PDA

View Full Version : Official Episode Discussion S4 Ep 26: Owari

Vicky82
02-22-2017, 11:28 AM
Owari has aired in Spain today and there will be a English recording aswell (thanks to Redworld)

Obviously this thread will be full of spoilers so if you don't want to be spoiled, keep out of this thread.

I will do a poll on Sunday

https://68.media.tumblr.com/2e3eabf24ef97308fc101ba29999ac25/tumblr_inline_olmrx6XP9l1rbtpg9_540.png

The Turtles realize they must stop Shredder, and end this conflict once and for all.

MrTMNT2012
02-22-2017, 11:44 AM
Greatest Episode in any Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series. Ever. By far.

Redworld96
02-22-2017, 11:46 AM
It was cool to understand everything this time :lol: .
Great ending. The episode will be available soon, I'll let you know

Plus: Now we can officially call Leonardo as The Sensei :D

Redworld96
02-22-2017, 12:44 PM
It's up on my tumblr now :)

Vicky82
02-22-2017, 01:25 PM
Just watched it and it got me emotional at the beginning and at the end.

It was brilliant but it was too quick though, the Shredder fight should have been bit more longer.

I wonder how long Karai was unconscious for because I was surprised she found out when the Turtles visited her in the hospital. It must have taken a few days to get everyone at the Farmhouse and prepare Splinters burial and make that tombstone.

I was surprised that Baxter wanted to stay as a mutated fly. I wonder if this his last appearance or he's becoming a cyborg next season.

I know Fishface isn't dead because remember that Instagram video Gwendolin Yeo posted From The Forgotten Swordsman over a year ago, you can hear Christian Lanz in the background saying to Raph about having a rematch.

So that Orange glow must have been Mikey's Spirit, hope we see more of his spiritual side next season.

I love that Donnie called Mikey 'Michael'

Leo talking to Spirit Splinter: I can't go on without You Father :tcry: That hit my heart alot

CyberCubed
02-22-2017, 01:28 PM
Pretty great episode, although I wish all 4 Turtles got to contribute to the final fight with Shredder instead of just Leo before they were all knocked off the roof. Like the nods back to Mirage too.

Surprised to see Baxter de-mutated, I wonder if he escaped the burning building. :lol: Also did Raph just kill Fishface?

We know Tiger Claw is back in Season 5, and I imagine Bebop/Rocksteady will be back too. Now that Don perfected retro-mutagen what's to stop them from finally de-mutating Mutagen Man? Or maybe even Karai's snake transformation, assuming she wants to lose it? Maybe she doesn't now since it gives her regenerative powers.

Vicky82
02-22-2017, 01:42 PM
I have proof Fishface doesnt die :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/9TwhL5nIMS/

CyberCubed
02-22-2017, 01:45 PM

LOL, I'm surprised she didn't get fired over that. :lol:

neatoman
02-22-2017, 01:49 PM

Of course he didn't die, I didn't need to hear this recording to figure that out.

GoldMutant
02-22-2017, 01:50 PM
Of course he didn't die, I didn't need to hear this recording to figure that out.

Especially because we already knew that he's coming back in season 5.

Redworld96
02-22-2017, 01:52 PM
So that Orange glow must have been Mikey's Spirit, hope we see more of his spiritual side next season.

I love that Donnie called Mikey 'Michael'

Do you mean this glow?
http://117.imagebam.com/download/Yy8n1CBgfC7ZQ_Ld5ZFDuQ/53417/534161124/2017-02-22_214847.png

I thought it was Shredder with cloudy view because he was suffering the effects of the retromutagen (although Donnie said it hasn't effects on him)

And yes, Donnie saying Michael was cool. In spanish it was only Mikey xD

CyberCubed
02-22-2017, 02:02 PM
To be honest now that Baxter has been de-mutated, I wonder if in Season 5 they'll just de-mutate Tiger Claw, Rahzar, Fishface, etc. and throw them all into jail.

MrTMNT2012
02-22-2017, 02:06 PM
Loved the dialogue between Leo/Tiger Claw and Leo & Shredder. Felt very personal and fitting for a final fight!

"Whatever evil comes our way, we'll beat them...cause we're awesome" - worst line of the show though and typical Brandon Auman cringe-fest.

Still ended on a good note with the still frame of Splinter in the background.

Autbot_Benz
02-22-2017, 02:06 PM
I loved Casey Jones's new mask its really sweet looking

Vicky82
02-22-2017, 02:17 PM
Do you mean this glow?
http://117.imagebam.com/download/Yy8n1CBgfC7ZQ_Ld5ZFDuQ/53417/534161124/2017-02-22_214847.png

I thought it was Shredder with cloudy view because he was suffering the effects of the retromutagen (although Donnie said it hasn't effects on him)

Yeah that, to me it does look spiritual and it makes sense after finding out that Mikey is spiritual as well as Leo.

CyberCubed
02-22-2017, 02:22 PM
Yeah that, to me it does look spiritual and it makes sense after finding out that Mikey is spiritual as well as Leo.

It could be like Season 5 of the 2k3 series where the Turtles started glowing when they delved into their mystic powers.

Redworld96
02-22-2017, 02:32 PM
Knowing the summary of The forgotten Swordman .... then will Karai search Shredder's mask that Leo showed to the rest after the battle? Leo could just bring it with him at that moment :lol:

Vicky82
02-22-2017, 02:33 PM
Knowing the summary of The forgotten Swordman .... then will Karai search Shredder's mask that Leo showed to the rest after the battle? Leo could just bring it with him at that moment :lol:

It could be a fake one and the real Kuro Kabuto is probably in a safe somewhere.

Redworld96
02-22-2017, 02:51 PM
In The Super Shredder episode, while he's mutating we can see him taking his Kuro Kabuto from his room (picture in spoiler tag):

http://117.imagebam.com/download/DUbDezsdf3hqFfZY2Cc6OA/53417/534167354/2017-02-22_224801.png

It's off-screen but I have always thought he put it and the Kuro merged with his head during the transformation.

But it could be just a fake one as you said

ssjup81
02-22-2017, 02:52 PM
Especially because we already knew that he's coming back in season 5.*didn't know this*

Vicky82
02-22-2017, 02:54 PM
In The Super Shredder episode, while he's mutating we can see him taking his Kuro Kabuto from his room (picture in spoiler tag):

http://117.imagebam.com/download/DUbDezsdf3hqFfZY2Cc6OA/53417/534167354/2017-02-22_224801.png

It's off-screen but I have always thought he put it and the Kuro merged with his head during the transformation.

But it could be just a fake one as you said

Yeah It still could be a fake one, Karai wore a similar one in City at War.

Redworld96
02-22-2017, 02:57 PM
Yeah It still could be a fake one, Karai wore a similar one in City at War.

True!!
I am starting to think that Shredder had a closet full of Kuro Kabutos lol :lol::lol:

Fang Wolf
02-22-2017, 03:21 PM
I am starting to think that Shredder had a closet full of Kuro Kabutos lol :lol::lol:

So you mean that Shredder change Kuro Kabuto
as much as we changing underwear? :tlol:

CyberCubed
02-22-2017, 04:36 PM
Also people can stop whining about Pigeon Pete or April's father being "missing" as they were at the funeral. We also got another reference to Casey's family even if we've never seen them.

FredWolfLeonardo
02-22-2017, 07:35 PM
I just realized that Razhar and Fishface "died" in completely opposite ways. Razhar was dragged underwater while Fishface was left to suffocate on land.

CyberCubed
02-22-2017, 08:04 PM
I hope Shinigami gets more screentime in Season 5. She's a neat idea for a character but she's been very underused.

Coola Yagami
02-22-2017, 08:08 PM
So... this didn't air on tv yet, as far as i know its still not next Sunday, so where are all the people complaining about spoilers and bannings and such. Just.... wtf? I know you saw it online somehow but it hasn't aired on tv yet. Geez.

CyberCubed
02-22-2017, 08:12 PM
So... this didn't air on tv yet, as far as i know its still not next Sunday, so where are all the people complaining about spoilers and bannings and such. Just.... wtf? I know you saw it online somehow but it hasn't aired on tv yet. Geez.

Because this is an episode thread designed for the ep discussion. Anyone stupid enough to come into an episode review thread complaining about spoilers is their own fault.

What we were saying before was people talking about the unaired episodes in other random threads, not the designated spoiler threads.

ssjup81
02-22-2017, 08:13 PM
So... this didn't air on tv yet, as far as i know its still not next Sunday, so where are all the people complaining about spoilers and bannings and such. Just.... wtf? I know you saw it online somehow but it hasn't aired on tv yet. Geez.The English version aired in Spain and one of the members here recorded it for all to see. Check the second or third post of this thread.

