PDA

View Full Version : [Want to Buy] Playmates Donatello Statue & Sideshow Donatello Statue

drag0nfeathers
02-06-2017, 04:01 PM
I have the rest of the sets of these, but I am missing Donatello for both. Why is it Donnie is always the hardest to find for ANYTHING?! :tlol:

For the Sideshow I am seeking the exclusive version to match his brothers with the colored bandanna. I'd like the boxes, and the condition to be good. As I can get considering they are older sculptures, but minor damage is okay.

I am handy enough I have fixed the minor flaws on mine to near perfection.

See photos for the exact pieces I am seeking

***First of Two Latin Kings***
02-08-2017, 09:18 AM
If I were you, I would just get the regular version of the SideShow one and paint the bandanna, before the regular versions are gone too.

drag0nfeathers
02-08-2017, 01:17 PM
That's an option but I'd prefer not to have to do that to complete my collection.

I managed to get the other 3 all second hand with minor issues I was able to fix since I restore sculptures as a hobby anyway.

Plus I don't want to alter it to seem as if it was an exclusive and God forbid something happens to me and it gets sold off to another collector only to find out it's a fraud.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
02-09-2017, 07:19 AM
I don't even see these on eBay so good luck.

TheMasterTurtle
02-09-2017, 10:48 AM
They pop up - I wouldn't lose hope but you'll need to be patient. I'd also recommend joining the sideshow collectibles forum and a variety of statue collecting groups on Facebook for the Sideshow Donny specifically. I've seen him pop up most on places like that and now eBay. The Playmates Donny - well, you and about half a dozen other people I know are looking for that one. That one will cost you.

Roseangelo
02-10-2017, 09:20 PM
I have the exclusive Sideshow Donnie. I think I took it out of the shipping box once and opened it to check the contents, but put it back and it's been sitting in storage ever since. I would be willing to sell for $1,000 + shipping.

TheMasterTurtle
02-10-2017, 10:55 PM
Solid deal

drag0nfeathers
02-10-2017, 11:14 PM
Wow Roseangelo!!! I'd be super excited to nab him from you but I'd probably need a few weeks to come up with the entire amount. I didn't expect to find one so quickly. If you're serious I'd be interested ^_^

I also appreciate the advice as well MasterTurtle. If things don't work out I'll give that a try as well.

Roseangelo
02-11-2017, 01:16 AM
Just message me when you're ready.

If any one else is looking for a Donnie, I also have the regular version that I'm also looking to offload.

drag0nfeathers
02-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Message sent! :tgrin:

drag0nfeathers
02-12-2017, 02:58 PM
Also, unrelated FYI, but is anyone aware of an area on here where I could potentially post my before and after photos of my repairs on these guys in the event anyone may want to commission me to fix their sculptures? I suppose perhaps the Fan Works area?

I am already well known on a different forum for my restoration work and since I have been collecting these I have fixed several for friends to near perfection and am quite confident in my ability... if there is a need for it anyway. I just tend to see many poorly done repair jobs on ebay and it makes me think maybe there may be a small demand for it as many people don't know the correct materials or have the patience for such tedious work. I just figured no harm in throwing it out there. :twink: