, what on earth is your problem? Because we didn't want to watch the eps in Korean we're "fools?" The hell? Didn't you get banned a few weeks ago for making arrogant posts like this?

I'm not going to watch a show in a foreign language. I had no problem waiting till now for the eps.

Says the guy who watched DBSuper in it's original form.:lol:

CyberCubed
02-06-2017, 12:33 PM
A Japanese anime is different than an American made cartoon airing in another country.

neatoman
02-06-2017, 12:56 PM
So will Raph's estimate of Chompy's growth be proven wrong?

Jephael
02-06-2017, 01:24 PM
So will Raph's estimate of Chompy's growth be proven wrong?

I'm kinda torn here. While Chompy is one the most adorable outer space creatures ever to be made for a sci-fi inspired TV series, it would be kinda cool to see him gradually become larger in size. Could you imagine him growing to the size of a horse? I can imagine Mikey making/finding Raphael a saddle so they can ride on him.

Vicky82
02-06-2017, 01:28 PM
If TMNT finishes at season 5 then we probably won't be seeing Chompy grow, unless he has a massive growth spurt in just 1 episode.

neatoman
02-06-2017, 01:55 PM
If TMNT finishes at season 5 then we probably won't be seeing Chompy grow, unless he has a massive growth spurt in just 1 episode.

If I know cartoons, expecially CGI cartoons with limits to how many assests can be created per episode, I think that a sudden growth spurt seems likely.

Ashwolf
02-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Thought the episode was really nicely done and chompy was really adorable throughout the episode, anxious to see how things go with the epf from this point

That's 1 reason why I hope it doesn't end at season 5, curious to see how chompys growth rate really is :lol:

Jephael
02-06-2017, 01:58 PM
Thought the episode was really nicely done and chompy was really adorable throughout the episode, anxious to see how things go with the epf from this point

Considering we saw Bishop totally PWN "Admiral @$$hat" or whatever his name was, I'd say the rest of the Utrom council might return to assist in running the EPF. I'm holding out for a scene where Utrom Rook shows up in her version of the Irma suit and greets April and Casey.

Utrommaniac
02-06-2017, 02:03 PM
I'm preparing myself to be disappointed by that not happening, but it would be great if it did. I could see her being friends with April, and helping her with her powers.

JH24
02-06-2017, 02:22 PM
Re-watched the episode today as I didn't feel as positive about it yesterday. Now I realize I took it too seriously. It's an all-round, fun and entertaining episode. Not my favorite, but still fun. Loved the scenes with Raph and Chompy, especially how happy he was when he could keep him. I like seeing that different side from him.

I liked how Bishop had an almost near-confrontation with the turtles over Chompy. It shows there are limits to what he will tolerate, even from the turtles.

Still adore those Casey/Mikey scenes, it feels like those two are getting more scenes as well as getting closer lately. They make for a fun duo.

Speaking of Casey, I liked his portrayal here. He appears smarter, yet his ideas didn't feel forced (I liked Leo's enthusiastic reaction), and it was balanced well with him boasting about himself later on, but in a good way. Loved Mikey's dry "sidekick" comment.

I don't have anything against April's character, but it was nice she wasn't in this episode. When she appears she tends to draw the spotlight toward her, especially with her powers.

BYWInsaniac
02-06-2017, 03:02 PM
It just seems odd to me that Tokka wouldn't just take the baby and leave regardless of seeing how much Raph loves her baby.

I think it was more Tokka seeing how much Chompy loves Raph, and how sad Chompy was to be separated from him.

-JJ

Vicky82
02-06-2017, 03:16 PM
I think it was more Tokka seeing how much Chompy loves Raph, and how sad Chompy was to be separated from him.

-JJ

Yeah that's how I see it.

ssjup81
02-06-2017, 03:26 PM
I think that elevator scene was a reference to how we viewed Michael Bay's first TMNT movie. And maybe being nearly dissected/liversected was supposed to be a mythology gag to the 2003 series.Personally, it reminded me of that arc in the Archie comics, where the government thought Michelangelo was an alien, iirc, and was torturing him and wanted to dissect him. It's implied it was brutal given Leonardo and Donatello's reactions after breaking in to save him.

LeotheLateBloomer
02-06-2017, 04:19 PM
I remember in that issue, Don was saying that Mike was bleeding, though of course we never really see it.