Coola Yagami
02-22-2017, 08:15 PM
So what's the difference between Spain and Korea? What's the difference between us watching some person's recording over us watching the Korean ep on youtube? The hypocrisy is killing me.

ssjup81
02-22-2017, 08:24 PM
So what's the difference between Spain and Korea? What's the difference between us watching some person's recording over us watching the Korean ep on youtube? The hypocrisy is killing me.Guess it's because the release date is closer? I guess it's no different from when Nick would sometimes put eps up on their site a week before its initial broadcast. Some would put up an ep discussion thread for those who watched it and for those of us that didn't, would just avoid it.

Ninturtle
02-22-2017, 08:40 PM
So what's the difference between Spain and Korea? What's the difference between us watching some person's recording over us watching the Korean ep on youtube? The hypocrisy is killing me.

You are in a thread for discussion of an episode, there's no hypocrisy. Nobody had a problem with spoilers in the Korean episode thread.

CyberCubed
02-22-2017, 08:50 PM

Coola, stop playing dumb. You know better than this, and we all know it. It's an episode review thread. People aren't posting random spoilers in unrelated threads. :lol:

MarsicornYT
02-22-2017, 11:12 PM
That episode was so good!!!! I loved it! I thought Donnie was going to get the last hit on Shredder, but he just got denied.
And it looks like Raph's really angry from Splinters death that he wanted to kill Fishface... or would he have done that to him anyway? And I didn't know TigerClaw was still with the foot, where was he Requiem then? Probably recoveri g, anyway his fight scenes this ep was awesome, he fights interestingly now with his multiple arm attachments.

Best epsiode ever I think it beats Requiem cause that was one of the first times the Turtles and Shredder have had an awesome and long fight.

Vicky82
02-22-2017, 11:22 PM
I just realized that Razhar and Fishface "died" in completely opposite ways. Razhar was dragged underwater while Fishface was left to suffocate on land.

Fishface aint dead

(i'm so going to keep posting this every time someone says Fishface is dead)

Spain has the episode in Spanish and English, that's why I did the episode thread. If the episode wasn't recorded in English I would of done the Episode thread on Saturday anyway because it airs in the UK.

ssjup81
02-22-2017, 11:31 PM
Fishface aint dead

(i'm so going to keep posting this every time someone says Fishface is dead)

Spain has the episode in Spanish and English, that's why I did the episode thread. If the episode wasn't recorded in English I would of done the Episode thread on Saturday anyway because it airs in the UK.Welp, he's around, but I will assume Rahzar is dead.

Redworld96
02-23-2017, 02:19 AM

Firstly: Days ago Vicky asked in the season 4 thread if we could get the Owari discussion thread soon (and obviously putting all the spoilers there) and no one complained about it, as long as the spoilers don't pass that thread.

This is the difference between Korea and Spain: In December people only could watch it in korean and no one in the forum understood any word, so we couldn't make any important discussion, just guesses and theories, and we had the korean thread for that.
But now the episode is with english audio and people can now make their full reviews.

But again, we asked in the season 4 thread, we warned there would be spoilers on it, and people who answered said there was no problem with it.

So I don't really understand your complain. If you don't want to read spoilers, just don't read this thread in the first place and wait until sunday.
"Hypocrisy" where??

Coola Yagami
02-23-2017, 04:43 AM
I already saw it, so I'm good. I just don't like how it seemed noone could discuss it without threats of being banned if they already saw it in Korea somehow, but now suddenly it's ok because someone filmed it in Spain and posted it here. English or not, it still hasn't aired on American tv. Why not wait and make the topic this Sunday then?

I just feel past arguments on wether or not the episode was viewed on legal means go out the window when most of you flocked to see this recording. What's the difference between watching this recording and watching the Korean eps on YouTube? Language or not, Viacom hasn't decided to air it in America until this Sunday.

ToTheNines
02-23-2017, 05:12 AM
Because **** sticks like TMNTInsighter and other simpletons were talking about it in random threads. There was a thread for the Korean episodes that everyone with an iota of decency was using for discussion. Just like how people are keeping Owari spoilers contained to this thread.

Redworld96
02-23-2017, 06:51 AM
I just feel past arguments on wether or not the episode was viewed on legal means go out the window when most of you flocked to see this recording. What's the difference between watching this recording and watching the Korean eps on YouTube? Language or not, Viacom hasn't decided to air it in America until this Sunday.

The "problem" was not where did you watch the korean episodes. The problem was that some people on the forum started to talk about spoilers in few threads where they didn't have to and they get banned for that. That's something different.

And as ssjup81 said before, if Nick would have uploaded the episode on the website days before (it happened in the past), the thread would have been created anyway. Or even this saturday because UK will watch it that day.

Storm Eagle
02-23-2017, 07:09 AM
I was surprised that Baxter wanted to stay as a mutated fly. I wonder if this his last appearance or he's becoming a cyborg next season.

I know Fishface isn't dead because remember that Instagram video Gwendolin Yeo posted From The Forgotten Swordsman over a year ago, you can hear Christian Lanz in the background saying to Raph about having a rematch.

If Baxter wanted to stay a mutant fly, then I don't feel so bad about him getting mutated anymore. I knew that he got demutated from seeing the Korean dub of the episode. I was happy about that, but I figured that he might get mutated again in the next season. So since you say that he wanted to stay a fly, I get the feeling that should he be involved in the next season, he'd have gotten used to being human again, and will get mutated again, but wouldn't want to.

Also, that clip from Gwendolin Yeo is news to me as well.

Redworld96
02-23-2017, 07:26 AM
Where can I see this with English?

We can't share links here. Go to your inbox on the forum

evan2000
02-23-2017, 09:51 AM
Finally got to watch this in English thanks to Redworld96 :D

The first minute or so (during Splinter's funeral) was really bitter to watch :cry: no dialogs, just showing everyone's sad faces with hardly any movements :(

It was fitting to see several of Splinter's most treasured personal belongings placed in front of his tombstone. It was also a nice touch to have his silhouette carved at the top of it.

Meanwhile it was cute to see Chompy clinging on Slash's shoulder; I guess Slash was cool with Raphael's new pet replacing himself :P

The conversation between Leonardo and spiritual Splinter sort of implied that Splinter already expected this to happen and therefore made preparations in advance. Who knows what form of meditations he had been exercising prior to this, such that he could continue to "interact" with his sons after his death.

The rest of the episode is probably the most brutal TMNT ever in animation form (admittedly we've seen worse in the comics though)! Basically they weren't pulling any stops in their quest to kill Shredder until they succeeded.

The ending was pretty rushed and it was weird seeing them ditch the "dark" gear so quickly and revert to their usual outfit. I guess the only thing that would stay permanent after this is Casey's new mask, since the old one was broken.

To be fair, I'd consider Requiem/Owari as a 2-parter, and not two standalone episodes, especially when comparing with previous season finales. I think it is the best finale hands down, closely followed by Season 2's The Invasion. I would have rated Season 3's Annihilation: Earth higher if not because I was spoiled by the novel adaptation prior to watching it, as well as the stupid "awesome" dialog by Casey right at the bummer ending! That being said, I actually consider Season 1's Showdown pretty underrated; it was a real eye-opener and extremely intense the first time I watched it, unfortunately many of the fresh elements introduced by it got stale real quick in Season 2 and beyond, as the threat level of the Technodrome and Kraang Prime got downplayed in favour of newer, bigger threats down the road. However, during the first time watching it, I was honestly blown away :o

Welp, can't wait for Season 5 to begin :D (which I assume has to be real soon, or the upcoming DVD release would "leak" the first 4 eps before being aired on TV)

neatoman
02-23-2017, 09:54 AM
"Leo, you must go to the Dagobah System!"

Edit: Let's just add to this.

"You told me Hamato Yoshi murdered my mother"

"Your mother... was seduced by the Hamato Yoshi. He ceased to be my brother and I wouldn't have killed her if it wasn't for that. When that happened, he was to blame and your mother was destroyed. So, what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."

"You're a dick for not telling me this in the first place, you know that right?"

CyberCubed
02-23-2017, 11:07 AM
So since you say that he wanted to stay a fly, I get the feeling that should he be involved in the next season, he'd have gotten used to being human again, and will get mutated again, but wouldn't want to.

I seriously doubt they're going to mutate Baxter again if they de-mutated him to a human. The writers are either done with him or he'll go the cyborg route.

GoldMutant
02-23-2017, 12:22 PM
Personally don't understand the hype of last episode and this one.

I will admit, the action was excellent; while not as good as Requiem to me, it certainly delivered. Each Turtle got one individual moment this episode, Raphael nearly killing Fishface, Michelangelo curing Baxter Stockman (more on that later), Leonardo killing Shredder (as expected) and Donnie... I'm not sure if he stood out despite the trap with Bebop and Rocksteady. I wouldn't say it's the series' best action, but it certainly was the most brutal in terms of the sequences.

I also enjoyed the opening sequence at the farmhouse. Minimal dialogue, just facial reactions until Leo goes to meditate, something I honestly wish was done more in the franchise itself cartoon wise. Then Leo talking to Splinter's spirit... while not that emotional for me due to the shock value being repetitious, I have to admit the farmhouse was genuinely moving this time. Seth Green has come into his own as Leonardo; while it's obviously him with his natural voice, he certainly shined this time as did Kevin Michael Richardson.

Little nods also like the introduction of Casey's signature hockey mask, the Outtie 5000 line, and the black and white still of Leo vs SS were very good as well.

However, though an action oriented episode, I almost feel not enough time was given in the emotional department. It's a criticism of not only this episode, but Requiem as well. Something felt missing for me due to Leo being the only one to fully reflect on Splinter's death this episode. Even with their father-son/teacher-student relationship being present, it just felt weird. You could make an argument for Mikey with the chains in the final fight, but I'd rather wait on season 5 before making that judgment call.

A personal gripe of this episode for me is Baxter Stockman. He's my favorite character in the franchise, a scapegoat who just doesn't catch a break but shines in small doses. I am happy that he was cured here as the fly. While synonymous with him after Fred Wolf besides being a cyborg, I certainly didn't like him saying he liked being a fly. Again, I understand you can argue he was woozy after being cured but I don't see how it helped Baxter at all, especially because when he was mutated in Lonely Mutation, he claimed he was a freak. It feels off putting for him to want to remain a fly, it's like I missed an episode when he hasn't had primary focus at all in season 3 and only in The Insecta Trifecta did he get the spotlight one last time.

Even though it's great this was a finale that lacked Kraang involvement and an invasion, Owari doesn't fully appeal to me. I see why a lot of you like it, but it's personally not my cup of tea. If it aired back to back with Requiem I'd assume the impact would be greater. The action may have been eye candy, but I wish more was done. Easily among the best of the season.... which unfortunately is not saying much. 8 out of 10.

neatoman
02-23-2017, 01:42 PM
I seriously doubt they're going to mutate Baxter again if they de-mutated him to a human. The writers are either done with him or he'll go the cyborg route.

I was thrown off guard a bit by his desire to remain a fly though, it's kind of weird that he actually liked it. But yeah sure, they're probably either going the cyborg route or no exotic route at all.

Hun: Stockman, you tried to double cross me, prepare for punishment!
Stockman: Oh! Are you going to mutate me!?
Hun: What? No! I'm just going tear your eye out, why would I waste a rare alien resource on punishment?
Stockman: Please mutate me!
Hun: No! Just for that, your arm is coming off as well!
Stockman: I beg of you, please turn me back into a fly!
Hun: ... Do you have any idea how few organs you need to live? It's a lot fewer than you'd think...

Fang Wolf
02-24-2017, 03:53 PM
How could Leo kill Shredder? Were stab Leo Shredder? Neck or heart?
Because Karai could not even hurt him in heart? Or anyone else could even hurt him.

And why retro-mutagenic does not work on Shredder? :shredder:

Storm Eagle
02-24-2017, 04:28 PM
And why retro-mutagenic does not work on Shredder?[/I] :shredder:

Probably because the amount they used wasn't enough. If they still had the one that Michelangelo used on Baxter, it might have been enough.

victory_angel
02-24-2017, 04:30 PM
How could Leo kill Shredder? Were stab Leo Shredder? Neck or heart?
Because Karai could not even hurt him in heart? Or anyone else could even hurt him.

And why retro-mutagenic does not work on Shredder? :shredder:

Question 1: they implied the Shredder was decapitated by Leo.

Question 2: Shredder has been taking the mutagen in multiple doses and stockman refined the retromutagen to stabilize the mutagen in the Shredders blood stream. So that likely changed up the chemical composition
Thus making the retromutagen useless.

TLP
02-24-2017, 08:30 PM
[I]How could Leo kill Shredder? Were stab Leo Shredder? Neck or heart?

I was just about to ask that.

Shredder's death was so unconvincing and very unsatisfying, especially if we're not even going to get an explanation as to how Leo's blade was able to pierce Shredder but Karai's couldn't.
Also, he deserved an onscreen death. Regardless if it is a kid show, they could have done clever angles with the helmet and Shredder's lifeless body kneeling over without showing the headless stump.

victory_angel
02-24-2017, 10:16 PM
Just watched it and it got me emotional at the beginning and at the end.

It was brilliant but it was too quick though, the Shredder fight should have been bit more longer.

I wonder how long Karai was unconscious for because I was surprised she found out when the Turtles visited her in the hospital. It must have taken a few days to get everyone at the Farmhouse and prepare Splinters burial and make that tombstone.

I agree, both Requiem and Owari should both have been 2 hour specials to really drive home the drama of the situation.

For Karai, she did say she had a dream that told her that Splinter was gone. And the Turtles just confirm that yes that was the case.

As for Baxter, yeah it's a bit shocking he wanted to stay a fly since in Lonely Mutation he was so desperate to return human that he was willing to dump April in mutagen with the intent of merging her DNA with his. Or quite possibly murder Donatello in order to get the retromutagen from him.

And we also see him attempting to make retromutagen for himself at least once. My guess it's because Shredder has been relying on him so much and he's come to see how useful his mutation is that he has pretty much accepted his mutated form.

I think we might see him again, we don't know if he survived the fire since the last we see of him was when Mikey knocks him unconscious. Perhaps he does wake up and escape before the fire guts the manse. Casey does mention that Tigerclaw is still out there. I mean even though Fishfaces breathing apparatus was taken away, he was still close enough to the water to crawl back in once the Turtles weren't paying him any attention.

From the look of things the villain take out is sort of following the Vision Quest thing. During Vision Quest the order was:

Mikey vs. Rahzar
Raph vs. Fishface
Donnie vs. Tiger Claw
and Leo vs. Shredder

Rahzar has been taken out by Leatherhead, who is a friend of Mikey. It is possible that Rahzar could return since there isn't any official confirmation that he is dead. The guy was run over by a subway train and crushed against a wall by a dumpster and survived. So we may not have seen the last of him yet.

Raph has taken out Fishface and according to that instagram post, Vicky it looks like they are having a rematch. So Raph will likely make sashimi out of him.

Leo has taken out the Shredder and showing his brothers the Shredder's mask was confirmation that he is dead.

That means perhaps Donnie will be the one who defeats Tiger Claw. Which would be fitting since Donnie was the only turtle never encountered initially. And what times he has actually encountered all four Turtles, he's pretty much mentally pegged Donnie as a weaker fighter. The only turtle Tiger Claw targets regularly is Leo since he's the leader and most skilled of the group.

Also during vision quest, Tiger Claw was the only defeated enemy that had the more ambiguous death scene while everyone else was killed off on screen.

CyberCubed
02-24-2017, 11:22 PM
I was just about to ask that.

Shredder's death was so unconvincing and very unsatisfying, especially if we're not even going to get an explanation as to how Leo's blade was able to pierce Shredder but Karai's couldn't.
Also, he deserved an onscreen death. Regardless if it is a kid show, they could have done clever angles with the helmet and Shredder's lifeless body kneeling over without showing the headless stump.

He did get an on-screen death. The moment you see Leo slice him in the air is when he died.

victory_angel
02-24-2017, 11:42 PM
He did get an on-screen death. The moment you see Leo slice him in the air is when he died.

The only thing that would have made it more convincing was seeing a line across the Shredder's neck.

Vicky82
02-25-2017, 12:48 PM
A thought came to me while I was watching the UK airing.

I wonder if Bebop and Rocksteady will want to get revenge on Donnie for turning the weapons against them 'cough' issue 44 'cough'.

ToTheNines
02-25-2017, 12:52 PM
I can't imagine Zeck and Steranko being that vicious.

Vicky82
02-25-2017, 12:55 PM
I can't imagine Zeck and Steranko being that vicious.

Yeah I can't actually but they could still really hurt him.

victory_angel
02-25-2017, 01:24 PM
Yeah I can't actually but they could still really hurt him.

Fishface I can see being on his own, since we have seen him act alone some times.

Same with Rahzar, he'd be wanting to avenge the Shredder.

Bebop and Rocksteady I can see maybe being with Tiger Claw all five hench men are influenced by Kravoxus. And Donnie ends up getting the issue 44 treatment because of that.

Then again, I can see Don Vizioso being mutated into Titanus. So that way he goes from being a morbidly rotund human who sees mutants as garbage, to a morbidly rotund Mutant who feels humans are truly the scum of the Earth. But he still wants to capture and kill off the Turtles and the Mutanimals as an example of what happens to human sympathizers. The remnants of the Shredder's hench mutants (minus Tiger Claw) join up with him, simply because they see benefits in doing so particularly since Shredder had said that Fishface had all of the hispanic gangs on his side, and also episode debuting Mondo Geko, it was mentioned that Fishface was also gathering mutation orphans and other unfortunates who had become mutants. And Rocksteady had ties to the Russian Mafia. So that's how the issue 44 events take place.

