PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite method of time travel within TMNT?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-11-2017, 02:36 AM
What's your favourite method of time travel within TMNT?

FredWolfLeonardo
02-11-2017, 03:30 AM
I liked the time travel train from the episode of the 80s series "Once upon a Time machine".

I found the concept of time travel via technology more fascinating, and that is prevelant in the 80s series in episodes such as "The Legend of Koji" and "A turtle in time" so I voted for that one.

02-11-2017, 03:36 AM
I liked the time travel train from the episode of the 80s series "Once upon a Time machine".

I found the concept of time travel via technology more fascinating, and that is prevelant in the 80s series in episodes such as "The Legend of Koji" and "A turtle in time" so I voted for that one.

Technology is the perfect method for a series that plays so much on previous science fiction.

neatoman
02-11-2017, 04:39 AM
The Time Scepter is pretty much "the" time travel method in TMNT, it's made the most appearences and I'm pretty sure it was the first one shown. It doesn't really make much sense in the movie (why implement some complicated rules about time limits and replacements when you could just have it work erratically like in the comics?) but is otherwise potrayed in a compelling manner.

02-11-2017, 04:44 AM
The Time Scepter is pretty much "the" time travel method in TMNT, it's made the most appearences and I'm pretty sure it was the first one shown. It doesn't really make much sense in the movie (why implement some complicated rules about time limits and replacements when you could just have it work erratically like in the comics?) but is otherwise potrayed in a compelling manner.

Cudley carried the turtles through time at the end of a a December 1989 Archie issue. Maybe Mirage stories with timelords and sceptres had been published before.

pferreira
02-16-2017, 08:27 AM
I thought the time train was cool along with Donatello's portal so I picked those. The Fred Wolf series relied quite a bit on technological plots and I loved seeing the tech featured in these episodes.

Cryomancer
02-17-2017, 10:55 AM
I prefer Renet because the turtles have no control over when and why she appears, so they don't just have a time machine sitting around they "forget" to use when it would make sense to use it. Her stories are sometimes more interesting too, they seem to play fast and loose with any sort of effects on the timeline generally. I mean hell they stayed in dinosaur times for months and it was fine.

Andrew NDB
02-17-2017, 10:59 AM
I prefer Renet because the turtles have no control over when and why she appears

How is that any different than Cudley?

I vote Cudley.

THGhost
02-17-2017, 11:54 AM
I've always enjoyed the imagery involving the Time Scepter.

neatoman
02-17-2017, 12:36 PM

I vote Cudley.

Does Cudley have boobs? No, Cudley doesn't even have a body, Renet wins.

Andrew NDB
02-17-2017, 01:27 PM
Does Cudley have boobs? No, Cudley doesn't even have a body, Renet wins.

What does it matter? Renet doesn't come and f*ck you, she comes and takes you on random adventures and is largely incompetent until her later years.

At least Cudley largely knows what he is doing. And can hop dimensions as well as time.

neatoman
02-17-2017, 01:55 PM
What does it matter? Renet doesn't come and f*ck you, she comes and takes you on random adventures and is largely incompetent until her later years.

At least Cudley largely knows what he is doing. And can hop dimensions as well as time.

As a reader, you have something nice to look at rather than a creepy disembodied cattle head. Not to mention that, still as a reader, it's more amusing if the person in charge doesn't really know what they're doing. You'd think Doctor Who would be as fun to watch if the Doctor wasn't inaccurate with the places he went?

dragonside
02-17-2017, 05:51 PM
Time lords yo, they be sick. Also its kind of a cool concept in Legends of Tomorrow...

MsMarvelDuckie
02-17-2017, 06:59 PM
I voted other- I prefer the Time Scepter, but obly if Renet comes with it lol! And I agree, I like her better than Cudley too. A giant disembodied cow head is just-weird. And creepy. I like the later version of her especially.

Tetsu Deinonychus
02-18-2017, 08:44 AM
For me, it's a tie between Renet and Cudley. Renet is certainly "easy on the eyes" and her ditzy valley-girl shtick is very funny. But, Cudley's funny too and the giant flying cow's head is great surreal imagery. I voted for "time lords" in the poll (I prefer Cudley for space travel rather than time), but could have gone either way.

But, I do prefer the Turtles having a magical time-traveling companion instead of just having their own time machine. Unless it's an Archie future turtles story, of course.

ABrown
02-18-2017, 09:02 AM
And with this [/thread]

Cryomancer
02-21-2017, 02:54 PM

I vote Cudley.

This is true. Cudley is straight up pure weird and yeah that's TMNT as hell. I like both.

pferreira
02-23-2017, 08:49 AM
You'd think Doctor Who would be as fun to watch if the Doctor wasn't inaccurate with the places he went?It's worth noting that this only applies to the first two Doctors. They didn't know where they were going, they were travelling randomly. From Jon Pertwee's Doctor onwards The Doctor knew where he was going.