CyberCubed
02-06-2017, 04:23 PM
Personally, it reminded me of that arc in the Archie comics, where the government thought Michelangelo was an alien, iirc, and was torturing him and wanted to dissect him. It's implied it was brutal given Leonardo and Donatello's reactions after breaking in to save him.

The Turtles get kidnapped by government agents in nearly every series. It's just another TMNT plotline shared in every universe. It's just that since Bishop wasn't created till 2k3, the Mirage and Archie "government captures the Turtles to experiment on them" just had generic scientists and army generals.

ssjup81
02-06-2017, 04:33 PM
I remember in that issue, Don was saying that Mike was bleeding, though of course we never really see it.They showed the instruments used on him. Some were bloody.

The Turtles get kidnapped by government agents in nearly every series. It's just another TMNT plotline shared in every universe. It's just that since Bishop wasn't created till 2k3, the Mirage and Archie "government captures the Turtles to experiment on them" just had generic scientists and army generals.True, but my mind still jumped to Archie during that scene.

THGhost
02-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Great episode! Reminded me of the old Godzilla movies; I guess Nick are fans. :tcool:

Love this version of Tokka, and Chompy is so cute. Tokka letting him stay with Raph was adorable. Should be interesting to see how big he gets.

The elevator gag/reference to the 2014 movie was fantastic. Nice little jab to PD TMNT.

matteso586
02-06-2017, 07:39 PM
Who here feels that the Turtles have become some sort of "weirdness magnet" since season 2? Tokka came to Earth because Chompy hitched a ride on Raph's shell. And the gang thought that the supernova killed Tokka.

Did the Earth Protection Force take over TCRI before, or after Annihilation Earth/Earth's Last Stand?

Powder
02-06-2017, 09:45 PM
Dude, the TMNT have been a "weirdness mgnet" since 1984. It's like that in literally every incarnation, & I wouldn't have it any other way. :tgrin:

GoldMutant
02-06-2017, 10:02 PM
Insighter got banned again? Huh....

It may have been not remembering Ever-Burning Fire too well, but damn Tokka's head looks pretty slick. I really hope we can get something with Chompy and either Slash or Rahzar before this show ends. Either comedic or a plot, I'm all for it.

drgon78
02-06-2017, 10:26 PM
That was a fun episode, and Casey actually coming up with two good ideas in one episode.

Ninjinister
02-06-2017, 10:26 PM
It would be great if the EPF scientist talking to Griffen near the start turned out to be Braunze.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
02-07-2017, 02:19 AM
An enjoyable episode! Not the best, but not the worst. I would really enjoy it if the EPF became a major "villain".

Check out my video review!
https://youtu.be/e7pj_suUMtM

THGhost
02-07-2017, 07:21 AM
Insighter got banned again? Huh....

I've never interacted with them before, but it looks like it's for the best. :lol:

oldmanwinters
02-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Hmm... I still can't find it on the Nick.com website? Am I missing something or has it just not been uploaded?

WebLurker
02-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Did the Earth Protection Force take over TCRI before, or after Annihilation Earth/Earth's Last Stand?

I thought it was after. The episode seems to imply that the alliance with the Utroms is new and I find it hard to believe that the Kraang would allow the EPF to take over TCRI before "Annihilation Earth"/"Earth's Last Stand."

ToTheNines
02-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Weren't the Kraang "defeated" after Battle For New York? That would have been a good time for them to move in.

Also, the entire EPF was under their control after The Invasion. So they might have already been operating out of TCRI when they snapped out of it.

IndigoErth
02-07-2017, 08:43 PM
Darn Nick site not coming through with it. :ohwell: Remembered that Kiss Cartoon site and manged to finally watch it just now.

That one moment... Suddenly being stared at like that by a T-Rex in Jurassic Park (World, whatever) doesn't seem to bad. :teek:

Nice episode, and sweet how it ended. Sure, let Chompy stay with Raph. After all... he'll need a planet of his own to destroy one day. lol But wow... Raph must have taken his happy pills.

Oh yeah, and loved the attempted "MC Mikey" bit that Raph quickly ended. lol

Hmm... I still can't find it on the Nick.com website? Am I missing something or has it just not been uploaded?
Nope. :( It's not on there, I've checked a number of times since Sunday. I asked them on FB, but that'll probably result in nothing. Try that Kiss Cartoon site, they have it. I hate to have to go a route other than Nick, but with this show getting NO repeats during the week and now no site upload, they didn't leave me with any other options.

