PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day

Prowler
02-13-2017, 04:54 PM
So what will you be doing tomorrow?

This day seems to be dreaded by lots of single people, but personally to me it's just another day. I don't really think about it until people on the internet whine about it a week or so before it.

So yeah, to me it's just another day, really. What about you?

Cure
02-13-2017, 05:00 PM
I'm gonna get it in tomorrow with this girl I've been speaking with.

ToTheNines
02-13-2017, 05:05 PM
Talk the old lady into butt stuff if I'm home in time. If not, chill at the local speakeasy.

Prowler
02-13-2017, 05:06 PM
I'm gonna get it in tomorrow with this girl I've been speaking with.
You gonna grab her by the poossy eh?

DarkFell
02-13-2017, 05:14 PM
Work another night and buy my own chocolates afterwards. ;P

If I remind myself to find them tonight, I might give some Valentines cards to the people I work with when I go in tomorrow.

Prowler
02-13-2017, 05:18 PM
Work another night and buy my own chocolates afterwards. ;P

If I remind myself to find them tonight, I might give some Valentines cards to the people I work with when I go in tomorrow.
Is there a need for that?

Cure
02-13-2017, 05:34 PM
You gonna grab her by the poossy eh?

No. Are you seriously asking me if I'm gonna harass her like Potus has harassed women?

Prowler
02-13-2017, 05:37 PM
No. Are you seriously asking me if I'm gonna harass her like Potus has harassed women?
Dude, I'm just messing ofc

Cure
02-13-2017, 05:43 PM
Yeah, fun, being put in the same boat as scumbags.

Prowler
02-13-2017, 05:48 PM
Yeah, fun, being put in the same boat as scumbags.
Hmm now that I think better about it, I guess it wasn't a very acceptable joke to make. So scratch that

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-13-2017, 06:02 PM
We celebrate Valentine's Day a few days or a week earlier or later; restaurants are mad crazy day of.

Tried out an awesome new sushi place, hung with another fabulous couple, made a night of it.

Coola Yagami
02-13-2017, 06:41 PM
Eh, some years I have a special someone to make romantic plans with.... some years I don't and I just chill at home. As long as the lovey dovey stuff isn't rubbed in my face too excessively, the years I'm single don't bother me because I'm just chillin at home. Still looking forward to buying chocolates tomorrow.

TurtleTitan97
02-13-2017, 06:43 PM
School work and video games if possible.

snake
02-13-2017, 07:27 PM
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I know you want snake
I want him too

RaphaelinSTL
02-13-2017, 07:40 PM
Our second Valentine's Day tomorrow! Gonna go get pizza at this new restaurant that has speciality dairy free stuff and we're excited to try it.

IndigoErth
02-13-2017, 08:48 PM
Not a dang thing. Have cards and small goodies for the immediate family, but that's it. Prob just spend part of the day getting some work done on a project since I at least lucked out in having the day off. Old enough I've pretty much just decided not to care all that much about it anymore if I have to spend it alone. (Okay so I'm a dork that was considering spending the evening with a TMNT movie or two. :trazz: If you don't have a real life human date they're not a bad bunch of guys to spend the evening with instead.)

Andrew NDB
02-13-2017, 09:01 PM
Go out to dinner super late. Then, the usual.

Jephael
02-14-2017, 02:00 AM
Got a job interview of sorts. It's about time too... can't stand being broke. It's a wonder I managed to keep up with the damn apartment bills this long!!!

Later on though I'm gonna go to my sister's house and play video games with my nephew!!!

ProactiveMan
02-14-2017, 03:37 AM
I wish I had plans but I'll probably end up at Ikea looking for picture frames; get some drive-thru and watch crap on YouTube till I fall asleep. My life turned out just as I'd imagined.

IndigoErth
02-14-2017, 10:51 AM
So far today... enjoying abdominal discomfort and visiting with 'aunt flo' because nature decided to laugh at my singlehood like, "Psh. You don't mind, right?"

>.>

But Happy Valentine's to both the couples and singles, no matter what [or who] you might be doing today.

plastroncafe
02-14-2017, 10:58 AM
Geeks Who Drink pub trivia with my favorite people.

Just as a reminder to any couple'd people out there, from your friendly neighborhood sex and relationship advice columnist Dan Savage:
F*ck first.
(18+ only)

Andrew NDB
02-14-2017, 10:58 AM
Got a job interview of sorts. It's about time too... can't stand being broke. It's a wonder I managed to keep up with the damn apartment bills this long!!!

Did you go back to work for the waffle cookie factory?

Candy Kappa
02-14-2017, 12:03 PM
had some nice food, nice dessert and now milk chocolate brownies.

Jephael
02-14-2017, 01:44 PM
Did you go back to work for the waffle cookie factory?

:tgrumble: I knew you'd bring that crap up again!

Actually, I'm going in the completely opposite direction this time around and getting a job at a place that helps people lose weight.

dE-eUXR60as

Put in the application today... now we play the waiting game!!!

DestronMirage22
02-14-2017, 02:04 PM
Worked this morning. Ate a big chocolate chip cookie when I got home. Probably just gonna watch some Bob's Burgers and pose my action figures for the rest of the day.

Cure
02-14-2017, 02:29 PM
and pose my action figures for the rest of the day.

Wow. That's something.

The Deadman
02-14-2017, 02:33 PM
Wow. That's something.

At least he's having fun. THats all that matters.

DarkFell
02-14-2017, 08:00 PM
Is there a need for that?

No need. Just for ..well because.

I bought a box of Valentines Day cards, and a lot of people got treated to some Dr. Seuss. I also saw the 2K12 TMNT and M.M.P.R. cards, but I liked what I bought.

This isn't exactly the same image / card that was in the box, but, it does have the same characters.

https://rlv.zcache.com/dr_seuss_valentine_thing_1_thing_2_card-r035efb2729864bc1b0129cf87e85e1e0_xvuat_8byvr_324. jpg

IndigoErth
02-14-2017, 08:55 PM
'Lil bit of innuendo in that card maybe... :trazz:

DestronMirage22
02-14-2017, 09:46 PM
Wow. That's something.

At least he's having fun. THats all that matters.

Word, bitches! :D:thumbsup:

Krutch
02-14-2017, 10:01 PM
Y'know what was really weird? I completely forgot about Valentine's Day. I just thought I was having a very strange day where TWO of my exes texted me "Hey" after months of radio silence.

I just thought I had good mojo or something today :lol:

Voltron
02-15-2017, 06:22 AM
I actually have a girlfriend this year, so I had to go look up what it is people do on this holiday. I also forgot to buy her stuff. So. . . there's that.

BubblyShell22
02-15-2017, 06:52 AM
Spent the day taking care of my father with my sis while Mom took Grandma out for her birthday which is on Valentine's Day. Grandpa's was the day before on Monday, and Grandma was having a really rough day with it and yesterday too. Glad Mom got to see her and spend time with her as she needs that right now.

Allio
02-15-2017, 07:25 AM
I worked at a resturant yesterday, almost came close to people finding my body hanging

IndigoErth
02-15-2017, 01:36 PM
Grandpa's was the day before on Monday, and Grandma was having a really rough day with it and yesterday too.
If the "was" means he is gone... that's gotta be rough, both their birthdays and Valentine's together like that... :ohwell: Hope she had a nice enough birthday and got a little distraction from your mom.

RaphaelinSTL
02-15-2017, 02:42 PM
Yesterday was great, the lady and I went out to a pizza place called Mellow Mushroom which was delicious and we had a very good night together. :D

Hope everyone else had a good one!

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-15-2017, 04:23 PM
I now like January-February in general. Enjoy winter without Christmas stressing. But as a child, the time after Christmas was boring.

MsMarvelDuckie
02-15-2017, 07:59 PM
Ours was "meh". Worked all day, Hubby had a bubble bath ready for me when I came home. We had a simple dinner and watched a couple of movies, and had some champaign.

Prowler
02-16-2017, 10:44 AM
If the "was" means he is gone... that's gotta be rough, both their birthdays and Valentine's together like that... :ohwell: Hope she had a nice enough birthday and got a little distraction from your mom.
I know a guy whose mother died on Christmas night.

Andrew NDB
02-16-2017, 10:49 AM
But as a child, the time after Christmas was boring.

What do you mean? Two weeks off school to play with your new sh*t, awesome.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-16-2017, 12:31 PM
What do you mean? Two weeks off school to play with your new sh*t, awesome.

I mean when you came back and everything was as usual again? Around 7 January.

IndigoErth
02-16-2017, 07:53 PM
I know a guy whose mother died on Christmas night.
Aw, well that stinks. :(

In '04 my maternal grandfather ended up in the hospital Christmas morning, but at least he didn't die that day. He saved that for a week and half later. (People just love kick the bucket around the holidays... All those celebs that jumped ship around/after this one, eesh.)

MsMarvelDuckie
02-16-2017, 09:17 PM
My husband's dad died on my birthday seven years ago. Technically it was the night before but the ToD was after midnight of Dec. 2. So that puts a damper on birthdays now.

BubblyShell22
02-17-2017, 07:46 PM
Indigo, yes, he passed away at the end of July last year and so it was very rough for her on that Monday because of him being gone. But at least my mom was there to help her through it and that's the important thing.

Also got an e-mail from my BF wishing we could be together. I told him I wished the same thing but there's really nothing that can be done about that right now as family comes first. His mother's BF is in the last stages of Alzheimer's, so they have been busy taking care of him at home which is another reason I have not seen him since my grandfather's wake.

Jephael
02-21-2017, 05:27 PM
My husband's dad died on my birthday seven years ago. Technically it was the night before but the ToD was after midnight of Dec. 2. So that puts a damper on birthdays now.

So sorry My cousin Michael passed away on February 9, 2008 though for some reason they felt it'd be fitting to hold his funeral services on Valentine's Day.