PDA

View Full Version : TMNT #68 Preview & Discussion

ChosenOne
02-27-2017, 01:41 PM
The issue itself is still a couple of weeks away, but we already have these pages to keep us entertained while we wait:

http://i.imgur.com/dCRCZCS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nmeq6QV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/u0plPpg.jpg

Sophie Campbell
02-27-2017, 02:06 PM
Definitely the best scene in the series so far.

ChosenOne
02-27-2017, 02:08 PM
Looks like Leo's frustration with his brothers, as evidenced by this scene and the talk with Splinter in #67, is building up to something.

Technogeek29
02-27-2017, 02:15 PM
Ah those older brother feels, when everything about your younger siblings frustrate the living hell out of you.

ToTheNines
02-27-2017, 02:16 PM
Eek. I'm generally not a Leo fan, but I've pretty cool with the IDW version going on 5 years... and this is a great way to make me start hating him.

MikeandRaph87
02-27-2017, 02:17 PM
Bad puns? Mike hasn't met me yet!

things are getting interesting. I like the characterization coming out of this. Leonardo, Slash, and Hob. Maybe getting into agent Bishop's motives as well.

CyberCubed
02-27-2017, 02:33 PM
Old Hob should have just blurted out, "The Mutanimals have all been attacked and kidnapped" right from the start. :lol:

ChosenOne
02-27-2017, 02:39 PM
Old Hob should have just blurted out, "The Mutanimals have all been attacked and kidnapped" right from the start. :lol:

When has he ever been straightforward in a conversation instead of generating a little tension first? He's a cat. :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-27-2017, 04:22 PM
Eek. I'm generally not a Leo fan, but I've pretty cool with the IDW version going on 5 years... and this is a great way to make me start hating him.

That's funny, because it's having the opposite effect. I'm finding Mike and Raph annoying in this arc... all they wanna do is chill, when THE APOCALYPSE--actually, MULTIPLE APOCALYPSES--are about to erupt. :trazz:

The Happy One
02-27-2017, 04:50 PM
That's funny, because it's having the opposite effect. I'm finding Mike and Raph annoying in this arc... all they wanna do is chill, when THE APOCALYPSE--actually, MULTIPLE APOCALYPSES--are about to erupt. :trazz:

I mean after all they've been through- I'd wanna chill too:lol: but I get your point. They've been a little too laxed, and they should know what happens when their guards are down

MikeandRaph87
02-27-2017, 05:22 PM

:( I may be over analytical and punny but annoying? JK.

Raphael is aggressive and distrusting when it comes to Old Hob. Pepperoni just makes his soft side shine which is something we are not accustomed to.

ToTheNines
02-27-2017, 05:31 PM

I feel you. It makes sense that he's nagging them about their katas, he is the Sensei now. The real kicker for me was when he discounted Pepperoni as a "dumb pet" lol.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-27-2017, 07:38 PM
I feel you. It makes sense that he's nagging them about their katas, he is the Sensei now. The real kicker for me was when he discounted Pepperoni as a "dumb pet" lol.

That's true, "dumb pet" was unnecessarily antagonistic. But Leo's pretty irked right now. :tlol:

:( I may be over analytical and punny but annoying? JK.

Raphael is aggressive and distrusting when it comes to Old Hob. Pepperoni just makes his soft side shine which is something we are not accustomed to.

:tlol: Good one, mate.

And yeah, Raph's never going to forgive Hob for Issues #1-4. I'd LOVE a Raph/Hob story arc though, where they have to work together.

I mean after all they've been through- I'd wanna chill too:lol: but I get your point. They've been a little too laxed, and they should know what happens when their guards are down

Yeah, I guess it's understandable... but they KNOW Bishop and the Pantheon and Leatherhead are all out there, coming for them eventually. This level of lazy seems kinda unbelievable.

spookycookies
02-27-2017, 08:13 PM
Mark my words Pepperoni is going to save Leonardo's life by the end of this arc...

Mutant Ninja Anole
02-27-2017, 10:33 PM
I always identified with Leo in every incarnation, usually for the reasons everyone else seems to hate him. Same thing here, oh how dare Leo actually tell us to take staying prepared seriously! And hey, he is the calm one with regards to Hob!