Autbot_Benz
02-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Darn Nick site not coming through with it. :ohwell: Remembered that Kiss Cartoon site and manged to finally watch it just now.

That one moment... Suddenly being stared at like that by a T-Rex in Jurassic Park (World, whatever) doesn't seem to bad. :teek:

Nice episode, and sweet how it ended. Sure, let Chompy stay with Raph. After all... he'll need a planet of his own to destroy one day. lol But wow... Raph must have taken his happy pills.

Nope. :( It's not on there, I've checked a number of times since Sunday. I asked them on FB, but that'll probably result in nothing. Try that Kiss Cartoon site, they have it. I hate to have to go a route other than Nick, but with this show getting NO repeats during the week and now no site upload, they didn't leave me with any other options.

ya Kiss Cartoon is great when the damn site wants to actually work. . I don't watch Cartoons on TV anymore I just wait for Kiss Cartoon to get them.

ssjup81
02-07-2017, 09:47 PM

ya Kiss Cartoon is great when the damn site wants to actually work. . I don't watch Cartoons on TV anymore I just wait for Kiss Cartoon to get them.Same, but even if Nick.com had it, I wouldn't be able to watch it.

Ironically, I went out and bought an Amazon card, as I read that, unlike iTunes, you can use the redeemed points for episodes. Kisscartoon had finally added the episode.

So anyway, an alternative to Nick's site is Amazon. I'll try using it for the next ep.

IndigoErth
02-07-2017, 11:01 PM
Is it just a regular download, or do you need their/a tablet thingy or something for that?

One big plus I found with Kiss Cartoon is that I could grab the video's url and open it from my own copy of Quicktime directly on the computer. Let that sit and load and the playback was a lot better for my old computer than it is on Nick's site's player that utterly lacks any quality control options. :thumbsup:

MarsicornYT
02-07-2017, 11:22 PM
Is talking about that website allowed here? Just curious

IndigoErth
02-07-2017, 11:58 PM
I think talking to some extent is okay? Just not posting links, direct videos, etc. (And why I only mentioned by name, not url.)

ssjup81
02-08-2017, 12:15 AM
Is it just a regular download, or do you need their/a tablet thingy or something for that?

One big plus I found with Kiss Cartoon is that I could grab the video's url and open it from my own copy of Quicktime directly on the computer. Let that sit and load and the playback was a lot better for my old computer than it is on Nick's site's player that utterly lacks any quality control options. :thumbsup:I use my pc or tablet. I've used Amazon before, but it was years ago and I used my PC. For me now, the tablet is best (I have wifi now) because I can connect it to an adapter and use an hdmi cable to run it through the television. I do this with other things too, like kisscartoon and YouTube.

IndigoErth
02-08-2017, 01:06 AM
Nice. If I ever get a tablet or something I'll have to keep that in mind since I got a new "smart tv" for Christmas that devices can connect to. (Without actually owning any such devices. lol)

It can access YouTube on it's own though, but I WISH it could play stuff from Nick.com. That way I wouldn't have to shrink the window down and make the screen small so my computer can handle Nick's video player better. (I swear that thing must be defaulted to HD. :ohwell: Almost 13-year-old computer no likey HD...)

ssjup81
02-08-2017, 02:33 AM
Nice. If I ever get a tablet or something I'll have to keep that in mind since I got a new "smart tv" for Christmas that devices can connect to. (Without actually owning any such devices. lol)

It can access YouTube on it's own though, but I WISH it could play stuff from Nick.com. That way I wouldn't have to shrink the window down and make the screen small so my computer can handle Nick's video player better. (I swear that thing must be defaulted to HD. :ohwell: Almost 13-year-old computer no likey HD...)My computer is six years old, but it's temperamental these days and I don't have a battery. It also takes a long time to boot and the audio becomes distorted after a while unless using headphones or earphones.

The iPad I have was free. It has no SIM card or service, so I can only use it if connected to wifi. I have it now in the apartment.

Even though your PC is old, it should still be able to work with your TV I would assume. If you can plug in an hdmi cable to the computer, then the prob with Nick's site probably won't be a big issue.

MarsicornYT
02-08-2017, 02:51 PM
I think talking to some extent is okay? Just not posting links, direct videos, etc. (And why I only mentioned by name, not url.)

Ahh okie, all g

THGhost
02-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Nick.com used to be great until they started forcing you to prove that you own a US TV licence. :trolleye:

IndigoErth
02-09-2017, 03:39 PM
You mean the locked videos you have to choose a cable provider to access? Sucks and there's plenty of providers even in the US that aren't included. :ohwell:

Took them a while to get around to adding mine, despite it being one of the larger companies. Figured it was because Viacom and Comcast don't like each other, but why punish the viewer... Likewise, why punish international fans.

Even though your PC is old, it should still be able to work with your TV I would assume. If you can plug in an hdmi cable to the computer, then the prob with Nick's site probably won't be a big issue.
Even if that option is there, unfortunately the separation of rooms and that it's a desktop makes that a no-go.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-11-2017, 05:50 AM
It reminded me a lot of Independence Day.

ssjup81
02-11-2017, 11:20 PM
That was a fun episode and it was interesting to watch the English version. I couldn't resist watching the Korean version weeks ago and it was fun seeing the different perspective, although generally my first guess from the Korean episode was the same.

Donatello is still a jerk to Casey though, he really needs to get over it.

Loved the scenes with Mikey and Casey. I enjoy seeing them interact together, they make a fun duo.Jerk to him how? His being sarcastic over Casey having a good idea when Splinter technically did the same thing a scene prior? Not seeing it. He's also acted sarcastic or surprised when Mikey's done the same thing. Also, ROB PAULSEN!! He's the master of snark and sarcasm...why NOT have Donnie deliver that line? Donnie in this version, especially in season 1, is very sarcastic.

Sabacooza
02-12-2017, 12:20 AM
For anyone that purchased this episode from iTunes or Amazon, can anyone confirm if the HD version is 1080p?

JH24
02-12-2017, 04:46 AM
Jerk to him how? His being sarcastic over Casey having a good idea when Splinter technically did the same thing a scene prior? Not seeing it. He's also acted sarcastic or surprised when Mikey's done the same thing. Also, ROB PAULSEN!! He's the master of snark and sarcasm...why NOT have Donnie deliver that line? Donnie in this version, especially in season 1, is very sarcastic.

Maybe it's just a matter of perspective, but I just found that comment a bit hostile, especially after Leo actually praised Casey for it. Also, when Casey asked about April and said he was worried you could see Donatello actually move away a bit and getting defensive.

I couldn't pick up Splinter's sarcasm though. What did he say? Casey: "I am?" "Yes, you would do?"

ssjup81
02-12-2017, 04:57 AM
Maybe it's just a matter of perspective, but I just found that comment a bit hostile, especially after Leo actually praised Casey for it. Also, when Casey asked about April and said he was worried you could see Donatello actually move away a bit and getting defensive.

I couldn't pick up Splinter's sarcasm though. What did he say? Casey: "I am?" "Yes, you would do?"Splinter said, "You were due." It can be viewed as an insult and a compliment.

The other stuff you mentioned I didn't notice. Donnie moving away and all that.

That aside, Donnie's been sarcastic in the way he has as in this episode with Mikey and Raph too. If this was an isolated incident, I'd agree, but the fact that he's like that with other characters kinda disproves that.

Donnie is a sarcastic character. Rob Paulsen voices him. He is great with sarcasm and snark. OT Raph was the same in this regard. Super sarcastic.

Redworld96
02-12-2017, 05:08 AM
when Casey asked about April and said he was worried you could see Donatello actually move away a bit and getting defensive. Maybe it's just a matter of perspective, but I just found that comment a bit hostile, especially after Leo actually praised Casey for it.

Ok this is just my point of view, but when Casey asked him about April, I just saw Donnie looking back where he came from because he's also worried about her (and I think he was coming from visiting her, that's why he was looking back. I don't see him being deffensive).
And Donnie is always sassy with everyone, I wouldn't take it as something personal to Casey this time. I think hostile was recently in Evil of Dregg when Casey punched his head and called him Donnipedia just because he was saying science stuff. Anyway, I think their relationship will always be like this.

ssjup81
02-12-2017, 05:29 AM
Ok this is just my point of view, but when Casey asked him about April, I just saw Donnie looking back where he came from because he's also worried about her (and I think he was coming from visiting her, that's why he was looking back. I don't see him being deffensive).
And Donnie is always sassy with everyone, I wouldn't take it as something personal to Casey this time. I think hostile was recently in Evil of Dregg when Casey punched his head and called him Donnipedia just because he was saying science stuff. Anyway, I think their relationship will always be like this.Yeah, the only characters he's not really like this with are Splinter, April, and Leo.

