PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Trivia Book.

Jester
02-05-2017, 03:23 PM
Howdy do all. A while back I scanned the old Random House TMNT Trivia book.

Here's the .CBR version of the book. (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5wawJTuPieRTmhFQUJldjVrNUk)

Sorry for the sloppily colored images. :D

oldmanwinters
02-05-2017, 11:11 PM
Haha, thanks for this, Jester! It's been a book I've seen from time to time on ebay but never took the plunge upon. This is the first time I've seen its interior, and I'm very impressed with how they separated the questions by various incarnation and difficulty level. I'll confess that some of those questions are difficult because of their obscurity or because it feels like it would require a long description!

I wish there was more original artwork, but what was included was nice, especially that Rocksteady and Bebop. Did you color them yourself?

Jester
02-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Yeah....back when I was a kid.

oldmanwinters
02-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Here's a few answers that I'm not convinced are entirely accurate:

Cartoon:
17. Is Irma April's specific secretary or did she have a larger role at Channel Six? I thought she was the general receptionist and later became a technical assistant.
26. Krang is technically from Dimension X rather than "outer space," thought the nature of Dimension X in the old show is somewhat debatable. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=18135)
69. I was thinking that "Vinnie's Pizza" was the preferred place. I can't remember much about "Joe's Pizza" in the show.
78. Dask misspelled as "Dax."
89. "Jersey Red" misidentified as "Big Red."
90. Uh... I wouldn't say "The Great Boldini" was a friend of the Turtles.
96. Good publicity wasn't exactly the main reason the Rat King wanted some personal time alone with April...
98. Did the Rat King want Splinter to teach his rats some fighting skills?
105: Misspelled "O.M.N.S.S." (OMNIPOTENT MULT-PROCESS NEXUS SUBUNIVERSAL SENTIENT) as "OMNUS"
114: I think its supposed to be "Rhino Man" and "Mighty Hog," if they are looking for "Heroic" reputation.
115: Clayton Kellerman's TV show was actually called "On Trial," not just "Trial."
117: Wasn't Michelangelo turned into a Gerbil, not a Hamster?

Movie 1
9. Misspelled "Domino's Pizza" as "Dominoes."
11. One could argue that Raphael's "crush" on April was stronger than Mikey's.
25. I can't remember but did Yoshi and Tang Shen ever marry before Saki killed them?
35. I think the book got the "Bossanova/Chevy Nova" gag backwards.
47. Not a mistake but I'm surprised an old kid's book went ahead and spelled out the "Sex Pistols" reference.
56. Jose Canseco's name is misspelled... badly.
74. The Island was affectionally named "Lairdman," not "Landman."

Movie 2
27. Professor Jordan Perry's name misspelled.
39-40: Not mistakes so far as I know, but man those are obscure details!

Playmates Toys
22: I always thought those were electrical eels, not leeches!
25. Mutagen Ooze is pretty dangerous, but I don't know that I'd call it "lethal."

MsMarvelDuckie
02-07-2017, 10:24 PM
Iis this the book with the lime green shell design cover? If so then I still have this book! I remember that it DID have a lot of really obscure stuff, but I don't recall if the second movie had been released when I bought it.

Jester
02-08-2017, 06:24 AM
No, it had a cover with splinter quizzing the Turtles alla Alex Trebek.https://cdn-img-2.wanelo.com/p/a5a/069/d46/394165575452fc523c736b9/x354-q80.jpg

MsMarvelDuckie
02-08-2017, 09:29 PM
Ah. Different book then. But still cool. Mine was the "Unofficial TNMT Trivia" one. Found it at Wal-Mart back after the movie came out IIRC.

oldmanwinters
02-18-2017, 05:40 PM
One more potential correction on question #70 of the 1st movie section.

Casey Jones would emphatically deny that he suffers from claustrophobia. In his own words, "Do you want a fist in the mouth? I never even looked at another guy before."
7K7hL_p0kXQ