PDA

View Full Version : Why was only "Turtles in Time" remade?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-11-2017, 06:01 AM
Of the original videogames, why was only "Turtles in Time" remade? (That happened in 2009).

DevilSpooky
02-11-2017, 05:47 PM
It was a fan favorite and usually considered one of the best Beat Em' up Games ever released so they chose that one to remade, but was not that well received and sales where bellow expected, they also lost the rights for the IP soon after so all of that killed any chance of us getting a remake of any of the others.

Danger of the Ooze was created as a sort of remake of the first one on the NES though...

The Deadman
02-13-2017, 11:08 AM
What in the world did you just link...

Andrew NDB
02-13-2017, 11:21 AM
Of the original videogames, why was only "Turtles in Time" remade? (That happened in 2009).

Because a bunch of hipster nostalgiacs decided that was the apex of Ninja Turtles videogames.

Candy Kappa
02-13-2017, 11:25 AM
I wonder if ReShelled had gotten better reception if it was a 4P SNES version of TiT rather then the Arcade version.

Andrew NDB
02-13-2017, 11:28 AM
I wonder if ReShelled had gotten better reception if it was a 4P SNES version of TiT rather then the Arcade version.

I doubt it.

ToTheNines
02-13-2017, 01:25 PM
I prefer the SNES version by a large margin, but it would have been a negligible factor as far as sales went, I bet.

DevilSpooky
02-14-2017, 02:56 AM
I doubt it.

I prefer the SNES version by a large margin, but it would have been a negligible factor as far as sales went, I bet.

I don't know, most complains I hear about is how they changed the music and removed some levels (by removing they obviosly meant the new levels added to the SNES version) so I seriously think the game would be much better received if it was the SNES version instead, by how much though is anyone's guess.

DestronMirage22
02-14-2017, 06:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnjdq32u-MU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n32J3y5e1f8

No mutch change within 30 years...

Why did you even post that in this thread?

mikezilla2
02-14-2017, 10:25 AM
whats the best version to play of the old versions and why ?

Andrew NDB
02-14-2017, 10:33 AM
I don't know, most complains I hear about is how they changed the music and removed some levels (by removing they obviosly meant the new levels added to the SNES version) so I seriously think the game would be much better received if it was the SNES version instead, by how much though is anyone's guess.

Probably 3 more downloads. Regular people don't care about that stuff.

ProactiveMan
02-15-2017, 01:44 AM
I remember there being a few knuckleheads on YouTube who wondered why Slash was replaced with Cement Man.

DevilSpooky
02-15-2017, 01:55 AM
Probably 3 more downloads. Regular people don't care about that stuff.

Regular people wouldn't care for the game in the first place, most of the potential buyers would be people that knew about the original and most of those would be familiar with the SNES port instead.

Andrew NDB
02-15-2017, 02:10 AM
Regular people wouldn't care for the game in the first place, most of the potential buyers would be people that knew about the original and most of those would be familiar with the SNES port instead.

So of the 30, 40 year olds of whom you speak that still even play video games... yeah... that's about the population of the Technodrome forums. On a good day.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-15-2017, 03:53 PM
Why did you even post that in this thread?

Meant for another thread. Deleted now.

DevilSpooky
02-16-2017, 02:24 AM
So of the 30, 40 year olds of whom you speak that still even play video games... yeah... that's about the population of the Technodrome forums. On a good day.

It's funny when people talk about things they are not familiar with.

pferreira
02-16-2017, 07:48 AM
I don't know, most complains I hear about is how they changed the music and removed some levels (by removing they obviosly meant the new levels added to the SNES version) so I seriously think the game would be much better received if it was the SNES version instead, by how much though is anyone's guess.They also added the 4Kids voices onto the game which changed the whole game being based off the 80s cartoon. Apart from the stuff you said my big problem was also the controls were pretty bad. Hitting someone was more difficult than it needed to be.

It's funny when people talk about things they are not familiar with.:lol:

sdp
03-04-2017, 08:19 PM
The reason Reshelled didn't work was because making the 2D beat em up 3D made it way easier and by having different voices and physics the nostalgia was gone. Add to the fact that if the game doesn't appeal to the nerd "professional" game reviewer, they will bash it and the average joe will see those reviews and avoid the game. So yeah if it had been a remake of the SNES game it would've helped it get better reviews for that reason alone and get a few more downloads.

Speaking of which since it was a remake there was no reason why this couldn't have been the "definitive" version of the game by adding the SNES extra content and not removing the Arcade content that the SNES version did. Add the original game as an unlockable and voila! You have a solid downloadable game.

As to why only Turtles in Time was remade the answer is really simple, the first arcade game had already received a port like a year and a half before with online the remake of TiT so it likely made no sense to remake a game they had just released a while ago and the reason TiT wasn't a port was they probably thought they'd get more money if it was a remake than a port.

MathUser
03-05-2017, 09:46 AM
I remember there being a few knuckleheads on YouTube who wondered why Slash was replaced with Cement Man.

Yeah, I know a few TMNT TIT enemies were replaced or moved to other places. I used to really wonder what the cement was like. I dunno if they could have fit that sprite on a SNES game. I figure that's the reason he was replaced.