PDA

View Full Version : Alright, how are they going bring him back this time?

neatoman
02-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Oh no, Splinter is dead!... Again! For arguably the third time (if not more).

Alright, should we really pretend there isn't a 50-75% chance he'll be back this time? He's been brought back before less than half a season ago, there's three time traveling characters on the show (one of them help out with this before), next season will have a literal gate to hell open and characters are constantly surviving impossible scenarios. Not to mention the all purpose plot device that turns animals humanoid, turns people into were-things, merges hawks with worms, turns trees into crystals, transforms the cell tissue of a cat into ice cream, acts as steroids and somehow turns a car into living thing.

Rationally, why shouldn't we at least half-expect him to come back? Because they lingered on it? They didn't commit to it after season 2 and they didn't commit to it after season 3. Here's my prediction:

They talk about how him a little bit at the start of the season.
Spend X amount of episodes on unrelated topics.
Big climax comes around.
He gets brought back either in time for it or during it.
Happy reunions.

You know why I think that? Because it already happened, twice!

ssjup81
02-22-2017, 02:09 PM
It's only happened once and also for that everyone died. Where are you getting this third time from? End o season 2 doesn't count. He was just badly beaten and was saved by Karai the same ep. Why in the world would you have thought that he was killed?

ABrown
02-22-2017, 02:11 PM
Have they already done the four turtles sitting around the camp fire like in the first movie?

ssjup81
02-22-2017, 02:12 PM
Have they already done the four turtles sitting around the camp fire like in the first movie?Yeah, back in season 3.

ABrown
02-22-2017, 02:13 PM
Yeah, back in season 3.

I thought maybe they had. I have a hard time remembering things in this series.

ssjup81
02-22-2017, 02:16 PM
I thought maybe they had. I have a hard time remembering things in this series.It was the Vision Quest ep.

neatoman
02-22-2017, 02:23 PM
It's only happened once and also for that everyone died. Where are you getting this third time from? End o season 2 doesn't count. He was just badly beaten and was saved by Karai the same ep. Why in the world would you have thought that he was killed?

No but it was in that ambigious "will he live or won't he" tone and the following episodes had the characters act as if he was dead. Not to mention that whole "we die together" scene, it didn't even have one full episode between it and the return but it was still there.

ABrown
02-22-2017, 02:31 PM
It was the Vision Quest ep.

I could still imagine that at some point in the fifth season they'll see him somehow in the same manner through meditation, etc.

Autbot_Benz
02-22-2017, 02:31 PM
Splinter isn't coming back this time he was stabbed and thrown off a building and slamming into the pavement.

No Fugitoid to time travel back and fix stuff nothing

MrTMNT2012
02-22-2017, 02:32 PM
Jesus christ.

And I thought it was just the unaldulterated lovers of the show that were obnoxious...

Vicky82
02-22-2017, 02:37 PM
I find this thread pointless after watching Owari :lol:

ssjup81
02-22-2017, 02:40 PM
No but it was in that ambigious "will he live or won't he" tone and the following episodes had the characters act as if he was dead. Not to mention that whole "we die together" scene, it didn't even have one full episode between it and the return but it was still there.For season 2, we saw he was saved. We the AUDIENCE knew he was fine. The characters didn't because they had to flee. That's no different from reading a book and how we learn something about a character that the other characters don't. This wasn't a fake out. He was unconscious...big difference.

The rat king ep I would've given to you if it hadn't lead to them adapting a story in which he lived anyway.

Season 3's ending I feel your poll could apply to since they were presented with a solution directly after his death.

For this recent episode, there was nothing. The only way I could see him coming back, is in a spiritual form from time to time to assure his sons that he's fine or that he's in a better place, etc.

Technogeek29
02-22-2017, 02:40 PM

technically it was 3 times 4 and I'm busting chops so I don't necessarily count it.