It wouldn't be blood like the event though, what might happen is we see Donnie or someone getting held down and the hammer falling. Followed by a close up of still Donnie's face before it the shot shatters. Much like Leo's had been when he was struck down by the Shredder during the invasion.

Redworld96
02-25-2017, 01:55 PM
We know from the Toy Fair that Bebop and Rocksteady from the 80' cartoons will come to the 2k12 universe. Maybe it means that B&R from 2k12 died because of Donnie in this episode? :-?

Dust
02-25-2017, 02:57 PM
We know from the Toy Fair that Bebop and Rocksteady from the 80' cartoons will come to the 2k12 universe. Maybe it means that B&R from 2k12 died because of Donnie in this episode? :-?

Bebop and Rocksteady from the Nick universe are also gonna be in that Bebop and Rocksteady arc or whatever it's gonna be due to official artwork depicting them as being there. They're not dead.

FredWolfLeonardo
02-25-2017, 03:49 PM
Bebop and Rocksteady from the Nick universe are also gonna be in that Bebop and Rocksteady arc or whatever it's gonna be due to official artwork depicting them as being there. They're not dead.

Their defeat in Requiem was over the top and goofy, with them running away and going "Ow, ow" as the lasers shot them like a scene straight out of Tom and Jerry. I don't think they're meant to be dead. I can see Razhar and Fishface dying but not Bebop and Rocksteady, especially since their counterparts are appearing in season 5.

GoldMutant
02-26-2017, 07:02 AM
Friendly reminder that the episode airs right now in America. :)

It still baffles me it took two years to finish this one season.

oldmanwinters
02-26-2017, 07:14 AM
When Donatello said "Michael." lol

ctt4lfecw
02-26-2017, 07:31 AM
Awesome finale.

ObiWanFan4life
02-26-2017, 07:35 AM
This is definitely my favorite season finale in the series so far! The action is exciting and kinetic, the dialogue is spot on, and it wraps things up in a satisfying and poignant way. 10 out of 10!

Can't wait to see what Season 5 brings us!

BubblyShell22
02-26-2017, 08:02 AM
Definitely one of the best finales ever. I loved every bit of it. The funeral was touching and sad just as it should have been. I also loved Leo communicating with Splinter's spirit and got a movie one vibe from it with him meditating and Splinter saying, "Leonardo." I had hoped they would do something like that, and I'm glad they finally did. The battles were intense and the Turtles didn't pull any punches which was just as it should have been. Leo getting the final blow felt like justice because he is the head of the family and had to do what Splinter was unable to do. I don't think his brothers will be upset about that because they knew it had to end somehow and Leo was the only one who could do it. However, none of them gave up without a fight and did land quite a few hits on him before being taken out.

Overall, a fantastic finale and I saw a preview that season five will air March nineteenth so we don't have too long to wait. It's going to be bittersweet given that five is the last season, but I have a feeling it will be epic nonetheless so I'm stoked for it.

ObiWanFan4life
02-26-2017, 08:06 AM
Definitely one of the best finales ever. I loved every bit of it. The funeral was touching and sad just as it should have been. I also loved Leo communicating with Splinter's spirit and got a movie one vibe from it with him meditating and Splinter saying, "Leonardo." I had hoped they would do something like that, and I'm glad they finally did. The battles were intense and the Turtles didn't pull any punches which was just as it should have been. Leo getting the final blow felt like justice because he is the head of the family and had to do what Splinter was unable to do. I don't think his brothers will be upset about that because they knew it had to end somehow and Leo was the only one who could do it. However, none of them gave up without a fight and did land quite a few hits on him before being taken out.

Overall, a fantastic finale and I saw a preview that season five will air March nineteenth so we don't have too long to wait. It's going to be bittersweet given that five is the last season, but I have a feeling it will be epic nonetheless so I'm stoked for it.

Can't wait to see how it all ends.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
02-26-2017, 08:16 AM
It still baffles me it took two years to finish this one season.

By spanning the season over two years instead of one, Nickelodeon can milk more money by marketing one season over two years, but still for the production-costs of one season.

ToTheNines
02-26-2017, 08:26 AM
Epic stuff. The funeral was really well done, as was Leo's talk with Splinter's spirit.

The "super ninja" gear was cool, and I know they gotta sell toys, but I think they missed the perfect opportunity to have the guys all don red masks. Oh well.

The raid on the complex was fun up until they got to Bebop and Rocksteady. They feel pretty tedious at this point and took away from the tension. I'm also tired of TigerClaw, but that low blow he took at Leo over Splinter's death was a good moment. Really highlights what a crap sack he is.

I CANNOT BELIEVE they got away with that 'bass to mouth" joke from Xever. I'm a huge South Park fan, so it was funny and all... but jeeze. Easily the raunchiest moment in all of TMNT, right after the porn parody stuff.

The boss fight was pretty much perfect. Raph had the best combo, aside from Leo's big RTNY moment. I never get tired of seeing old Saki getting his noggin lopped off.

Last scene was neat, save for Mikey's lame line. Loved Splinter watching over them all. Coulda been the series finale, despite some loose ends remaining.

Ioz
02-26-2017, 08:51 AM
I enjoyed the last two episodes. I'm guessing we've seen the last of Fish Face, but that Bebop and Rocksteady will return. It was good to see Money Brains in the beginning since they didn't show him escaping last week.

IndigoErth
02-26-2017, 08:55 AM
Nice! Plan on catching the repeat at noon to have a better look, hard to keep up on who was doing what. All that black gear and paint did what it was supposed to.

Only thing I was kind of disappointed with was that the killing blow on Shredder was kind of weak after how brutal the show handled it with Splinter. I assumed the retro mutagen at least weakened him to even make it possible...

Nick show busy purging baddies... Baxter though. lol There's no pleasing him.

Love Splinter showing up. Hopefully that is not the last we'll see of him, and hope the others see him at some point as well. I do wish the funeral wasn't limited to one far angle, after all the emotion they've tried to play on but didn't use it here. But I guess time was limited with everything else they had to pack into one ep. Though I kind of expected them to visit his grave again at the end, maybe leave Shredder's helmet there, but maybe it's a bit cliche.

edit: Interesting that they're changing the title a bit for the next season.

Vicky82
02-26-2017, 08:57 AM
I enjoyed the last two episodes. I'm guessing we've seen the last of Fish Face, but that Bebop and Rocksteady will return. It was good to see Money Brains in the beginning since they didn't show him escaping last week.

Nope your wrong about Fishface

MrTMNT2012
02-26-2017, 08:58 AM
Honestly...I watched the Season 5 sneak peak and they failed to show anything of substance to get me excited so I think I'm gonna call it here.

It's been a fun show. Great beginning, great ending.

Could have been up there with the likes of Avatar: The Last Airbender or Rick and Morty but they got rid of their Season One writers. Shame.

PApagreg
02-26-2017, 09:07 AM
Nope your wrong about Fishface

Vicky its "you're", seriously how can someone in her mid 30s messed that up.

As for the episode I didn't care much for it in fact I kinda feel it was disappointing, I mean this final fight with Shredder and we get this. Some random forest area where the turtles beat his enforcers with ease I mean at least with the Krang battle they sacrificed Metalhead and did some sort of recon but here they fell for a trap like a bunch of amateurs. Also I didn't care for their "dark" get up, sort of felt like a step down from their Vision Quest armor(seriously Raph's suit had a flamethrower, how awesome was that).

Also in
Broken Foot- Vengeance is bad and you should't be attacking the enemies empire when he is at his weakest

But in
Owari- Vengeance is good and you should attack the enemy when he's basically a ghetto version of doomsday and when he has all his crap in one area.

GoldMutant
02-26-2017, 09:08 AM
By spanning the season over two years instead of one, Nickelodeon can milk more money by marketing one season over two years, but still for the production-costs of one season.

Perhaps, but considering that the upcoming Super Shredder DVD will have the first four season 5 episodes, it still feels faulty. Add in the annoyance of piracy, especially when the episodes were leaked in Korea, and people aren't going to pay that easily.

I mean, Requiem has the lowest viewership thus far, it's barely above the 1.0 mark. Interest has waned by the general public due to how bad these breaks were; some may not like the direction of the series either, but that's a different perspective.

Sales will probably be good, but not good enough.

"Krang, should't

Says the one with the run-on sentences and makes the occasional mistake himself. Refer to the mistakes in bold.

Vicky82
02-26-2017, 09:13 AM

Well i'm sorry, I do have trouble with Grammar due to having a learning difficulty, from being born nearly 2 months early.

ssjup81
02-26-2017, 09:14 AM

As for the episode I didn't care much for it in fact I kinda feel it was disappointing, I mean this final fight with Shredder and we get this. Some random forest area where the turtles beat his enforcers with ease I mean at least with the Krang battle they sacrificed Metalhead and did some sort of recon but here they fell for a trap like a bunch of amateurs. Also I didn't care for their "dark" get up, sort of felt like a step down from their Vision Quest armor(seriously Raph's suit had a flamethrower, how awesome was that).

Also in
Broken Foot- Vengeance is bad and you should't be attacking the enemies empire when he is at his weakest

But in
Owari- Vengeance is good and you should attack the enemy when he's basically a ghetto version of doomsday and when he has all his crap in one area.I wonder if killing him was plan B, getting down to it. Seems the original plan was to demutate him.

IndigoErth
02-26-2017, 09:21 AM
Also, i know Shredder is (was) already clinically insane to begin with, but when your house in a previously unknown location is already built like some kind of death trap on the off chance someone might attack you there someday and force you into serious battle... wtf.

ssjup81
02-26-2017, 09:25 AM
Also, i know Shredder is (was) already clinically insane to begin with, but when your house in a previously unknown location is already built like some kind of death trap on the off chance someone might attack you there someday and force you into serious battle... wtf.Well, I could understand him wanting something like that given his illegal dealings with mob bosses and stuff. If any dared to go after him all Godfather style, they definitely won't survive.

Redworld96
02-26-2017, 09:32 AM
Add the poll Vicky now that the episode has already been aired :D It was really a good ending

Vicky82
02-26-2017, 09:40 AM
Add the poll Vicky now that the episode has already been aired :D It was really a good ending

I will after the Pacific side airs the episode.

Too be honest, i'm having trouble what to put.

asfaloth12
02-26-2017, 09:41 AM
This may become one of my favorite episodes in the entire series.

I loved how all of the turtles worked together to bring Shredder down. They have really grown strong, especially when you compare this fight scene to their first Shredder fight in The Gauntlet. Leo got the final blow (which seemed appropriate to me, seeing how Shredder beat him into a three-month coma at the end of Season 2), but all of the turtles got some good hits in (Go Raph!!) and I really felt that they were all essential in that final fight. Loved that one part with glowing!Mikey as well.

A few other things that were awesome
--Loved the way they did the funeral scene and that scene between Splinter and Leo. For some reason, I really liked the way Leo's eyes turned white at the end of that scene.
--Great music during the scene when they were getting their weapons ready and preparing to face Shredder.

Great episode overall!

ToTheNines
02-26-2017, 09:54 AM

Don't be a dick, dude. It's one thing to be a grammar nazi, but Vicky is one of the nicest people here. And you're no master with the keyboard, yourself.

Also in

But in
Owari- Vengeance is good and you should attack the enemy when he's basically a ghetto version of doomsday and when he has all his crap in one area.

In Broken Foot, the message was to not kick the hornet's nest.

In Owari, the message was to kill the roided out homicidal maniac before he kills you.

PApagreg
02-26-2017, 10:01 AM
Don't be a dick, dude. It's one thing to be a grammar nazi, but Vicky is one of the nicest people here. And you're no master with the keyboard, yourself.

In Broken Foot, the message was to not kick the hornet's nest.

In Owari, the message was to kill the roided out homicidal maniac before he kills you.

Ehh, she tried to call me an idiot a while back.

Also what hornet's nest, at that point in the series we already learned Shredder was willing to sacrifice the world to kill Splinter so Karai attacking his empire would't make the situation any worse. Also doesn't it make more since to kill the maniac when he is bedridden instead when he turns into dime store Hulk.

GoldMutant
02-26-2017, 10:02 AM
Too be honest, i'm having trouble what to put.

You could say something about the Mirage line "The Shredder has been shredded" as a joke as one. :P

Or maybe a Splinter is God joke? Lots of options.

ninja-zero
02-26-2017, 10:03 AM
So Stockman's back into human again?

Will he end up going cyborg or perhaps to the supernatural route.

ToTheNines
02-26-2017, 10:12 AM
Also what hornet's nest, at that point in the series we already learned Shredder was willing to sacrifice the world to kill Splinter so Karai attacking his empire would't make the situation any worse. Also doesn't it make more since to kill the maniac when he is bedridden instead when he turns into dime store Hulk.

I think Splinter knew how badly he injured him, especially when he disappeared for months.

Plus all Karai was doing was messing with his operations and pissing him off. Perhaps he was being positive and hoping he'd just stay away. I doubt he would have guessed Shredder would have mutated himself.

PApagreg
02-26-2017, 10:26 AM
I think Splinter knew how badly he injured him, especially when he disappeared for months.

Plus all Karai was doing was messing with his operations and pissing him off. Perhaps he was being positive and hoping he'd just stay away. I doubt he would have guessed Shredder would have mutated himself.

With all do respect nines, Shredder is always pissed off and at least with Karai messing with his operation damaged his empire as a result. Another thing is that this is the same guy who wanted a mutant army, is responsible for turning half of his enforcers into mutants, allied with an alien species that wanted the extinction of mankind and turned the daughter of Tang Shen(the woman he loved) into a Tyke Bomb. I don't see a type of man like that staying away after his mortal enemy crippled him.

IndigoErth
02-26-2017, 10:34 AM
Alright, I take it back about the funeral... nicely done, if brief. Apparently the first airing started a tad early for me, making me miss seeing that anyone else but the Turtles was even there.

ToTheNines
02-26-2017, 10:34 AM
Ciro posted this today.

http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww280/craig-5/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_20170226-123013.png

Maybe the DVD will let them use this version?

IndigoErth
02-26-2017, 10:40 AM
Ciro posted this today.

http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww280/craig-5/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_20170226-123013.png

Niiiice.... So my "off with his head" wish last week was intended to come true. :tthumbsu: No wonder it seemed less brutal compared to Splinter's death.

I dunno, they could have at least shown the sword slice through (in a very quick "blink and you'll miss it" way) if not the separation.

Redworld96
02-26-2017, 10:40 AM
Ciro posted this today.

We can see there was a censure between Ciro's picture and the scene aired on Nick:
https://i.imgur.com/zRRBO83.jpg

ToTheNines
02-26-2017, 11:13 AM
The aired version at least allowed more blood on Leo's sword than Ciro's take originally had.

oldmanwinters
02-26-2017, 11:30 AM
I'll confess I was a little let down on the classic beheading sequence. I understand the censorship issue, but it was still more confusing than it needed to be. Leo holds up Shredder's... face?... helmet? I thought the mutagen just molded that face plate to his bones or something? So did Leo have time to clean and gut the mask after winning? I still think the 4Kids Season 1 did the Mirage homage better, but I give Nick credit as this probably was a human death as opposed to a robot shell losing its head.

Also, maybe I missed it, but I didn't follow that Raph and Mikey both fell off the building. I just thought they were knocked out somewhere on the roof until they were suddenly at ground level.

Now I'm really curious as to the limits of Retro-Mutagen. When Kirby O'Neil was a mutant bat, Donatello cooked up a decent amount of Retro-Ooze, but all Kirby needed was a little taste on the tongue to fully restore his humanity. Super Shredder gets hit in the heart with a full bottle and no effect? Maybe it was Baxter's ingenuity at work?

Speaking of Baxter, who knew he had the capacity to make Retro-Mutagen the whole time? Has he ever hinted that he knew how to reverse mutations? You would think Shredder would have tried to utilize that against the Turtles. Ah, vengeance clouds the judgment, I guess.

The opening scene was so well done with the time lapse over the grave as the various folks gradually leave until the turtles alone remained. I was surprised that neither the Mutanimals nor Shinigami offered to help with the final battle. I guess they had already had their pride busted.

CyberCubed
02-26-2017, 11:36 AM
Yeah Super Shredder was given extra mutagen formula and injections by Baxter in the last few episodes, it obviously made him immune to retro mutagen.

MrTMNT2012
02-26-2017, 11:50 AM
It's been a long ride from that

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/7/72/2011_Nickelodeon_cartoon_promotional_image.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120630231925

to this. :tgrin:

Aaronardo
02-26-2017, 11:53 AM
"I've had enough of you, you metal freak!"

God I loved Raph in this episode.

I figured the hype would die down after a couple hours, but no, I've been giddy ever since I saw this episode. I don't blame myself though, this was a damn good one, just like last week. I always got a kick out of the iconic Leo/Shredder shot, and I like that Ciro's representation of it got to shine. Casey's mask is, with lack of a better word, bada$$. The only thing I was a little iffy on was, like others have mentioned, Baxter's desire to remain a fly. I thought that was a strange choice for his character, but this will most likely lead to an interesting plot in Season 5, so it really is more of a minor gripe.

I can not wait to see what this show does next. I haven't felt this excited about this show in a long time, and I'm really happy about it. Bring on Season 5!

ToTheNines
02-26-2017, 11:59 AM
@winters While his armor mutated with him and became a fixed part of his person, the mask wasn't necessarily grafted to his skin. So his head just fell out when Leo picked up the helmet.

Yeah Super Shredder was given extra mutagen formula and injections by Baxter in the last few episodes, it obviously made him immune to retro mutagen.

I like to believe that Don's retromutagen weakened him enough to allow Leo the death blow.

cryan
02-26-2017, 12:25 PM
I can see Splinter being similar to Obi-wan. I do wish there was a scene where April told about her first meeting Splinter they never showed that at the beginning.

Ninjinister
02-26-2017, 12:40 PM
I CANNOT BELIEVE they got away with that 'bass to mouth" joke from Xever.

Right? I had to go back and make sure I heard that correctly.

ToTheNines
02-26-2017, 12:52 PM
Anybody have screen shots of Leo appearing on the cliff with the helmet in hand? Then moments later, the shot from behind where he's holding it up?

Would be appreciated.

JH24
02-26-2017, 12:52 PM
That was amazing. Seeing this in English made so much of an impact.

The scene with Karai and the turtles in the hospital was so well done. Such a contrast with how she was back in season 2 when she tried to kill Leo and April. It truly feels like she's part of the family now.

Loved the scene and music when they were all preparing for the battle against Shredder. Casey's new mask is awesome.

The scene with Baxter was odd, yet does make sense as he had only known failure in his life and now had found something he was actually good at. I did hope for a bit of character development from his side though by thanking Mikey, but that's just not him. The billboard with "Stockman Industries" was nice and it seems he was able to move on.

The scene against Shredder was amazing. The music was awesome, it really felt like a final showdown.

My favorite part? Leo's words to Shredder...I wasn't expecting that.

"He was your brother, Saki! Your best friend! How could you do that!?"

"You're a monster, a demon! Is that your destiny?" "No, I...I..."

Such a powerful moment. Leo's words... Leo calling him Saki. This exchange was all I could wish for... and even more.

The ending scene was beautifully done, with them all sitting on the roof. They are all family now, and whatever the future will bring, they will face it together.

matteso586
02-26-2017, 01:03 PM
The funeral would be better if Muckman attended too. And good to know that Pigeon Pete is still alive. Makes me question how Dr. Cluckingsworth was able to take care of herself.

Casey's new mask looked really cool.

The fight with Fishface gave me some deja vu to Vision Quest.

Now we know why we haven't seen Stockman continue his work on demutating himself since Return to New York.

Am I the only one who caught the reference to the Mirage comics and 2003 series when Leo and Super Shredder clashed?

oldmanwinters
02-26-2017, 01:11 PM
I can see Splinter being similar to Obi-wan. I do wish there was a scene where April told about her first meeting Splinter they never showed that at the beginning.

Maybe he'll be like Jaga in Thundercats, where only Lion-O (or in this case) Leonardo could see him?

ToTheNines
02-26-2017, 01:11 PM
The billboard with "Stockman Industries" was nice and it seems he was able to move on.

That's been a recurring prop from day 1, and through each subsequent season.

Utrommaniac
02-26-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm still processing it.

I'd almost say Xever's death was the most brutal of this series, and there have been some brutal deaths. Not entirely sure if Bebop and Rocksteady are alive, and I think I missed Razahr somehow???

Nice to know the tradition of Leo decapitating Shredder is carried on, though. And the head staying off.

It's the framing of the Stockman Industries Billboard that seems to suggest that he'll be a bigger threat. If he'll be a cyborg, the best I can imagine is that he'll be giving himself wings this time, to make up for what he lost as a fly. And they actually did what I wished they'd done in the OT too! I was so mad that they had retromutagen on them and they didn't just throw it at him, they just shoved him back between dimensions! So it's nice that they remedied that.

Redworld96
02-26-2017, 01:20 PM
Anybody have screen shots of Leo appearing on the cliff with the helmet in hand? Then moments later, the shot from behind where he's holding it up?

Would be appreciated.

These?

https://i.imgur.com/6dalTX4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OCoGZc9.jpg

ToTheNines
02-26-2017, 01:23 PM
Yessss. Thanks Reddy!

MikeandRaph87
02-26-2017, 01:32 PM
Wait...Xever is dead? I thought the only status change was the demutation of Baxter Stockman. The other five as they always have been just without Shredder to lead them.

Vicky82
02-26-2017, 01:34 PM
Wait...Xever is dead? I thought the only status change was the demutation of Baxter Stockman. The other five as they always have been just without Shredder to lead them.

No Xever isn't dead

Ashwolf
02-26-2017, 01:37 PM
definitely my favorite episode of the show so far, loved the fights and laughed when the lasers were turned on bepop and rocksteady

sooo cant wait for season 5, i love mystical content

That was amazing. Seeing this in English made so much of an impact.

The scene with Karai and the turtles in the hospital was so well done. Such a contrast with how she was back in season 2 when she tried to kill Leo and April. It truly feels like she's part of the family now.

Loved the scene and music when they were all preparing for the battle against Shredder. Casey's new mask is awesome.

The scene with Baxter was odd, yet does make sense as he had only known failure in his life and now had found something he was actually good at. I did hope for a bit of character development from his side though by thanking Mikey, but that's just not him. The billboard with "Stockman Industries" was nice and it seems he was able to move on.

The scene against Shredder was amazing. The music was awesome, it really felt like a final showdown.

My favorite part? Leo's words to Shredder...I wasn't expecting that.

"He was your brother, Saki! Your best friend! How could you do that!?"

"You're a monster, a demon! Is that your destiny?" "No, I...I..."

Such a powerful moment. Leo's words... Leo calling him Saki. This exchange was all I could wish for... and even more.

The ending scene was beautifully done, with them all sitting on the roof. They are all family now, and whatever the future will bring, they will face it together.

already said this in the tokka vs the world thread but the billboard sign is in that episode as well, when tokka is landing

MrTMNT2012
02-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Can we appreciate the best moment in the entire series?

Shredder tackling Raphael into the brick wall only to have Raph reverse that sh!t as they burst through the wall?!

10/10 GOAT TMNT SERIES EVER

xenopokemon
02-26-2017, 02:39 PM
Good episode, nice to wrap things up after a long and tiring season 4. Glad they put Casey and April aside for the final fight. Shredder vs the Turtles was pretty fun to watch. I would have preferred if Xever died there on the shore but as Vicky pointed out, we will see him again. Rahzar tho, nah he gone. Leatherhead probably ate him bits underwater as he drowned :lol:. Morbid jokes aside, here's to season 5 *raises glass* and hopefully the reappearance of Newtralizer and a cyborg Stockman.

Powder
02-26-2017, 02:49 PM
Rahzar tho, nah he gone.

He & Fishface are both at Tigerclaw's side in the season 5 preview Nick posted today.

Ninjinister
02-26-2017, 03:03 PM
He & Fishface are both at Tigerclaw's side in the season 5 preview Nick posted today.

I watched that five times and I couldn't catch any glimpse of Fishface. Rahzar was definitely there next to Shredder's corpse, though.

GoldMutant
02-26-2017, 03:19 PM
I watched that five times and I couldn't catch any glimpse of Fishface. Rahzar was definitely there next to Shredder's corpse, though.

If you can't see him, there was a leaked Instagram clip for a season 5 episode with Raphael and Fishface. (I think Tiger Claw too) Vicky82 would have the clip.

CyberCubed
02-26-2017, 03:22 PM
We'll probably see all of Shredder's henchmen wrapped up in Season 5. I wonder if they'll all be demutated and thrown in jail.

Coola Yagami
02-26-2017, 03:37 PM
One thing I thought was, had this been the real final episode, they would have the turtles spraying all the henchmen as they made their way to Shredder. It woulda been cool to see a de-mutated Tiger Claw.

xenopokemon
02-26-2017, 03:45 PM

Ah, didn't see that until now. I wish the characters could die and stay dead.

ToTheNines
02-26-2017, 03:57 PM
Ah, didn't see that until now. I wish the characters could die and stay dead.

Me too. My headcanon is that everyone but TigerClaw died. I'm going to enjoy season 5, but it's just "extra" at this point. Nick Turtles ended with Owari, for me.

Redworld96
02-26-2017, 03:58 PM
If you can't see him, there was a leaked Instagram clip for a season 5 episode with Raphael and Fishface. (I think Tiger Claw too) Vicky82 would have the clip.

Idk, I have watched the clip many times and I didn't find Fishface.
Those with Shredder's body are Kavaxas, TC and Rahzar. During the rest of the clip I didn't find FF

ToTheNines
02-26-2017, 03:59 PM
Between him perving on April a few episodes ago and his recent ATM joke, Nickelodeon had him cut from season 5.

CyberCubed
02-26-2017, 04:05 PM
So you're ready to disavow a 20 episode season in terms of your personal canon that you haven't even seen yet?

ToTheNines
02-26-2017, 04:11 PM
Go repeat yourself some more.

CyberCubed
02-26-2017, 04:16 PM
I just think it's silly to pretend a show ended before a new season has even aired yet.

ToTheNines
02-26-2017, 04:21 PM
I think it's silly that Xever, Bradford, Steranko and Zeck survived.

I'm not "disavowing" anything you ****ing drama queen. I'll watch it as it airs and buy the DVDs (unlike you). But from a narrative standpoint, that's it for me.

Don't tell me how to play with my toys.

ssjup81
02-26-2017, 04:39 PM
Ah, didn't see that until now. I wish the characters could die and stay dead.Yeah, at least Rahzar.

pannoni1
02-26-2017, 06:01 PM
Finally, a season finale that truly feels like a real finale that could have been the end of the series right there, and considering that Season 5 is being branded similar to a "Tales of the TMNT", it seems like this truly looks more like an epilogue to the first four seasons. Of course, we'll see the surviving characters mentioned above along with some no people, but you just can't drag a series into averaging barely a new episode a month, and reruns don't quite have the power on TV like they used to except for the true classics. It was just so tearful seeing the spirit of Splinter, especially right before Leo's revenge on Shredder.

Show grade: 10/10

Mini-Turtle
02-26-2017, 06:21 PM
What made me tear up was Splinter appearing in the final image. Definitely loved the final battle, though I DO wonder why Leo's final blow had to be censored (slice and blood removed from Super Shredder's neck), yet showing Tiger Claw's arm chopped off in "Tales of Tiger Claw" was okay?

Also, why couldn't Karai simply snake herself back to health as she has done previously?

ToTheNines
02-26-2017, 06:30 PM
That was just her epidermis she healed last time. This was a broken arm and who knows what else.

oldmanwinters
02-26-2017, 07:44 PM
One thing I thought was, had this been the real final episode, they would have the turtles spraying all the henchmen as they made their way to Shredder. It woulda been cool to see a de-mutated Tiger Claw.

Haha, yeah, if I would have to pick one of Shredder's hench mutants as the primary threat to demutate, it would be Tigerclaw. Baxter StockFly would have probably been at the bottom of the list, as he's just as much of a nuisance if not more as a regular human scientist.

Ninjinister
02-26-2017, 08:22 PM

I've already seen that (and is it really "leaked"?") but it has nothing to do with him being in the ad for season 5 or not. My comment was specifically about the advertisement, not about season 5 in general.

Powder
02-26-2017, 09:32 PM
I guess my eyes were playing tricks on me, my bad. Either way, Rahzar & Fishface are now both confirmed to return.

oldmanwinters
02-26-2017, 09:37 PM
I guess my eyes were playing tricks on me, my bad. Either way, Rahzar & Fishface are now both confirmed to return.

I never got the sense that Fishface died when they unplugged his hydro-tank. Yeah, I know he's a literal "fish out of water" but he was still close enough to the water to crawl his way back off screen.

But I still thought the scene was mighty cold-hearted for this show. In previous seasons or the Fred Wolf toon, I imagine they would have shown some character tossing him back into the water after he passed out.

Ninjinister
02-26-2017, 11:31 PM

Okay! I just wanted to know if I happened to keep blinking every time he showed up or something.

ToTheNines
02-27-2017, 06:19 AM
I just mocked this up real quick. Might try to make a better version later.

http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww280/craig-5/Mobile%20Uploads/20170227_081653.jpg

Bauer536
02-27-2017, 12:11 PM
All I gotta say is, if Season 5 isn't as good (which I doubt), I will accept this as the end. And for what it was, it had a great ending. Who knows? Maybe there will be more that can work. But this felt like a series finale, especially if you count "Requiem" as a Part 1.

Those fight scenes were intense. Personally, I don't want anymore Stockman. He's done. If anything, let's get back to Mutagen Man. But I really liked that sequence with Tiger Claw. He was really cool with those alternate hands. Now that is a Tiger Claw action figure I really want.

Still, their last confrontation with Shredder was heartpounding. I knew Leo would kill him, I just didn't think it would be like this. I'm not saying it was weak, but I wish it was stronger. However, Leo holding Shredder's helmet and saying it's done was effective. The more I think about it, this was a solid finish. For this kind of show, this was a good way to end that.

One last thing: I loved, and I mean really loved, the ending where Leo looks up at the sky and says, "Right, Sensei?", and then the picture freezes with them looking up and Splinter shows up proudly looking down on them. That just made me smile.:tgrin:

matteso586
02-27-2017, 12:39 PM
On the way to Shredder's mansion, is it me, or did I see Dr. Cluckingsworth on Casey's stealth bike?

How did April have time to put her hair braids back on while underwater?

I'm hoping that Stockman managed to wake up in time to escape from the burning mansion.

THGhost
02-27-2017, 07:13 PM
Only just got round to watching this. I'm surprised Black Nerd Comedy hasn't done his recap video yet.

What a finale!

Loved the opening.
I'd very much like to see Karai take on Raph with a broken arm.
Those black outfits are awesome!
Fishface! Damn, Nick. You nasty!
It's about time Baxter became human again. Knew he wouldn't be happy about it though.
"Michael"?
Wait, Casey's mask looks familiar...
Great fight with B&R. "Audi 5,000!"
I'm liking Tiger Claw's new arm attachments. Playmates will be happy.
That's right, separate the humans from the turtles. :roll:
"You're not so tough, cheesegrater!" :lol:
Why couldn't the Turtles vs Shredder fight in the 2014 movie be this awesome?
That's Shredder's head cut off in 3 different versions of TMNT now, if I'm not mistaken!
Lovely final image. :rolling:

To be honest now that Baxter has been de-mutated, I wonder if in Season 5 they'll just de-mutate Tiger Claw, Rahzar, Fishface, etc. and throw them all into jail.

That'd be fun to see.:lol:

I hope Shinigami gets more screentime in Season 5. She's a neat idea for a character but she's been very underused.

More of Alopex too please.

gibbs615
02-27-2017, 07:15 PM
So Splinter is REALLY dead this time around?!:-?THIS ISN'T RIGHT!!!:(

THGhost
02-27-2017, 07:18 PM
So Splinter is REALLY dead this time around?!:-?THIS ISN'T RIGHT!!!:(

I think he should stay dead now. Bringing him back a 2nd time would be a little silly.

Vicky82
02-27-2017, 11:47 PM
Only just got round to watching this. I'm surprised Black Nerd Comedy hasn't done his recap video yet.

He was at a convention at the weekend so that's why his recap is late.

TigerClaw
02-28-2017, 08:15 AM
Yep
https://twitter.com/BlackNerd/status/836395058349948928

Anyways, Finally watched this episode, It was pretty strong and very action packed, Looking forward to Season 5.

TigerClaw
02-28-2017, 01:07 PM
Andre just posted his recap.

-iabWnDOaX0

Tarris Vaal
02-28-2017, 01:11 PM
There's been something preying on my mind since seeing the ep -

Is Tigerclaws hand a reference to 'Enter the Dragon'? (Especially as that movie is mentioned by Bebop in the episode as well).

I was sure I'd seen Tigerclaws hand attachment before somewhere so I checked a picture of Han (the villain in Enter the dragon)...

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/c/c3/HAN.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140618030006

Thoughts? Direct reference or just hand-y coincidence?

Coola Yagami
02-28-2017, 04:11 PM
There's been something preying on my mind since seeing the ep -

Is Tigerclaws hand a reference to 'Enter the Dragon'? (Especially as that movie is mentioned by Bebop in the episode as well).

I was sure I'd seen Tigerclaws hand attachment before somewhere so I checked a picture of Han (the villain in Enter the dragon)...

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/c/c3/HAN.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140618030006

Thoughts? Direct reference or just hand-y coincidence?

Dude, direct reference 100% and they even had Bebop say it in case it went over anyone's head.

ssjup81
02-28-2017, 04:55 PM
Okay, time to give my opinion on this episode. I was waiting until I could use my work computer because, it’s easier to use a computer to type out a long response than a tablet. lol

This episode was pretty intense and epic, just like the previous ep. I liked how the guys weren’t going to hold back. Although, I still have this feeling that the main purpose was to incapacitate him and demutate him and give him the choice to accept defeat and to leave or something, only resorting to killing if things didn’t go according to plan. Seems weird that they would go with the intent to kill him if they were going to use the retromutagen on him first. I have this feeling that they were going to offer him mercy. Well, regardless of how it was going to play out, I do strongly feel that killing was definitely going to be a last resort.

Oh, I must say this. I was so glad that Casey and April weren’t involved in the final battle against Shredder. Oh and speaking of those two…April being able to levitate people now kind of bothered me for some reason. I don’t mind her powers (and I like how she went all SSJ on Shredder last ep after he killed Splinter, losing control of her emotions), but I liked the idea of her being able to do that with the help of the crystal. I didn’t want her to go back up power wise in this regard unless she was harnessing the power of the crystal. Unless a lot of time has gone by between episodes with April training nonstop as a way to get over Splinter, maybe I can by the levitation thing. I dunno, just wish that she couldn’t do that, or show her having trouble doing that.

I liked the funeral. It conveyed the emotions of everyone pretty much without overdoing it, I suppose. I also liked them visiting Karai in the hospital. Still sucks she isn’t there to deliver the final blow or to fight alongside them in general. If she’d been able to fight, then I wouldn’t have had any qualms of her being still on the roof fighting against Shredder.

I know some people last episode were wondering how Leo was able to deliver that final blow, while Karai couldn’t pierce Shredder’s exposed heart last episode. I had a theory regarding that. I think the retromutagen worked, but didn’t at the same time. It didn’t reverse the mutation, but maybe it did affect him a little. Maybe that’s why Leo was able to kill him when Karai couldn’t. Think of Cell from Dragon Ball Z. To become perfect, he had to absorb the androids. He would lose his form and power if he lost one of the androids he’d absorbed. That’s how I viewed Super Shredder with the retromutagen. He was still strong, but slightly more vulnerable.

Another highlight for me, was Leo talking with Shredder. I did like the fact that he brought up Saki’s relationship with Yoshi. I like how Shredder seemed like he was hesitating, which I can’t help but wonder if he was starting to feel remorse for what he’d done or how he’d let himself get to that point before the mutagen set back in again. Maybe his hesitating could’ve been a side effect of the retromutagen. Oh, and the part where Leo got his strength to continue fighting after hearing Splinter’s voice, made me want him to say, “Use the force, Leo…use the force.” lol

Time for some negatives, aside from April’s levitation powers. I did want more emotional moments. It felt a bit fast paced. I was hoping to see them all mourn a bit more. I want to know how they fully cope, given the fours’ differing personalities, but the ones I’m mostly curious of are Donnie and Mikey, especially Mikey. I could picture Leo meditating a lot on his own (which we kind of saw), I could see Donnie preoccupying himself with his experiments, and spending more time in his lab, I could see Raph being a bit angry over the situation and taking out his aggressions on a punching bag (I know in Mirage and the first movie, this was Mikey’s thing to get his aggressions out, which had April worried over him) or something, but for this iteration of Mikey, I can’t imagine anything for him. He’s the hopeful optimist at times. We got the, “We are awesome!” line at the end of this episode, which didn’t bother me much since they did defeat Shredder and avenged Splinter and Tang Shen (getting down to it). Don’t get why others had a problem with that, but I still wish we could’ve gotten more mourning from the four. Maybe they’ll briefly do this next season, given Leo’s literally being the head of the family.

Oh, the stuff with Baxter. The entire thing felt shoehorned in to me. The entire section with him just felt completely off and strange, like it was put in as an afterthought. I just don’t get why Mikey threw the retromutagen at him. There was nothing for that entire exchange that even remotely prompted it. I did like when Mikey punched him out, which makes me wonder if he even got out alive, but he probably did. People complain about fakeouts pertaining to Splinter, but what about the henchmutants, especially Rahzar. That subway car should’ve done him in.

Shocking moment…the fact that Fishface got away with that “bass to mouth” line, and as another poster mentioned, South Park popped into mind. That Wikileaks episode, iirc. I literally did a double-take. It was too on-the-nose for me. Even in context of the scene, it didn’t work. Going back to season 1 and Mikey making that, “We’re not that kind of sub” declaration was subtle and it made sense given what was going on. The bass to mouth thing just didn’t. Oh well. I can’t help but wonder who even wrote that line in. Coola Yagami joked that maybe Jason Biggs snuck back in and wrote in the line. I wonder what Xever’s voice actor thought while reading that line. lol

Welp, that’s about all I can think of to say about this ep. It was really cool and I’m glad that they did finally kill off Shredder. Looking forward to next season.

THGhost
02-28-2017, 07:49 PM

I did actually know that. I was surprised he didn't post it beforehand, unless he was already at the convention when the episode aired.

ssjup81
02-28-2017, 08:33 PM
I did actually know that. I was surprised he didn't post it beforehand, unless he was already at the convention when the episode aired.He's from the US. The ep aired on Sunday. I would assume he was at the convention by that time.

Vicky82
03-01-2017, 12:22 PM
https://panizhe.tumblr.com/post/157871043046/there-it-is-guys-my-child-is-growing-so-fast

This Person on Tumblr asked Brandon on Instagram, if that glowing round Mikey was spiritual and Brandon said yes

https://68.media.tumblr.com/225b931059a05c272652ace460429ace/tumblr_om5h34OQMr1w36ztno1_540.png

So i'm glad I got confirmation on it now.

Toadtrooper
03-01-2017, 03:12 PM
It was a video game episode. Opening cut scene. Different levels with boss fights. Final boss. End cut scene.

Boring.

CyberCubed
03-01-2017, 05:25 PM
It was a video game episode. Opening cut scene. Different levels with boss fights. Final boss. End cut scene.

Boring.

LOL, what? What did you want them to do?

They were attacking Shredder's HQ's, of course they're going to fight his henchmen. How was it boring?

Toadtrooper
03-03-2017, 02:57 PM
They were attacking Shredder's HQ's, of course they're going to fight his henchmen. How was it boring?

OH MY GOD YOU HAVE TWENTY EIGHT THOUSAND POSTS YOU'RE SO AWESOME.

Spare me. At this point they could put the TMNT logo on anal gland extract and you'd camp out to buy it. I don't negotiate with fanboy extremists.

CyberCubed
03-03-2017, 02:59 PM
What the hell does my post count have anything to do with liking this episode? I've been here since 2004, many of my posts are in non-TMNT sections.

Anyway, I find it baffling you're complaining about what was essentially an assault on Shredder's HQ's. Of course they're going to fight his henchmen before they got to Shredder. Many of the fights were well done and it led up to a satisfying conclusion.

I'm not sure what you want.

Lil Karai
03-03-2017, 03:00 PM
Love love LOVED Casey's mask!

MartiusR
03-05-2017, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I like FAR more this new design, neat detail for last episode.

Can't express how glad I am to finally watch episode finishing season with "closed" plot. Very intense episode, I had feeling like it was part of "big episode", but the part filled almost only (not counting the beginning) with action, without any "distraction" or "discussons on the side". I generally liked this episode (probably a bit more than previous one), but I can understand perspective of Toadtropper, since it didn't follow the logic of "standard" episode (where "action parts" are splitted with "something different"), in some moments it was a bit tiresome (I admit that the part with "animals pit" was for me a bit unnecessary, feels like it was added only to make longer encounter with Tiger Claw).

Nevertheless - I'm generally satisfied. Shredder has been shredded (I was a bit surprised though that scene with killing Super Shredder was such "blurred" (I mean - this scene by itself seemed to be surprisingly short and "sudden" not to mention that it wasn't even clearly showing that Leo killed Saki, scene with throwing mask clarified it - yes, I know, suspence, but still).

Coola Yagami
03-05-2017, 05:57 PM
So is this topic just not going to get stickied or what? Requiem, the episode before this is still being stickied.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
03-05-2017, 08:39 PM
Check out my episode review!
https://youtu.be/rT8uxogxwrI

Klunk1234
03-05-2017, 10:46 PM
Great finale! Loved the part when Leo communicates with Master Splinter and the fact that Leo is now a Sensei. The action scenes are well done. Leo facing the Shredder was great. This time he defeated and killed the Shredder and his words to his enemy were powerful. The Shredder was a monster.
Karai is with them as a ally and a sister. Loved Casey's new mask.

I hope season 5 will be a great season.

Donny's computer84
03-05-2017, 11:40 PM
Great episode but the scenes were a little quick.:tlol:

Machias Banshee
03-06-2017, 07:37 PM
So is this topic just not going to get stickied or what? Requiem, the episode before this is still being stickied.

Gotcha covered! :)

~Machias

ssjup81
03-20-2017, 07:17 PM
I meant to mention this earlier. Baxter said that he couldíve demutated himself at any time, but chose not to. I call BS on that. Why didnít he demutate the others, especially those like Fishface who is way more useful as Xever? I donít think Shredder wouldíve cared one way or the other regarding him or Rahzar. Demutating Bebop and Rocksteady, on the other hand, I could see Shredder having an issue with since their mutation was punishment for failing and crossing him. Bradford and Xever's mutations was purely accidental...sort of.

victory_angel
03-20-2017, 09:14 PM
I meant to mention this earlier. Baxter said that he couldíve demutated himself at any time, but chose not to. I call BS on that. Why didnít he demutate the others, especially those like Fishface who is way more useful as Xever? I donít think Shredder wouldíve cared one way or the other regarding him or Rahzar. Demutating Bebop and Rocksteady, on the other hand, I could see Shredder having an issue with since their mutation was punishment for failing and crossing him. Bradford and Xever's mutations was purely accidental...sort of.

I would also like to add that since April's DNA is the key needed to make retromutagen. And Baxter does like to boast about his intelligence but he touts himself as being more intelligent than he actually is.

He was also mutated as punishment and Shredder would not have taken kindly to learning Stockman demutated himself even if he was somehow able to do so.