Given what we know of what just happened to the Mutanimals, fun time is over. The government has effectively declared war against them and is rounding them up like cattle. Frankly I'd be down if Leo said, "We should apologize to Splinter" at this point because his realist perspective is looking more and more right.

ChosenOne
02-28-2017, 12:29 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that either Slash or Hob might not make it out of this arc alive? :(

CyberCubed
02-28-2017, 12:31 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that either Slash or Hob might not make it out of this arc alive? :(

Nah, I'm sure there will be no deaths. Hob's also in the series for the long haul as he is the breakout new character of this universe.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-28-2017, 12:35 PM
What I'd LOVE to see happen is Hob try to actually kill Slash because he has to protect the other mutants and he sees it as freeing Slash.

ChosenOne
02-28-2017, 12:36 PM
Nah, I'm sure there will be no deaths. Hob's also in the series for the long haul as he is the breakout new character of this universe.

The solicitation for #70 does say the conflict will turn deadly for one of the sides.

Hob will never get his war on humans with his current crew, would he work better as a fallen messiah for mutantkind? And Slash has a long road to redemption ahead of him if/when he is freed from EPF control, so it's possible his could be a redemption by death. Both of them are in just the right place right now to give them unforgettable send-offs.

Or maybe it's Bishop who dies? Nah, IDW wouldn't go there again so soon after Dunn... Or would they? Huh.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-28-2017, 12:42 PM
The solicitation for #70 does say the conflict will turn deadly for one of the sides.

Hob will never get his war on humans with his current crew, would he work better as a fallen messiah for mutantkind? And Slash has a long road to redemption ahead of him if/when he is freed from EPF control, so it's possible his could be a redemption by death. Both of them are in just the right place right now to give them unforgettable send-offs.

Or maybe it's Bishop who dies? Nah, IDW wouldn't go there again so soon after Dunn... Or would they? Huh.

If Slash DID die, I'd be okay with it. I'd hate it, but I'd be okay with it. It'd really drive Old Hob even further into his mutant crusade, and I'm ALL for that.

old_hob88
02-28-2017, 12:51 PM
If Slash DID die, I'd be okay with it. I'd hate it, but I'd be okay with it. It'd really drive Old Hob even further into his mutant crusade, and I'm ALL for that.

Totally agree. The only Mutanimal that was strongly against the "by any means" mindset of Hob was Slash, so with him dying, it'd give the group a reason to become, effectively, terrorists. I'd totally be crushed by his death, but it could really take the Mutanimals story in a cool direction, making them sort of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants to the turtle's X-Men.

Utrommaniac
02-28-2017, 12:54 PM
Bishop is probably going to outlast Dunn by quite a bit. He still needs to do whatever he's doing with Burnow after the Mutants. Quite frankly, he's smarter than Dunn ever wished he could be, and is a more powerful threat by far.

MikeandRaph87
02-28-2017, 01:09 PM
is Slash Tom Joad or Jim Casey? I was thinking along the lines of Tom Joad, you all are implying he is Jim Casey.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-28-2017, 01:14 PM
Bishop could easily last a full 100 issues on his own. After Krang and Shredder, he is THE biggest TMNT antagonist. And he's only third in notoriety... in terms of threat, he's completely equal to Oroku Saki.

is Slash Tom Joad or Jim Casey? I was thinking along the lines of Tom Joad, you all are implying he is Jim Casey.

After I read "Of Mice and Men", I took a solemn blood oath in the light of a full moon to never again read anything by John Steinbeck.

I know not these characters of whom you speak.

MikeandRaph87
02-28-2017, 01:49 PM
Bishop could easily last a full 100 issues on his own. After Krang and Shredder, he is THE biggest TMNT antagonist. And he's only third in notoriety... in terms of threat, he's completely equal to Oroku Saki.

After I read "Of Mice and Men", I took a solemn blood oath in the light of a full moon to never again read anything by John Steinbeck.

I know not these characters of whom you speak.

Agent Bishop #3 villain in the Rogues Gallery? I always considered Shredder/Krang as #1. Only with IDW can I separate them. With them separated Krang would be the perssitent #2 foe while Rat King goes from #2 to #3.

