PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing World of Gumball

DestronMirage22
02-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Any of you guys watch this show? Have you been enjoying the recent influx of new episodes?

I sure have. This is my favorite ongoing show (besides Bob's Burgers) and pretty much the only good show left on Cartoon Network. I recommend it to anyone, it's a fun lighthearted show with great stories and continuity.

What are your guys' thoughts on TAWOG?

Wildcat
02-12-2017, 09:56 PM
I thought it was kinda dumb at first but I checked out a few more episodes and it's ok. Some of the humor is pretty good. I like the look of it.

It still feels kinda "lol random" to me but I think that's more to do with some characters being totally different things or whatever you wanna call them.

TheSkeletonMan939
02-13-2017, 10:22 AM
On the surface it seems like it would indulge in the 'randomness is funny' "humor" constantly, but it usually doesn't. When it does, it's a trainwreck.
I think it's one of the more-smartly written cartoons on television.

Cure
02-13-2017, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I dig this show. The constant switching of voice actors for Gumball and Darwin is annoying, though. I understand they're kids and their voices change but still.

DestronMirage22
02-13-2017, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I dig this show. The constant switching of voice actors for Gumball and Darwin is annoying, though. I understand they're kids and their voices change but still.

Agreed. But, unlike other shows, they manage to make the changes happen in an interesting way that actually adds to the show. Not to mention that their choices for new actors have always been great, the new kids being pretty good at the roles, sounding really similar to the others, and that doesn't detract as much.

Things are really gonna suck when this show is gone. This is the only kids show I actually watch, and one of the few shows I keep up with these days. I hope that day comes later rather than sooner. :tsad:

DestronMirage22
03-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Anyone else been enjoying the recent influx of episodes? They've been really good. I was surprised at how much I liked The Weirdo, it had such a good message about being yourself and was presented in such a way that really hit me in the feels. Thoughts?