PDA

View Full Version : Could the new show be the Nick turtles in space?

FredWolfLeonardo
03-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Remember the season 4 episode of the Nick show called "Earths Last Stand"? At the end of the episode, the past turtles head off with fugitoid to have adventures in space.

Do you think its possible that the new show is actually just the adventures of the Alternate Nick turtles in space, done using 2D animation in the style of Half Shell Heroes? Yes or no, what do you think of this idea?

To me personally, it sounds like this idea could actually work since they can get the 2012 VAs to reprise their roles instead of going through the hassles of a new cast, giving fans of the current show a reason to check out the new one. Also, the concept of the turtles having adventures in space without the threat of the Triceratons blowing up earth sounds more in line with the lighthearted and more kid friendly nature of the new show.

TurtleTitan97
03-09-2017, 08:25 PM
The description for the new series didn't even mention anything about space adventures, so I highly doubt that's the case.

Coola Yagami
03-09-2017, 08:33 PM
What part of ALL NEWS SHOW do you not understand? This show will have as much to do with 2012 as Beware the Batman had to do with the Animated Series.

turtlefanforever
03-09-2017, 08:36 PM
I've heard nothing but bad things about the space arc from the 2012 series. Even the die hards of 2012 say its the worst arc there is. So i can't imagine that'd be it.

And besides that its so "gimmicky" that the longevity of a series like that would really come into question.

I get that "mystic turtles" is sort of a gimmick itself but there are more possibilities there. In space is so limited.

FredWolfLeonardo
03-09-2017, 08:42 PM
What part of ALL NEWS SHOW do you not understand? This show will have as much to do with 2012 as Beware the Batman had to do with the Animated Series.

To be fair though, beware the batman was released more than 10 years after TAS while this show is probably gonna air in a matter of months after the Nick show finishes.

And a show that has some connection to another show automatically doesn't disqualify from being an all new show. It could start with the past turtles, April and Casey time travelling with fugitoid to an alternate reality where they are all 2D in a brand new setting.

Autbot_Benz
03-09-2017, 08:52 PM
again this new 2018 show doesn't have anything to do with the 2012 show as Coola Said so that's not gonna happen. Its its own show. Ciro won't be working on it either.

CyberCubed
03-09-2017, 09:04 PM
I've heard nothing but bad things about the space arc from the 2012 series. Even the die hards of 2012 say its the worst arc there is. So i can't imagine that'd be it..

And those people are completely wrong. Most of the space arc besides some of the duller episodes were well received.

victory_angel
03-09-2017, 09:19 PM
The major problem with the Space arc is that the Turtles are in a new setting, but we don't really get to flesh out that setting because

1. New York will aways be their home.

2. There was the added pressure of the Turtles having to stop the Triceraton's from destroying the Earth and they only have six months to do it.

The space arc started with so much going on, the Turtle had just lost their sensei and the Earth along with him. They are picked up by a robot guy who seems to save them completely by chance, and then they are transported six months into the past in order to prevent Earth's destruction for occurring.

There were some interesting places and people used, but we never really get to flesh out that world or that character because there is a time limit to their adventure.

But yet when we see the Turtles kicking around and acting like they have all the time in the world we are left saying "Um guys...isn't there a death machine out there that is going to such your world into a black hole. Don't you think you should be trying to find it rather than watching some Chris Bradford Cartoon?"

With the temporal clones of the Turtles, April, and Casey that does open the door to a spinoff that does focus on the Turtles exploring space, without any conflicts or priorities. So being able to see the Turtles in Space and being able to flesh out the people, the various worlds, add other villains like the Federation for example.

But the current reboot cartoon is just starting things over from the beginning with the Turtles discovering New York and tapping into skills they didn't even know they had.

BubblyShell22
03-10-2017, 08:17 AM
I've heard nothing but bad things about the space arc from the 2012 series. Even the die hards of 2012 say its the worst arc there is. So i can't imagine that'd be it.

And besides that its so "gimmicky" that the longevity of a series like that would really come into question.

I get that "mystic turtles" is sort of a gimmick itself but there are more possibilities there. In space is so limited.

I had no problem with the space arc and thought it was better than the 2003 version of it.

LeotheLateBloomer
03-10-2017, 11:00 AM
To be fair though, beware the batman was released more than 10 years after TAS while this show is probably gonna air in a matter of months after the Nick show finishes.

And a show that has some connection to another show automatically doesn't disqualify from being an all new show. It could start with the past turtles, April and Casey time travelling with fugitoid to an alternate reality where they are all 2D in a brand new setting.

Moreover, Brave and the Bold aired eight months after The Batman ended in the same year and those two toons are nothing related or anything alike in terms of tone, so I'm afraid that's not a good comparison.

They already said that it's a new 2D animated series where the turtles will "seek to unlock the mystical secrets of New York City." So no chance of this being anything related to the space episodes. What made you think this, guy?

ABrown
03-10-2017, 11:06 AM
No, the turtles went to go experience all of the events that the turtles had thus far during the fourth season, thus completing the new time line.

WebLurker
03-10-2017, 11:51 AM

While not flawless, I actually liked it overall. I am a sci-fi fan though (Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.), so that may factor in.

No, the turtles went to go experience all of the events that the turtles had thus far during the fourth season, thus completing the new time line.

That doesn't work; history was already changed; there's nothing for the extra Turtles to do. Besides, the chain of events in the new timeline depended on the Turtles who went looking for the generator were the ones who experienced the timeline where the Triceretons were victorious.

