PDA

View Full Version : An Apology

Papenbrook
02-06-2017, 01:46 PM
I would like to dedicate my time by directly apologizing to all of my fellow forum peers, allies, and adversaries.

During the last few months of 2016, I realized that I wasn't a good forum member, as I had kept creating controversial threads/posts. Not only were they unhelpful, but they were also disrespectful. My actions annoyed forum members and brought conflict within the TMNT community. Even though I was inexperienced in terms of communication on social media, I feel extremely guilty for that, and I express deep remorse.

If that wasn't enough, I kept pushing my views on other people. Everyday, I read news articles and watch television news, and I see all these terrible tragedies and unnecessary controversey. In addition, my family argued and fought a lot, and that tended to bring down my overall happiness. I wanted worldwide tranquility, and peace for everyone. As a result, I became passionate about social justice, and decided to be a dedicated liberal. So, I decided to do something that was, while somewhat effective, was also extremely problematic: raising awareness on the Technodrome Forums.

I tried to convince people to adopt my views/opinions on certain topics (fat-shaming, bullying, racism, etc.), while also "educating" them about the benefits of social justice. However, my methods didn't work, and I ended up with more people hating me than actually liking me. I didn't understand why at the time.

Lastly, I was personally rude to other forum members. I was tired of being bullied by certain forum members, and I was so passionate about social justice. However, I shouldn't have forgotten about how to be respectful towards other individuals. I was disrespectful to other members through harassment, intimidation, and bullying. In addition, I kept spreading horrible rumors about the Technodrome Forums as a whole. I had even created a thread about it!

However, I had a huge wake-up call. I realized that my methods weren't helpful, and that I was being inconsiderate of others' viewpoints. In addition, I noticed that I had caused deep hostility as a result of my controversial threads. Most impoartantly, I started to examine myself as an individual. Even though I thought I was doing the right thing, I realized that I became more depressed and desperate as a result. As a result, I decided that I actually don't consider myself a liberal. I became more of a moderate, as I consider and respect both liberal and conservation beliefs.

I deeply regret my previous actions, as I had caused a lot of hostility. I apologize to every member on these forums. I really mean it. I will not bother any of you anymore. I promise that I won't be inconsiderate and selfish anymore. I will also try to be more logical from now on. I will log in from time to time.

However, I don't think I can participate in conversations anymore. I don't think I am mature enough.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Post reported to moderators for trolling/spamming.

Papenbrook
02-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Post reported to moderators for trolling/spamming.

Please, report it then.

Just know that I was being dead serious in my post.

Autbot_Benz
02-06-2017, 02:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Zkn2SK9.gif

DarthRaphael
02-06-2017, 02:41 PM
Lets see where this goes.

Jephael
02-06-2017, 02:43 PM
It amazes me how easily such a heartfelt expression of remorse and desire for forgiveness can be so easily taken the wrong way. It's stuff like this that's wrong with our world. Nothing ticks me off more than seeing someone's apology get thrown back in their face. I commend Papenbrook for putting this out there and to heck with anybody who chooses to continue holding a grudge against him simply due to past indiscretions.

Cure
02-06-2017, 02:59 PM
I hope your apology is sincere and that you truly mean it.

But in truth I don't even know who you are or what you've done.

TheSkeletonMan939
02-06-2017, 03:02 PM
This is clearly a Mew-esque thread of apology or remorse just meant to draw further attention to OP.

Krutch
02-06-2017, 03:18 PM
I hope your apology is sincere and that you truly mean it.

But in truth I don't even know who you are or what you've done.

Your avatar pic made that so much funnier :lol:

IndigoErth
02-06-2017, 03:34 PM
Some past behavior might not leave a good impression, but I can respect a willingness to do some serious introspection and gained self-awareness. I hope you make good on it.

GoldMutant
02-06-2017, 08:55 PM
All liberals must die! :P (sarcasm)

I wish you had done this earlier, but I do admire you finally coming clean. Do what you wish and I hope the road you take is good. Best wishes if it really is the last time you post here; otherwise, feel free to send a chat with me if possible.

Powder
02-06-2017, 08:58 PM
I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Your post, assuming it is genuine, shows a considerable amount of self-awareness, which is something you were in dire need of. I hope for your sake that you are in a better place emotionally/mentally, & doing well. I know from experience that life's little rough patches can greatly effect the way we act, especially in how we channel all that excess emotion, so I sympathize.

While many (maybe even most) of your topics were peppered with socio-political themes, there were a fair share that were perfectly normal. So you are of course capable of participating in, even creating, productive/topical TMNT-related conversations. I'd welcome your return in the event that your intentions were pure. All the best.

The Deadman
02-07-2017, 03:35 AM
It amazes me how easily such a heartfelt expression of remorse and desire for forgiveness can be so easily taken the wrong way. It's stuff like this that's wrong with our world. Nothing ticks me off more than seeing someone's apology get thrown back in their face. I commend Papenbrook for putting this out there and to heck with anybody who chooses to continue holding a grudge against him simply due to past indiscretions.

Cause it's not the first time they've made a thread like this and then returned to the ways they claimed they feel bad about. I take this with a grain of salt.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=55237

snake
02-07-2017, 04:28 AM
There's more character development here than in most TV shows.

ToTheNines
02-07-2017, 06:33 AM
I feel you Pappy. And I'd like to apologize to you as well.

I was only ever an asshole to you because I legitimately thought you were a troll. I guess I was wrong, and I am sorry.

FredWolfLeonardo
02-07-2017, 02:05 PM
There's more character development here than in most TV shows.

Best comment of the thread. :D