I enjoy the book perhaps because I am a history teacher. Its one of my top five favorites. Here is a summary of both characters to give you an idea of what I am trying to parallel. For the record I read GoW and East of Eden as required reading in 11th grade. One was good the other was not interesting.
https://www.cliffsnotes.com/literature/g/the-grapes-of-wrath/character-analysis/tom-joad

https://www.cliffsnotes.com/literature/g/the-grapes-of-wrath/character-analysis/jim-casy

i2JR3FmvVAw

AlessandraDC
02-28-2017, 03:47 PM
Definitely the best scene in the series so far.

What is? Any scene with Pepperoni? :)

ChosenOne
03-17-2017, 01:33 PM
Slightly longer preview here (http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/exclusive-preview-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-68/1100-156423/).

ProphetofGanja
03-17-2017, 01:45 PM
Nice. Who's that old dude pissing off his wife I wonder?

CyberCubed
03-17-2017, 01:53 PM
I was kinda hoping they wouldn't delve into the lives of Winter and the other guy, seems like unncessary padding for minor characters. They'll probably do the same for that new scientist guy too.

myconius
03-17-2017, 03:02 PM
The issue itself is still a couple of weeks away, but we already have these pages to keep us entertained while we wait:

http://i.imgur.com/dCRCZCS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nmeq6QV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/u0plPpg.jpg

unless it was a mistake, i got an email from comixology saying my subscription issue was expected this coming wednesday.

ChosenOne
03-17-2017, 03:03 PM
unless it was a mistake, i got an email from comixology saying my subscription issue was expected this coming wednesday.

Indeed it is. I started this thread with the original, shorter preview in the last week of February. Sorry for the confusion.

myconius
03-17-2017, 03:06 PM
Indeed it is. I started this thread with the original, shorter preview in the last week of February. Sorry for the confusion.

AH!!!! i failed to notice that!

my bad!!! :lol:

Mutant Ninja Anole
03-21-2017, 10:49 AM
I was kinda hoping they wouldn't delve into the lives of Winter and the other guy, seems like unncessary padding for minor characters. They'll probably do the same for that new scientist guy too.

I like being reminded that the faceless henchmen have lives and wants outside of what we see.

I wonder what they did with Lindsey? Don't see Mutagen Man and Herman either.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-21-2017, 11:11 AM

I like being reminded that the faceless henchmen have lives and wants outside of what we see.

I wonder what they did with Lindsey? Don't see Mutagen Man and Herman either.

Let me explain why Tom is showing this, Cubed. It's not padding; it's humanizing. IDW is showing that Knight is becoming increasingly uncomfortable with Bishop's extreme measures. Knight's a regular guy, with a wife, who works late at the office. He's not a driven zealot like Bishop.

So expect Knight to eventually stand up to Bishop on behalf of mutants.

MikeandRaph87
03-21-2017, 11:18 AM
Well said, CKD! Wesley is simply doing a job while Bishop is feeding an obsession.

I do wonder if Bishop will decide to fight fire with fire and use Winter as an experiment.

myconius
03-22-2017, 07:01 AM
Ray really shined in this issue!! :D

he was absolutely phenomenal.

Icegaze
03-22-2017, 08:38 AM
MVPs were Man Ray and Bishop, but more coming from the former. Nice set-up for the climax that issue #70 is going to be. Eager!

By the way, Ray's poison barb darts were totally unexpected! And so is his alleged high IQ. Loving this depiction of the "soldier-tactician" vs Herman's "soldier-do-as-commanded".

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-22-2017, 08:40 AM
Seconded. Ray was absolutely badass. And I love that he's been monitoring you-know-who. :tgrin:

MikeandRaph87
03-22-2017, 08:52 AM
I enjoyed the exchange between Agent Bishop and Man Ray.

So the tail does grow back, but are surgerically reattaching Herman's limb?
So who is at fault, Leo or Hob. They have to go to the scene of the crime because Hob cannot be trusted. Yet it would have seemed obivious one cannot go back to a place that the government is examing itself.

Slash vs TMNT and Hob. Likely a fight with Agent Bishop in #70. Knight turning on Bishop and maybe a death, Slash more likely than the others. Hopefully it won't be the case though.

ChosenOne
03-22-2017, 09:36 AM
Ray's first real time to shine since his introduction was well deserved and well executed. He reminds me very much of the X-Men's Beast (back when the character was decently written), all big and blue and eloquent.

And it was a treat getting confirmation that IDW Bishop is indeed a fighter!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-22-2017, 09:58 AM
I enjoyed the exchange between Agent Bishop and Man Ray.

So the tail does grow back, but are surgerically reattaching Herman's limb?
So who is at fault, Leo or Hob. They have to go to the scene of the crime because Hob cannot be trusted. Yet it would have seemed obivious one cannot go back to a place that the government is examing itself.

Slash vs TMNT and Hob. Likely a fight with Agent Bishop in #70. Knight turning on Bishop and maybe a death, Slash more likely than the others. Hopefully it won't be the case though.

Leo was absolutely at fault. All the Turtles were. Yes, Hob is untrustworthy as a direct ally to them. But as leader of the Mutanimals, he has never lied about their safety or wanting what is best for them.

Raph is an idiot, Leo is an idiot, and they're all about to get in deep, deep muck because of it.

Ray's first real time to shine since his introduction was well deserved and well executed. He reminds me very much of the X-Men's Beast (back when the character was decently written), all big and blue and eloquent.

And it was a treat getting confirmation that IDW Bishop is indeed a fighter!

Oooh, I never made that connection! He DOES remind me of Beast!

myconius
03-22-2017, 10:58 AM
this was great read! Ray was just amazing with how he handled himself with Bishop. Sally and Mondo had some really great moments as well.
the Turtles definitely took the backseat to the Mutanimals in this issue.

favorite line from the issue-
"this isn't my first rodeo."

looks like Leo is starting to come undone.
i'd like to think he wouldn't completely crack under the pressure the way he did at the end.
guess we'll have to see how he handles his tiSh next issue?
and i know Raph's a hothead but GEEZ!!!!

i didn't mind the dialog boxes bleeding into the next page.
though when the dialog starts on the prior page i have to go back and re-read it after i find out who's saying it. that's just a little jarring.

CyberCubed
03-22-2017, 12:02 PM
Heh, I almost thought they were going to put Mutagen Man on ice and freeze him just like what happened to the Nick Mutagen Man. :lol:

Man Ray was great, as said in the Archie comics he was the leader of the Mutanimals so it's nice to see here he's the most intelligent of them. And it's nice that Bishop is a fighter like his other version. This was mostly a Mutanimals story and I liked it a lot.

I guess Leatherhead isn't going to be in this arc after all, as we're 2 issues in now. The Mutanimals feel a bit incomplete without him, but I guess he won't join them in this series.

myconius
03-22-2017, 12:10 PM
I guess Leatherhead isn't going to be in this arc after all, as we're 2 issues in now. The Mutanimals feel a bit incomplete without him, but I guess he won't join them in this series.

after Leatherhead's meeting with Hob, i don't think he wants to join with anybody.

MikeandRaph87
03-22-2017, 01:08 PM
Heh, I almost thought they were going to put Mutagen Man on ice and freeze him just like what happened to the Nick Mutagen Man. :lol:

Man Ray was great, as said in the Archie comics he was the leader of the Mutanimals so it's nice to see here he's the most intelligent of them. And it's nice that Bishop is a fighter like his other version. This was mostly a Mutanimals story and I liked it a lot.

Slash I thought was supposed to be the one with the highest I.Q. of the mutants sans Donatello after the ooze injection. That is not to say Ray is not an intellectual just I precieved Slash to be the brightest of The Mutanimals.

Leatherhead is best on his own.

myconius
03-22-2017, 03:47 PM
reading it a second time, the Turtles were pretty foolish to go back to the Mutanimal's appartment if they suspected that Agent Bishop and Darkwater were involved. especially without some sort of contingency plan.

oh well :roll:

AlessandraDC
03-22-2017, 04:44 PM
I think these are the moments that remind us how young the turtles are and how vulnerable Leo - and all of them - are to making bad decisions.

CyberCubed
03-22-2017, 05:32 PM
I really love Mondo Gecko's chameleon power, that's something his character never had in either the original cartoon or Archie or now in the Nick show, yet it's so obvious for him to have.

Redeemer
03-22-2017, 07:41 PM
Any One else think that Bishop Is a mutant himself or has Mutant abilities????? He went head to head with Man Ray despite being at a severe disadvantage physically.

ProphetofGanja
03-22-2017, 07:49 PM
Any One else think that Bishop Is a mutant himself or has Mutant abilities????? He went head to head with Man Ray despite being at a severe disadvantage physically.

