PDA

View Full Version : TMNT III: Anything GOOD In It?

Shift
03-05-2017, 12:19 PM
I was having a discussion with someone on another forum about TMNT III and whether it has any merits. I didn't enjoy it myself, and he agrees it's not a good movie, but that next to II with Tokka and Rahzar's infantile nature, Vanilla Ice instantly dating the film, and Super Shredder's lame demise, III's not the only movie deserving of shame. He even pointed out that III had some good set up, such as the Japanese setting, the villain being an arms dealer, and the turtles being divided on whether to stay or go back home, in addition to some of the character moments spread throughout the movie.

I'm just wondering if anyone else here has good things to say about III, because the way he explained it, it almost makes me want to give the film another chance.

CyberCubed
03-05-2017, 12:28 PM
I quite like Movie III's plot and scenery and action scenes. Also some nice development for Raph/Yoshi and Mike/Mitsu. Leo and Don also have some funny moments in the movie as does Casey.

If the costumes were on par with the second movie and they toned down some of the corny jokes, I'd have no problem with it.

sdp
03-05-2017, 12:42 PM
I want to like it, but it's hard the plot is just so generic that I can't find it special in any way but there are plenty of GOOD things in it which is why I want to like it.

- The turtle suits allow for the most movement and they actually use their weapons quite a bit so it's nice and it shows as we see the turtles do things that they couldn't even in the first movie.

-The Time scepter and going to ancient japan/using the Kappas as part of the plot are great ideas that sadly don't have much else in the plot.

-Casey Jones in the present with the samurai added comedy even if it was sad that we didn't see him in action.

The movie needed a better villain and plot and we could've overlooked the dialog or acting like we did in II. It certainly had some things going for it.

DisKosh
03-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Even though the main plot was generic I think it had potential but they didn't do much with it.

Although I did find Raph bonding with that kid sweet. :tsmile:

(Another random thing: the guy who played the villain was in an episode of Space 1999).

ToTheNines
03-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I'd give it another chance. It has some decent action, too. Especially compared to the totally neutered fights in SotO.

I really wish the Henson people could have stayed for the third one. We wouldn't be having this conversation then.

Jester
03-05-2017, 02:13 PM
I stand by my statement that TMNT III would be remembered more fondly if the costumes were still Henson-made.

Sabacooza
03-05-2017, 02:54 PM
I stand by my statement that TMNT III would be remembered more fondly if the costumes were still Henson-made.I totally agree with this. Those costumes were atrocious.

oldmanwinters
03-05-2017, 04:10 PM
I've always liked the movie. As a kid, sometimes it was even my favorite of the three (usually depending on which one I had watched most recently. It really missed the Henson influence, but the turtle costumes are mostly hidden under the shogun armor suits for a good chunk of the movie.

sgtfbomb
03-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Well, the theatrical poster was really cool. They never seem to use it for the home video release.

Anarchistguy
03-05-2017, 07:04 PM
I liked the weapon sparring at the beginning of the movie. Felt good seeing them use their weapons again after the castrated fights in TMNT II

oldmanwinters
03-05-2017, 08:18 PM
I liked the weapon sparring at the beginning of the movie. Felt good seeing them use their weapons again after the castrated fights in TMNT II

Come to think of it, they really did make a bit deal about "we've got our weapons back" in that opening ZZ Top number. I liked the silliness of it too. And then Raph just has enough of it and throws a fit.
_y-nbSuW2Zc

myconius
03-05-2017, 09:31 PM
it might not be as good as the 1990 film, but i still really enjoy some things about Tmnt III.

shuriken
03-05-2017, 10:34 PM
The feudal guard dancing to Tarzan Boy at the bar/club is hilarious and one of the best bits of the movie.
Fight choreography was good.
Sands of time were neat.
Elias Koteas
The TMNT actually talking about being freaks and not fitting into their own times was neat.
ummm No magical 13 monsters?

mikezilla2
03-05-2017, 10:34 PM
the Costumes were great !

the actors in those suits must have gone thro Hell and back lol

ssjup81
03-06-2017, 04:08 AM
I was having a discussion with someone on another forum about TMNT III and whether it has any merits. I didn't enjoy it myself, and he agrees it's not a good movie, but that next to II with Tokka and Rahzar's infantile nature, Vanilla Ice instantly dating the film, and Super Shredder's lame demise, III's not the only movie deserving of shame. He even pointed out that III had some good set up, such as the Japanese setting, the villain being an arms dealer, and the turtles being divided on whether to stay or go back home, in addition to some of the character moments spread throughout the movie.

