PDA

View Full Version : What Shows Are You Currently Watching?

DestronMirage22
02-14-2017, 06:33 AM
I know there's a thread for the latest movie you've seen, and for your latest DVD purchase, but there doesn't seem to be one about what show you're currently viewing.

So, what show(s) are you currently watching? What are your thoughts on it so far?

Shark_Blade
02-14-2017, 07:07 AM
Riverdale.

Honey, it's currently the best show I've ever seen tbh.

A0Yzj2bLsqA

SaxudK2w1nY

http://i.imgur.com/hu4SNiB.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/MGADBxN.gif

Allio
02-14-2017, 10:03 AM
Dragon Ball Super
Kamen Rider Ex-aid
Uchuu Sentai Kyuranger
and I guess Power Rangers Ninja Steel for the time being.

Storm Eagle
02-14-2017, 10:15 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Simpsons
Jeopardy!
Wheel of Fortune
Gotham
2 Broke Girls
MacGyver
Power Rangers Ninja Steel
Saturday Night Live

I've been watching Riverdale, but I just want to see the answer to the current mystery in the show. I'm also giving Legion a go. I wasn't all that impressed by the premiere, but maybe I'll enjoy the rest of whatever I check out.

Cure
02-14-2017, 11:22 AM
Most of what I watch is split between Netflix and Amazon but I watch stuff on cable, too.

Homeland
The Affair
Bates Motel
Brooklyn 9 9
Flash/Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow
Westworld
Silicon Valley
The Expanse
Goliath
Sneaky Pete
Travelers
Voltron
Orange is the New Black
House of Cards
Bloodline
Daredevil
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Santa Clarita Diet

Andrew NDB
02-14-2017, 11:26 AM
"Black Mirror." "Walking Dead." That's all right now.

plastroncafe
02-14-2017, 11:34 AM
Just finished both Sense 8 and the One Day at a Time reboot.
Now I'm starting with Blackish.

Plus there's Steven Universe and Brooklyn 99.

CyberCubed
02-14-2017, 01:03 PM
Outside of some animated shows like Nick's TMNT, etc...I don't really watch any TV anymore.

Comedies get extremely boring after a while and I usually just youtube the "best moments" from them rather than watching full episodes. I did that with The Office just to watch all the Michael Scott, Jim/Pam moments, Dwight, etc...instead of actually watching 9 seasons.

Most TV these days is nothing but overrated trash.

sdp
02-14-2017, 03:05 PM
I'm currently watching Instant Star, a show from ten years ago, the first season is alright and I watched that as it aired but so far the second season is a huge step down and I don't think it'll recover. It was from the people who made Degrassi and it's about a girl who wins a music reality show and how she deals with her life. What makes it interesting is how unlikable the main character is and that's probably how a real teenager would handle the situation. The show is not actually meant to show you that and it's supposed to be about how cool her life is and her "teenage drama" and yet what makes it interesting how the show is good and not in the way the writers meant it to be.

I think I'll be adding the Wakfu movies to my watch list soon and harvey birdman as soon as I finish Instant Star, so in a couple of weeks.

Wesley
02-14-2017, 03:21 PM
I don't watch much television nowadays, to be honest. I just watch a few tv shows every now and then such as Agents of Shield, Person of Interest, Gotham, The Vampire Diaries and The Big Bang Theory.

I think Person of Interest is the best recent show on tv. I love the characterisation, acting and story arcs. Best show since Lost, imo.

Jester
02-14-2017, 03:22 PM
Nick TMNT
Avengers Assemble
Guardians of the Galaxy
Simpsons
Star Wars Rebels
The DC TV Universe series, including Supergirl and Gotham.
Agents of SHIELD
SNL
Law & Order: SVU
Portland

Totally forgot Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

And still deciding on sticking with Riverdale and Powerless. Riverdale's mystery angle keeps me coming back, but the "teen drama" crap...blech.
Powerless is just bad...I hope it might get better...maybe.

CyberCubed
02-14-2017, 03:23 PM
How do people honestly watch Gotham? That's a show that should have been canceled in its first season. It's an insult to the Batman franchise.

Jester
02-14-2017, 03:29 PM
I'm a glutton for punishment...why else watch Powerless and Riverdale as well. :D

Splinter the boss
02-14-2017, 03:37 PM
The Flash
Legends of tomorrow
Star wars rebels
Attack on Titan
Death note TV series (I finished the anime) Not as good
Nick TMNT

Wesley
02-14-2017, 03:37 PM
How do people honestly watch Gotham? That's a show that should have been canceled in its first season. It's an insult to the Batman franchise.

I think Gotham isn't that bad. It's not one of the best shows ever, but I find it fun to watch in a "so bad, it's good" sort of way, though I thought season 2's finale was disappointing. Harvey and Penguin are my favourite characters on the show. Haven't seen season 3 yet.

Storm Eagle
02-14-2017, 04:18 PM
Just finished both Sense 8 and the One Day at a Time reboot.

That reminds me of how I recently finished Fuller House's second season. I plan to check out the second season of Voltron: Legendary Defender as well.

Outside of some animated shows like Nick's TMNT, etc...I don't really watch any TV anymore.

That's one show I forgot to add to my list, and I edited my earlier post to add it. You'd think I'd remember since I'm posting on a TMNT forum.

Yeah yeah. -_-

raph27
02-14-2017, 05:03 PM
The Flash
Arrow
Legends of Tomorrow
The O.C.
Doctor Who
South Park

Andrew NDB
02-14-2017, 05:09 PM
I think Gotham isn't that bad. It's not one of the best shows ever, but I find it fun to watch in a "so bad, it's good" sort of way

Sounds like a horrible way to waste free time. And life.

Storm Eagle
02-14-2017, 05:13 PM
South Park

I forgot about that show too. It's new season won't start until the fall though.

I've also been watching Transformers: Robots in Disguise, but who knows when that starts up again.

CyberCubed
02-14-2017, 05:24 PM
I don't get it, how do all of have the time to watch all these casual or mediocre shows? When I want to watch something I know it's something really good that I'll enjoy, not just these random lightweight shows that are just on the air because there's nothing else on.

Cure
02-14-2017, 05:29 PM
Somehow I knew you were gonna make a big stink about something as simple as people watching TV.

CyberCubed
02-14-2017, 05:35 PM
There are only so many hours in a day. Between TV shows, movies or videogames, there's only so much "free time" one person has to choose between them.

I seriously don't know how people watch hundreds of shows.

Storm Eagle
02-14-2017, 06:43 PM
I don't get it, how do all of have the time to watch all these casual or mediocre shows? When I want to watch something I know it's something really good that I'll enjoy, not just these random lightweight shows that are just on the air because there's nothing else on.

Our shows are mediocre only in your opinion.

Nobody here named anywhere near that many shows. I'm sure everyone here is fine.

raph27
02-14-2017, 07:46 PM
I forgot about that show too. It's new season won't start until the fall though.

I've also been watching Transformers: Robots in Disguise, but who knows when that starts up again.

Is that 21? I'm still getting through season 20. It's my first season of South Park but I'm amazed at all the social/political commentary in there. It's a much smarter show than what I expected.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-14-2017, 07:53 PM
There are only so many hours in a day. Between TV shows, movies or videogames, there's only so much "free time" one person has to choose between them.

Says the guy who doesn't have any hobbies...?

Storm Eagle
02-14-2017, 08:03 PM
Is that 21? I'm still getting through season 20. It's my first season of South Park but I'm amazed at all the social/political commentary in there. It's a much smarter show than what I expected.

Season 21 does start later this year, yes. You should check out the older episodes.

CyberCubed
02-14-2017, 08:12 PM
Nobody here named anywhere near that many shows. I'm sure everyone here is fine.

People don't think they watch many shows, but when you actually stop to think of all the major shows you've watched over the years, rewatch, own on DVD, etc....it comes out to a lot. Especially if the shows go on for a long time like 5-7+ seasons and have hundreds of episodes, you don't actually realize how much time that takes to watch.

DestronMirage22
02-14-2017, 08:38 PM

People don't think they watch many shows, but when you actually stop to think of all the major shows you've watched over the years, rewatch, own on DVD, etc....it comes out to a lot. Especially if the shows go on for a long time like 5-7+ seasons and have hundreds of episodes, you don't actually realize how much time that takes to watch.

Kinda answered yourself there dude. :lol::trolleye:

sdp
02-14-2017, 08:54 PM
I've enjoyed all the DC shows so far but I always waited for Netflix to add the previous season and this year they added the new DC shows and seasons of everything except Arrow so I just ended up not watching any of them..

The first season of Arrow was so good even if it was Batman jr. The other seasons haven't been great but I enjoyed them. Flash I had a few problems but I still liked it and Gotham S1 I genuinely liked it a lot and thought it was a great show except for young Bruce/Selina. It was already a bit dounting watching 3 shows with 22 44-minute episodes each and this year adding two more with Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow maybe it was a blessing in disguise that Netflix didn't add S4 of Arrow so I just decided to skip all the shows.

Wildcat
02-14-2017, 09:32 PM
TMNT
MY Little Pony FIM
Loud House
Steven Universe
Star vs the Forces of Evil
Scooby Doo
Counterfeit Cat
Simpsons
Family Guy
Bobs Burgers
American Dad
Bones (it's about to end)
Tosh.0
Whose Line?
Madtv (if it returns from last year)
South Park
Adam Ruins Everything
Impractical Jokers
Cake Wars and some other food shows
Mythbusters The Search (I wanna know what becomes of this)
Velocity (all car channel/whatever, if there's something on I like)
Family Feud and some other game shows
NBA basketball and some sports news

It seems like a lot but everything comes out on different days or goes on hiatus plus there's DVR. There's enough time.

Storm Eagle
02-15-2017, 06:04 AM

Most shows that we've watched over the years aren't active anymore. The amount of shows I'm watching this season isn't even as much as some years before. Two of the shows I mentioned air every weekday evening, but the prime time shows I mentioned just air once a week, and it's either just one or two of those shows each weeknight. It's only Tuesday night that there isn't anything I watch, and it might end up being the case for Wednesday and Thursday if I decide I don't want to watch two of the shows I mentioned anymore.

And why raise Cain over our TV-watching activities?

Allio
02-15-2017, 07:22 AM

Same way you watch tmnt

*mlg horns

Wesley
02-16-2017, 02:32 PM
Sounds like a horrible way to waste free time. And life.

Just wanted to clarify that I genuinely liked season one and most of season two of Gotham. I thought the show was great on its own merits with enough interesting characters and stories to make me keep watching. The actors such as Donal Logue, who plays Harvey Bullock, and Robin Lord Taylor, who portrays Penguin, were great. It was only in the last two episodes of season two that I felt the show became terrible all of a sudden, though I hope the third season is better.

DestronMirage22
02-16-2017, 07:51 PM
I'm currently watching The Amazing World Of Gumball, Bob's Burgers, Transformers: The Headmasters, and Futurama. I'm always watching Futurama, I never stop. :lol: It's my go to show when I'm bored, I've probably watched the whole show like ten times!

TheBlueTurtle1
02-17-2017, 12:47 AM
I'm currently watching The Amazing World Of Gumball, Bob's Burgers, Transformers: The Headmasters, and Futurama. I'm always watching Futurama, I never stop. :lol: It's my go to show when I'm bored, I've probably watched the whole show like ten times!

Futurama is my fav show. Bold statement I know, but it's true and I want them to bring it back!

CyberCubed
02-17-2017, 12:56 AM
Futurama was already brought back like 3 times. And it was a bit hit or miss, IMO. I watched the entire show, it's best to let it end or else it'll turn out like Simpsons.

TheBlueTurtle1
02-17-2017, 02:53 PM
Futurama was already brought back like 3 times. And it was a bit hit or miss, IMO. I watched the entire show, it's best to let it end or else it'll turn out like Simpsons.

I know how you feel about it, but I feel the show still had more to offer and I would be first in line to see it end if I thought the quality was going downhill.

You have to remember they didn't have anywhere near the same budget or the writing staff, in the comedy central run and to be honest some of the best episodes were in that run.

Icebot
02-21-2017, 04:18 PM
TMNT 2003
Full House
The Wonder Years
TMNT 2012

DestronMirage22
02-22-2017, 10:39 PM
Futurama can never get stale, at least not like The Simpsons. This is a show that's based in the years 3000, where robots run loose and smoke/drink to their content, where mutants and aliens coexist with humans, a show that actually makes you like two bit background characters like Calculon, the Robot Devil, and Hedonismbot. Never once has the show gone down in quality or gotten boring.

Anyways, I started watching Assassination Classroom recently. The show's pretty weird, but in a good way. I really like the main characters, and the setting.

Utrommaniac
02-22-2017, 10:49 PM
Actively keeping up with:

Call the Midwife
Star VS The Forces of Evil
Adventure Time
Bob's Burgers
Nick TMNT

Midwife is the odd one out XD

Watching at leisure:

Futurama
Bojack Horseman
OT TMNT

Haven't watched in a while, but still will if I get around to it:

Gravity Falls
How to Train Your Dragon, the series
Doctor Who
Adam Ruins Everything

I'll edit if I remember more.

I pretty much got bored of MLP:FIM in the last two seasons.

Storm Eagle
02-23-2017, 08:13 PM
Well, I just dropped Legion from my TV-watching schedule. I understand it's kind of huge, but when I just cut out in the middle of an episode, it was like my brain felt as though it could breathe again.

MsMarvelDuckie
02-23-2017, 09:49 PM
Currently watching APB, Sleepy Hollow, and the final season of Bones, though APB is mostly just taking the place of Gotham and Lucifer until they come back in a month or so.

tmntfannumerouno
02-23-2017, 10:11 PM
I think the only current shows I'm watching are bones and the goldbergs . I usually just catch reruns of home improvement, doug, and growing pains. I tried to get into some other shows like riverdale, American housewife, and a few others but nothing kept me glued to the tv. I'll watch zoo if that returns with a new season.

Shark_Blade
02-24-2017, 05:44 AM
Riverdale 1x05. :tlove:

DestronMirage22
02-24-2017, 07:55 AM
Guys, if you're into anime you should really check out Assassination Classroom.
It's a fantastic show. It's so good I can't get enough of it. The stories are great, you really get to like the characters, and there's a perfect blend of humor/action/drama. I can't put into words how good this show is. You just have to check it out for yourselves. Trust me, it's great. :)

saintsaucey
02-24-2017, 10:32 AM
Sundays Walking Dead/talking dead
Mondays Supergirl 24 Legacy on Hulu and Soon Better Call Saul season 3
Tuesdays Flash Legends Of Tomorrow Agents Of Shield with This is Us on Hulu and soon Izombie Season 3
Wednesdays Arrow with Lethal Weapon on Hulu and Legion
Thursdays Supernatural and Riverdale with Powerless on hulu and big bang theory and this is us on the cbs ap

Splinter the boss
02-27-2017, 03:50 PM
I am rewatching Legend of Korra

DisKosh
02-27-2017, 08:51 PM
I recently started watching Blake's 7.

Although the effects are very dated, it's pretty good. :)

DestronMirage22
03-01-2017, 09:32 PM
Finished the 1st season of Assassination Classroom. It was amazing! I've started season 2, and so far it's just as great.
I've been thinking about what show to watch after this, and have considered Neon Genisis Evangelion. Anyone watched it before? I've heard it's really good, aside from the ending.

DestronMirage22
03-13-2017, 10:42 AM
Finished all of Assassination Classroom. That was a fantastic show! The ending was pretty sad, but all the while being very satisfying.
(I'm also kinda miffed that Nagisa and Kaede didn't get together in the end) :(
If you're into anime, than you definitely should check this show out.

I also started watching Rick and Morty. Pretty funny show with some weird humor. Also that Mr. Jellybean scene was ****ed up.

DestronMirage22
03-26-2017, 01:19 AM
After finishing Rick and Morty, I've started watching Spiderman the Animated Series. I haven't seen the show since I was a little kid, but I remember how much I loved it, and I have to say: it still holds up today. This show is easily my favorite version of Spidetman ever, one I enjoy immensely.

Chris
03-26-2017, 03:23 AM
Right now;

Arrow
Flash
Supergitl
Legends of Tomorrow
Lethal Weapon
24: Legacy
Grimm
Daredevil (season 2)
TMNT
Star Wars Rebels

On planner/Netflix to catch up when I have more time;

Agents of Shield
Legion
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Once Upon a Time

Still waiting for a UK release;

Gotham (season 3)

And writing that down I realise I watch too much TV!

Candy Kappa
03-26-2017, 04:31 AM
Riverdale and Iron Fist

Wesley
03-26-2017, 09:59 AM
I've been rewatching Lost recently and I think it's a great show with interesting, complex characters such as Jack, Locke and Sawyer. One of the best shows ever, in my opinion. I found it confusing the first time I watched it over six years, as it was easy to forget stuff that had happened, but it makes more sense when viewed without the long breaks between episodes.

plastroncafe
03-26-2017, 10:44 AM
I'm current with both Bob's Burgers, and Blackish.
Thinking of moving on to Legion and Iron-Fist.

Also maybe Golden Girls.

DestronMirage22
04-04-2017, 11:52 PM
Just finished watching the last episode of Sega Hard Girls. Have to admit, I shed a tear. This was a short show, but I got attached to it really quick. I really like all the main characters, and Saturn is my favorite one (of course!). A shame the way it ended, they won't be able to continue the series. But it was a bittersweet ending that didn't feel cheap or anything like that.

If only I could track down that bonus episode and watch it, then I would be satisfied.

I highly recommend this show. It might seem a little weird, but it has great humor, good characters, and plenty of SEGA references. Give it a chance, you'll be glad you did.

Allio
04-05-2017, 07:26 AM
On 5tg episode of liars game

DestronMirage22
04-29-2017, 10:39 PM
Finally saw the ending of How I Met Your Mother. That was soo incredibly STUPID. All that build-up for nothing! What was even the point of it all?! A complete and utter let down, that ending. :x

Isn't there some kind of alternative ending somewhere? It's got to be better than what we got.

Sheesh.

Shark_Blade
04-29-2017, 10:52 PM
Riverdale
How to Get Away With Murder
13 Reasons Why
Sonic Boom

Lethal Lullaby
04-29-2017, 11:04 PM
TMNT
Naruto: Shippuden
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
MLP: FIM
Rick and Morty

plastroncafe
04-30-2017, 08:54 AM
The only new one to the list is Handmaid's Tale.

Splinter the boss
04-30-2017, 10:03 AM
I am watching Future Diary. Boy! It has weird moments, like girls being exposed, I try to disregard that.

EDIT: I paused on Korra by the way. Some other time.

Allio
04-30-2017, 05:11 PM
Kamen Rider Ex-aid probably is the best superhero show going on right now.

Kamen rider amazons is also pretty good

Anarchistguy
04-30-2017, 05:51 PM
-Berserk
-Dragon Ball Super
-Samurai Jack

MsMarvelDuckie
04-30-2017, 06:03 PM
Currently- Gotham and Lucifer, and Agents of SHIELD when I can catch it. Just ended season 4 of Sleepy Hollow, and the first season of APB too. It has really grown on me. Started Flash, that one is looking promising, other than being speedster-heavy.

Splinter the boss
06-21-2017, 02:59 PM
Watching Young Justice season 1 and 2. The news about the third season pushed me to watch it and I ABSOLUTELY love it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-21-2017, 03:04 PM
House of Cards. Finally decided that American politics was annoying enough that fictional politics would be fun.

Have not been disappointed.

FredWolfLeonardo
06-21-2017, 03:20 PM
I just finished watching the first 3 seasons of the 1977 British sitcom Mind your Language and thoroughly loved it. My dad used to watch it when he was young and I'm happy he told me about it.

Next stop, Fawlty Towers!

ProphetofGanja
06-21-2017, 04:26 PM
Just finished watching the fifth seasons of House of Cards (pretty good) and Orange is the New Black (really good). Making my way through season 2 of F is for Family. Caught the season finale of American Gods the other day and looking forward to the season finale of Silicon Valley this weekend.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
06-21-2017, 04:33 PM
After finishing Rick and Morty, I've started watching Spiderman the Animated Series. I haven't seen the show since I was a little kid, but I remember how much I loved it, and I have to say: it still holds up today. This show is easily my favorite version of Spidetman ever, one I enjoy immensely.

I actually watched some Spiderman at Cartoon Network airing when the 2003-2009 series aired.

sdp
07-04-2017, 06:14 PM
I started Toxic Crusaders and so far so good; It feels like a typical 90s superhero cartoon with a lot of snark of what it actually is and that works wonders since it's constantly reminding you the concept of the show is beyond stupid and that somehow makes it watchable.

I didn't expect it to like it so much, I thought it'd just be your typical 90s TMNT rip off and that nostalgia for the 90s would be its only redeemable part. I never watched this show as a kid either so it's my first time.

I did however have almost all the action figures and vehicles, I'm guessing they must've been on sale because I don't remember ever asking for them and I had all the figures including doubles at least of Toxie and headbanger. But I also had most of the vehicles except for like one that I just recently saw in a catalog. They were usually just fodder for my TMNT figures to fight but the figures where pretty damn cool and original in their own right, blew away a lot of the TMNT figures out there.

If I keep enjoying the show like I am I think I'll watch the movies and I've never been interested before since those type of B-Movies have never really interested me.

Splinter the boss
08-11-2017, 09:00 PM
Rewatching korra for the third time now(I think). I'm on season 4 episode 9. I just love the show. I can't stop watching, it's beautiful.

Shark_Blade
08-11-2017, 10:36 PM
Supergirl
The Flash
Riverdale
Barbie - Life in the Dreamhouse
American Horror Story

plastroncafe
08-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Just finished Glow, and now I'm trying to figure out what to watch next.
Guess it's more Golden Girls until I decide.

Taking suggestions!

Slade
08-11-2017, 11:05 PM
About to finish Riverdale(gonna need something after)
Dragon ball Super
Raw and Smackdown
Catfish
Ink Master

newfan
08-12-2017, 01:29 AM
Supernatural has been my most watched show for sometime. Been watching Arrow from season 1. I have a few new ones suggested to me so I'll get round to checking those out.
Oh and of course, TMNT

DestronMirage22
08-13-2017, 10:51 PM
Still watching Dragonball Super.
Still watching My Hero Academia.
Finishing Mayo Chiki.
Rewatching Transformers G1.
Rewatching That 70's Show and How I Met Your Mother sporadically.

The Deadman
08-14-2017, 02:16 PM
Trying to power my way through the Power Rangers stuff, but I never have the time to really marathon everything, lol.