PDA

View Full Version : STAR WARS: The New In Canon Fate Of Jar Jar Binks Has Been Revealed And It's Serious

The Deadman
02-17-2017, 06:29 PM
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/star-wars-the-new-in-canon-fate-of-jar-jar-binks-has-been-a149022

Even if you despise this character from the Star Wars prequels, a recent reveal of what happened to Jar Jar Binks in the post-EU canon will still more than likely bum you out in a serious way...

Jar Jar Binks may very well be the most reviled character in Star Wars history, but chances are that you may still feel sorry for him after reading this. Following the events of The Phantom Menace, he showed up for Padme's funeral in Revenge of the Sith and in a few episodes of The Clone Wars. However, it's his role in Attack of the Clones which may be most noteworthy.

It was there that as an interim Galactic Senator, he pushed for an act which ultimately weakened the Republic and helped the Empire take over the Galaxy. That wasn't missed by people either as newly released novel Star Wars Aftermath: Empire's End reveals what happened to Jar Jar in the new Star Wars canon since the end of the Expanded Universe.

Set between the events of Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, the novel takes us to Naboo, and what follows is the very sad and depressing reveal of what's become of the poor old Gungan.

A refugee boy named Mapo encounters a Gungan performing for kids on the streets, clowning around in a fountain twice a day while being studiously avoided by the grown-ups. "Meesa Jar Jar," says the clown when Mapo introduces himself. The clown distracts the orphan from his own sadness by popping his eyes and bulging his cheeks, but is hiding a sadness of his own. "Jar Jar makin some uh-oh mistakens," the Gungan says, explaining why he isn't wanted anywhere either. "Desa hisen Naboo tink I help the uh-oh Empire." He stares into the distance, suggesting he knows more than he's saying.

Andrew NDB
02-17-2017, 06:44 PM
Haw haw haw, so very clever. Stupid prequel hating.

And Jar Jar seemed pretty happy at the end of RotJ when you see him jumping around screaming, "Weesa free!"

TurtleTitan97
02-17-2017, 07:31 PM
Nice click bait title.

TheSkeletonMan939
02-17-2017, 07:32 PM
Palpatine should have made Jar Jar a king or something.

Shark_Blade
02-17-2017, 07:39 PM
I thought it was gonna reveal Jar Jar as the true Sith Lord but meh.

ProactiveMan
02-17-2017, 09:06 PM
Canon is now in the Mouse's hands.

turtle1237
02-21-2017, 01:36 PM
I was hoping he would disappear and never show up again lol. I hate him, I could care less for his fate. I will not be spending money on Jar Jar Binks the movie.

TheSkeletonMan939
02-21-2017, 02:02 PM
If Jar Jar had never existed, I'd bet that Disney would have added a comic relief character like him in TFA. That's pretty much all BB-8 was, except Disney of course made the wise choice of making him a mute droid.

TurtleTitan97
02-21-2017, 02:06 PM
I was hoping he would disappear and never show up again lol. I hate him, I could care less for his fate. I will not be spending money on Jar Jar Binks the movie.

What are you talking about? This is just a throw away cameo from a book.

Andrew NDB
02-21-2017, 02:24 PM
I'd hoped he'd show up in something else down the line in a small part, but as a very different sort of character. Like, imagine a "DARTH VADER" movie, where Vader has a chance encounter with Jar Jar... what would he say, what would he do?

AT-Man
02-21-2017, 03:12 PM
If Jar Jar had never existed, I'd bet that Disney would have added a comic relief character like him in TFA. That's pretty much all BB-8 was, except Disney of course made the wise choice of making him a mute droid.

BB-8 is the best thing Star Wars has ever done.

TheSkeletonMan939
02-21-2017, 03:41 PM
Disney agrees with you. They milked that little guy for beyond what he was worth.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/BB8-Oranges.jpg

DestronMirage22
02-21-2017, 03:54 PM
They seriously need to calm down with the stupid kid appeal characters.
Anyways, that except or whatever kinda reads like bad fan-fiction. Kinda like the rest of this new stuff.

AT-Man
02-22-2017, 04:22 AM
How are Darth Vader, C-3PO, R2-D2 and Chewbacca also not stupid kid appeal characters?

sdp
02-22-2017, 01:25 PM
more internet nerd pandering.

Dust
02-22-2017, 01:44 PM
How are Darth Vader, C-3PO, R2-D2 and Chewbacca also not stupid kid appeal characters?

How is the main villain of the original trilogy a stupid kid appeal character?

Either way, the Disney canon is less of bad fan fiction than the EU was. Though there are good aspects in both and stupid aspects in both, though I think the good outweighs the bad in the new canon and I'm still undecided on the EU.

That's not Jar Jar's real fate though, clearly it's a Jar Jar clone while the original Jar Jar is manipulating everything from behind the scenes.

CyberCubed
02-22-2017, 01:52 PM
The Ewoks, Chewbacca, Nien Nuub or whatever his name is, are all goofy looking friendly aliens to appeal to children. I'm sure we know, when I was a kid I liked them too just based on what they looked like.

Krutch
02-22-2017, 02:45 PM
I was actually on board with the Darth Jar Jar theory. It'll never happen but I liked the concept behind it.

To be fair though, I never really disliked Jar Jar, either. I was and remain pretty indifferent towards him.

ToTheNines
02-22-2017, 03:02 PM
I was actually on board with the Darth Jar Jar theory. It'll never happen but I liked the concept behind it.

To be fair though, I never really disliked Jar Jar, either. I was and remain pretty indifferent towards him.

Yeah, he's stupid and pointless, but I never understood the extreme contempt that most people seem to have for him.

To me, C-3P0 was a million times worse in the prequels.

CyberCubed
02-22-2017, 03:31 PM
It's his way of talking. If you just dropped the, "Mee-sa" stuff, his character would have been far more accepted.

ToTheNines
02-22-2017, 03:38 PM
And how do we fix you?