PDA

View Full Version : Fox Won't Make Another FANTASTIC FOUR Movie Until They Get it right

Autbot_Benz
02-24-2017, 02:56 PM
Josh Trank's Fantastic Four movie is one of the worst reviewed comic book adaptations of all-time and it just so happened to be a massive flop at the box office as well. As a result, the future of the iconic foursome has been left in doubt, though it's fair to say that the vast majority of fans would be happiest with them returning home to Marvel Studios, thanks to villains like Galactus and Annihilus.

Talking to Collider recently, producer Simon Kinberg was asked about what's next for the property, and it sounds like the Fantastic Four is now pretty low on the list of Fox's comic book priorities. "I have no idea," he admitted. "I think the truth is we would not make another Fantastic Four movie until it was ready to be made. One of the lessons we learned on that movie is that we want to make sure we get it 100% right, because we will not get another chance with the fans."

Fox only has so long to sit on the Fantastic Four franchise before the rights revert, but after three failures, you have to believe there's a chance they'll let that happen now. Then again, they might just rush out another reboot at some point in the next few years. We'll just have to wait and see, but what about a different cut of Josh Trank's version after it was totally changed via reshoots?

"I donít know the answer to that in terms of whether or not fans will ever see it. I think B-roll is probably the place where they will see it. And for us, itís in the past in the sense of lessons learned and we would love to make another Fantastic Four movie. We really believe in that cast, and I think the lessons that we learned would help us make a more consistent movie than we did the first time."

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fantastic_four/simon-kinberg-says-fox-wont-make-another-fantastic-four-movie-a149206

Here is an Idea you failed 3 times trying to make FF Give the Rights to Marvel

TheSkeletonMan939
02-24-2017, 04:28 PM
"One of the lessons we learned on that movie is that we want to make sure we get it 100% right, because we will not get another chance with the fans."

Hahaha, this idiot thinks that fans will give Fox another chance ever!

Jester
02-24-2017, 04:39 PM
But...how will they know it's right without first making a new FF movie?

NinjaPug
02-24-2017, 05:08 PM
Wait, you didn't think you needed to make it 100% right when making the last movie? I mean, it was obvious you were just putting a movie together to keep the rights but why would you admit that? **** Kinberg.

saintsaucey
02-24-2017, 05:14 PM
I really want the second infinity war movie to end with scarlet witch saying her no more mutants line (except change it to universe or something like that) and the teaser scene will be the opening from joss whedon's astonishing x-men #7 where the x-men and the fantastic four showmup to beat down one of the mole man's monsters. Throw in Spidey, and the avengers. Have them bicker and make spidey say something like come one guys we can all work together on this.

Use this to cast a new iron man a new fantastic four, a new x-men team maybe even a new thor. Put evan peters and elizabeth olsen as the maximoff twins

Shark_Blade
02-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Only the first F4 is decent. Silver Surfer was stupid boring and the new reboot was a LOT WORSE.

Andrew NDB
02-24-2017, 05:52 PM
I really want the second infinity war movie

There is no second Infinity War movie anymore.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-24-2017, 06:13 PM
The truth is, Fox won't make another Fantasitic Four movie until they have to make one to retain the rights. And it will be just as terrible and inane.

#givetherightsbacktoMarvel

CyberCubed
02-24-2017, 06:24 PM
Anyone born after the 80's shouldn't have much interest in the Fantastic Four anyway. Except maybe the Thing, he's the only good one.

ToTheNines
02-24-2017, 07:12 PM
The truth is, Fox won't make another Fantasitic Four movie until they have to make one to retain the rights. And it will be just as terrible and inane.

#givetherightsbacktoMarvel

This.

Anyone born after the 80's shouldn't have much interest in the Fantastic Four anyway. Except maybe the Thing, he's the only good one.

1991 here, retard.

TurtleTitan97
02-24-2017, 07:13 PM

Speak for yourself. :roll: Plenty of people are still interested in them.

Autbot_Benz
02-24-2017, 07:25 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a Netflix Fantastic Four show. If not a movie by Marvel in the future

TurtleTitan97
02-24-2017, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a Netflix Fantastic Four show. If not a movie by Marvel in the future

That wouldn't work at all. It would need a really big budget.

CyberCubed
02-24-2017, 08:28 PM
I understand why the Fantastic Four were popular originally in the 60's, etc. because they were among the first Marvel superheroes, but nowadays they feel so irrelevant.

They're like fourth tier behind Spiderman, X-men and the Avengers. I know old timers or huge fans of the comics still like them, but when I think of Marvel I think of Spiderman, X-men and then the Avengers. Fantastic Four are last.

sdp
02-24-2017, 08:34 PM
Avengers wasn't really a "thing" though until the MCU, before that no one knew who they were outside of comic nerds, they were no Justice League. The Fantastic Four are not just a product of the time, they're awesome, more than superheroes they are adventurers like Indiana Jones. It took me a while to "get" F4 but when I did I got hooked, it's a shame most people think they're just irrelevant heroes.

I still imagine if Fox had kept DareDevil and they had built a "Marvel Universe" of their own with F4/X-Men/DD. I was really mad they missed opportunities of having some X-Men at Sue's wedding in the second F4 movie and I thought about this before the MCU was even a thing. Like I've mentioned Marvel can only do so much with their properties and they already have tons they don't need more.

saintsaucey
02-24-2017, 08:47 PM
There is no second Infinity War movie anymore.

There is still a second movie. It's just not called infinity war anymore and since we don't have a title yet i called it infinity war

Andrew NDB
02-24-2017, 09:57 PM
There is still a second movie. It's just not called infinity war anymore and since we don't have a title yet i called it infinity war

It's no longer "a second movie" any more than Justice League 2 is no longer "Justice League 1, Part 2." It's Avengers 4.

ToTheNines
02-25-2017, 02:37 AM
It's no longer "a second movie" any more than Justice League 2 is no longer "Justice League 1, Part 2." It's Avengers 4.

It's filming in conjuction with Infinity War and comes out a mere year later. I can see why he worded it the way he did.

neatoman
02-25-2017, 03:53 AM
"Until they get it right"? They had three goes at this, all sucked and the last one was just an excuse to keep the movie rights for a few more years. It wasn't even just a bad movie, it failed to get anything right about the Fantastic 4.

The Fantastic 4 are all about exploring the wonders of the universe and the movie was almost entirely set in a bunker and other closed off settings.

Andrew NDB
02-25-2017, 04:03 AM
It's filming in conjuction with Infinity War and comes out a mere year later. I can see why he worded it the way he did.

Not untrue. Though I've not seen anything about the back-to-back nature since the official announcement of "no more Infinity War Part 2" that appeared to preclude it. Though it's more than possible I've just not seen it or forgotten it.

ToTheNines
02-25-2017, 05:05 AM
Not untrue. Though I've not seen anything about the back-to-back nature since the official announcement of "no more Infinity War Part 2" that appeared to preclude it. Though it's more than possible I've just not seen it or forgotten it.

Yeah, it's still due out in 2019, and I read an interview with one of the Russos the other day talking about how some days they'll shoot 3 and some days they'll shoot 4.

Whereas Justice League part 2 is just not even hapenning.

NinjaPug
02-25-2017, 06:49 AM
I know what they said but I still think Avengers 4 is connected directly to Thanos/Infinity War.

ProactiveMan
02-25-2017, 08:10 AM
Like they'd have any idea if they got it right or not.

ToTheNines
02-25-2017, 08:28 AM
I know what they said but I still think Avengers 4 is connected directly to Thanos/Infinity War.

Agreed. Thanos has had less than 5 minutes of screen time thus far, and I don't expect to see him outside of post-credits scenes in Guardians or Ragnarok. Doubt we'll see him at all in Spidey or Black Panther.

I don't see how they wrap him up in just one movie.

TheSkeletonMan939
02-25-2017, 08:37 AM
I think Avengers 3 and Avengers 4 will carry the same overarching plotline, but they'll each tell complete, full, stories. No Desolation of Smaug **** where it ends on an almost literal cliffhanger.

Donatello19
02-25-2017, 08:48 AM
I think Avengers 3 and Avengers 4 will carry the same overarching plotline, but they'll each tell complete, full, stories.

Perfect way to sum it up, this is what I assumed when they announced "no Infinity War 2" as well.

sdp
02-25-2017, 09:05 AM
I think Avengers 3 and 4 will indeed be connected but A3 being more of an "ending' to the first three "phases" and A4 a "passing the torch" initiating phase 4.

ZariusTwo
02-25-2017, 09:14 AM
You guys are kinda proving Cubed's point about the FF's relevancy by continuing to make the thread all about the Avengers movies.:lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-25-2017, 11:35 AM
I would personally LOVE to see a good Fantastic Four movie. It has elements we've never seen before in a comic book movie:

1. A TRUE family structure and bond
2. A married couple fighting/working together
3. A legitimate sovereign nation and its head of state as the antagonist

saintsaucey
02-25-2017, 12:27 PM
I would personally LOVE to see a good Fantastic Four movie. It has elements we've never seen before in a comic book movie:

1. A TRUE family structure and bond
2. A married couple fighting/working together
3. A legitimate sovereign nation and its head of state as the antagonist

**** no no doom. We have had too much doom. Give us the mole man and annihilus in the first two movies.

ToTheNines
02-25-2017, 12:32 PM
You guys are kinda proving Cubed's point about the FF's relevancy by continuing to make the thread all about the Avengers movies.:lol:

I'd rather watch paint dry than discuss a Fox produced FF movie.

Obviously he's just a troll, but to say everyone born after 1980 wouldn't like them is silly. Several animated shows, some significant comic runs (especially the Waid stuff) and their legacy alone keep them relevant.

And being the huge Spider-Man fan that you are, I'm surprised you aren't clamoring to see Peter and Johnny on screen together, now that Spidey is being done right (despite being 16... again. But he could be in college as early as the sequel).

ToTheNines
02-25-2017, 12:33 PM
**** no no doom. We have had too much doom. Give us the mole man and annihilus in the first two movies.

We've had some half assed Doom. Marvel would give us real Doom.

FAKE DOOM! SAD!

Dust
02-25-2017, 01:15 PM
Make it rated R then maybe it'll work :lol:
I kid of course, but Fox should do what they did for Deadpool and Logan and to let the director make the movie how they want to. Granted, it's not a guarantee that it'll be good, so they need to find the correct director for it.

Or just do the simpler thing and give the rights back to Marvel.

GoldMutant
02-25-2017, 02:10 PM
Last time the Fantastic Four had their own series was World's Greatest Heroes, which was a decade ago. Other than their appearances in the various Marvel cartoons (the Marvel Animation "Universe," Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and Super Hero Squad) and Super Skrull being playable in UMVC3, that movie was the last main thing they've appeared in individually.

I really wish they could get an actually decent piece of other media past WGH (I personally liked it), but the general audience doesn't seem too interested. If placed in the hands of the right person though, they could be fantastic. (Pun totally intended)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-25-2017, 04:04 PM

You don't want the real Doom? By that same logic, you don't want a real Venom, a real Lex Luthor, or a real Galactus. Just because previous movies did the character terribly doesn't mean the character can't and shouldn't be done well.

saintsaucey
02-25-2017, 04:45 PM
You don't want the real Doom? By that same logic, you don't want a real Venom, a real Lex Luthor, or a real Galactus. Just because previous movies did the character terribly doesn't mean the character can't and shouldn't be done well.

Not as the first villain. Its what dc keeps getting wrong giving us paralax first in the gl movie giving us zod first in the man of steel movie and then following him up with the death if superman. It's called a slow burn you don't do the heavy hitter right off the bat.

I wouldn't want venom in the first movie either. I also wouldn't want venom to come in the same movie as black suit spider-man either.

Andrew NDB
02-26-2017, 02:29 AM
I think Avengers 3 and 4 will indeed be connected but A3 being more of an "ending' to the first three "phases" and A4 a "passing the torch" initiating phase 4.

Probably something like that, if anything. But I don't foresee "Infinity War" to end on some kind of, "To be continued... Thanos will return in the next Avengers!" Thanos will be dealt with at the movie's end, but probably Avengers 4 will "pick up the pieces," so to speak. Marvel movies don't really lend themselves well to cliffhangers when their universe is constantly moving. It's not like we'd see a cliffhanger ending on, say, Doctor Strange 3, and then get a bunch of other Marvel movies, then after all that pick up in Doctor Strange 4 where the 3rd one left off. That's just not the way it works.

saintsaucey
02-26-2017, 04:39 AM
Probably something like that, if anything. But I don't foresee "Infinity War" to end on some kind of, "To be continued... Thanos will return in the next Avengers!" Thanos will be dealt with at the movie's end, but probably Avengers 4 will "pick up the pieces," so to speak. Marvel movies don't really lend themselves well to cliffhangers when their universe is constantly moving. It's not like we'd see a cliffhanger ending on, say, Doctor Strange 3, and then get a bunch of other Marvel movies, then after all that pick up in Doctor Strange 4 where the 3rd one left off. That's just not the way it works.

But there won't be a bunch of movies inbetween the two. At the most there will be one

ToTheNines
02-26-2017, 04:51 AM
Ant-Man 2 comes out right after Infinity War, and Captian Marvel comes out right before Avengers 4.

The Deadman
02-26-2017, 09:30 AM

https://moviepilot.com/p/avengers-infinity-war-sequel-filming/4193934

By this logic nobody born in the 90s should have ANY interest in ANYTHING after 1989...but low and behold...they DO! Amazing, isnt it?

CyberCubed
02-26-2017, 04:20 PM
By this logic nobody born in the 90s should have ANY interest in ANYTHING after 1989...but low and behold...they DO! Amazing, isnt it?

Case in point, most people outside of hardcore comic fans had no clue or interest in the Avengers as characters until this movie universe started.

It's in the same manner a lot of kids born in the late 90's or early 2000's don't care about TMNT as much as the 80's or early 90's gens did, simply because they didn't grow up with it and missed the height of Turtlemania. You can say the same thing for other huge kid franchises like Power Rangers, Pokemon, etc. that had their biggest fanbases when they first started despite going on for 20 years.

DestronMirage22
02-26-2017, 06:49 PM
I grew up reading a lot of Fantastic Four, so they're really dear to me. But Fox has bastardized what the FF represent, and they don't deserve any more chances to "make a right FF movie". They've had two, and with each film they get progressively worse. No more. They need to stop.