PDA

View Full Version : TMNT #67 preview and discussion

Utrommaniac
02-11-2017, 09:29 AM
Once again, we have to resort to iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/id1202954014?mt=11) for its tiny preview, since others don't have it yet.

Of course Slash would read The Grapes of Wrath! Feels a bit like in Gargoyles when Goliath would read Dostoyevsky.

But man, absolutely no time wasted to fire off the story.

ChosenOne
02-11-2017, 10:43 AM
That's a pretty impressive and effective takedown of such a dangerous character. I wonder if the same tactics would work just as well on other powerhouses like Leatherhead or Bebop and Rocksteady...?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-11-2017, 12:11 PM
It's hard to tell, but I think they collapsed a building on Slash? That was tried on Bebop and Rocksteady, and didn't go over so well. :tsmile:

CyberCubed
02-11-2017, 01:33 PM
Slash being taken out first is good, you take out the big gun first and you give proper screentime to the other Mutanimals. Judging by the covers Man Ray and Sally might be the major characters in this arc. They're in need of characterisation too.

The Happy One
02-11-2017, 02:32 PM
aw darn...the link isn't working for me:ohwell:

ChosenOne
02-11-2017, 03:29 PM
The building collapse was just a way to catch him off-guard, the actual takedown was done via tranq darts as seen on the very last panel of the preview (if one squints really hard... and has an electron microscope handy).

DestronMirage22
02-11-2017, 07:22 PM
This issue wastes no time in getting to the action it seems. Can't wait! :)

Harukuro
02-11-2017, 08:05 PM
I really hope that Slash's involvement in this arc won't solely be about him getting rescued; he is a character who is sorely in need of a good story arc centered on him since he certainly has a lot of personal baggage to unpack in his life, and he is, in my opinion, one of the strongest written characters in the comic

Plus, it would be nice if, for once, Slash would not have to struggle and suffer so much. Just once. :tcry:

Utrommaniac
02-11-2017, 08:09 PM
From the descriptions of the set going down the line, it looks like most of the Mutanimals get captured along the way.

On closer inspection, it seems Lindsey gave him the book, but I'm just...girl, can you give him something just a little less depressing? You don't give a person John Steinbeck early in their reading experience, it just ain't done! I mean, Treasure Island would be a good start.

Jephael
02-11-2017, 09:35 PM
On closer inspection, it seems Lindsey gave him the book, but I'm just...girl, can you give him something just a little less depressing? You don't give a person John Steinbeck early in their reading experience, it just ain't done! I mean, Treasure Island would be a good start.

Peter Pan would especially be a good choice considering his kinship with both Michelangelo and Old Hob who're constantly at odds with one another. I can see Slash commenting on how Captain Hook's persona would remind him of the grumpy one-eyed cat.

Utrommaniac
02-11-2017, 10:29 PM
I thought about Peter Pan as a better example too, but didn't put it down. I'd only guess he was smiling at that passage because of the turtle stuff going on.

ChosenOne
02-11-2017, 10:41 PM
Is it safe to say that Lindsey would probably start him out in movies with Cannibal Holocaust? :lol: Black comedy, I know, but just imagine Slash's reaction!

ToTheNines
02-12-2017, 09:28 AM
Real preview:

http://www.cbr.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-67-exclusive-preview/

2K3
02-12-2017, 10:29 AM
So the Earth Protection Force DOES exist in the IDW-Verse... INTERESTING.

This arc is going to be amazing, looking forward to what Waltz and Eastman have planned for Agent Bishop!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-12-2017, 11:35 AM
Aw yeah. That's what I'm talking about. :tcool:

CyberCubed
02-12-2017, 11:41 AM
I hope we find out the backstory of this Bishop soon. In 4kids he existed since the 1800's and was abducted by aliens, starting his hate toward alien life. Then he started transferring his mind over to new bodies so he could live for hundreds of years. And as we know he funded the EPF and started off as an enemy of the Turtles.

In Nick, he's an Utrom working for the EPF to protect both the other Utroms and Earth from alien invasion and to defeat the Kraang.

I expect his origin here to be more in line with 4kids, but I also hope there's something new there too.

oldmanwinters
02-12-2017, 12:58 PM
I really hope that Slash's involvement in this arc won't solely be about him getting rescued; he is a character who is sorely in need of a good story arc centered on him since he certainly has a lot of personal baggage to unpack in his life, and he is, in my opinion, one of the strongest written characters in the comic

Plus, it would be nice if, for once, Slash would not have to struggle and suffer so much. Just once. :tcry:

Real preview:

http://www.cbr.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-67-exclusive-preview/

Haha, yeah poor Slash's character development spotlight lasted all of 3 pages before he became a victim of plot progression. :tlol:

2K3
02-12-2017, 02:11 PM
I hope we find out the backstory of this Bishop soon. In 4kids he existed since the 1800's and was abducted by aliens, starting his hate toward alien life. Then he started transferring his mind over to new bodies so he could live for hundreds of years. And as we know he funded the EPF and started off as an enemy of the Turtles.

In Nick, he's an Utrom working for the EPF to protect both the other Utroms and Earth from alien invasion and to defeat the Kraang.

I expect his origin here to be more in line with 4kids, but I also hope there's something new there too.

I'm hoping for something close to the 2K3 Show; no offence to Nickelodeon, I just don't see him as another Utrom. I'm also interested in his history with Madame Null.

Ceres
02-12-2017, 02:55 PM
I'm hoping for something close to the 2K3 Show; no offence to Nickelodeon, I just don't see him as another Utrom. I'm also interested in his history with Madame Null.

Well it wouldnt make any sense in making him an Utrom seeing as all Utroms aside Krang were in Stasis.

The Happy One
02-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Well it wouldnt make any sense in making him an Utrom seeing as all Utroms aside Krang were in Stasis.

Yeah i cant really see him as an Utrom, however he could be, in a way, like the 2003 show where he was experimented on??

Harukuro
02-12-2017, 05:10 PM
Haha, yeah poor Slash's character development spotlight lasted all of 3 pages before he became a victim of plot progression. :tlol:

Joy :tgrumble: Seriously, you would think the character on the cover of the comic would get more attention then that, so I hope I'm wrong and that he gets more focus soon.

Also, looks like Splinter is back in the picture...Can I just say that seeing him just makes me feel uncomfortable now? I don't trust him anymore

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-12-2017, 06:48 PM
Just because Slash was captured doesn't mean he won't get pagetime or focus. We might get some interesting back-and-forth between him and Bishop.

Besides, what are you all whining about? Slash has gotten the most character development of any of the Mutanimals except for Hob. This is our chance to learn more of Ray and Sally especially, and everyone wants more of Slash?

CyberCubed
02-12-2017, 06:54 PM
Yep, I'm glad Slash gets taken out first. Man Ray being in the lead makes sense.

In the Archie comics Man Ray was the unofficial leader of the Mutanimals. I honestly wonder if he'll step up to lead the IDW Mutanimals too if Old Hob has a falling out with the rest of the team, or Slash doesn't go back to them.

Harukuro
02-12-2017, 07:24 PM
To be honest my major issue is less that "Slash doesn't get enough character development" and more "Slash just got back from a personal journey and we have no idea what happened therein" with a dash of "Slash always seems to suffer in some way whenever he is featured in a story arc". I guess I just want the big guy to be happy for once. :tsad:

However, I am very happy to see that Sally Pride is going to get more focus in this arc; she also really needs more development and judging by the previews from Santolouco's blog and cover art we are going to see a lot of her here. :tcool:

Jephael
02-12-2017, 07:49 PM

Sorry if you find this idea boring, but I'd kinda like to see this version of Bishop just be an ordinary human being.

ChosenOne
02-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Yep, I'm glad Slash gets taken out first. Man Ray being in the lead makes sense.

In the Archie comics Man Ray was the unofficial leader of the Mutanimals. I honestly wonder if he'll step up to lead the IDW Mutanimals too if Old Hob has a falling out with the rest of the team, or Slash doesn't go back to them.

Ray (and Herman) is more of a second-in-command type, given the way he helps Hob out with dirtier ops that the rest of the team might not be inclined to.

If anything, I think Sally would step up as the leader; she's the one who rallied them together for a final push in the battle against Null, and she's the keenest voice of reason around. I'd like to see even more of her in this arc.

Plasticplayhouse
02-12-2017, 09:18 PM
Loving the art!

ProphetofGanja
02-13-2017, 08:08 AM
Sorry if you find this idea boring, but I'd kinda like to see this version of Bishop just be an ordinary human being.

Ditto. I don't want him to be over two hundred years old, I want him to be just a regular guy, at least for the most part.

If IDW was so inclined, giving him a backstory where he witnessed, encountered, or was abducted by aliens could be cool, but that would likely require a lot of expanding of the IDW universe, to create an alien species that wasn't interested in terraforming/colonizing earth like the Utroms but merely cataloging and studying humans, or to explain why some Utroms were engaged in random abductions, at a point in time when their entire species was on the verge of collapse with most of them in stasis, on earth.

Utrommaniac
02-13-2017, 12:22 PM
So, here's the thing with Bishop being abducted by aliens:
I would assume that the Utroms were put into stasis somewhere in the 1700's. Bishop, in the 4Kids series, was abducted in 1812, in New Orleans. Likely not by Krang, he would have been on the island with his manor and pirates, and not even remotely cared what was going on in the outside world, unless it showed interference with his activities. Probably did the American Revolution, since there would be ships going back and forth the area of his island.
(I would imagine some British soldiers stopping at Burnow Island for whatever reason, and getting the ol' "Get off my property, you kids!")

Adding another group of aliens might be a little bit of clutter, especially if we don't give a lot of time focusing on them. It could easily be Triceratons, too, and you know they'll be coming around to Do The Thing any time now.
But wait! Who's that I see in the Resistance against the Utroms poster?!
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/Bat-Snake/Screen%20Shot%202017-02-13%20at%201.16.59%20PM_zpstgtcmzzk.png
Why, it's a Gray Alien! One of the aliens Bishop claimed to be abducted by in his original incarnation!

Still, it would probably be Triceratons for neatness, and I could see how it would work. They're simultaneously mutants AND aliens - a double header as far as Bishop is concerned.

Harukuro
02-15-2017, 05:49 AM
OK, remember how I was complaining that Slash wouldn't be featured in this arc? I take it all back 'cause now that I know what Slash's role in this arc is...I would much rather prefer him just being kidnapped :tcry:

I guess I was right about one thing; Slash never seems to catch a break. He's back where he started; being mind controlled at the will of terrible people who see him only as a monster. Once he finds out what he's done he will have a hard time forgiving himself. And all this happens after he tried to find a way to "be his own master". :tcry: Poor Slash.

Also, those last few pages of limbs getting ripped off was probably the most graphic display of violence I have ever seen in this comic, so I'm glad I didn't have breakfast until later. :tsick:

ProphetofGanja
02-15-2017, 07:49 AM
I am so emotional right now :o

ChosenOne
02-15-2017, 08:04 AM
Well, that was... brutal. :o Gotta say, this story went in a different direction than I was expecting, particularly since I'm not much of a fan of mind control/brainwashing-type stories. That last scene alone is certainly one of the craziest ever in this comic, most readers will probably end up with a look like Hob's on their faces... Still, knowing that both Mondo's tail and Herman's pincher can grow back in time (a lot of time in Herman's case) do help ease the impact of the scene. Not completely, mind you.

Right now I'd bet all my money on Bishop Sr. and his son being one and the same.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-15-2017, 08:44 AM
Damn, didn't see this to be Bishop's plan.

Nice background on Bishop, Darkwater, and the EPF... and HELL NO to anyone who wants Bishop to be an Utrom or alien. He's human, and the character does NOT work any other way. Screw Nick.

The brothers bickering... honestly, could do without this. I like Leo's crisis of leadership, and I love that Donnie is once again the only one worried about the biggest threat (first Krang, now the Pantheon), but Raph and Mikey really shouldn't be THIS stupid. Like Raph's look, though.

TOMMY BOY!!!!

Oh DAMN. DAMN. Poor Gecko. :teek: :teek: :teek:

... Add Seymour and Herman to the "OH DAMN" list. :teek:

CARNAGE. :teek:

neatoman
02-15-2017, 09:29 AM
Jebus Crisp!
I had to check if Hermit Crabs can regrow limbs, they can but it was still brutal as ****! Poor Seymour.

Well, that was... brutal. :o Gotta say, this story went in a different direction than I was expecting, particularly since I'm not much of a fan of mind control/brainwashing-type stories. That last scene alone is certainly one of the craziest ever in this comic, most readers will probably end up with a look like Hob's on their faces... Still, knowing that both Mondo's tail and Herman's pincher can grow back in time (a lot of time in Herman's case) do help ease the impact of the scene. Not completely, mind you.

Right now I'd bet all my money on Bishop Sr. and his son being one and the same.

Probably, although my money is spread out a little further.
Like Bishop I-VIII all being the same person.

Vicky82
02-15-2017, 09:31 AM
Wow that was brutal :o

CyberCubed
02-15-2017, 12:06 PM
Mikey reading a Batman comic when this series had a non-canon crossover with Batman cracked me up. :lol:

This was a nice set-up issue, and I liked the Leonardo/Splinter scenes the most. Splinter is not uncaring.

Nice background on Bishop, Darkwater, and the EPF... and HELL NO to anyone who wants Bishop to be an Utrom or alien. He's human, and the character does NOT work any other way. Screw Nick.

While I do want this Bishop being human, or like the 4kids version, Nick's version being an Utrom is perfectly fine. It fits the universe well and makes a lot of sense. And it DOES work, because he's trying to free the Utroms enslaved by the Kraang while also having a treaty with Earth.

That being said, I do still hope this Bishop has martial arts abilities and lived for a long time. As said above, perhaps Bishop Sr. and this Bishop are one and the same.

DestronMirage22
02-15-2017, 02:28 PM
This issue was pretty brutal! :o
Poor Slash, he just can't catch a break can he? He's probably one the characters with the saddest stories in IDW.
I'm sure Mondo and Herman will be fine in time, they'll grow their limbs back. But Mutagen Man, that guys in trouble! Hopefully he survives this ordeal, it'd be a shame for his character to be killed off, since he hasn't had much "screen time".

Utrommaniac
02-15-2017, 02:58 PM
I like how everyone's reactions are basically the same :lol:
But seriously.
Yikes.

I'd say Seymour is good as dead if anything. I'm not sure if Mondo is the kind of Gecko that can regrow their tails.

And shouldn't Herman's blood be blue or something?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-15-2017, 03:01 PM
I like how everyone's reactions are basically the same :lol:
But seriously.
Yikes.

I'd say Seymour is good as dead if anything. I'm not sure if Mondo is the kind of Gecko that can regrow their tails.

And shouldn't Herman's blood be blue or something?

He's not.

Dead, I mean. IDW had an awesome chance to kill Seymour in the Mutanimals mini-series (which was my prediction at the time) but they kept him around. Besides, we've never seen a single hero die in TMNT IDW. Not counting reincarnation or spirit guides, I mean.

When they finally DO kill somebody for really realz, it'll be BIG. Like Splinter.

CyberCubed
02-15-2017, 03:09 PM
I do hope most of this arc isn't just Bishop mind controlling all the Mutanimals, since we've seen a lot of mind control plotlines dating back to Dark Leo, Alopex, etc.

I want to see him study and genetically dissect them, and use them as a way to lure our the Turtles. I also wonder if Leatherhead will get involved in this arc or if Old Hob will try to get him to help, but Leatherhead will probably refuse since he has no reason to get involved.

Utrommaniac
02-15-2017, 03:24 PM
Slash will likely be the only one, since he's practically a tank.

I could see Leatherhead trying to stand his own ground, but since he's only been free for a little while, the EPF would have the upper hand. He'd at least put up a fight, though.

CyberCubed
02-15-2017, 03:36 PM
I can't recall if Leatherhead was mentioned in any of the previews, so I don't know if we'll see him this arc or not.

ProphetofGanja
02-15-2017, 06:20 PM
I can't recall if Leatherhead was mentioned in any of the previews, so I don't know if we'll see him this arc or not.

No mention of him so far. The solicitations with the preview for the last issue of this arc should be out in the next few days. We'll be able to glean at least a little something about how this story will wrap up

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-15-2017, 06:38 PM
Bishop is smart. He learned from TCRI that mutants stick together and are loyal to a fault, and he knows from the incident at Null HQ that the Mutanimals are the most militant force to be reckoned with.

So he hijacks the most dangerous member of the most dangerous mutant group, and turns him against his friends. The Mutanimals are now pretty much off the board, leaving only two major mutant groups left: the Turtles, and the mutant-led Foot Clan. Easy choice: go after the Turtles next, who will be hampered by not wanting to kill their friend.

After the Turtles and the Mutanimals, you deal with the Foot. Only one mutant there. Or maybe you wrap up the odd independent mutants, Leatherhead and Alopex.

Bebop and Rocksteady aren't in the US right now, so worry about them later. And then, after everything else, go to war with the Null Group.

Bishop's strategy seems pretty damned sound to me. I'd be worried.

CyberCubed
02-15-2017, 06:44 PM
Hm, another thing, anyone noticed Leonardo didn't mention Null at all when talking about the threats they were facing? Bishop, the Pantheon, Utroms, and Leatherhead being around were mentioned, but nothing of Null. In fact Null has never really been brought up or mentioned in the main ongoing at all. The most we got is Bishop referencing the TCRI skirmish.

I wonder if whenever we get more into Null she'll just be relegated to the specials/Universe and never appear in the main series. Paul Allor has also written both her appearances so far, so maybe she will be just his character to write and do with as he sees fit.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-15-2017, 06:50 PM
Hm, another thing, anyone noticed Leonardo didn't mention Null at all when talking about the threats they were facing? Bishop, the Pantheon, Utroms, and Leatherhead being around were mentioned, but nothing of Null. In fact Null has never really been brought up or mentioned in the main ongoing at all. The most we got is Bishop referencing the TCRI skirmish.

I wonder if whenever we get more into Null she'll just be relegated to the specials/Universe and never appear in the main series. Paul Allor has also written both her appearances so far, so maybe she will be just his character to write and do with as he sees fit.

I don't think they see Null as a threat yet; the Mutanimals might not have briefed the Turtles on her deviousness and where Ray, Sally, and Seymour came from... as far as they (the Turtles) know, she's just an amoral foe like the Mutanimals and may not count as a threat.

Ninjinister
02-15-2017, 08:19 PM
God, that first panel with the Mutanimals, where they're all at peace, all content, even Hob... it just makes the rest of the book hurt that much more.

Utrommaniac
02-15-2017, 08:28 PM
And watching their little Jurassic Park movie...

oldmanwinters
02-15-2017, 08:36 PM
Kinda off subject, but...

I just now realized I read the IDW Turtle voices with the Nick-toon cast. For years, the 4Kids cast was in my head, but that scene where they are all loafing in the lair and Leonardo's heart-to-heart with Splinter seemed a perfect fit for Seth Green, Sean Astin, Rob Paulsen, and Greg Cipes. Splinter, on the other hand, seemed very much Mako's 2k7 version, especially with his moment of amusement to comfort and guide Leonardo. They almost even lifted the direct quote from the film: "How am I supposed to lead them if they don't want o be led?"

I definitely hear IDW Bishop as the 4Kids voice. Man, it's almost like they are the exact same character.

MikeandRaph87
02-15-2017, 09:28 PM

I just now realized I read the IDW Turtle voices with the Nick-toon cast. For years, the 4Kids cast was in my head, but that scene where they are all loafing in the lair and Leonardo's heart-to-heart with Splinter seemed a perfect fit for Seth Green, Sean Astin, Rob Paulsen, and Greg Cipes. Splinter, on the other hand, seemed very much Mako's 2k7 version, especially with his moment of amusement to comfort and guide Leonardo. They almost even lifted the direct quote from the film: "How am I supposed to lead them if they don't want o be led?"

I definitely hear IDW Bishop as the 4Kids voice. Man, it's almost like they are the exact same character.

Its odd because it did the opposite fir me. Thevwhoke bit on Mikevwanting to patrol like other super heroes sounds like 2093 Mike as Raph and Don's reaction to Leo especially in early season 4 of the 2003 cartoon.

oldmanwinters
02-15-2017, 09:37 PM
Its odd because it did the opposite fir me. Thevwhoke bit on Mikevwanting to patrol like other super heroes sounds like 2093 Mike as Raph and Don's reaction to Leo especially in early season 4 of the 2003 cartoon.

I think what does it on Don for me is his clear annoyance (especially with Mikey) and his incessant talking (very common of Paulsen Don when he gets excited or irritated). I read Cripes Mikey instead of 4Kids Mikey because it didn't involved an attempt at a joke or chuckle. And probably Astin Raph because of how happy he is to just loaf around and play with his pet (Spike, Chompy, Pepperoni, etc.); 4Kids Raph would probably be pushing for some action. Leo probably could be either version though.

Raph's Do-rag is hilarious too. Also, Pepperoni looks like she's getting kinda big... or at least kinda fat.

ChosenOne
02-15-2017, 09:51 PM
Everyone is so shaken by the events of this issue that we're not even thinking beyond what just happened, though I've had some time to process things and am just gonna go ahead and ask:

What will Slash be like after all this? I'm sure the others will be forgiving, considering the circumstances, but will he forgive himself? Methinks we're headed for another Alopex-on-the-run type of situation, and hey, how awesome (and heartbreaking) would it be if he found himself a kindred spirit in Leatherhead to commiserate with?

Also, what will the Mutanimals' lodgings be like long-term after this? Their place is compromised beyond repair and the EPF isn't just gonna roll over and die even if they fail this op... Might Hob be headed into a pact with Null? I've been theorising this for a while. After all, the arc is called Desperate Measures, and it can't just mean Hob going to the Turtles for help or viceversa. They've collaborated plenty of times before that it's just standard practice, and both families are on general good terms. If the shoe were on the other foot, I doubt Hob would deny them assistance, so... How desperate are these measures going to be, exactly? Hmm...

Exciting times ahead! As usual!

Oh, and the more I reread the bit when Slash comes into the apartment, the freakier and more horror movie-like it seems. He definitely wasn't the one to knock on the door, it had to be a Darkwater guy... Imagine hearing a (human) knock and going to answer, only to find that on the other side. :o Poor Lindsey, her reaction would be the most common of all in that situation.

Ninjinister
02-15-2017, 10:55 PM

For some reason I never even think about the "voice" for each of the characters (odd for me, I know), but I imagined each of the Turtles with their 2012 voices in this issue, too. Splinter was also the 2012 for me... but as soon as I got to any other character I don't think I thought of anything.

They were watching Tommy Boy. Prehistoric Forest is a location in that movie. They also reference the "Fat guy in a little coat" scene and David Spade is there on the TV.

Redeemer
02-15-2017, 10:56 PM
Did anyone notice all the Easter-Eggs in this issue. Such as the "Grapes of Wrath Book" or "Batman Comic" ?

This issue was a really amazing and pretty brutal. I can't wait to see how the rest of the arc unfolds.

Utrommaniac
02-15-2017, 11:15 PM
Grapes of Wrath wasn't exactly an Easter Egg though. It was pretty overt.

But yeah, Batman was there. And Spider-Man. And Blacksad. Mike's not picky.
He even outright seems to want to be a hero like Batman XD .

Redeemer
02-16-2017, 12:31 AM
Grapes of Wrath wasn't exactly an Easter Egg though. It was pretty overt.

But yeah, Batman was there. And Spider-Man. And Blacksad. Mike's not picky.
He even outright seems to want to be a hero like Batman XD .

:lol: No..... its an easter egg, a pretty damn funny one if you think about it. :lol:

Its an obvious joke/nod towards the 1st movie.
The Batman cover is even funnier with the Batman cross-over. HaHa :lol:

Harukuro
02-16-2017, 05:02 AM
Everyone is so shaken by the events of this issue that we're not even thinking beyond what just happened, though I've had some time to process things and am just gonna go ahead and ask:

What will Slash be like after all this? I'm sure the others will be forgiving, considering the circumstances, but will he forgive himself? Methinks we're headed for another Alopex-on-the-run type of situation, and hey, how awesome (and heartbreaking) would it be if he found himself a kindred spirit in Leatherhead to commiserate with?

I wouldn't say that; I think that after witnessing such extreme and unexpected actions it takes time to process all of the information.

In all honesty I'm more concerned about what will happen to Slash in this arc before we move onto the next. As indicated in the comic previews the TMNT are next on the EPF's list, which means that Slash will be going after Mikey. We all know that Slash cares a lot about Mikey, arguably even more than the Mutanimals, so if he hurts the person he first started to trust and sees as a hero...it will be devastating for him. :tcry: (Also, there's the matter of how they are going to get those metal nodes out of Slash's skull, if they even can)

I sincerely hope that Slash does not meet up with Leatherhead right after this arc, because that's the last thing the big guy needs after so much trauma, but with all the parallels between their characters, to the point that Hob brought it up, it would be ridiculous to assume that they won't meet sometime in the future.

But I will agree with you; things are going to change forever after this arc, and they probably aren't going to be good changes.

neatoman
02-16-2017, 05:58 AM
I guess the appearence of Batman comics more or less shatters any ambiguity of the crossover's canonicity.

AlessandraDC
02-16-2017, 07:41 AM
I think what does it on Don for me is his clear annoyance (especially with Mikey) and his incessant talking (very common of Paulsen Don when he gets excited or irritated). I read Cripes Mikey instead of 4Kids Mikey because it didn't involved an attempt at a joke or chuckle. And probably Astin Raph because of how happy he is to just loaf around and play with his pet (Spike, Chompy, Pepperoni, etc.); 4Kids Raph would probably be pushing for some action. Leo probably could be either version though.

Raph's Do-rag is hilarious too. Also, Pepperoni looks like she's getting kinda big... or at least kinda fat.

It was a mash-up of verses for me too in that scene where they are all arguing. Donnie definitely struck me as 2012 - too much caffeine if you ask me. Raph was definitely also more 2012 - he wants to embrace that little bit of peace for a minute. Mikey made me think of 2003 with his passion for crime fighting and helping the little guys (will we see a version of the Turtle Titan in IDW? lol) and Leo actually made me think of the 2016 movie where he has a similar rant about not being able to get his brothers to focus. I like that Splinter sort of laughs about it. It helps the reader to put things in perspective. Really all the brothers have valid points and Leo is a bit too stressed to acknowledge that.

ProphetofGanja
02-16-2017, 08:02 AM
I love how "New York" Raph comes off. I hear a very distinct Brooklyn accent whenever I'm reading his dialogue

ChosenOne
02-16-2017, 09:11 AM
I wouldn't say that; I think that after witnessing such extreme and unexpected actions it takes time to process all of the information.

In all honesty I'm more concerned about what will happen to Slash in this arc before we move onto the next. As indicated in the comic previews the TMNT are next on the EPF's list, which means that Slash will be going after Mikey. We all know that Slash cares a lot about Mikey, arguably even more than the Mutanimals, so if he hurts the person he first started to trust and sees as a hero...it will be devastating for him. :tcry: (Also, there's the matter of how they are going to get those metal nodes out of Slash's skull, if they even can)

I sincerely hope that Slash does not meet up with Leatherhead right after this arc, because that's the last thing the big guy needs after so much trauma, but with all the parallels between their characters, to the point that Hob brought it up, it would be ridiculous to assume that they won't meet sometime in the future.

But I will agree with you; things are going to change forever after this arc, and they probably aren't going to be good changes.

Good point, I hadn't considered the matter of removing the nodes. I did wonder, however, if it won't be Mikey who ultimately snaps Slash out of his brainwashed state, insofar as he even can be snapped out of it... We'll see.

Slash's PTSD being brought up wasn't by chance, I believe. His similarities to Leatherhead are numerous... It's a safe bet they will indeed meet and find common ground in the near future.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-16-2017, 09:47 AM
I agree, Slash might be the means of reaching Leatherhead.

Also, I'm fairly confident that the mutants will retreat to Burnow Island, entreating the Utroms and Honeycutt (and maybe Harold) to help with Slash. While Slash is treated, the Turtles will then be summoned to Dimension X for Krang's trial.

Calling it now. Check back in 3-5 months to see if I'm right or not!

Utrommaniac
02-16-2017, 10:16 AM
Also, Pepperoni looks like she's getting kinda big... or at least kinda fat.

Probably both. Protoceratops are roughly sheep-sized. And fro the way Raph has been feeding her, there's probably some extra girth.

Which is something to look forward to of the retreat to Burnow does happen. The Utroms would have MANY things to say about Pep's diet.

MikeandRaph87
02-16-2017, 10:20 AM
Ugh. Typing on a phone caused typos above.

So all of the Mutanimals are captured sans Hob. He somehow came to and got out. I suppose the cover was misleading?

Nice Batman reference.

Its odd,ChoosenOne. Slash already went off on his own (#54) seemingly on the shelf so him separating himself has already been done. I do agree that Hob will forgive him as he knows its not Slash's fault. Its possible the way that slash will see he needs them. Just being different for difference sake in the guess but it is possible.

Bobby said he did not consider Mondo and Herman regenerating which is why they were the injured ones. I assume Tom knew or are we going to have missing limbs for a prolonged period?

myconius
02-16-2017, 10:31 AM
This issue was pretty brutal! :o
Poor Slash, he just can't catch a break can he? He's probably one the characters with the saddest stories in IDW.
I'm sure Mondo and Herman will be fine in time, they'll grow their limbs back. But Mutagen Man, that guys in trouble! Hopefully he survives this ordeal, it'd be a shame for his character to be killed off, since he hasn't had much "screen time".

what made it even sadder was how adorable the scene in the very beginning was with Slash reading the book to Pigeon Pete's cousin Jimmy.

i really hope that Seymour will be ok!!! that was just awful! :tcry:

Mikey reading a Batman comic when this series had a non-canon crossover with Batman cracked me up. :lol:

that was absolutely TOOOOO PERFECT!!!!!! :lol:

... I liked the Leonardo/Splinter scenes the most. Splinter is not uncaring.

i really liked that scene too!!!
it was so awesome that Leo was able to turn to Splinter and was most welcome.
so funny how casual Leo and Jennika were greeting one another! :D

...and Leo actually made me think of the 2016 movie where he has a similar rant about not being able to get his brothers to focus.

i hate to admit it, but that very same thing rand out to me. i was waiting for Leo to say "Raph's brains are in his biceps" :lol:

i thought it was Jurassic Park as well, until the mentioned the "fat guy in a little coat" scene. :lol:

VUxOd4CszJ8

Mateus really captured the scene with David Spade perfectly! :D

ChosenOne
02-16-2017, 10:32 AM
Well, I noticed Herman lost his smaller claw instead of the big one (which usually spells death for hermit crabs due to an inability to feed, though there's no word on the effects it could have on anthropomorphic mutants) so there's still hope for him. Mondo's injury isn't life-threatening if treated right away, and I imagine the EPF will want to keep both them and Seymour alive, so they'll probably provide life support for the latter as well.

Funny how the Shredder, for all his blood feud-edness and need to take vengeance on the Hamato clan, was never this lethal and merciless in his tactics. He wasn't even able to track down the Turtles in a city he supposeddly controlled until Stockman came along... Which is to say, Bishop is a much more terrifying and resourceful villain. We need him on board for #100.

Utrommaniac
02-16-2017, 11:14 AM
OH poop, I didn't realize that was an actual thing :o ! Neat.

That's a good point though, Shredder's going to look like a cakewalk in comparison. He's pushing Krang levels of lethalness.

neatoman
02-16-2017, 11:15 AM
Is "Shevlin" a reference to something? I feel like it is but I don't know from where.

myconius
02-16-2017, 11:22 AM
OH poop, I didn't realize that was an actual thing :o ! Neat.

i had forgotten about this movie until the scene was mentioned in the comic :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-16-2017, 11:28 AM
i had forgotten about this movie until the scene was mentioned in the comic :lol:

Shame on you. SHAME ON YOU.

NEVER forget Tommy Boy.

myconius
02-16-2017, 11:38 AM
shame on you. Shame on you.

Never forget tommy boy.

hahahahaha!!!! X'D

MikeandRaph87
02-16-2017, 12:47 PM
I agree, Slash might be the means of reaching Leatherhead.

Also, I'm fairly confident that the mutants will retreat to Burnow Island, entreating the Utroms and Honeycutt (and maybe Harold) to help with Slash. While Slash is treated, the Turtles will then be summoned to Dimension X for Krang's trial.

Calling it now. Check back in 3-5 months to see if I'm right or not!

Tell me what will transpire in #71 and #72 between the two arcs?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-16-2017, 01:03 PM
Tell me what will transpire in #71 and #72 between the two arcs?

I dunno... that's a good point.

At SOME point, we have to see Bishop launching an assault against Burnow Island and the Utroms. But 2 issues is nowhere near enough time.

CyberCubed
02-16-2017, 01:16 PM
A 2-part breather story about anything would be fine. Would prefer to see more Leatherhead assuming he's not in this Bishop arc.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-16-2017, 01:35 PM
A 2-part breather story about anything would be fine. Would prefer to see more Leatherhead assuming he's not in this Bishop arc.

Could be 2 one-shots again; one focusing on Splinter and the Foot, one focusing on... I dunno... something...

ProphetofGanja
02-16-2017, 02:04 PM
Could be 2 one-shots again; one focusing on Splinter and the Foot, one focusing on... I dunno... something...

Coming Soon in issue #72: a day in the life of Woody the pizza guy! :lol:

oldmanwinters
02-16-2017, 02:20 PM
Coming Soon in issue #72: a day in the life of Woody the pizza guy! :lol:

Or what about a 2-issue flashback to "How the Turtles got Their Weapons?"

Weapons@theready
02-16-2017, 02:39 PM

How bout they tease a major 5 issue arc starting with #71 and then give us that 2-issue flashback:tgrumble:

oldmanwinters
02-16-2017, 02:46 PM
How bout they tease a major 5 issue arc starting with #71 and then give us that 2-issue flashback:tgrumble:

Some say, "history repeats itself!"

I'm fine with it, just so long as Brian Thomas pencils the art.

ChosenOne
02-16-2017, 02:47 PM
Remember when we got the solicit for the Universe issue with the Toad Baron last month? I have a feeling the solicit for #71, and the ensuing two-issue arc/two standalone issues, will throw us a similar curveball. We're riding along, everything seems safe narratively-speaking, and then BAM! Something unexpected pops out of left field. It could be Leatherhead, it could be an exodus to Burnow Island, it could be a brief return to the Pantheon storyline, it could be more setup for Trial of Krang, but it'll probably be something we're not even considering. Or all of those mashed together, really.

Redeemer
02-16-2017, 03:10 PM
I love how "New York" Raph comes off. I hear a very distinct Brooklyn accent whenever I'm reading his dialogue

I always hear 2k3 Vocie for Raph :lol:

Technogeek29
02-16-2017, 03:15 PM

For IDW Raph I imagine something more like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK7itpweSRg

ugh forgot how to do this. Look up Hiro for Big Hero 6

CyberCubed
02-16-2017, 03:18 PM
The Krang arc is probably going to resolve the Utroms on earth storyline. Most likely they'll find some alien planet suitable for the Utroms to live on and they'll move there. Krang will probably stand trial to serve life in prison or banishment to an isolated planet/asteroid like Krang in Archie or Ch'rell in 4kids. That along with whatever space adventures the Turtles have in it will be fun.

After that and Bishop ongoing now, the only major storylines still brewing is the Pantheon of course and that will likely continue all the way to issue 100.

What I like about IDW is all their former villains are becoming neutral or allies like Baxter, Karai/Koya/Bludgeon, Old Hob, Leatherhead eventually, maybe even Hun...so they don't have to deal with them causing trouble anymore. Bebop and Rocksteady are the only wild cards.

ChosenOne
02-16-2017, 03:24 PM
The Krang arc is probably going to resolve the Utroms on earth storyline. Most likely they'll find some alien planet suitable for the Utroms to live on and they'll move there. Krang will probably stand trial to serve life in prison or banishment to an isolated planet/asteroid like Krang in Archie or Ch'rell in 4kids. That along with whatever space adventures the Turtles have in it will be fun.

After that and Bishop ongoing now, the only major storylines still brewing is the Pantheon of course and that will likely continue all the way to issue 100.

What I like about IDW is all their former villains are becoming neutral or allies like Baxter, Karai/Koya/Bludgeon, Old Hob, Leatherhead eventually, maybe even Hun...so they don't have to deal with them causing trouble anymore. Bebop and Rocksteady are the only wild cards.

Bebop and Rocksteady became neutral in Archie, so there's always precedent if that happens. And really, how many times can IDW go to that well? While they'll always be entertaining characters, I feel like their best days as villains are now behind them. They always work best in a Shredder-led Foot clan, IMHO.

Bishop will probably also become an ally, though not for a long, long time, hopefully.

As for the Pantheon coming to a head in issue #100, I could see them lasting well beyond that point. #100 seems too soon to completely wrap up such a huge arc when we don't even know all the members of the family yet. I guess we'll see.

MikeandRaph87
02-16-2017, 03:57 PM

Not funny. :( It would signal an epic finale never to happen.

In all seriousness I view TMNTA as a 75 issue series and I am glad we know it will surpass 75 issues!

I am seriously concerned about Slash. If he is freed would he go back to how he was in #15 and #16? Need to find himself as soon as he seemed to? I am invested in any hint IDW eill give on his character.

ProphetofGanja
02-16-2017, 04:01 PM
Remember when we got the solicit for the Universe issue with the Toad Baron last month? I have a feeling the solicit for #71, and the ensuing two-issue arc/two standalone issues, will throw us a similar curveball. We're riding along, everything seems safe narratively-speaking, and then BAM! Something unexpected pops out of left field. It could be Leatherhead, it could be an exodus to Burnow Island, it could be a brief return to the Pantheon storyline, it could be more setup for Trial of Krang, but it'll probably be something we're not even considering. Or all of those mashed together, really.

You're probably spot-on about that, and honestly it would be nice to get another total surprise. We only have to wait a week at most to get some clues about how this arc will play out and then in a month we'll see what the in-between arc or standalone issues before the Trial of Krang arc will be about.

So basically "Splinter Burgles a Pawn Shop"?? :lol:

Bebop and Rocksteady became neutral in Archie, so there's always precedent if that happens. And really, how many times can IDW go to that well? While they'll always be entertaining characters, I feel like their best days as villains are now behind them. They always work best in a Shredder-led Foot clan, IMHO.

Bishop will probably also become an ally, though not for a long, long time, hopefully.

As for the Pantheon coming to a head in issue #100, I could see them lasting well beyond that point. #100 seems too soon to completely wrap up such a huge arc when we don't even know all the members of the family yet. I guess we'll see.

You know that at the first hint of Shredder returning or Karai leading an offshoot Foot Clan on her own Bebop and Rocksteady will be right back to their old ways. They're powerful dudes, but they have pretty weak personalities, at least in such a structured hierarchy

Utrommaniac
02-16-2017, 04:53 PM
We'll be finding out soon enough. We already have all the solicitations for Desperate Measures, so we'll be getting the next one probably later this month or the next.

ChosenOne
02-16-2017, 05:03 PM
You know that at the first hint of Shredder returning or Karai leading an offshoot Foot Clan on her own Bebop and Rocksteady will be right back to their old ways. They're powerful dudes, but they have pretty weak personalities, at least in such a structured hierarchy

Shredder maybe, Karai I'm not so sure. She didn't seem too fond of Bebop and Rocksteady, and now she has two (soon to be three) powerful, loyal and most importantly intelligent mutants of her very own... I just don't think she'd see the use for them.

And story-wise we've had them as part of the Foot, shown as unstoppable (#40 most of all), then successfully used to defeat each other, then on their own... What else is there for them to do, really?

Now Shredder is a whole 'nother different story, if the glimpse of the future in Turtles in Time is anything to go by. If he returns and dons that creepy mask, then we'll want a whole army of Bebop and Rocksteady clones, not just the two.

ToTheNines
02-16-2017, 05:28 PM
Holy ****ing ****! The whole issue I was just thinking how it's gonna be cool to have Slash be a villain for bit, then he goes a ****ing rampage. Rough stuff.

And Hob's face at the end gave me chills. This is definitely a highlight of the series.

Damn, didn't see this to be Bishop's plan.

The brothers bickering... honestly, could do without this. I like Leo's crisis of leadership, and I love that Donnie is once again the only one worried about the biggest threat (first Krang, now the Pantheon), but Raph and Mikey really shouldn't be THIS stupid. Like Raph's look, though.

TOMMY BOY!!!!

Oh DAMN. DAMN. Poor Gecko. :teek: :teek: :teek:

... Add Seymour and Herman to the "OH DAMN" list. :teek:

CARNAGE. :teek:

I dunno man, I can kinda see how Raph got there. He had a total meltdown in The War to Come. He's tired of always facing life threatening situations.

Lol, good one.

Cyndaquilfan123
02-16-2017, 10:13 PM
Finally popped this one open and I really enjoyed it. I just wish I didn't skip a bunch of issues for a while, because It seems I missed a lot. I'm still kind of confused on what the pantheon actually is.

Utrommaniac
02-16-2017, 10:32 PM
To be fair, we all only have the vaguest idea. Magic siblings with animal stuff that are in some kind of fight??? For what?

myconius
02-16-2017, 10:43 PM

For IDW Raph I imagine something more like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK7itpweSRg

ugh forgot how to do this. Look up Hiro for Big Hero 6

n4eKWA-hsqs

after playing this game enough times, i'll often here these voices as the turtles when i'm reading my IDW comics.

(the turtles come into the video about 2 minutes in)

funatic
02-16-2017, 10:52 PM
psyched to see Santolouco threw a Blacksad comic in there... and y'all thought Hob was the most badass anthropomorphic kitty in this book.

myconius
02-16-2017, 11:43 PM
I'm still kind of confused on what the pantheon actually is.

they are a family of immortals with godlike powers.
think of them as being similar to the Gods of Greek Mythology.

for their amusement they enjoy toying with mortals, and stake wagers on it like a competition.

DrSpengler
02-18-2017, 03:01 PM
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT #67 at TMNT Entity. (http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2017/02/tmnt-idw-67.html)

While the last issue left me a little cold, this one was intense. I like that we're seeing Bishop back in action so quickly. So many villains in the IDW series are plotters and waiters; it's refreshing to have a bad guy that hits hard and then hits AGAIN before the heroes can even get their senses back.

Ninjinister
02-18-2017, 03:05 PM
I do feel like the book could stand to benefit from a recap page or something instead of characters constantly telling each other things they already know.

MikeandRaph87
02-18-2017, 03:14 PM
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT #67 at TMNT Entity. (http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2017/02/tmnt-idw-67.html)

While the last issue left me a little cold, this one was intense. I like that we're seeing Bishop back in action so quickly. So many villains in the IDW series are plotters and waiters; it's refreshing to have a bad guy that hits hard and then hits AGAIN before the heroes can even get their senses back.

Agent Bishop is a plotter and waiter. He had Alex Winter observe Michelangelo, Raphael, and especially The Mutanimals for a few days before he brought back information to Agent Bishop. 'The War To Come' was his first fight but also like the observation, a trial and error. He now has what he needs. That is why it didn't take but a couple of weeks to figure out the best take down plan.

Mexiun
02-18-2017, 03:35 PM
Really hurt to see the Mutanimals get beat up like that, they were just chilling minding their own business like usual only to get their limbs ripped off and beat up by their best friend :(

I wonder what will happen to Slash, this is the second time he is being controlled and knowing that he is the cause of the Mutanimals to lose their limbs (and the one brain creature perhaps even dying?) and being taken hostage thanks to Slash will throw him over the edge.
Will he become a villian? I wonder what he'll do, maybe he will team up with Leatherhead and get their own spin-off comic lol.

It was fun to see that Leonardo still has contact with his father like that, and i liked seeing Splinter smile again after all that dark stuff he said and did in the previous arc, he seemed like his old usual self again :D

Guessing the Old Hob will try and find Leatherhead and basically "force" him to join up with him, or maybe he will visit the Turtles since they will definetly help him.
Seeing Old Hob looking like that at the end felt awful.

CyberCubed
02-18-2017, 03:41 PM
Well judging by the upcoming covers, some of the Mutanimals manage to break free like Ray, Sally and I think Pigeon Pete if I remember.

Mexiun
02-18-2017, 03:58 PM
Well judging by the upcoming covers, some of the Mutanimals manage to break free like Ray, Sally and I think Pigeon Pete if I remember.

Seriously, Pigeon Pete? :lol: :lol:
Would be funny if he is the one that broke the others free.

myconius
02-18-2017, 04:30 PM

i'm not sure if it's that they've actually broken free, or have been turned into brainwashed living weapons like Slash was?

Harukuro
02-18-2017, 06:57 PM
I can only hope that the Grapes of Wrath quote Slash read at the beginning of this issue is a good (?) sign of what happens to him in this arc.

"Nobody can't keep a turtle though. They work at it and work at it, and at last they get out and away they go - off somewheres"

MikeandRaph87
02-18-2017, 07:59 PM
i'm not sure if it's that they've actually broken free, or have been turned into brainwashed living weapons like Slash was?

That is what I am leaning towards as well. On #67's cover we see Slash in front of a wave of dark tinted water. Slash's eyes are possessed. I don't think that was emphasized on the cover preview. It appears to be suggesting Slash is under the government's control.

Just for fun, when will Alex Winter be turned into Agent Bishop's super soldier experiment? Its bound to happen eventually.

Also, to get this straight, the Earth Protection Force is a black ops executive agency which is to keep extra-normals in check. Whereas Dark Water is like a special force of the military? They blend together as an adversary under Agent Bishop it gets a little complex.

Utrommaniac
02-18-2017, 08:19 PM
I can only hope that the Grapes of Wrath quote Slash read at the beginning of this issue is a good (?) sign of what happens to him in this arc.

"Nobody can't keep a turtle though. They work at it and work at it, and at last they get out and away they go - off somewheres"

It's a downer book with a downer ending, I don't think it means good things. If anything, I might mean Slash going deeper into his figurative shell

Harukuro
02-18-2017, 08:46 PM
It's a downer book with a downer ending, I don't think it means good things. If anything, I might mean Slash going deeper into his figurative shell

:tcry: Once again: can this turtle please catch a break? *sighs deeply*

MikeandRaph87
02-18-2017, 09:11 PM
Possible Grapes of Wrath related spoiler...Tom sees Jim Casey killed by a rogue police officer and kills him in retaliation. Thus Tom has no committed manslaughter this time,but 2nd degree murder and goes on the run to fulfill Jim Casey's wish to organize a union for mill workers to stand against the government.

Could Slash be Tom Joad and if so who will be Jim Casey? Also would a death be involved or serious injury and that serious injury parallel what Slash did while the puppet of Agent Bishop?

Mutant Ninja Anole
02-21-2017, 10:48 PM
I haven't commented on this here, partly because there is so much I feel I could say but haven't had the time to write it out!

I'll try to briefly hit a few points:

I like what they are doing with Leo, and how he is, as always, the the older brother. I'm an older brother myself, and aside from blue being my favorite color, he always resonated with me as a kid. I found it interesting that a lot of fans (and some cartoon writers!) would voice dislike of him for...well those characteristics that I found admirable. He's an overachieving, more serious, more willing to listen to Splinter, which is what happens here.

With regards to Splinter, back in the issue 64 thread I made a rather rambling comment that Splinter's actions with the Foot made sense (to a degree) and would even be seen as acceptable in feudal Japan. The problem was that yesterdays feudal lord is today's crime boss, they really should be operating within the law.

...except this issue demonstrates that the law doesn't apply to them. The government has basically declared war on mutant via illegal black ops operations (I don't think I need a lawyer to say what Bishop is doing violates the Constitution and several local laws). Old Hob basically has had everything he believed about humanity confirmed. Why should mutants play by the rules of human society now? Print the shirts: Splinter was right.

That said...I actually find Bishop to be a very relatable punch clock villain. I don't find him to be mustache twirling in his actions, they make a very hard, cold sense of logic from his point of view. Mutants and aliens are popping up, the earth has been threatened with extinction, and corporations are using mutant hit men. Time to take action, hard and fast right?

I do still come back to the point of thinking the best move the mutants could make at this point though, is simply come out to the public and do a PR tour. The world grew up on E.T. and a host of sympathetic monsters in media. I have a hard time seeing how they couldn't get a huge amount of public support on their side, make millions in book deals and public appearances, and basically retire at 30. Bishop, Null, etc would have a lot harder time grabbing them if they are public figures.

Seriously guys, get on Instagram!

MikeandRaph87
02-26-2017, 04:48 PM
Any thoughts on parallels with The Grapes of Wrath and how it could predict the outcome of the 'Desperate Measures ' arc? Will Slash takeoff again, this time after a speech to Mike following a kill of a Dark Water agent that was justified after Slash breaks Bishop's control? Will Mike or Hob's life be at stake to lead to it? My enjoyment of the novel and the presumed parallels suggested by Slash reading the novel to Pete's family.