I don't know, but there could be something going on with him or his dad. Go check Santolouco's instagram for sneak peeks

MikeandRaph87
03-22-2017, 07:52 PM

It crossed my mind he could be the equivalent to http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/7/71/AJHoward.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100715190734 A.J. Howard However, I prefer him to be the same ole Agent Bishop from the 2003 cartoon except he is ater mutants who he perceives as a threat to humanity not a means to enhance the defense against aliens.

oldmanwinters
03-22-2017, 08:02 PM
As a fan of the 4Kids show, I never quite understood how Bishop developed his mad fighting skills, physical strength, and apparent immortality. What episode revealed those details?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-22-2017, 08:07 PM
As a fan of the 4Kids show, I never quite understood how Bishop developed his mad fighting skills, physical strength, and apparent immortality. What episode revealed those details?

He had lived for over 150 years. You pick up a few skills in that time.

As for the immortality, aliens experimented on him. Don't remember which episode had those flashbacks... he was abducted from a Civil War battlefield...

MikeandRaph87
03-22-2017, 08:24 PM
He had lived for over 150 years. You pick up a few skills in that time.

As for the immortality, aliens experimented on him. Don't remember which episode had those flashbacks... he was abducted from a Civil War battlefield...

Episode#95,'Outbreak'. It shows him in the opening teaser scene as Andrew Jackson's#2 in the Battle of New Orleans. The traditional looking aliens with gray skin experiment on him. It does not show any side effects. I doubt his ability of cloning himself as a way of prolonging his life to stave off alien invasion, only the reason for it. Its available on Youtube if you are interested. I would link it,but you know the rules.

ProphetofGanja
03-22-2017, 08:29 PM
Episode#95,'Outbreak'. It shows him in the opening teaser scene as Andrew Jackson's#2 in the Battle of New Orleans. The traditional looking aliens with gray skin experiment on him. It does not show any side effects. I doubt his ability of cloning himself as a way of prolonging his life to stave off alien invasion, only the reason for it. Its available on Youtube if you are interested. I would link it,but you know the rules.

wait what? So the original Bishop took to cloning himself and transferring his consciousness into each new body as a means of prolonging his life?

CyberCubed
03-22-2017, 08:35 PM
In the 4kids series Bishop was born in the 1800's. In order to still be alive and not die of old age...he constantly transfered his mind over to a clone body of himself so he could theoretically live forever. That's how he's still alive.

MikeandRaph87
03-22-2017, 08:39 PM
wait what? So the original Bishop took to cloning himself and transferring his consciousness into each new body as a means of prolonging his life?

Exactly. Let me send you the episode. He was born in the late 1700(probably 1780s'). He looks the same age in 1815 as he is in the show only with a fashionable beard for the time. There was aslo a picture of him with U.S. Grant. Grant was the one who commissioned the EPF.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-22-2017, 08:45 PM

Yup! Even more badass now, isn't he? :tcool:

DestronMirage22
03-22-2017, 10:16 PM
Really good issue, with a lot of good character moments. Ray in particular was just so great. His speech and mannerisms with his overall badassery in combat made for many good advances in his character. Bishop as cruel as ever finally shows off his skills, and I'm loving it! Also nice to see Knight's struggle with all this, wonder where this will take him.

Technogeek29
03-22-2017, 10:49 PM
Aww Lindsey really does care, I like she fought to be the lead surgeon for Seymour. Bishop comes off as disinterested until Ray said he knew about him. Goes well with Bishop's control freak tendencies breaking when the enemy has the upper hand.

It's really a testament to how lost Leo is for making such a foolish decision as to go back to the scene of the crime the flipping Goverment is investigating. I like it, shows how out of touch he is to making his own decisions. It's very similar to how rash and ultimately foolish his decisions were early in the series first year. Without Splinter only one of his plans haven't backfired and that was Krang's invasion. (Hesitantly but he pressed on)

Redeemer
03-22-2017, 11:34 PM
I don't know, but there could be something going on with him or his dad. Go check Santolouco's instagram for sneak peeks

I have a sneaky suspicion that him and his dad are the same person.
That would explain why he ranked up so fast and became the head of the EPF also his Dad Established the EPF and would explain why he would essential wind up head of the agency that he created.

Ninjinister
03-22-2017, 11:40 PM
I like that Ray got some much-needed fleshing out.