I'm just wondering if anyone else here has good things to say about III, because the way he explained it, it almost makes me want to give the film another chance.Tarzan Boy. :-P

The movie had a lot of potential, just poorly executed, IMO.

plastroncafe
03-06-2017, 11:46 AM
As a whole, not a great movie.
But there are parts of it I find immensely entertaining.

Though, I totally prefer the original story by Dooney way more.

pferreira
03-09-2017, 10:32 AM
What works best for the movie is the fact that out of all three films it feels the most epic with it's location scenery. A lot of the film is well directed, the acting is good but the jokes as well as the costume heads are pretty bad. While I understand setting it in Japan was a nice idea the reason we like the Turtles is their interactions with New York City. This is why people point to Tarzan Boy being one of the better moments in the movie because it has a scene set in a New York club/bar. It's a glimpse at a different sequel.

Candy Kappa
03-09-2017, 11:00 AM
The technology under the unfortunate looking costumes was great for its time.

biganimefan
03-09-2017, 11:09 AM
I know I'm in the vast minority here, but TMNT III remains to this day my personal favorite of the movies. Does it have issues? Oh Yeah, it certainly does! But as a kid especially I loved time travel stories and its Japan setting definitely helps I think. But I definitely agree that the costumes are sub-par at best.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
03-12-2017, 01:24 PM
The conflict is well developed and the human characters are pretty complex and well developed also. The main cast all act like caricatures of themselves though-- especially April, who is like the worst of the Judith Hoag version of the character combined with the worst of the Renae Jacobs version of the character. The Mirage influence is there, enough that Mitsu, Yoshi, and their grandfather become justified cameos in the Secret Origins arc of the 4Kids show.

MsMarvelDuckie
03-12-2017, 02:11 PM
O course there is good stuff in it. It is probably my favorite of the three (or at least a close second to the original- it really depends on my mood) due to several factors. One, the cinematography was GORGEOUS. The Japanese scenery right from the opening onward, was simply so beautiful, I fell in love instantly. All the characters were well-developed, and I really didn't mind the corny jokes, because- well, it IS TMNT (and they had more of the FW influence by then). I loved the fight scenes, and the costuming (not the turtles suits, but the rest of it) was really well done. I never found the plot or villains generic- they were different from what fans expected, sure, but time-travel is NEVER really "generic", IMHO. Also, the little hints at influencing their own future (Raph with Yoshi, Whit possibly being an ancestor of Casey, etc.) were neat. Overall, I think this one gets too much flack, and most of it is undeserved. Yes the turtle suits (mostly the heads, as someone pointed out) were not as good, but since they were mostly covered by the samurai armor I hardly ever noticed. The parts in New York were a lot of fun, too. Casey in the bar with those guards was hilarious, as was their introduction to hockey and TV.

IndigoErth
03-12-2017, 03:02 PM
Always my favorite part of the whole thing... Turtles in the old samurai outfits/armor. Kinda cute (and it hides those lackluster Turtle costumes).

d_osborn
03-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Well, the theatrical poster was really cool. They never seem to use it for the home video release.
No kidding, the painted poster illustration is amazing.

Eastman and Laird's heart was in the right place for TMNT 3, but they just didn't have the right creative crew backing them up. The idea was to not make the same mistake and rush another sequel. It was supposed to be more in the tone of the first movie with the time travel stuff.

Another tip of the hat to Tarzan Boy. Fantastic old jam.
_r0n9Dv6XnY

Shark_Blade
03-13-2017, 06:11 AM
Despite the inferior looking turtles, it's better than Secret of the Ooze in every single way.

Kingoji
03-13-2017, 06:20 AM
The line "He who dings the shell must pay!" is worth it alone.

ToTheNines
03-13-2017, 06:44 AM
The line "He who dings the shell must pay!" is worth it alone.

Lol, yeah. Rist is awesome. "So... what's your sign?" was also perfectly delivered.

And I loved Raph calling Donnie out on his horrible Japanese.

Powder
03-13-2017, 01:14 PM
All the turtle banter in it is hilarious. :tlol: If only there were a little less time spent on the human cast (though they too are pretty amusing!).

Autbot_Benz
03-13-2017, 01:27 PM
I like the third one its cheesy but its fun. Id rather watch this one over the 2 bayturtle movies anyday

pferreira
03-16-2017, 10:32 AM
Despite the inferior looking turtles, it's better than Secret of the Ooze in every single way.The jokes in the second movie are better.

sgtfbomb
03-16-2017, 10:50 AM
The jokes in the second movie are better.

No doubt. TMNT III's joke fall flat almost all the time. For the most part, it's just a bunch of pulp culture references, like "Hey, let's have them do the 'stewing' gag from Wayne's World or mention the Addams Family."

Turnstone
04-05-2017, 03:12 PM
I see a lot of praise for this movie but I'm wondering if most of the praise is coming from those born after 1984. The only three things that are good in this movie are the illustrations, the fact that they use their weapons and maybe that Tarzan Boy song which I oddly like. Costumes are ridiculous and the story is nothing of value. I have only seen it three or four times since it's release (as I have seen all three movies in theaters) and it's still unwatchable to me.

The original movie will always be a classic and is a "watch anytime" kind of flick. The second one is watchable mostly due to nostalgia for those of us that grew up around this time. Other than that, I really don't watch any other TMNT movies. However, I always wanted to see a small series of animated movies done right similar to the DC ones made.

Vicky82
04-05-2017, 04:02 PM
I like this movie, there were some good moments in it

Mikey saving the kid from the fire and Leo giving him CPR.
Mikey bonding with Mitsu and also when Mikey had to held back and told to calm down when Whit kidnapped Mitsu.
Raph bonding with little Yoshi.
Raph also had to be held back and told to calm down when Walker had April.

lonewarrior20
04-05-2017, 07:16 PM
i enjoyed it. personally a little editing and a change on the cheesy sound effects would've made it better. i love mikey in this film along with the final fight scene.

oldmanwinters
04-05-2017, 08:58 PM
In my opinion, the action figure tie-ins to this movie were great. I enjoyed the intricate designs of the samurai outfits and the removable face plates.

Jester
04-05-2017, 09:19 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Had TMNT III had Henson Suits, it'd be remembered more fondly.

FredWolfLeonardo
04-05-2017, 09:25 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Had TMNT III had Henson Suits, it'd be remembered more fondly.

This.

I think it could've been a much better film with only a few adjustments, not just an enjoyable bad film:

1. The enemies could've been the ancestors of Oroku Saki and the turtles ally themselves with Hamato Yoshi's ancestors to fight them.
2. Jim Henson suits
3. Tone and atmosphere of the 1st film (fight scenes, soundtrack, dialogue etc.)

I guess people will always see the 3rd as the worst, even if it can be argued that it was better than SOTO in some areas. SOTO had shredder, the Jim Henson suits and a more memorable set-up so it will always be seen more fondly than tmnt 3.

Btown
04-05-2017, 10:56 PM
This.

I think it could've been a much better film with only a few adjustments, not just an enjoyable bad film:

1. The enemies could've been the ancestors of Oroku Saki and the turtles ally themselves with Hamato Yoshi's ancestors to fight them.
2. Jim Henson suits
3. Tone and atmosphere of the 1st film (fight scenes, soundtrack, dialogue etc.)

I guess people will always see the 3rd as the worst, even if it can be argued that it was better than SOTO in some areas. SOTO had shredder, the Jim Henson suits and a more memorable set-up so it will always be seen more fondly than tmnt 3.

This is exactly how I feel. I recently rewatched this and I couldnt help but think the same thing.

pferreira
04-06-2017, 09:47 AM
No doubt. TMNT III's joke fall flat almost all the time. For the most part, it's just a bunch of pulp culture references, like "Hey, let's have them do the 'stewing' gag from Wayne's World or mention the Addams Family."I have no idea why they included an Addams Family reference. It's like James Rolfe once said, you're not expecting The Addams Family, The Addams Family is the furthest thing from you mind when watching a TMNT movie. :lol:

I have only seen it three or four times since it's release (as I have seen all three movies in theaters) and it's still unwatchable to me.Well they say humour is subjective so maybe other than Raph thought The Addams Family reference was hilarious. :D

myconius
04-09-2017, 07:43 AM
i recently re-watched Tmnt pt3.

it was a breath of fresh air seeing them use their weapons.

and Ninja Turtles wearing samurai armor . . . frikken DOPE!!! :D

i mean it's no Kurosawa film, but it was still pretty cool! :tsmile:

Punker
04-21-2017, 08:46 AM
In my opinion, the third movie is by far the worst of the original movie series, but it's still not nearly as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. Like most people have said, their costumes are awful, which definitely brings it down for me. It's kind of hilarious how much worse they are compared to the first and second movies.

One of the biggest positives for me is having Casey Jones back. Even though he doesn't do much in the movie, it's still pretty sweet that he's there. I also love having Corey Feldman back as the voice of Donatello. I don't know how most people feel about him, considering that it's not really a traditional nerdy Donatello voice, but that was the voice that really stuck to me as Donatello when I was a kid.

There are a lot of nice bonding moments, like people have mentioned as well. So, it's not one of my favorites, but I think that it's worth watching.

pferreira
04-27-2017, 01:04 PM
also love having Corey Feldman back as the voice of Donatello. I don't know how most people feel about him, considering that it's not really a traditional nerdy Donatello voice, but that was the voice that really stuck to me as Donatello when I was a kid.Adam Carl is what people expect of Donatello but yeah Corey Feldman is still cool in the role.

myconius
05-08-2017, 09:18 PM
as bad as the Turtle costumes looked in Pt.3 at least they weren't fighting with yo-yos and baloney.

THGhost
05-15-2017, 09:28 AM
I swear I posted him here already.

I like TMNT III a lot more OotS. They actually use their weapons and I enjoy the story and fight scenes. It's nowhere near as bad as people say it is.

MsMarvelDuckie
05-18-2017, 06:15 PM
One of the other things I liked about this one was the score. Yoshi's Theme is truly beautiful, and it had some really good songs in the soundtrack as well.

billbot85
05-28-2017, 09:31 PM
I stand by my statement that TMNT III would be remembered more fondly if the costumes were still Henson-made.

My point exactly. It's hard to get past how bad the costumes look in this movie. Even watching it as a kid the difference in their appearances was more than obvious, and I was even kinda disappointed with the movie back then, too. It just didn't leave the same impact on me the way the first two films did. Most of the time, it just didn't feel like a TMNT movie.

Some things I did like in the movie though was: some of the fight scenes, Casey Jones returning, the setting being in feudal Japan, the relationship the turtles have with Yoshi (especially Raph) and the other villagers.

pferreira
06-01-2017, 09:27 AM
My point exactly. It's hard to get past how bad the costumes look in this movie. Even watching it as a kid the difference in their appearances was more than obvious, and I was even kinda disappointed with the movie back then, too. It just didn't leave the same impact on me the way the first two films did. Most of the time, it just didn't feel like a TMNT movie.
The Turtle costumes themselves aren't too bad but the faces are really what lets it down. Also Splinter looks terrible.

myconius
06-01-2017, 09:31 AM
yeah the faces were pretty awful.
looked like animated halloween masks.

just really wish they could have allocated just a bit more of the budget into the turtle's heads.

Zachatello00
06-01-2017, 12:20 PM
I loved the soundtrack of the movie, and the return of Corey Feldman as Donatello. It was easily the most "dismissible" of the three, but yeah, it wasn't the worst thing to happen to TMNT.

"Hey Leo, hi-foot!"

myconius
06-01-2017, 01:46 PM
i still much prefer it over...

https://68.media.tumblr.com/1f5fdd307343e208e9822aa8c71be4ee/tumblr_mgvhovsapU1rrov60o1_500.gif

every time i see that scene the nightmares return.

http://www.gifimagesdownload.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/you-just-noooo-gif.gif

pferreira
06-08-2017, 03:52 PM
just really wish they could have allocated just a bit more of the budget into the turtle's heads.It's possible the company in charge of the animatronics didn't have the expertise that Henson had.

I loved the soundtrack of the movie, and the return of Corey Feldman as Donatello. It was easily the most "dismissible" of the three, but yeah, it wasn't the worst thing to happen to TMNT. I actually liked what they did with Elias Koteas in the role of Whit. Good acting.

myconius
06-08-2017, 04:25 PM
It's possible the company in charge of the animatronics didn't have the expertise that Henson had.

they definitely didn't.
i just wish they would have at least used a softer more natural looking material to cast the heads, instead of that shiny plastic looking material they used.

newhire13
06-08-2017, 05:04 PM
i still much prefer it over...

https://68.media.tumblr.com/1f5fdd307343e208e9822aa8c71be4ee/tumblr_mgvhovsapU1rrov60o1_500.gif

every time i see that scene the nightmares return.

http://www.gifimagesdownload.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/you-just-noooo-gif.gif

Ha, just noticed Leo was throwing up the Roc hand gesture. Jay-Z would be proud lol

turtle1237
06-13-2017, 12:03 PM
they definitely didn't.
i just wish they would have at least used a softer more natural looking material to cast the heads, instead of that shiny plastic looking material they used.

True, but at the same time Henson was a master at what he did. He was a Puppet icon. Very few could pull off what Henson could pull off. Which is why the suits in the first 2 movies were great. Back in that day if you needed puppet work in your movie, and you WANT top quality, you went to Jim Henson. He was the best.

shuriken
06-14-2017, 01:13 AM
The feudal guard dancing to Tarzan Boy at the bar/club is hilarious and one of the best bits of the movie.
Fight choreography was good.
Sands of time were neat.
Elias Koteas
The TMNT actually talking about being freaks and not fitting into their own times was neat.
ummm No magical 13 monsters?
Yes I quoted myself so I wouldn't write it again. SUE ME
It's still an objectively bad movie, and so was SoTO. It's just that I enjoyed the setup to SoTO muuuuch more and give me as much crap as you want, but that Vanilla Ice scene is hella fun for me. Plus the soundtrack for that movie was also solid (hell the first 3 films, Ya Kid K THO).
Only Objectively good TMNT movie is the 1990 one, and even that one had a tonal shift problem. Every other movie has good moments strewn about in a sea of mediocrity.

pferreira
06-15-2017, 09:38 AM
they definitely didn't.
i just wish they would have at least used a softer more natural looking material to cast the heads, instead of that shiny plastic looking material they used.I say this because the company who worked on the third movie were responsible for Johnny Five in the Short Circuit movies. The animatronics should at least have been good in TMNT III but they weren't.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
06-15-2017, 04:51 PM
It at least had a setting in Japan.

turtle1237
06-15-2017, 10:16 PM
I say this because the company who worked on the third movie were responsible for Johnny Five in the Short Circuit movies. The animatronics should at least have been good in TMNT III but they weren't.

That's comparing 2 different monsters right there, it takes more work to make a talking walking turtle than it did for Johnny Five(Don't get me wrong I love the Johnny Five movies)

Five didn't have a moving head that needed a working talking mouth vs the flash lights they used on Five when he spoke. Nor did he have well moveable body parts like legs that require to kick. All Johnny Five had were moveable arms, flash light mouth and a head that move. Outside of that he was pretty much immobile.

Oh yeah and moveable eyes. Forgot about that.

myconius
06-15-2017, 11:04 PM
yeah, big difference between a mechanical character vs ones that are supposed to be organic.

hey! maybe THAT'S why their faces looked so stiff and robotic in the movie? :tlol:

turtle1237
06-15-2017, 11:29 PM
yeah, big difference between a mechanical character vs ones that are supposed to be organic.

hey! maybe THAT'S why their faces looked so stiff and robotic in the movie? :tlol:

As I said before, Jim Henson was really about the only guy that had the talent that could of made the turtles look well "Alive" :lol:. Henson was a master.

Not saying the other team did bad as for as puppet work goes, it was decent, but when you compare Turtles 1 and 2 vs 3, its like comparing say a Car to a horse Buggy. Henson was really ahead of his time, and people didn't see puppet work of that level before. I not counting his Muppets fame here, but movies like the Dark Crystal, was a Muppet master piece. Than making the turtles suits like they were, it was almost like the turtles were real blood living creatures.

myconius
06-15-2017, 11:52 PM
As I said before, Jim Henson was really about the only guy that had the talent that could of made the turtles look well "Alive" :lol:. Henson was a master.

Not saying the other team did bad as for as puppet work goes, it was decent, but when you compare Turtles 1 and 2 vs 3, its like comparing say a Car to a horse Buggy. Henson was really ahead of his time, and people didn't see puppet work of that level before. I not counting his Muppets fame here, but movies like the Dark Crystal, was a Muppet master piece. Than making the turtles suits like they were, it was almost like the turtles were real blood living creatures.

Henson was definitely one of the best, but not the only one that could have pulled it off.

Rick Baker had done the effects for American Werewolf in London in 1981

https://68.media.tumblr.com/b337a48376dc2c021901d7faa29b1255/tumblr_nrnebgyla41qj7u8ao1_500.gif

and Harry and the Hendersons in 1987.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/c9670bf9322e024eb28ce5e0580fec78/tumblr_ogn6yrkhZj1qzk2apo1_500.gif

plus there was amazing effects done for John Carpenter's 'The Thing' by Rob Bottin.

but if they were't willing to spend the money for Henson Studios i doubt they could have afforded either Baker or Bottin.

the team they hired just looked like they didn't have any budget to work with.
the materials looked like animated halloween masks.

turtle1237
06-16-2017, 12:03 AM
Henson was definitely one of the best, but not the only one that could have pulled it off.

Rick Baker had done the effects for American Werewolf in London in 1981

https://68.media.tumblr.com/b337a48376dc2c021901d7faa29b1255/tumblr_nrnebgyla41qj7u8ao1_500.gif

and Harry and the Hendersons in 1987.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/c9670bf9322e024eb28ce5e0580fec78/tumblr_ogn6yrkhZj1qzk2apo1_500.gif

but if they were't willing to spend the money for Henson Studios i doubt they could have afforded Baker.

the team they hired just looked like they didn't have any budget to work with.
the materials looked like animated halloween masks.

Yeah Baker was great, his work on Harry and the Henderson's was puppet legend. Only saw the werewolf movie a few times as a kid, so I could not make a comment on that lol. His work on Gremlins 2 should get a mention.

myconius
06-16-2017, 12:09 AM
Yeah Baker was great, his work on Harry and the Henderson's was puppet legend. Only saw the werewolf movie a few times as a kid, so I could not make a comment on that lol. His work on Gremlins 2 should get a mention.

i can honestly say if you enjoy horror movies, then you really might want to check out American Werewolf in London. absolute classic! i watch that movie at least 2 or 3 times a year.

good point about Gremlins 2!
now i'm wondering who did the effects for the first Gremlin film?
those effects were amazing!

pferreira
06-22-2017, 09:33 AM
now i'm wondering who did the effects for the first Gremlin film?those effects were amazing!Chris Walas. I like the sequel better.

That's comparing 2 different monsters right there, it takes more work to make a talking walking turtle than it did for Johnny Five(Don't get me wrong I love the Johnny Five movies) I get what you're saying. I would just think since they've done animatronic work already that they'd be qualified. Looking at the end result I think the company went in totally unprepared.

RaphaelinSTL
06-22-2017, 12:05 PM
It's not the Bay films ... so it automatically gets a pass.

To me, TMNT III is like the Batman & Robin of the franchise. Fun to laugh at. Some interesting moments in there, but overall a forgettable affair.

dawwe
07-15-2017, 11:09 AM
I do kinda like the basic idea of the turtles going back to feudal Japan using an old scepter.

FredWolfLeonardo
07-15-2017, 02:34 PM
To the movies credit, its so bad its enjoyable. Even the one liners in the movie are memorable for how absurd they are:

"So you were expecting maybe the Adam's family?"

"Help I'm a turtle and I can't get up"

"Help, I think I swallowed a frog. Hope it wasn't an ancestor."

mrmaczaps
07-15-2017, 03:52 PM
If you have read any of the weird colume one time travel comics then TMNT 3 makes much more sense. Still a bit weird and not quite right, but still better than the 2014/16 films.

CyberCubed
07-15-2017, 04:56 PM
The movie is great.

Faster and Cheaper
07-15-2017, 06:20 PM
It lead to a funny episode of We Hate Movies last year, and a cool poster too! Other than that...nah movie is basura

Donnie
07-15-2017, 07:38 PM
I love TMNT III. Don't care what anyone says, I love it for story and for nostalgia. Michelangelo actually gets some real development in III.

TerranigmaFreak
07-17-2017, 11:11 PM
The 3rd movie will always be my second favorite of the original trilogy. It had a lot of heart warming moments, and allows the turtles to interact with more people. Mikey saving Yoshi from the burning building, Leo giving him CPR, and Raph bonding with the kid. A lot of great little moments. Like everyone said, they can use their weapons again, so that's nice. The conflict between the turtles wanting to stay because people appreciate them, versus going home to where they belong. A plot involving rebellion and war (though could be more fleshed out). Casey Jones being in there again.

For everyone saying the movie would be better if it had better suits, I also agree. Imagine if someone gets the money to take the existing movie, and use CGI to replace the suits with effects that look closer to the original movie. Nothing needs to be changed, just replace the turtles with CGI. Well done CGI of course.

pferreira
07-20-2017, 10:07 AM
Imagine if someone gets the money to take the existing movie, and use CGI to replace the suits with effects that look closer to the original movie. Nothing needs to be changed, just replace the turtles with CGI. Well done CGI of course.I'm not sure today's technology allows that in recreating the costume and the cost is way to expensive for a film that is disliked so much.

FlawedCoil82
07-29-2017, 02:12 PM
After being terribly letdown by SOTO and their inability to use their weapons in the fights, I was in love with III when it first came out. I was so happy when I saw their weapons again that it automatically shot past SOTO for that alone. I also loved the fight scenes, the music (particularly during the dungeon and forest fights) and I love the scene when Raph throws his sai and breaks the woman's arrow. Also, the scenery in that forest fight is beautiful to look at.

What I didn't like was how the fighting skills of the turtles were vastly more powerful/competent than the samurai warriors, to where there was never any feeling like they ever stood a chance against the turtles. Also (just like SOTO) there was no "big boss" fight at the end. I can certainly see the flaws and extra cheese in watching the film today that I missed when I was younger, but overall I still rate it as my second favorite TMNT movie.

Donnie
07-29-2017, 05:23 PM
After being terribly letdown by SOTO and their inability to use their weapons in the fights, I was in love with III when it first came out. I was so happy when I saw their weapons again that it automatically shot past SOTO for that alone. I also loved the fight scenes, the music (particularly during the dungeon and forest fights) and I love the scene when Raph throws his sai and breaks the woman's arrow. Also, the scenery in that forest fight is beautiful to look at.

Right?! TMNT III soundtrack is top-notch. Totally rivals the 1990 soundtrack.