PDA

View Full Version : Official Episode Discussion S4 Ep 24: Tale of Tigerclaw

victory_angel
02-11-2017, 11:41 PM
Just a few hours before the newest episode of season 4.

This episode it looks as though we are finally getting Tigerclaw's backstory, and also being introduced to a new character by the name of Alopex.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s750x750/sh0.08/e35/16230268_713642928797620_3565904946920423424_n.jpg

Who is Alopex? What is her relation to Tigerclaw? And what does she want with those twin swords?

Redworld96
02-12-2017, 03:21 AM
Watched, but I prefer to talk about it once ir airs on Nick. Anyway, Tiger Claw and Alopex's story is really interesting.

Vicky82
02-12-2017, 03:34 AM
Great episode but it did have some strange moments in it, Splinter training the turtles while drunk :lol:

Alopex is awesome, hope we see more of her in season 5.

We find out Tiger Claw real name and I assume he killed there parents.

Poor Casey avoiding death a lot, it felt like I was watching a Final Destination movie :lol:

Shocking moment of the episode, Alopex cutting Tiger Claw's hand off and even seeing his decapitated hand onscreen.:o

Raph: He won't be able to clap anymore :lol:

MrTMNT2012
02-12-2017, 04:25 AM
Clever episode title. That's about it.

Otherwise, a complete waste of time.

Powder
02-12-2017, 04:28 AM
Intoxication, dismemberment, on Nickelodeon?! :tlol: Holy chalupas. The team really skirts around those censors, eh? Dope episode.

Vicky82
02-12-2017, 04:41 AM
Intoxication, dismemberment, on Nickelodeon?! :tlol: Holy chalupas. The team really skirts around those censors, eh? Dope episode.

Don't forget the drug addiction too, Tiger Claw getting high on catnip :lol:

MarsicornYT
02-12-2017, 05:26 AM
That was episode was absolutely amazing.
It looks like in the next episode or the one after the mighty mutanimals might be coming back because of the conversation with Mikey and Leo in the party waggon

Redworld96
02-12-2017, 07:27 AM
- T.C. said that Stockman has tried to stabilize Shredder’s mutation for months, so apparently months have passed since Darkest Plight.

- The turtles have been graduated to the next dan. Splinter says that there’s nothing to give them, but wisdom. That means that Splinter has finally teached them everything they need in terms of combat? Because you know …
it’s not necessary to be phisycally in a place to teach wisdom to someone …
https://68.media.tumblr.com/c426912001300bf6846f76adc1add245/tumblr_inline_ol9b3ujxrb1rbtpg9_540.png

- This was already said in the last episode, but Donnie confirms that now April’s power levels are augmented, but not as powerful as they were when she had the crystal. And apparently she has the ability to analyze people’s auras.

- And of course: Tiger Claw (Takeshi) and Alopex were actually humans, and siblings. They were experimented by Kraang for months. Their relationship was actually good. But Alopex discovered that Takeshi were responsible for what happened to their parents (I wanna know!!) and she is decided to take revenge. Takeshi insists that everything he wanted was to protect her from a world that doesn’t accept them (I can see a paralell with Shredder-Karai here).

oldmanwinters
02-12-2017, 07:32 AM

Don't forget the drug addiction too, Tiger Claw getting high on catnip :lol:

Very surprising to me as well. Also, curses.

pannoni1
02-12-2017, 07:39 AM
Well with the finale just ahead, this was a nice way to tell the most enriching story of Tigerclaw, and I find it ironic to see the circus given that Ringling Bros./Barnum & Bailey will soon have its last show. Sure, I saw the Casey curse coming from five minutes away after Splinter's Aura comments, but good to see how April comes through without being so over the top like in other episodes, and I like Alopex!

Show grade: 8/10

BubblyShell22
02-12-2017, 07:48 AM
Awesome episode. I love Alopex and her relationship to Tiger Claw. She is definitely fierce and not afraid to do whatever it takes to get revenge, even cutting off his hand! I loved the training session also and also felt like I was watching a Final Destination movie with all of the curse references and near misses. I couldn't believe they got away with showing Tiger Claw's decapitated hand on screen, but that was cool to see! Overall a very awesome episode and I hope we see more of Alopex in the future.

Aaronardo
02-12-2017, 08:31 AM
Audible sigh.

Where do I begin? This episode is way long overdue, so it already has that working against it. But that's nothing compared to all the things that this episode gets wrong, but the main problem can be simply put into a few words: this episode is way too crowded.

This is the backstory for Tiger Claw -- a character brand-new to this series. You have to make sure that it's good and/or hard-hitting. I like how Tiger Claw and Alopex both get to tell their sides of the story, but it just doesn't get enough time to set in or to be dramatic. I personally would've liked to see what Alopex's breaking-point was; what was Tiger Claw going to make her do that made her turn on him? What was their relationship actually like? As far as I can recall, the only times you saw these two interact is when they were fighting. One of the most important things you have to do as a writer is to make sure that the audience will care about characters that are fighting or are in some kind of conflict. This episode simply does not do that. You need to have these details if you're doing a backstory episode. It's crucial for tensions to be gradually increased for any sort of dramatic effect to be had. I guarantee Alopex would've been a more likable and interesting character and Tiger Claw's hand getting cut off would have seemed like a much more important event if the backstory was handled with more care or if they simply gave it more time.

And that's the main problem with this episode -- they simply didn't give it enough time. That's not at the fault of the 22-minute runtime of this episode, either. That's at the fault of including a rather stupid and pointless subplot involving Casey, which ends up taking the front seat for this episode anyway. I don't think I'm breaking anyone's heart when I say Casey is one of, if not the worst character in this show right now. The very last thing I want to see is a subplot greatly involving him overshadowing a potentially much better plot.

This is essentially my main point: if they took the pointless Casey subplot out of this episode and devoted the entire episode to simply the conflict between Tiger Claw and Alopex and how the Turtles get involved, we would've had a less-crowded episode, and we would've had a much better episode.

On top of the plot, there are other things, like the humor. I have to applaud Gavin Hignight for doing such a good job with the writing in the previous episode. I legitimately burst out laughing at many of the jokes. But now we're right back to square one with this episode. This episode has some of the lamest, groan-worthy material I've seen in this show in a good long time. Rocksteady beat-boxing, Casey's constant catchphrase shoutings, the stupid catnip joke that nobody has surely ever heard before, etc. The Casey subplot I just bad-mouthed did get a few chuckles out of me, but that's mostly because I hate this iteration of Casey, and the only time he's likable to me is apparently seeing him almost die multiple times. As soon as he was free of the curse, I was reminded how much I despise his character. As usual, I enjoy Rocksteady's Russian stereotype talking, but this episode did not do it for me at all in terms of humor.

And of course, there's the usual crap you get from a post-Season 2 episode, like the characters barely qualifying as being in-character, the stupid April psychic-powers bullsh*t, etc.

All in all, if you somehow read through this clusterf*ck of a post, my main point is this unnecessarily-crowded episode was a huge missed opportunity and a great big let-down after last week's gem.

GoldMutant
02-12-2017, 08:48 AM
Catnip? :ohwell:

Need to watch the episode past the intro, but wow...

