PDA

View Full Version : 88 soft head Mike nunchaku

go_ninja84
02-13-2017, 12:56 PM
anyone have any info on a FCF soft head Michaelangelo with the beaded nunchaku? i got one MOC and wondering about info on them. not finding much on the internet

thefont9
02-13-2017, 01:31 PM
I've tried to do my homework on this issue and I don't have any definitive answers. A couple of theories:

1.) for the first run of turtles, the different factories they were created in made the nunchaku (and hole punches) slightly different

2.) the beaded nunchaku were part of the first run of figures and it was subsequently fixed therafter (they are ridiculously fragile, and that's saying a lot considering how fragile that weapon always was)

There are fan club figures that have a smooth nunchaku, but there are no beaded nunchaku that come with non FCF. Anyways, they are more rare, regardless.

LioConvoy
02-13-2017, 04:20 PM
Beaded Nunchucks? Anyone have a pic?

Spidergreg
02-14-2017, 12:17 AM

go_ninja84 has them MOC.
What is this rare piece? I need to see it before i die.

edit: Found it from his collection

http://i.imgur.com/zKlc1uo.jpg

go_ninja84
02-14-2017, 01:51 AM
If you look at the nunchucks the line that connects the handles has a bead or rope like look. The regular version has a solid line

I'm wondering about rarity, and if I should have him graded.

I have found only one other on eBay but he is part of a lot of 4 FCF turtles and seller wants 700+

I got him pretty cheap so either he is not rare or seller didn't know what he had
Either way at least I have a MOC soft head Michaelangelo in pristine condition so he probably worth grading anyway

There was a thread on this subject but I didn't get to read too much of it and now I can't find it and have searched every keyword I could think of

***First of Two Latin Kings***
02-14-2017, 07:25 AM
I have never even heard of this before, so that's saying something.

go_ninja84
02-14-2017, 07:47 AM
well after enough digging and the perfect arrangement of key words i was finally able to find the thread i started reading some time ago
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=27157&highlight=beaded+chucks
i just checked and mine also says "Package printed in Hong Kong" and "Assembled in China"
but still no idea on rarity.