PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Rise will last longer than 2012

turtlefanforever
03-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Who here thinks "Rise Of the teenage mutant ninja turtles" (working title) will last longer than the 5 seasons 2012 tmnt?

It has more promise but the blows the 2012 series and Platinum Dunes movies has dealt to the franchise it certainly has an uphill battle to gain traction. But a good re-brand can have astonishing results.

TurtleTitan97
03-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Oh brother. Can't go on day without trolling on the 2012 series, can you? :roll: We get that you don't like it, but calling it a failure like the PD movies is ridiculous.

Shark_Blade
03-08-2017, 01:40 PM
2012 is phenomenally excellent and PD movies were great visually.

Longer toon seasons doesn't mean it's gonna be good. Look at Simpsons, that dried out dying cow. I don't care how long the new tmnt toon gonna last as long it's good.

TigerClaw
03-08-2017, 01:40 PM
It really depends on the quality of it, Given the people that are behind this new series, It could be good and have longevity, I never seen the Samurai Jack series, But judging from the positive reactions of the person who is involved in this, The franchise maybe in good hands.

Dust
03-08-2017, 01:45 PM
What blows has 2012 done to the franchise? The only bad things I can think of is a few character decisions (mostly with April imo), some episodes almost feeling like they're straight out of the OT and a few dropped storylines (ie Mutagen Man, April's mother). The 2012 crew have been very respectful to the series and some very faithful adaptations of both stories and characters, as well as many outstanding episodes in general.

ToTheNines
03-08-2017, 01:50 PM
What blows has 2012 done to the franchise?

Brought retard trolls like tff to the 'Drome.

Autbot_Benz
03-08-2017, 01:52 PM
how has Trollfanforever not been banned yet. For someone who gets triggered when people troll TNM he gets his jollies off hating on the nick show.

Tetsu Deinonychus
03-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Is there even enough known about "Rise" to make any comparisons yet?

Coola Yagami
03-08-2017, 02:29 PM
It's hard to say. If it's all out comedy without a plot, it might run a season or 2. I know if it tried to do the TTG route it won't beat the original TTG just like any other comedic cartoon won't top the sponge any time soon.

I still think there's plot elements to explore though. Mystic powers to discover and all that.

CyberCubed
03-08-2017, 02:43 PM
I think the phrase, "Go away, troll" should be used in this situation.

As well as, "This thread needs to be locked," and "You people don't know what you want."

turtlefanforever
03-08-2017, 04:22 PM
It's hard to say. If it's all out comedy without a plot, it might run a season or 2. I know if it tried to do the TTG route it won't beat the original TTG just like any other comedic cartoon won't top the sponge any time soon.

I still think there's plot elements to explore though. Mystic powers to discover and all that.

It all depends on episode length too. If its 11 mins we could be getting a LOT of episodes.

Vicky82
03-08-2017, 04:24 PM
It all depends on episode length too. If its 11 mins we could be getting a LOT of episodes.

Season 1 is 26 episodes so it will be the normal over 20 mins episodes.

ssjup81
03-08-2017, 04:32 PM
If it turns out to be episodic, unlike this series and the 2003 series, I could see it maybe outlasting it. It's easier for people to watch something episodic because you don't have to watch previous episodes to understand what's going on in the one current episode.

snake
03-08-2017, 05:30 PM
If it turns out to be episodic, unlike this series and the 2003 series, I could see it maybe outlasting it. It's easier for people to watch something episodic because you don't have to watch previous episodes to understand what's going on in the one current episode.

Samurai Jack-esque TMNT would be amazing. Little dialogue, great pacing, and stylized animation are the way to go.

CyberCubed
03-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Season 1 is 26 episodes so it will be the normal over 20 mins episodes.

That could still mean 26 shows but with two 11 minute episodes in them. Who knows.

Technogeek29
03-08-2017, 05:41 PM
What blows has 2012 done to the franchise? The only bad things I can think of is a few character decisions (mostly with April imo), some episodes almost feeling like they're straight out of the OT and a few dropped storylines (ie Mutagen Man, April's mother). The 2012 crew have been very respectful to the series and some very faithful adaptations of both stories and characters, as well as many outstanding episodes in general.

Y'know? I think this sums up best about what I feel about the show.

SS Kakarot
03-08-2017, 06:06 PM
That could still mean 26 shows but with two 11 minute episodes in them. Who knows.

I really think that's how it will be, since almost every cartoon is like that these days.

PApagreg
03-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Samurai Jack-esque TMNT would be amazing. Little dialogue, great pacing, and stylized animation are the way to go.

I don't think little dialogue would go great with TMNT, everything else you said I could see work though

neatoman
03-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Why are we discussing the potential longevity of a show we literally only know the name of? Seriously, we haven't seen designs, test footage, an episode list, nothing. All we have is a name and a basic idea of the concept.

Anyway, it all depends on how what kind of show it is. If Nickelodeon does what they did with SpongeBob and Fairly Odd Parents, then it will certainly outlive the first Nick show and beyond any other TMNT show. (Really, those two shows have both lasted for close to 20 years).

Metalwolf
03-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Why are we discussing the potential longevity of a show we literally only know the name of? Seriously, we haven't seen designs, test footage, an episode list, nothing. All we have is a name and a basic idea of the concept.

Anyway, it all depends on how what kind of show it is. If Nickelodeon does what they did with SpongeBob and Fairly Odd Parents, then it will certainly outlive the first Nick show and beyond any other TMNT show. (Really, those two shows have both lasted for close to 20 years).I think it's mainly based on hearing 'Lighter, and with more comedy.'

That likely means something like a redux of the original show or it's concept, like how TTG is of TT.

WebLurker
03-09-2017, 11:33 AM

Anyway, it all depends on how what kind of show it is. If Nickelodeon does what they did with SpongeBob and Fairly Odd Parents, then it will certainly outlive the first Nick show and beyond any other TMNT show. (Really, those two shows have both lasted for close to 20 years).

Agreed, let's see the first few episodes before placing bets.

neatoman
03-09-2017, 12:06 PM
I think it's mainly based on hearing 'Lighter, and with more comedy.'

That likely means something like a redux of the original show or it's concept, like how TTG is of TT.

That's the typical kind of fluff statement we always get when new shows are announced, usually in regards to how the previous one was. About the only thing we know about the upcoming Spider-Man cartoon (just as an example) is that the creators claim they won't make the same mistakes as with USM, they're probably just trying to distance this new show from the old one in some way.

Rise is not likely going to be that different from the current show in terms of tone, I suspect they're just pointing out light tone in comparison to episodes involving heavy subject matter. Of course it's worth noting that Rise is replacing a show that, while it might have had darker moments, mostly had episodes about subject matter like pizza mutants and female Bigfoot.

So who really knows how different the tone will be?

sdp
03-09-2017, 04:00 PM
The reason we already need a new forum is so people can make stupid threads that don't matter. And I'm not knocking stupid threads, there's a new show announced which gets people excited and want to discuss things that haven't come out and post the slightest bit of news that can be found but it's also not fair to the Nick show forum to be flooded with Rise threads.

As for the actual discussion fo the thread "If the show doesn't reach 120+ episodes it'll be a failure to TMNT cartoons"

CyberCubed
03-09-2017, 04:01 PM
The reason we already need a new forum is so people can make stupid threads that don't matter. And I'm not knocking stupid threads, there's a new show announced which gets people excited and want to discuss things that haven't come out and post the slightest bit of news that can be found.

The show doesn't come out to Fall 2018. That's practically 2 years away at this point. It's way too early especially since we know nothing about it yet.

Donatello19
03-09-2017, 04:18 PM
It'll go on for as long as it's toys sales stay up.

FredWolfLeonardo
03-09-2017, 04:22 PM
No way, I don't think there's even a 1% chance that the new show will outlive the Nick one. I'm predicting its gonna run for 2-3 seasons at most and then finish.

BubblyShell22
03-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Only time will tell. I think it would be better to wait until it airs and then see if it will last or not. I think it's a little premature for anyone to predict something that we know nothing about for the most part.

Aaronardo
03-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Man, all you've done since you first joined this forum way back in a dark time where my name was That Collector Guy is troll the hell out of the Nick series. Iirc, you've said yourself you've seen one episode of the show and your actual "reasons" for not liking it are pretty flimsy.

I mean, the Nick show has its problems, but Christ dude, I don't know how the hell you haven't gotten banned for trolling yet. The amount of sh*tastic threads you've made just to remind everyone how much of a stain the Nick series is on TMNT's reputation as a franchise is ridiculous.

As for the question, who f*cking knows? It's so far from being out we don't even have a teaser or leaked test footage. We have no real clue what this show will look like, what the animation style will be, or what its sense of humor will be, so we're not going to be able to make an educated guess on that for a while. Even then, you seem to be in this mindset that length of show = quality of show, when Avatar: The Last Airbender, one of the greatest western animated shows, had 3 seasons. Didn't need more or less. By your logic, is the Nick TMNT series better than the likes of Avatar, seeing as how this show is pushing its 5th season?

...Go away, troll.

Bry
03-14-2017, 12:44 PM
I kinda doubt it. Coming right off the end of the current series, and after we've seen some fairly high-profile flops for the property, doesn't bode particularly well. I honestly think the Bay movies killed a lot of the property's current buzz, and TMNT has a track record with this sort of thing -- attempts to "relaunch" with a new gimmick and/or style when the property's cooling off tend to fall totally flat. Mystic powers could just be the new "red sky" or Fast Forward.

A lot of it depends on the content, which we obviously can't judge yet. Even moreso, it depends on how cheap the new show is to produce -- the lower the overhead, the lesser the ratings pressure. I've got a feeling they'll keep production costs as low as possible here, and I'd be surprised if they cast many/any "famous" voices this time, which would help its chances from a strict budgetary standpoint. But most of all, it'll depend on toy sales -- and launching a new line at the same time the last one ends (after sales have presumably dwindled for some time) might not be that effective. And if the toys aren't selling, the show won't last.

Generally it's smarter to let something rest for a while before making a big splash with a relaunch. It's worked wonders for TMNT before.