Utrommaniac
03-22-2017, 11:56 PM
In the 4kids series Bishop was born in the 1800's. In order to still be alive and not die of old age...he constantly transfered his mind over to a clone body of himself so he could theoretically live forever. That's how he's still alive.

I thought he was abducted by aliens and dropped back in the wrong time period???

But yeah, I'm in on the clone deal for IDW. But there's also Mateus' comment on said instagram. "I'm not saying it's aliens, but...it's aliens."

CyberCubed
03-23-2017, 12:51 AM
I thought he was abducted by aliens and dropped back in the wrong time period??? "

No, they show him abducted by aliens in the 1800's and he's brought back in the same time. Later episodes in Season 4 actually show him transfer his mind over to a new body while his old one disintegrates.

Bishop can live forever. That's why in Fast Forward which takes place in the year 2105, he's still alive and is the president of the entire Earth. He's still alive 100 years in the future past the 4kids era's present day too, which was 2005 at the time.

Rooish
03-26-2017, 11:16 PM
Wow, I just caught up on a few issues (and TMNT Universe! That got good!!).

Ray is so cool. I was waiting for him to get a moment and that was a massive one. He is totally like Beast especially with the glasses. I also feel that his words were sort of a hidden reference to our current world.

We sure have a lot of hulking geniuses don't we? Slash, Ray, Leatherhead. I wonder who's the most intelligent? We should rank the characters by smarts. Those three, Donnie, and Harold. Discuss.

Does anyone think Lindsey is kind of underused? She needs to be fleshed out a bit.

I also am very much enjoying Sally. I wonder why they decided on a mutant cat? They already have one (Hob) and apparently Jagwar is coming. Seems like cats are a bit overdone eh? (Although we are still missing Klunk! I actually may have to ask Bobby about this.)

I honestly think the Mutanimals are more fun than the Turtles to read about. I can see why they won over people's hearts so in Archie. I'm into this series again after losing a bit of interest. It has come such a long way and has so many awesome moments.

Loving the Universe issues too, with Don's trauma. Don is really well developed in this series.

It's very similar to how rash and ultimately foolish his decisions were early in the series first year.

Can you remind me what happened there? And yeah, what the heck is going on with Leo's Heroic BSOD?

Utrommaniac
03-26-2017, 11:24 PM
My money's on Ray. Even with his own string of PTSD, he seems a lot more emotionally balanced than Leatherhead and more in control of himself than Slash.

I'm pretty sure Sally is a lioness, too.

ToTheNines
03-31-2017, 04:47 PM
Not a bad ish. Was kinda hoping they'd keep it full throttle all the way through, but the breakout has begun and the turtles are joining the fight next month.

Don't remember which episode had those flashbacks... he was abducted from a Civil War battlefield...

The War of 1812, actually.

AquaParade
03-31-2017, 04:58 PM

Ha! love the new avatar.

DrSpengler
04-01-2017, 09:19 AM
Just got back from vacation, so I'm late to the game on this one!

Here's my full summary and review of TMNT #68 at TMNT Entity. (http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2017/04/tmnt-idw-68.html)

You know, to go off on a tangent, I really do love the Mutanimals. There's a great, subtle portrayal of their pecking order and the niches each individual fills out, all of which is personality driven and SHOWN rather than TOLD.

Some of the best stuff in this book is done with them.

Rooish
04-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Not a tangent at all. The Mutanimals are more compelling than the Turtles at this point.

I do have a tangent though. How long do you think this no killing thing can be kept up? I reread the last 10 issues or so and Mike has whined about it several times... "But no killing, right guys?" This seems like it has to lead somewhere. Is it seriously going to lead nowhere at all? Are the Turtles just not going to kill anyone for the whole series? It's okay if that happens, but if so I wish they would stop dwelling on the point because it's just pointing out, over and over again, the restrictions from Viacom.

CyberCubed
04-01-2017, 01:54 PM
I can't see any of the other major villains being killed at this point. Most of them have also become neutral or reluctant allies of the Turtles too, like Karai and Baxter now. Hun is sort of low-key now, Bebop/Rocksteady won't be killed off, and everyone else like Rat King or Kitsune are immortal God's anyway. So all that's left is what...Bishop or Null? I doubt they'll die either, not anytime soon.