ObiWanFan4life
02-12-2017, 08:52 AM
I liked it alot. I hope to see more Alopex in the future.

JH24
02-12-2017, 08:59 AM
Not a bad episode, but for some reason I actually enjoyed the Korean version (and voices, although English was also great) more for once, and that's probably because some things were somewhat odd/weird when hearing it in English.

The side-plot with Casey was too humorous and took too much away from the main plot, which now felt crowded and rushed. Like Aarnardo said, it needed more time to develop. The backstory about Alopex and Tigerclaw felt underdeveloped. We get what happened but how did it happen? And why? And for some reason I couldn't get fully into the feud. During the Korean episode that wasn't really a problem because you could fill in the gaps, but here it felt something was missing.

Rocksteady "beat-boxing" felt out of place as well.

Loved the training scene in the beginning though, that was well done.

Vicky82
02-12-2017, 09:00 AM
If the crew can get passed the censors and get away with cutting Tiger Claws hand off and showing the decapitated hand on screen, what to stop them from doing there own version of IDW issue 44 and have one of the turtles (not Donnie or Leo) get there shell smashed. :o

GoldMutant
02-12-2017, 09:14 AM
If the crew can get passed the censors and get away with cutting Tiger Claws hand off and showing the decapitated hand on screen, what to stop them from doing there own version of IDW issue 44 and have one of the turtles (not Donnie or Leo) get there shell smashed. :o

They did have a Turtle near death, it's called The Power Inside Her. Look how that worked out. :roll:

I don't think they'll kill a Turtle again; if they did, it'd be the same thing as that aforementioned episode.

Vicky82
02-12-2017, 09:37 AM
They did have a Turtle near death, it's called The Power Inside Her. Look how that worked out. :roll:

I don't think they'll kill a Turtle again; if they did, it'd be the same thing as that aforementioned episode.

I don't count that as a near death, because Donnie just disappeared into thin air.

I want to see a turtle with a physical wound/near death. I don't want to talk about it too much here because it includes a spoiler from the last 2 episodes but i'll talk about it more in the Korean thread.

VaughnMichael
02-12-2017, 10:44 AM
I loved this episode!
I can't believe they got away with so much.
Drunken Splinter and Alopex cutting off Tiger Claws arm at the end.:o
I have to wonder if he's going to become Verminator-X.

GoldMutant
02-12-2017, 10:55 AM
I don't count that as a near death, because Donnie just disappeared into thin air.

I want to see a turtle with a physical wound/near death. I don't want to talk about it too much here because it includes a spoiler from the last 2 episodes but i'll talk about it more in the Korean thread.

You got that with Leo in both Earth's Last Stand as well as The Invasion, part 2.

As for near death, then you'd have to deal with comments you brought up before:

I can actually see a lot of people complaining and crying over Donnie if he was missing for a few episodes. Their complaints would be like this:

"I didn't like this episode because of no Donnie"
"Donnie needs to come back now"
"I miss Donnie so much"
"It should be 4 turtles not 3"

Obviously that's the death route, but my point is at this point, what's the point of constant fake outs? Not withstanding spoilers from the upcoming episodes, but it's too monotone as a result of overusage. It's lost all luster for Donatello and especially Leonardo; I highly doubt they'd hurt Michelangelo for now due to him being the most marketable Turtle, Raphael maybe but the characterization of him makes it difficult to judge if it would work or not.

IndigoErth
02-12-2017, 11:03 AM
So Splinter just condoned drunkenness? And possibly as a fighting tactic? Um...

Finally a little backstory to Tiger Claw becoming am mutant, and I kind of like the Alopex as his sister angle, but agree there is a lot of undeveloped story there.

Did Splinter also suggest, rather unceremoniously while drunk, that he doesn't have anything more to teach them...?

Vicky82
02-12-2017, 11:04 AM
You got that with Leo in both Earth's Last Stand as well as The Invasion, part 2.

As for near death, then you'd have to deal with comments you brought up before:

Obviously that's the death route, but my point is at this point, what's the point of constant fake outs? Not withstanding spoilers from the upcoming episodes, but it's too monotone as a result of overusage. It's lost all luster for Donatello and especially Leonardo; I highly doubt they'd hurt Michelangelo for now due to him being the most marketable Turtle, Raphael maybe but the characterization of him makes it difficult to judge if it would work or not.

As I said I can't talk about this in this thread because it does contain spoilers from the last 2 episodes, use the Korean thread if you seen the last 2 episodes in Korean.

My idea of a near death wouldn't last longer than a few episodes, maybe a 2 part episode would be enough. season 5 will have multi part episodes.

GoldMutant
02-12-2017, 11:08 AM
As I said I can't talk about this in this thread because it does contain spoilers from the last 2 episodes, use the Korean thread if you seen the last 2 episodes in Korean.

Fair enough, just pointing out the initial comment. When it's a US release, it's fair game. :P

Redworld96
02-12-2017, 11:17 AM

I want to see a turtle with a physical wound/near death

I know it's something complicated and ambiguous, but for me being molecularly scattered = being dead
I mean, his body did BOOM! (my signature's picture can confirm it xD) and all his molecules went to nothing. And he would still be dead if April wouldn't have used the crystal.

Anyway, just like you, I still want to see TMNT IDW #44 happening in this show

Vicky82
02-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Fair enough, just pointing out the initial comment. When it's a US release, it's fair game. :P

I just want to say that Donnie in IDW wasn't missing for few issues, he 'died' in issue 44. Then we saw him in the spirit world talking to his mum and then his mind was transferred to Metalhead and all this happened in issue 45.

So a near death similar to that would be awesome for a 2 or 3 part episode.

LeotheLateBloomer
02-12-2017, 11:30 AM
I thought the episode was pretty good but not great, which I'm sure the next two episodes will be. I liked how Splinter drank and was still able to defeat Casey and his sons. The Casey plot wasn't bad but it didn't really add anything to the main plot. I would have liked some more details to the two backstories as I feel that both TC and Alopex greatly misunderstood each other. And the big scene of what Alopex did to her brother, I wanted to feel that moment and I applaud Nick for allowing this to be shown (not that I thought they would censor it) but despite that, I was thinking "why isn't this as awesome as I wanted it to be."

Good episode, though. Can't wait til next episode, though.:D

PApagreg
02-12-2017, 11:34 AM
Yeah kind of a bad episode, like Aaronado said the whole Casey subplot felt like unneeded padding for a story that should have been more emotionally powerful but feels like a fart in the long run and the whole superpowers stuff(with April telekinesis and Alopex's superspeed) didn't help matters. Also this feels like it should've been a season 3 episode where Tiger Claw had some sort of presence and status but here we are in season 4 where he is basically interchangeable from Xever or Rahzar.

MrTMNT2012
02-12-2017, 11:34 AM
For the first time in 5 years, I can't wait for next week's finale thread...

Everyone's reaction should be...interesting to say the least!

Vicky82
02-12-2017, 11:37 AM
For the first time in 5 years, I can't wait for next week's finale thread...

Everyone's reaction should be...interesting to say the least!