JH24
02-12-2017, 05:41 AM
Splinter said, "You were due." It can be viewed as an insult and a compliment.

The other stuff you mentioned I didn't notice. Donnie moving away and all that.

That aside, Donnie's been sarcastic in the way he has as in this episode with Mikey and Raph too. If this was an isolated incident, I'd agree, but the fact that he's like that with other characters kinda disproves that.

Donnie is a sarcastic character. Rob Paulsen voices him. He is great with sarcasm and snark. OT Raph was the same in this regard. Super sarcastic.

And Donnie is always sassy with everyone, I wouldn't take it as something personal to Casey this time. I think hostile was recently in Evil of Dregg when Casey punched his head and called him Donnipedia just because he was saying science stuff. Anyway, I think their relationship will always be like this.

Thank you both for your replies.

===

@redworld96 -- With Donnie being defensive it was after he looked back. Sitting down, frowning, and him spitting out the words: "She's fine. Just resting." I really got the impression he didn't like talking to Casey about it.

@ssjup81

"You were due." So that was it. I would never have thought of that. Thanks for clarifying.

You're both right, Donnie is sarcastic and Rob Paulsen does great work with his character. It's just that sometimes it feels his sarcasm and snarks are either in good fun or more serious. And for some reason, throughout this series I keep picking up those differences. I find Donatello the most interesting because he seems the hardest to read of all the turtles. Of all four he certainly seems the most complicated.

I'm probably just being overly sensitive to this. A few years ago I had a friend who I'd known for years. Everything went alright until suddenly from one day his attitude changed. On the surface it seemed normal but I could notice it in his mannerisms, his way of talking, his constant sarcastic remarks toward me. I asked several times what was wrong but he kept saying it wasn nothing. Eventually I thought I was just seeing things until after almost a year he just blew up at me. Accusing me of everything, treating me like I had caused the end of the world.

Since then, I don't know why, I've become really sensitive toward other people's body language and way of speaking. At work, when outside, I'm always looking for little things and I guess that now extends to cartoon characters. That's kinda sad now I think about it.

TigerClaw
02-12-2017, 12:42 PM
I thought it was good, I liked all the Kaiju stuff, and it gets pretty emotional.

LeotheLateBloomer
02-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Yeah, the only characters he's not really like this with are Splinter, April, and Leo.

He has been with Leo a few times. At least twice in the Season 1 finale.

The slight difference is that OT Raph is just snarky. With Don, it's usually when he gets dumbfounded that the others turn to him on what to do just because he's the "genius of the group", when even he is just as shocked as they are when discovering something or when they miss/point out the painfully obvious. But you're right, they're both sarcastic. Don makes a good replacement for OT Raph, though.

ToTheNines
02-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Just realized this (Nick TMNT episode #101) and Adventures in Turtle Sitting (4kids TMNT episode #101) are both about giant, rampaging turtle-monsters.

Ashwolf
02-12-2017, 06:20 PM
saw how stockman industries was mentioned in another thread and not sure when it was actually started, if there are signs for it in past episodes but find it funny that ads for it show up while stockman is mutated/still mutated

put in spoiler in case size is too big

http://i.imgur.com/Xqb9tZm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1Bz93Q8.jpg

Just realized this (Nick TMNT episode #101) and Adventures in Turtle Sitting (4kids TMNT episode #101) are both about giant, rampaging turtle-monsters.

thats a neat find, no telling if its actually coindence or not

Jephael
02-24-2017, 02:29 AM
I know this thread is pretty old, but I've been meaning to bring up that near the end of the episode when Raphael is tickling Chompy, it's reminiscent to this classic YouTube video:

0Bmhjf0rKe8

Klunk1234
02-27-2017, 08:25 PM
It was a good episode. Chompy Picasso is cute.:)

Donny's computer84
02-27-2017, 08:33 PM
Tokka was a fun episode Raph, Donny, and Mikey were great in this one. :tgrin::tsmile: