PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Dreams and/or Nightmares

Jephael
02-06-2017, 05:51 PM
So here's an idea for a subject that I don't think has ever been touched on in this community. What has been a recurring experience in your dreams? I'm sure many of us here have had some crazy dreams about the Ninja Turtles, my favorite being when the original cartoon somehow is back in production and showing brand new episodes. I've also had similar dreams about Smallville, Teen Titans and other super hero related shows that that've caught my fancy. In recent years I've also found myself dreaming about having a crush on some random girl who would either be somebody I used to know back in my high school days or someone I never knew before in my real life. Anything other than that is just a lot of recent personal family drama being rehashed in my subconscious, but I'd rather not get into that.

IndigoErth
02-06-2017, 06:34 PM
The only reoccurring thing I really have is tornadoes. I've never even seen one and they only happen where I live pretty rarely, but they are apparently how my mind, when dreaming, chooses to symbolize stress. (Occasionally it's a person or monster after me instead, but most of the time it's tornadoes.)

I always know when I've been stressing out over stuff when those show up, as one did again the other night. That and I tend to clench my teeth in my sleep in the same period as well so it's definitely stress related.

They're usually always at a bit of a distance though, always coming but never getting here or getting me. The only one that came close was a really oddly BLUE colored one (like a somewhat light, dusty blue) a few years ago... that one made it to the backyard.

MsMarvelDuckie
02-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Cats. Horrifically disturbing dreams about injured/dead/bizarrely altered cats. The strangest one was of one of our former pets sitting beside me and I started petting him and parts of his head, back, tail, etc would come apart in my hand like loose puzzle pieces. I kept trying to put him back together and he just sat there and purred the whole time. Or another one where I was walking home and saw a dying cat on the road with its side ripped open and was pregnant with still-live half-skeletal skinless kittens that mewed and tried to crawl to me. Those are the two that stick out most but there are others almost as bizarre and frighteningly real. I always wake up freaked out and can't get back to sleep afterward. I've had these dreams off and on for over twenty years now.

ToTheNines
02-06-2017, 08:25 PM
The only recurring theme I've noticed as a teenager and even occasionally as an adult is interrupted sex. Either some one walks in, or we can't find an unlocked door or suitable place to park the car. Pretty weird and annoying.

As a kid I had a repeat dream about evil anthropomorphic sheep kidnapping me and telling me they didn't love me lol. Pretty traumatizing.

CyberCubed
02-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Usually the same type of dreams a lot of people have, that I'm back in High School or College and in classes. And then there's this big test coming up and I have no idea what it is or why I'm there.

Then I realize halfway through my dream, "What the hell, I graduated more than 10 years ago!" and then I wake up.

I've looked this up online and apparently it's a pretty common dream for most people.

Coola Yagami
02-06-2017, 08:45 PM
The only dreams I remember are either happy ones with 80s April O'Neil or not so happy ones with the Fazbear gang trying to find and kill me.