Actually the final is in 2 weeks, but yeah it will be interesting to see everyone's reaction next week :tevil:

TigerClaw
02-12-2017, 11:39 AM
I thought it was a great episode, Some of the action had those slow motion Quicksilver moments.

The episode also addressed the whole Alopex and Mona Lisa thing, Raph liked what she saw in Alopex, But thinks Mona Lisa is better, So there's your answer, Nick TMNT Raph is 100% on Mona Lisa.

MrTMNT2012
02-12-2017, 11:57 AM
Actually the final is in 2 weeks, but yeah it will be interesting to see everyone's reaction next week :tevil:

Ahh damn.

But isn't the UK version out next week for Owari? And wouldn't that mean it would be available on ITunes?

Vicky82
02-12-2017, 12:02 PM
Ahh damn.

But isn't the UK version out next week for Owari? And wouldn't that mean it would be available on ITunes?

We get Owari on the 25th February, a day before the US does.

Tokka vs The world aired today, Tale of Tiger Claw on 18th and Requiem on the 19th (the same day as the US)

We get the episodes on ITunes a few hours after they aired on tv.

drgon78
02-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Good episode, like the rest this season.

MrTMNT2012
02-12-2017, 12:06 PM
We get Owari on the 25th February, a day before the US does.

Tokka vs The world aired today, Tale of Tiger Claw on 18th and Requiem on the 19th (the same day as the US)

We get the episodes on ITunes a few hours after they aired on tv.

I see.

Can't wait to hear all the intense screaming and battle crying in English on Feb 25th! :tgrin:

IndigoErth
02-12-2017, 12:08 PM
The episode also addressed the whole Alopex and Mona Lisa thing, Raph liked what she saw in Alopex, But thinks Mona Lisa is better, So there's your answer, Nick TMNT Raph is 100% on Mona Lisa.
Possible she's also too old for him anyhow. Hard to guess with her, she feels like the younger sibling, but Tiger Claw has more of a 30+ vibe imo.

So if we finally got an adult female mutant in her, awesome. (Too bad she might not be around much beyond this, if at all.)

TigerClaw
02-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Possible she's also too old for him anyhow. Hard to guess with her, but Tiger Claw has more of a 30+ vibe imo.

So if we finally got an adult female mutant in her, awesome. (Too bad she might not be around much beyond this, if at all.)
Hopefully we'll see more of Alopex soon, She was bad ass, plus I liked that she's a speedster, I think she would make an excellent member of the mutanimals.

OrokuYoshiFilms
02-12-2017, 12:30 PM
Alcohol? Severed limbs? Crazy...

Meh episode. Enjoyed seeing Alopex in the show now...

TigerClaw
02-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Alcohol? Severed limbs? Crazy...

Meh episode. Enjoyed seeing Alopex in the show now...
It was funny hearing Master Splinter talking while drunk. :tlol:

CyberCubed
02-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Clever episode title. That's about it.

Otherwise, a complete waste of time.

LOL, a post like this and you say you're not trolling? This episode gave backstory to one of the main villains, introduced a new character like Alopex and had the villains arm chopped off which will directly affect Tiger Claw's character going forward.

Some of the jokes did fall flat, but otherwise all the story elements made up for it.

TigerClaw
02-12-2017, 12:37 PM
LOL, a post like this and you say you're not trolling? This episode gave backstory to one of the main villains, introduced a new character like Alopex and had the villains arm chopped off which will directly affect Tiger Claw's character going forward.

Some of the jokes did fall flat, but otherwise all the story elements made up for it.
and TigerClaw will have a metal hand when we get to the episode where he summons the demon dragon.

Vicky82
02-12-2017, 12:40 PM

There were other things as well, Takeshi is Tiger Claws real name, Tiger Claw possibly killed there parents, Alopex probably forced to kill people.

So I don't know why people are complaining that weren't much stuff between Alopex and Tiger Claw, we still got season 5 yet.

CyberCubed
02-12-2017, 12:41 PM
There were other things as well, Tiger Claw possibly killed there parents, Alopex probably forced to kill people.

So I don't know why people are complaining that weren't much stuff between Alopex and Tiger Claw, we still got season 5 yet.

It's just the usual trolls, I have no idea why they hang out in the Nick section to bash a show they clearly don't enjoy. And saying episodes that are actually plot-oriented as a "waste of time" shows they don't know what they want.

oldmanwinters
02-12-2017, 12:42 PM
It was a small thing, but I really liked the camera capturing all the chaotic antics when Casey was running towards the mystic blade. Raphael sacrificially leaping to take a bullet for him, Michelangelo playing the role of blocker, explosions and laser blasts all around him... it reminded me of something out of a war movie... or at least a slow motion football run/tackle sequence.

matteso586
02-12-2017, 12:44 PM
It appears that April has premonition powers now.

And before any of you users bring up what Tiger Claw said in his debut episode, Brandon Auman said on Instagram that he may have fibbed about the rival's gender.

ToTheNines
02-12-2017, 12:45 PM
A metal hand, the greatest sign of character development there is!

I actually really enjoyed this episode for the great action (TigerClaw and Alopex in Chinatown) and humor (Boozing Splinter). But Aaronardo laid it out pretty well. They left out way too much detail of their falling out. Pretty big mistake for an episode coming 2 years late.

But hey, we do know Alopex is coming back in season 5. Still time to clear all this up.

CyberCubed
02-12-2017, 12:47 PM
I do agree this ep should have happened back in Season 3 at least. Would have been nice to have Alopex around earlier in the series too.

Also with Alopex being brown now she's even more of a Ninjara expy than she was before.

MrTMNT2012
02-12-2017, 12:56 PM

Thank you for summarising what happened. I did in fact watch it myself but I appreciate your recap. :tsmile:

Unfortunate that none of what happened was done well or engaging. It suffered from the BAD Michael Bay and Last Airbender (movie) syndrome where a lot of things 'happen' but aren't delved deep into. We call it chess piece storytelling.

Why did Tiger Claw do the things he did in his backstory? Why should we care now that Alopex is back when there are way more important plot threads such as Turtles Vs Super Shredder?

What the f#ck was the point of Casey being cursed?

And exactly how is Tiger Claw getting his arm cut off going to affect his CHARACTERISATION moving forward? Not sure what his "Lesson" was there...

None of this actually matters, even if it isn't filler, which is why this episode was a complete waste of time.

Vicky82
02-12-2017, 12:57 PM
I wonder if Tiger Claw will lose a leg next season, he could be this version of 2K3 Baxter Stockman :lol:

CyberCubed
02-12-2017, 01:07 PM
Why did Tiger Claw do the things he did in his backstory? Why should we care now that Alopex is back when there are way more important plot threads such as Turtles Vs Super Shredder?

Why did Tiger Claw do the things in his backstory? If you're referring to why Tiger Claw/Alopex started hating each other, it's most likely going to be expanded upon during Alopex's next appearance.

If you're referring to everything else like them joining the circus and then becoming assassin's, that was all well explained. They were outcasts among society, and did the only thing mutants can do.

What the f#ck was the point of Casey being cursed?

A fun subplot for comedy.

And exactly how is Tiger Claw getting his arm cut off going to affect his CHARACTERISATION moving forward? Not sure what his "Lesson" was there...

Are you joking? A character gets his arm chopped off and you're wondering if that will affect his character going forward? Of course his personality/character is going to be affected by it, as are his and Alopex's next meeting.

TigerClaw
02-12-2017, 01:08 PM
There were other things as well, Takeshi is Tiger Claws real name, Tiger Claw possibly killed there parents, Alopex probably forced to kill people.

Now we know TigerClaw's real name, But I don't remember if Alopex's real name was mention?

Vicky82
02-12-2017, 01:09 PM

I could spoil it for you if you want :lol:

Now we know TigerClaw's real name, But I don't remember if Alopex's real name was mention?

No he just called her Alopex

oldmanwinters
02-12-2017, 01:10 PM
I was surprised Alopex didn't just cut off his hand, but seemingly took off almost everything below his shoulder. Her blades must be plenty sharp to be able to make that deep a cut in one motion. Or maybe she's just that good?

Vegita-San
02-12-2017, 01:16 PM
perfect example of the shows weird writing..

It starts off with a drunken splinter of all things, trying to teach some odd lesson about ingenuity.

It gets completely forgotten about until the end, and only to show that splinter was right and casey had none to go on, and the others needed to help him along.

what was the point of that? casey didn't come away with any lesson learned.

and then at the end it goes all serious on us and violent to boot.

feels like two different people writing one show.

heh, i also saw they changed the intro again, something i usually skip. Shigami (sp) is in it..someone set up to be this big bad... but after three or so appearances, she's gone and it's like she was never there...

ugh..this show.

MrTMNT2012
02-12-2017, 01:17 PM
I could spoil it for you if you want :lol:

No he just called her Alopex

I've seen the leaked episodes.

Nothing changed. It's the same as him getting his tail cut off, it serves no purpose for his actual character beside a grudge against Alopex.

Now they basically done the same thing, except this time it literally has zero effect on his character OR character dynamic with Alopex.

Even if it did, once again I have to reiterate : WHO GIVES A SH!T? Alopex is a complete non-factor as of current plot threads.

CyberCubed
02-12-2017, 01:18 PM
It starts off with a drunken splinter of all things, trying to teach some odd lesson about ingenuity.

Do you have any idea of what you're talking about? The drunken battle master is a real combat technique, it's used all the time in real life, karate films and fighting videogames like Mortal Kombat. :lol:

Just because you're ignorant of what that was, doesn't mean the rest of us are.

and then at the end it goes all serious on us and violent to boot.

feels like two different people writing one show.

Or maybe you can't comprehend this show has always mixed humor with subtle darkness since the beginning.

TigerClaw
02-12-2017, 01:29 PM
I was surprised Alopex didn't just cut off his hand, but seemingly took off almost everything below his shoulder. Her blades must be plenty sharp to be able to make that deep a cut in one motion. Or maybe she's just that good?
Also remember that she being a speedster managed to do it quickly.

Ashwolf
02-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Or maybe you can't comprehend this show has always mixed humor with subtle darkness since the beginning.

sometimes, trying to put elements of humor into a dark, serious episode just ruins the whole mood of the episode...

thinking back on it, thats probably why i dont view the season 3 finale as being that great overall, dont get me wrong, its a good episode but doesnt have any spark like some other episodes

drag0nfeathers
02-12-2017, 01:51 PM
Being a huge fan of Alopex from IDW I was bummed I had to work today just as it started and still haven't watched it. Nonetheless I had to drop in and read some spoilers here.

Sounds like a pretty interesting episode from what I've read here thus far! I get out of here in a couple hours and my DVR awaits. I swear if the blizzard we are having screws up my recording there will be hell to pay. I'm really excited to watch it even with the clashing reviews and I'm 95% sure I'll greatly enjoy it. Even if it had some comedy elements, Nick probably has to keep some of that in there to skirt around the fact they apparently showed Tiger Claw get his hand chopped off... A dash of silliness to counter the serious shock and awe so they can keep showing us decent episodes that don't get ripped off the air for giving 7 year olds nightmares but still keep us adults entertained. :trazz:

As for the lack of story development... I can't expect much squashed into one episode. Hopefully they delve more deeply into the history of Alopex later, but chances are good they won't and they will leave that for the audience to imagine on their own.

ssjup81
02-12-2017, 02:02 PM
I've seen the leaked episodes.

Nothing changed. It's the same as him getting his tail cut off, it serves no purpose for his actual character beside a grudge against Alopex.

Now they basically done the same thing, except this time it literally has zero effect on his character OR character dynamic with Alopex.

Even if it did, once again I have to reiterate : WHO GIVES A SH!T? Alopex is a complete non-factor as of current plot threads.It's still interesting.

Before getting all messed up due to the Wormquake ep, Tigerclaw was more "honorable". After that, he wasn't so much. He even attacked a blind man. I couldn't see him doing that when debuting.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this, to see if he becomes more corrupted given his being around Shredder, and wanting revenge. I want to know if he killed his parents, based on what Alopex said.

MrTMNT2012
02-12-2017, 02:04 PM
It's still interesting.

Before getting all messed up due to the Wormquake ep, Tigerclaw was more "honorable". After that, he wasn't so much. He even attacked a blind man. I couldn't see him doing that when debuting.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this, to see if he becomes more corrupted given his being around Shredder, and wanting revenge. I want to know if he killed his parents, based on what Alopex said.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! :tsmile:

ssjup81
02-12-2017, 02:07 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed it! :tsmile:At least I'm willing to wait and see what happens. We still have season 5. Pretty sure Alopex will return.

MrTMNT2012
02-12-2017, 02:15 PM
At least I'm willing to wait and see what happens. We still have season 5. Pretty sure Alopex will return.

I am legitimately excited for Season 5. It actually has the potential to surpass Season 1 considering the implications of the Season 4 finale...

Same reason why I loved the Season 3 opener and why I think it's one of the best episodes because it delt with the consequences of the Season 2 finale...

Of course it all fell apart later with the inclusion of Kraang, Triceratons and the other Mutants but that's advantage of Season 5; it doesn't have ANY of that thank god.

IndigoErth
02-12-2017, 02:16 PM
The new handicap, probably making him less useful to Shredder, and the stress of always having to watch his back because he has a sister who wants to destroy him piece by piece?

drag0nfeathers
02-12-2017, 02:25 PM
I kind of always had this lingering feeling Tiger Claw's "honorable" side would cause him to betray Shredder... especially after Shredder pretty much let his desire for revenge outweigh saving the planet when he stabbed Splinter in the back directly before the Space saga began resulting in all of their deaths. I thought Tiger Claw's reaction in that single moment was going to spark a new side to him, foreshadowing the possibility that he perhaps would attempt to overthrow Shredder...

Vicky82
02-12-2017, 03:37 PM
From Eric Bauza twitter account.

(it's very big so had to put it under spoilers)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4fbSC1VMAETLif.jpg

:lol:

redsai4lex
02-12-2017, 03:40 PM
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/RedXander/ee2284db-e100-4333-bdff-160b5e73c049.png (http://s327.photobucket.com/user/RedXander/media/ee2284db-e100-4333-bdff-160b5e73c049.png.html)

Does anyone else think this just might be an easter egg for "The Catwoman from Channel 6" episode??

ToTheNines
02-12-2017, 03:44 PM
Another easter egg: Bebop called TC "Katmandu" during the second act.

Vicky82
02-12-2017, 03:45 PM
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/RedXander/ee2284db-e100-4333-bdff-160b5e73c049.png (http://s327.photobucket.com/user/RedXander/media/ee2284db-e100-4333-bdff-160b5e73c049.png.html)

Does anyone else think this just might be an easter egg for "The Catwoman from Channel 6" episode??

Lol I did wonder why Tiger Claw has a picture of a cat woman.

Did any else catch the Tony the Tiger reference, Raph said "Back off Tony" :lol:

CyberCubed
02-12-2017, 03:45 PM
I'm surprised nobody pointed out that Raph called Tiger Claw, "Tony," as in Tony the Tiger from Frosted Flakes cereal. "They're GRRRRRREEEEEAT!"

Vicky82
02-12-2017, 03:50 PM
I just did :lol:

Also there was the The Guardians of the Galaxy mixtape reference.

Powder
02-12-2017, 03:51 PM
It was a maaaad funny episode, there's no denying that.

Vegita-San
02-12-2017, 04:17 PM
sometimes, trying to put elements of humor into a dark, serious episode just ruins the whole mood of the episode...

thinking back on it, thats probably why i dont view the season 3 finale as being that great overall, dont get me wrong, its a good episode but doesnt have any spark like some other episodes

and they could have had a whole running gag about casey not knowing when to intuitively do something. instead, nope. they focused on the bad luck and only brouht the lesson thing on at the end.

this show has attention deficit disorder

VaughnMichael
02-12-2017, 04:26 PM
I think he's heading more this direction.
http://ru.wikifur.com/w/images/thumb/1/1c/TMNTAdventures-43page07.jpg/430px-TMNTAdventures-43page07.jpg

Allio
02-12-2017, 04:45 PM
For an episode with a drunk splinter and mutilation, it couldn't keep my interest

Alopex with super really made her uninteresting

Vegita-San
02-12-2017, 04:46 PM
yeah. i don't see why apolex needed super speed either. Tiger Claw just has skill.

Ursalink
02-12-2017, 04:52 PM
I saw the episode. I have to say, seeing Tiger Claw's arm cut gave me the creeps at all levels. But there's something really weird here. Apolex cut a big piece of meat from him, how is it possible there was no blood? TV censorship? If they were not to follow reality, then they shouldn't have shown the scene like this.

oldmanwinters
02-12-2017, 05:01 PM

Another easter egg: Bebop called TC "Katmandu" during the second act.

Lol I did wonder why Tiger Claw has a picture of a cat woman.

Did any else catch the Tony the Tiger reference, Raph said "Back off Tony" :lol:

I was greatly amused by the Katmandu and Tony the Tiger references, but I guess I hadn't thought about the weird cat-lady picture being a shout-out to "The Cat Woman from Channel Six." Anybody asked Ciro or Brandon or crew on Twitter?

And I must admit, I appreciated Bebop's little moment of compassion to Tigerclaw commenting "we'll get you fixed up." Considering how much Tigerclaw seems to despise Bebop and Rocksteady (even in this episode) I thought it was almost sweet. Bebop also helped Tigerclaw out earlier in the episode when he landed that projectile attack on Alopex while she was fighting on the roof and allowed Tigerclaw to deliver a big hit.

I was always a big fan of Bebop's childlike personality in the Fred Wolf show, and I'm a big fan of him in the Nick show too. The guy may be a villain, but he's a lot of fun.

CyberCubed
02-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Alopex's speed was a nice touch, it helped stand her out a bit more than just another mutant.

and they could have had a whole running gag about casey not knowing when to intuitively do something. instead, nope. they focused on the bad luck and only brouht the lesson thing on at the end.

this show has attention deficit disorder

Or maybe you do.

It's amazing that simple subplots in the Nick show fly over your head.

TigerClaw
02-12-2017, 05:13 PM
I think he's heading more this direction.
http://ru.wikifur.com/w/images/thumb/1/1c/TMNTAdventures-43page07.jpg/430px-TMNTAdventures-43page07.jpg
I wouldn't be surprise if that be the case, Half mutant tiger half cyborg.

ColinStein
02-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Splinter is a light weight. I'd love to be drunk in one gulp.

@Vicky82: HA!

Coola Yagami
02-12-2017, 06:31 PM
I saw the episode. I have to say, seeing Tiger Claw's arm cut gave me the creeps at all levels. But there's something really weird here. Apolex cut a big piece of meat from him, how is it possible there was no blood? TV censorship? If they were not to follow reality, then they shouldn't have shown the scene like this.

1. No blood cause it's kids a cartoon and all that. I wouldn't call it censorship because that's how it was made, there isn't an uncut version with blood spraying everywhere.

2. Tiger Claw is still an animal of sorts. There's an unwritten rule of censorship where you can do such things to monsters or creatures as long as they're not human or look human. There's no way you'd ever see them cut April or Casey's hand off.

ssjup81
02-12-2017, 06:45 PM
yeah. i don't see why apolex needed super speed either. Tiger Claw just has skill.*points to her forehead plate*:P

CyberCubed
02-12-2017, 06:47 PM
Alopex actually reminded me of a Sonic the Hedgehog character with the speed, especially with her being a furry. :lol:

Coola Yagami
02-12-2017, 06:48 PM
*points to her forehead plate*:P

That forehead plate reminded me of naruto.

ssjup81
02-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Alopex actually reminded me of a Sonic the Hedgehog character with the speed, especially with her being a furry. :lol:

That forehead plate reminded me of naruto.I was focusing on what was written on it...風入. It pretty much means entering the wind, so it's indicating that she's as fast and as swift as the wind. Her being fast makes sense based on that.

lonewarrior20
02-12-2017, 08:38 PM

i definitely think she'd give sonic a "run" for his money.

Optimus Primer
02-12-2017, 09:02 PM
i definitely think she'd give sonic a "run" for his money.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/224973/fiskersrimshot_medium.jpg :D

I liked this ep. Thought Alopex was cool enough, and I'm excited to see what happens to TC moving forward. Also loved Splinter pulling a Bo Rai Cho from MK. :tgrin:

DVD
02-13-2017, 03:10 AM
That was a whole bunch of fun.
Drunken Splinter was hilarious. Loved Mikey backing off so as not to be puked on!!
A bunch of laugh out loud moments. My fave was calling TigerClaw - Tony !!
Of course, I was surprised that they did what they did to 'Tony'. Didn't see that coming, let alone the clapping gag, which was real funny.

Prototype
02-13-2017, 07:34 AM
Splinter can't handle his sake or just pretending to be drunk?

Weird anyhow..

Then came the shocker..

She cut his arm right off? WTF!? I thought she just gave him a cut!

Tarris Vaal
02-13-2017, 07:52 AM
My fave was calling TigerClaw - Tony !!

That did make me smile as well :) It was such a quick quip I wondered if anyone else had noticed!

1. No blood cause it's kids a cartoon and all that. I wouldn't call it censorship because that's how it was made, there isn't an uncut version with blood spraying everywhere.

Budget cuts

THGhost
02-13-2017, 08:16 AM
My Internet was down last night so I haven't been able to post my thoughts on this episode until now.

"What is matter with kitty-cat man?"
Drunken Master!
The lip-sync in this episode feels a little... off, in places.
I haven't started the IDW comics yet so I don't know who Alopex is yet. She seems cool. Reminded me of Sly Cooper at first.
I'm really getting tired of Bebop's Michael Jackson impression now.
"Erl Abay"?
Interesting backstory for Tiger Claw.
"Back off me, brah."
Sibling rivaly, y'all!
Defeated by a Mouser. That's just embarrassing.

Tarris Vaal
02-13-2017, 08:52 AM
Has anyone else noticed that when Bebop sees Alopex through his scope, it gives her a stat line in the lower right side corner?

Att 55
Def 59
Hp 76/150
Bat 230

Seems like that hit from Casey hurt more than it looked.

I'm wondering if this is a reference to anything else? She isn't in any computer games I'm aware of and the only board game with her in doesnt use stats like that. Any ideas?

Penst0ck
02-13-2017, 12:13 PM
Splinter can't handle his sake or just pretending to be drunk?

Maybe he pre gamed before training. :lol:

Vicky82
02-13-2017, 04:05 PM
ZiwHoKTlsmM

I like his reaction to Drunken Splinter and Tiger Claws hand getting cut off.

I can't wait for his reaction for Requiem

oldmanwinters
02-13-2017, 05:02 PM
Has anyone else noticed that when Bebop sees Alopex through his scope, it gives her a stat line in the lower right side corner?

Att 55
Def 59
Hp 76/150
Bat 230

Seems like that hit from Casey hurt more than it looked.

I'm wondering if this is a reference to anything else? She isn't in any computer games I'm aware of and the only board game with her in doesnt use stats like that. Any ideas?

Haha, what a great observation! Anybody got a screencap of it?

THGhost
02-13-2017, 05:16 PM
Oooh, I'm liking Alopex's arctic look in the IDW comics. Looking forward to finally starting them.

I'm glad Andre cleared up what happened with Tiger Claw. I couldn't quite tell that his arm was cut off. That's nasty!

I gotcha covered, oldmanwinters:

http://i.imgur.com/xbg4RVe.jpg

ssjup81
02-13-2017, 05:39 PM
Okay, finally here to give my full opinion on this episode. First of all, I thought it was an okay episode. It had a nice balance of humor and seriousness for my tastes, I guess. I will admit, that I can understand people feeling that the subplot that shoehorned the Turtles into this story was a bit crowding, but that was the point. They had to get them involved in some way. Think about it. Alopex is super fast. If she would’ve just stolen the swords and taken off, I doubt they would’ve pursued her, given to how difficult it would’ve been. With something on the line, Casey’s (and to an extent, the others) life, they had more of a reason to try and find her. That was the only way, for the way the story was set up, for them to get to meet with her and, in a way, sympathize with her.

Speaking of Alopex, I liked her. I know she’s not an arctic fox and apparently not like her IDW counterpart, but she was cool to me. She’s true ninja. lol That speed and stealth, awesome! She still reminds me of Ninjara, though, and this episode just made me feel even more that they originally wanted to use her but couldn’t get the rights to her, and settled on Alopex. Nick seems to be going out of its way to avoid using IDW characters in the current show, so using Alopex feels like an odd choice. So yeah, I strongly feel they originally wanted Ninjara.

Tigerclaw and Alopex’s backstory was pretty sad, but it still feels like something is being purposely left out. Tigerclaw mentioned that he did the things that he did for both their sakes. Alopex was pretty much saying that she was forced into. Alopex seemed to imply that Tigerclaw was either responsible for or killed their family, or parents at least. If this is so, why? What fully caused their clash asides from that? I’m going to assume that at some point season 5 will revisit this.

I was surprised that they showed Tigerclaw’s hand getting cut off in the way that it was. Surprised it got past the censors.

April picking up on aura stuff now…don’t know why that bothered me. I think that would be better suited for Leo for some reason. Who knows. I don’t mind her sixth sense kicking in as that was established back in season 1 that she’d “always” had feelings about things, but to see aura? Guess that’s too much for me. Just her saying she has a feeling she can’t explain pertaining to Casey, would’ve suited me fine…not that he has bad juju, that feels more Leo or Mikey’s territory….maybe more so Mikey.

Alcohol and drugs…lovely. lol Seeing Splinter drunk just completely threw me. I so was not expecting that! lol His badass, “Maybe I don’t need a sword” was funny and it was interesting to finally see Casey in on one of their sparring sessions with Splinter. The foreshadowing is just slapping you in the face by this point. Anyway, his drunken style…I noticed that quite a few of the moves resembled Jackie Chan’s in Drunken Master 2, especially the part with Donnie. IMO, I think Splinter was drinking before he started the training session.I’ve never seen someone get that drunk so fast. lol Was I the only one imagining what Splinter could’ve been saying when shaking the others around. “Why did that (insert expletive here) ruin my life! He took my daughter away! He took Teng Shen away! I like to (insert something surprising that you couldn’t imagine a character like Splinter’s being into).” lol I dunno, would’ve been interesting if he started sprouting some nonsense, like, “While you guys are asleep, I sneak out to the casinos in Jersey”…I dunno. lol

Oh that truck driver. I think we can infer from his scene that be was drinking and driving before hitting Casey and the others. “Drinking is bad, mmmkay.” lol

Oh, nice throwback to the Deadly Venom. Would’ve liked it more if Casey would’ve mentioned how he was poisoned instead of just thinking it and would’ve said, without thinking, “Her kiss was great…” in a dreamy way only because I would like to see how the others would’ve reacted. lol I’m sure it would’ve been funny to see, especially Leo’s.

Oh yeah, back to Tigerclaw having his arm severed and getting high…I bet he’ll be sniffing even more to deal with the pain. lol Poor Tigerclaw. lol No eye, part of an ear, no tail, has been kicked or hit in the balls a lot (Casey’s done it, April’s done it, Karai has), and now no arm. Poor “Tony”…sucks he can’t “clap” anymore. Man I love Raph’s lines. They’re always a treat to listen to.

So, not much else I can say. Like I said, I really did like this episode, learning more about Tigerclaw, and the introduction of Alopex, but liked last week’s episode a bit more. It would definitely rank high in my season 4 list, though, if I ever decide to sit down and try to make one. ^^

Ashwolf
02-13-2017, 06:22 PM
not sure if anyone else noticed it but during the training session, mikeys showy moves felt like it was a nod toward ninja tribunal when mikey was showing off while fighting the wooden manikin

TurtleTitan97
02-13-2017, 06:24 PM
Just finished the episode. Geez, I did not see that ending coming. Kinda surprised Nick would allow showing TC's hand getting cut off.

TigerClaw
02-13-2017, 08:45 PM
I hope this is as far as the show goes with the mutilation of characters, It can be quite too much, and to the point it can get annoying.