1st. Died during the end of season 3

2nd. Falling into the abyss with Shredder

3rd. Actually dying after being impaled from behind...Again...Huh odd it happen twice?

4. (The scene is edited as if Shredder stabs him but Splinter saw it coming this time for some reason?) But still a bit of a fake out.

I don't count season 2 since the episode like you pointed out ends with Karai retrieving him.

ssjup81
02-22-2017, 02:48 PM
technically it was 3 times 4 and I'm busting chops so I don't necessarily count it.

1st. Died during the end of season 3

2nd. Falling into the abyss with Shredder

3rd. Actually dying after being impaled from behind...Again...Huh odd it happen twice?

4. (The scene is edited as if Shredder stabs him but Splinter saw it coming this time for some reason?) But still a bit of a fake out.

I don't count season 2 since the episode like you pointed out ends with Karai retrieving him. For four, Leo is the reason Splinter saw it coming. Leo reacted, which tipped off Splinter.

neatoman
02-22-2017, 02:50 PM
I find this thread pointless after watching Owari :lol:

You mean the thing about him being kinda sorta a ghost? I guess that counts.

Technogeek29
02-22-2017, 02:55 PM
For four, Leo is the reason Splinter saw it coming. Leo reacted, which tipped off Splinter.

Ah thank you.

ssjup81
02-22-2017, 03:03 PM
Ah thank you.No prob. Oh as for the abyss one, I was hoping it'd kill him off but also was skeptical of it since they showed him bump his head on the way down.

BubblyShell22
02-22-2017, 04:32 PM
He only technically died at the end of season three and they fixed that. With the abyss that would have been possible, but they showed he survived in the next ep.

He will probably appear in visions and memories, but other than that, he's dead.

FredWolfLeonardo
02-23-2017, 12:27 PM
This is a troll thread. Splinter only died once before, there's no need to repeatedly go on and on about "fakeouts", it gets obnoxious after a while.

Splinter may be physically gone, but his legacy and wisdom is timeless. That's the whole point.

The turtles won't be trying to revive him like they did in season 3. They will accept his death and move on in life. Death isn't something to be feared, rather its inevitable and a part of life which must be embraced.

Its a difficult but beautiful message that Ciro knew should be conveyed in the 5th season when we see the turtles living without their sensei. (It was his original vision for the series, to begin with Splinter dead).

neatoman
02-24-2017, 12:47 PM
This is a troll thread. Splinter only died once before, there's no need to repeatedly go on and on about "fakeouts", it gets obnoxious after a while.

Splinter may be physically gone, but his legacy and wisdom is timeless. That's the whole point.

The turtles won't be trying to revive him like they did in season 3. They will accept his death and move on in life. Death isn't something to be feared, rather its inevitable and a part of life which must be embraced.

Its a difficult but beautiful message that Ciro knew should be conveyed in the 5th season when we see the turtles living without their sensei. (It was his original vision for the series, to begin with Splinter dead).

Fine, yes, it's a bit jokey with the "New Coke" option and everything but there still isn't much reason to take his most recent death seriously. Think about it, if they really killed him off for real this time, why even bother bringing him back in the first place? Or why bother killing him last time?

CyberCubed
02-24-2017, 12:50 PM
Splinter will only come back in visions like the Season 4 finale or as a ghost like Yoda and Obi-wan.

That's all.

ssjup81
02-24-2017, 03:14 PM
Fine, yes, it's a bit jokey with the "New Coke" option and everything but there still isn't much reason to take his most recent death seriously. Think about it, if they really killed him off for real this time, why even bother bringing him back in the first place? Or why bother killing him last time?To give the turtles even more of a reason to stop the Triceratons...to prevent their father's death.

As I mentioned earlier, the turtles were presented with a solution to their problem directly after his death. His being brought back was a very strong possibility. This time, no, They just took the body away. He'll come back, but probably in the form of flashbacks and/or spiritually. It's more serious because it's permanent. It's also a good way to help them mature.

Another reason I think they killed him off at the end of season 3, other than to give his voice actor a break to do his stage shows, was because it would've looked bad ditching an injured, alive Splinter to save themselves when the Fugitoid showed up.

victory_angel
02-24-2017, 04:08 PM
To give the turtles even more of a reason to stop the Triceratons...to prevent their father's death.

As I mentioned earlier, the turtles were presented with a solution to their problem directly after his death. His being brought back was a very strong possibility. This time, no, They just took the body away. He'll come back, but probably in the form of flashbacks and/or spiritually. It's more serious because it's permanent. It's also a good way to help them mature.

Another reason I think they killed him off at the end of season 3, other than to give his voice actor a break to do his stage shows, was because it would've looked bad ditching an injured, alive Splinter to save themselves when the Fugitoid showed up.

That and the turtles are reaching adulthood. With Splinter in their lives they feel they are free to remain children emotionally. But without Splinter they are forced into a situation where they have to face the world as adults.

myconius
02-28-2017, 10:42 AM
very interesting options for this poll. :P

didn't they do away with New Coke and eventually brought back Coke Classic? ;)

myconius
02-28-2017, 10:45 AM
wonder if they'll explore the 'Zombie Splinter' idea? :lol:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2epiz37.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/30m6ebo.jpg

PApagreg
02-28-2017, 05:18 PM
wonder if they'll explore the 'Zombie Splinter' idea? :lol:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2epiz37.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/30m6ebo.jpg

They just need to remember the mantra, "Destory the head or remove the brain"

KaiserGX
03-01-2017, 09:35 PM
So to the guys that saw that new opening clip... think that Mutagen fell on Splinter's grave?

Vicky82
03-02-2017, 12:32 AM
So to the guys that saw that new opening clip... think that Mutagen fell on Splinter's grave?

No it's obviously when he was first mutated with the turtles.

Mutagen can't bring back someone from the dead :ohwell:

Coola Yagami
03-02-2017, 06:37 AM

Who knows, this Mutagen does basically whatever the story calls for. I just hope for the life of everything they don't do a zombie splinter storyline.

I am surprised he's in the intro. I mean, what better way to nail the point home that he's dead and not coming back than NOT putting him in the intro.

neatoman
03-02-2017, 06:42 AM

Then why isn't he naked? He wasn't even wearing the robe when he mutated, it was a short sleeved shirt that ripped apart.

You can't even really say this was down to the character model, there is a character model of him without the robe.

victory_angel
03-02-2017, 07:36 AM
Then why isn't he naked? He wasn't even wearing the robe when he mutated, it was a short sleeved shirt that ripped apart.

You can't even really say this was down to the character model, there is a character model of him without the robe.

I think the mutagen bottle is their origin and the screaming silhouette of Splinter is to symbolize his death.

Vicky82
03-02-2017, 09:29 AM
Its the new intro, obviously they arn't going to have a big spoiler in the new intro are they.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/e25f728cc4d3963068b4ac19266e4fb6/tumblr_nwo6i5h3GP1tq4of6o1_400.gif

Also if you think mutagen can bring back people from the dead why are they using Kavaxas to bring Shredder back, they could just use Mutagen instead of Tiger Claw summoning a demon.

ABrown
03-02-2017, 09:51 AM

Well technically mutagen can do whatever the writer(s) at the time deem it capable of doing.

Who knows, this Mutagen does basically whatever the story calls for.

Exactly

Tetsu Deinonychus
03-04-2017, 11:29 AM
I'm hoping that if anything, Splinter just does the Obi-Wan ghost thing once and awhile and otherwise stays out of the show.

I don't like that they killed him off, but they did it and they need to own it (or have that turn out to be a fake Splinter and meet the real one in the Battle Nexus or something).

I do want to see more of the characters dealing with his passing. That's not the sort of thing that goes away overnight.