The last time we had something like this was with the 2003 series, When Baxter Stockman kept getting mutilated after certain episodes, Then all that was left of him was a brain in a jar.

I think the show will jump the shark, if at some point TigerClaw ends up being a half mutant tiger, half cyborg.

ranger_scout
02-13-2017, 09:49 PM
I liked that we got to see some of Tiger Claw's backstory. It only took me a couple of minutes to realize that it was Minae Noji from the 2014 film, who voice Alopex.

Darth Knuckles
02-13-2017, 10:56 PM
This was an interesting episode. I did get a little annoyed with the whole Raph's anger clouds his intuition thing. And it's not just this show but pretty much all incarnations of the TMNT where Raph having an anger issue is the one thing that's brought up constantly to make him have a weakness. I understand Raph needs a weakness but I am getting a little tired of anger being the weakness and the reason why he couldn't be the most skilled turtle, say over Leo for instance. I just wish they'd also show the benefits of Raph using his anger more as well. It can be a very effective weapon in a battle too ya know. :tmad:

The Tiger Claw stuff was great. I was a little taken aback by how instant and "graphic" :tconfuse: his half of his arm got cut off. That seemed pretty extreme and I didn't love it either because I'm a Tiger Claw fan. I am glad they went there but it was tough to see it done to Tiger Claw. Especially considering that having Casey destroy the cursed blades, that in affect made Tiger Claw lose the curse as well. It sure didn't help him any though did it! A minute later he gets his arm cut off!

Alopex was pretty cool, after I got passed what she did to Tiger Claw that is. I really like that she is also a reference to Ninjara and pretty much establishes that TMNT/Nick/Viacom don't have the rights to the character. I liked the reference to Raph acknowledging he liked her fighting when they first fought, but telling Chompy that she's no Mona Lisa either. I thought that was a great callback to Ninjara from the Archie Comics. I can't wait to see where both Alopex and Tiger Claw go next!

THGhost
02-14-2017, 07:45 AM
I hope this is as far as the show goes with the mutilation of characters, It can be quite too much, and to the point it can get annoying.

The last time we had something like this was with the 2003 series, When Baxter Stockman kept getting mutilated after certain episodes, Then all that was left of him was a brain in a jar.

I think the show will jump the shark, if at some point TigerClaw ends up being a half mutant tiger, half cyborg.

Yeah, lets not go full Image comics (http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Donatello_(Image)) here. :P

We know that Tiger Claw gets a metal arm to replace the one he lost. That'll probably be all it is though, not some metal arm that shoots lasers or something.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-14-2017, 08:32 AM
Feels very late to explain his background now.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
02-14-2017, 09:37 AM
I was really looking forward to this episode, but it left me disappointed. Like others have said, it felt like it had too much, and at the same time not enough.

Here's my thoughts on it:
https://youtu.be/QGNB_VhjKuM

ssjup81
02-14-2017, 02:20 PM
Feels very late to explain his background now.not really. The character is still relevant and actively shown.

CyberCubed
02-14-2017, 02:55 PM
Feels very late to explain his background now.

Would you rather they not show it at all?

TigerClaw
02-14-2017, 03:04 PM
Yeah, lets not go full Image comics (http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Donatello_(Image)) here. :P

We know that Tiger Claw gets a metal arm to replace the one he lost. That'll probably be all it is though, not some metal arm that shoots lasers or something.
I really hope it wasn't to sell more toys, They have TigerClaw fiigures that were with and without the eye patch, now I have a feeling they are gonna sell figures with not only the eye patch, but a metal arm as well.

I'm curious what lead to the decision to change TigerClaw's appearance throughout the series, Was it the creators intention, or was it Playmates insisting on some changes to sell more toys?

We all know that Playmates had some influence on what was showing on the original series back in the days.

It seems that TigerClaw is the only character with physical changes from the entire series.

Though Rahzar had two physical changes during the series, But TigerClaw has been mutilated twice, but is still the same person.

Fortunately it only happened twice this time around, which is unfortunate for Baxter Stockman in the 2003 series, whose been mutilated multiple times, That series went to some really dark places.

ssjup81
02-14-2017, 04:21 PM
I really hope it wasn't to sell more toys, They have TigerClaw fiigures that were with and without the eye patch, now I have a feeling they are gonna sell figures with not only the eye patch, but a metal arm as well.

I'm curious what lead to the decision to change TigerClaw's appearance throughout the series, Was it the creators intention, or was it Playmates insisting on some changes to sell more toys?

We all know that Playmates had some influence on what was showing on the original series back in the days.

It seems that TigerClaw is the only character with physical changes from the entire series.

Though Rahzar had two physical changes during the series, But TigerClaw has been mutilated twice, but is still the same person.

Fortunately it only happened twice this time around, which is unfortunate for Baxter Stockman in the 2003 series, whose been mutilated multiple times, That series went to some really dark places.Personally, I feel it's karma from a character perspective and being punished because of how far gone he's becoming. He's done many terrible things. He knows right from wrong and seemed weary over Shredder's ways and didn't seem like he always agreed with him, but would go along with him anyway. He also seems to lack honor. Compare him before and after Wormquake. He attacked a blind guy. I honestly couldn't see pre-Wormquake Tigerclaw doing that.

I just feel that being around Shredder has really corrupted him due Shredder's influence. The fact he was going to shoot Alopex in the back after being shown mercy was very cowardly and, of course, dishonorable.

I'm probably looking too much into it, but it just feels like karma to me. It's like working for Shredder is the straw that broke karma's back saying that "dude, ditch the mutant cheese grater. It's not good for you."This was an interesting episode. I did get a little annoyed with the whole Raph's anger clouds his intuition thing. And it's not just this show but pretty much all incarnations of the TMNT where Raph having an anger issue is the one thing that's brought up constantly to make him have a weakness. I understand Raph needs a weakness but I am getting a little tired of anger being the weakness and the reason why he couldn't be the most skilled turtle, say over Leo for instance. I just wish they'd also show the benefits of Raph using his anger more as well. It can be a very effective weapon in a battle too ya know. :tmad:I don't think it's anger...feels more like emotions in general. Raph is pretty emotional compared to the other three, IMO.

All that aside, maybe Splinter just indirectly gave them (Donnie and Raph) the ok to drink to "help" with their intuition and do special training :lol: Man, I want to see a drunk, mellowed out Raph. lol

THGhost
02-15-2017, 11:38 AM

Fortunately it only happened twice this time around, which is unfortunate for Baxter Stockman in the 2003 series, whose been mutilated multiple times, That series went to some really dark places.

Don't forget Rahzar used to be Dogpound. :lol:

A toy company having so much control on a cartoon just seems silly to me. Curse this corporate world we live in.

matteso586
02-15-2017, 12:36 PM
I just realized something! April had premonition powers since The Deadly Venom.

Atren
02-15-2017, 12:38 PM
I disliked this episode.

Tiger Claw characterization was questionable and I disliked that Alopex had super speed. As some have already mentioned Casey plot was waste.

Hopefully next ones will be better.

GoldMutant
02-15-2017, 12:57 PM
I just realized something! April had premonition powers since The Deadly Venom.

No one cares. And she's had those before that.

CyberCubed
02-15-2017, 03:13 PM
I disliked this episode.

Tiger Claw characterization was questionable and I disliked that Alopex had super speed. As some have already mentioned Casey plot was waste.

Hopefully next ones will be better.

Why was Tiger Claw's characterisation questionable?

Also Alopex having super speed is fine, what's wrong with it? It helps set her apart from other mutants.

ssjup81
02-15-2017, 03:31 PM
You know, if they put Alopex in TMNT Legends, I could see her in the Orange class along with characters like Mikey, LARP Raph, VQ Leo, Mondo Gecko, Nick Bebop, Xever, etc.

ssjup81
02-15-2017, 03:39 PM
No one cares. And she's had those before that.Obviously you do or else you wouldn't have mentioned this.

THGhost
02-15-2017, 05:25 PM
I like Tiger Claw's backstory. I don't see how it's "questionable" at all.

GoldMutant
02-15-2017, 05:39 PM
Obviously you do or else you wouldn't have mentioned this.

Damn, you got me like how I got Autobot doing it to him. :lol: Still though, it's something we've seen already, it really was a waste of a post personally.

Need to watch this episode still.

oldmanwinters
02-16-2017, 01:45 PM
Oooh, I'm liking Alopex's arctic look in the IDW comics. Looking forward to finally starting them.

I'm glad Andre cleared up what happened with Tiger Claw. I couldn't quite tell that his arm was cut off. That's nasty!

I gotcha covered, oldmanwinters:

http://i.imgur.com/xbg4RVe.jpg

Thanks, ThGhost!

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-16-2017, 02:19 PM

Maybe Tigerclaw will become this series' Verminator X (with that name)?

Vicky82
02-16-2017, 02:37 PM
A few months back there were photos of the TMNT Autograph wall were all the stars sign it, one of autographs was Verminator Rex and the voice actor signature but it aint Eric Bauza's signature as you can see his signature with Tiger Claw.

Found it, you see Verminator Rex at the bottom centre of the poster.

Pic is too big so it's under spoiler tags

https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/15337211_728925167257292_8568309745197252608_n.jpg

Poweranimals
02-16-2017, 05:55 PM
Wow. I can't believe they got away with Splinter actually getting drunk on a Nickelodeon show. Also, why did Alopex blame Tigerclaw for getting them mutated and what did she mean when she told him that she knew he was responsible for what happened to their parents?

Penst0ck
02-16-2017, 07:03 PM
Also, why did Alopex blame Tigerclaw for getting them mutated and what did she mean when she told him that she knew he was responsible for what happened to their parents?

Well, in the flash back he was the first one to go into the portal. Alopex probably blames him because it was his idea. As for the parents thats still up in the air, it is the reason she tries to kill him earlier. Though I find it funny how Tiger Claws all confused as to why she's mad at him. :lol:

"Sis why you mad?

"YOU GOT OUR PARENTS KILLED!"

"Yeah, but why you mad?"

victory_angel
02-16-2017, 07:45 PM
Well, in the flash back he was the first one to go into the portal. Alopex probably blames him because it was his idea. As for the parents thats still up in the air, it is the reason she tries to kill him earlier. Though I find it funny how Tiger Claws all confused as to why she's mad at him. :lol:

"Sis why you mad?

"YOU GOT OUR PARENTS KILLED!"

"Yeah, but why you mad?"

That was likely why he was saying they needed to talk because he wanted to explain his reasons for everything and when he caught her in that trap he did say everything he did was to protect her. And she was to angry with him to listen or beleave what he had to say.

neatoman
02-19-2017, 02:52 PM
Just gonna point out this had the lowest ratings yet.

CyberCubed
02-19-2017, 03:29 PM

Which means nothing at this point.

Vicky82
02-19-2017, 03:35 PM

Doesn't matter anymore, it's ending at season 5 anyway.

neatoman
02-19-2017, 03:37 PM
Of course not, just a bit of trivia for the curious.

Vicky82
02-19-2017, 03:38 PM
Of course not, just a bit of trivia for the curious.

Ok then, I just didn't want to see a pointless argument over it.

CyberCubed
02-19-2017, 03:39 PM
It also doesn't matter because little kids probably don't even realize the show came back with new episodes.

MrTMNT2012
02-21-2017, 11:25 AM
Why did Tiger Claw do the things in his backstory? If you're referring to why Tiger Claw/Alopex started hating each other, it's most likely going to be expanded upon during Alopex's next appearance.

I never actually got to respond to this so I'll say this:

That quote perfectly sums up everything that went wrong with this show.

A lot of the storytelling in this series is done through intervals (and this is in NO WAY helped by Nickelodeon's airing schedule) - so we're basically waiting on events to play out WAY after the set up. Like...an INORDINATE amount of time in a narrative sense.

Tiger Claw's motivation was the MEAT of that episode; something tangible that the audience can identify as a building block to his character and it wasn't even included in the episode, presumably kept back for Alopex's next appearance. Why should I be excited for the next dish when my first plate was empty?

Don't even bring up the fact that I liked Bay Turtles; saying those movies didn't even have ANY meat to them, because that's an entirely different meal.

CyberCubed
02-21-2017, 11:26 AM
That's what most shows with continuing plotlines do. They reveal some things and save other things for later.

MrTMNT2012
02-21-2017, 11:28 AM
That's what most shows with continuing plotlines do. They reveal some things and save other things for later.

And this show failed to reveal the RIGHT things at the right time.

CyberCubed
02-21-2017, 11:33 AM
And this show failed to reveal the RIGHT things at the right time.

They got everything right, you just must not have been paying attention or don't remember the episodes. Did you even properly watch all of Season 3 and 4? I recall you saying you skipped over a lot of episodes.

ssjup81
02-21-2017, 11:40 AM
And this show failed to reveal the RIGHT things at the right time.Guess this doesn't bother me. Things like this bother me if it's never touched upon again and I don't complain about this unless the series is finished, not something that's still in production.

MrTMNT2012
02-21-2017, 11:49 AM
They got everything right, you just must not have been paying attention or don't remember the episodes. Did you even properly watch all of Season 3 and 4? I recall you saying you skipped over a lot of episodes.

I skipped them as they were airing and then caught up during the finales.

Even marathoning through it like that didn't help.

Klunk1234
02-27-2017, 08:02 PM
Really solid episode with great action. It was interesting that Alopex and TigerClaw were humans and siblings. Alopex will not give up easily. The "Back off Tony" quote by Raph made me laugh until my side hurt.:D

Donny's computer84
02-27-2017, 08:05 PM
I like the "back off Tony" comment in the episode.:D

ToTheNines
03-14-2017, 03:50 PM
Kinda random, but I just realized that Splinter's name in the Japanese dub of the OT was Yoshihama Takeshi. And the founder of the Foot in IDW was Takeshi Tasuo (before being reincarnated as Saki).

I wonder if the crew was aware of either of these factoids, or if they just picked a random name.

CyberCubed
03-14-2017, 03:54 PM
Takeshi is a pretty common Japanese name. Brock from Pokemon's Japanese name is Takeshi too.