(On top of that, the time-travel episode with Renet seemed to show that in this TMNT universe, time travel can involve both stable loops and times where things just change with no loop.)

Splinter the boss
03-10-2017, 02:32 PM
To the question: No, that would be redundant.

Jephael
03-10-2017, 10:42 PM
Remember the season 4 episode of the Nick show called "Earths Last Stand"? At the end of the episode, the past turtles head off with fugitoid to have adventures in space.

Do you think its possible that the new show is actually just the adventures of the Alternate Nick turtles in space, done using 2D animation in the style of Half Shell Heroes? Yes or no, what do you think of this idea?

To me personally, it sounds like this idea could actually work since they can get the 2012 VAs to reprise their roles instead of going through the hassles of a new cast, giving fans of the current show a reason to check out the new one. Also, the concept of the turtles having adventures in space without the threat of the Triceratons blowing up earth sounds more in line with the lighthearted and more kid friendly nature of the new show.

OMG, you really don't know how time travel works. The "past" Turtles, April and Casey went with their Fugitoid to go back in time and basically do exactly what the "current" Turtles did in the first half season 4. It's pretty much implied that's what happened even though they don't outright say it.

It's just like that scene in Back to the Future when Marty McFly arrived in 1985 several minutes early in attempt to save Doc, only to witness his own past self going back in time.

Also if the past TMNT were to not go back in time, then the current TMNT would pretty much cease to exist anyway.

PApagreg
03-10-2017, 10:49 PM
OMG, you really don't know how time travel works. The "past" Turtles, April and Casey went with their Fugitoid to go back in time and basically do exactly what the "current" Turtles did in the first half season 4. It's pretty much implied that's what happened even though they don't outright say it.

It's just like that scene in Back to the Future when Marty McFly arrived in 1985 several minutes early in attempt to save Doc, only to witness his own past self going back in time.

Also if the past TMNT were to not go back in time, then the current TMNT would pretty much cease to exist anyway.

Except that the "past turtles" don't have reason why to go back, its more like if Marty went back like 5 minutes earlier and warned Doc not to go in the parking lot want is there for "past marty" to do Doc hasn't been shot.

Jephael
03-10-2017, 10:59 PM
the "past turtles" don't have reason why to go back, its more like if Marty went back like 5 minutes earlier and warned Doc not to go in the parking lot want is there for "past marty" to do Doc hasn't been shot.

Quite the contrary. In both cases the past versions of the heroes have to go back in time to do exactly what their current selves did earlier in order to maintain the timeline, otherwise there'd be a major time paradox. Also in both cases therein lies the question of how time travel effects your memories. While we never get a straight answer from Bob Gale on how altering the past effects Marty and Doc's memory, the case here with Fugitoid taking the TMNT back in time left me wondering if they indeed created a new timeline or if the time warp effected their memories, making them merely believe they saw a worst case scenario where Shredder killed Splinter and the Earth get sucked into a black hole.

FredWolfLeonardo
03-11-2017, 12:25 AM
In the episode "Beyond the Known Universe", Fugitoid stated that the turtles had only one chance to travel back in time to save the Earth. Going by that, I don't think the past turtles would've been able to go back and alter the timeline after it had already been done once.

Jephael
03-11-2017, 12:51 AM
Fugitoid stated that the turtles had only one chance to travel back in time to save the Earth. Going by that, I don't think the past turtles would've been able to go back and alter the timeline after it had already been done once.

The Fugitoid who showed up to pick up the past TMNT had yet to use the time warp in the first place, hence it technically only happened once. Once those TMNT go back in time to do everything we saw their future selves do, they'll eventually return home to Earth and team up with their past selves, thus creating an infinite time loop. It's just like that scene in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures when they briefly meet their future selves and later are their future selves talking to their past selves. It's basically the same moment in time, but from a different point of view.

WebLurker
03-11-2017, 01:27 AM
The Fugitoid who showed up to pick up the past TMNT had yet to use the time warp in the first place, hence it technically only happened once. Once those TMNT go back in time to do everything we saw their future selves do, they'll eventually return home to Earth and team up with their past selves, thus creating an infinite time loop. It's just like that scene in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures when they briefly meet their future selves and later are their future selves talking to their past selves. It's basically the same moment in time, but from a different point of view.

But if the extra Turtles go back in time to find the Generator parts, won't they just run into their other selves doing the same, as we saw in the other episodes? There's a Pinky and the Brain episode that uses the time loop like you describe, and the circumstances don't mesh here, as far as I can tell.

victory_angel
03-11-2017, 02:10 AM

I think the best options are they disappeared and by that argument merged with their counterparts. Because they were about to becomes the what the turtles were in the finale. However there were subtile changes such as Mozar asking if they had met him before and the Turtles responding that no they had not.

And due to the Turtles from the previous reality showing up and saving the day, the other Turtles go into space and pretty much disappear to close the time paradox that was caused by their counter parts.

Jephael
03-11-2017, 03:19 AM
I think the best options are they disappeared and by that argument merged with their counterparts. Because they were about to becomes the what the turtles were in the finale. However there were subtle changes such as Mozar asking if they had met him before and the Turtles responding that no they had not.

And due to the Turtles from the previous reality showing up and saving the day, the other Turtles go into space and pretty much disappear to close the time paradox that was caused by their counter parts.

I'm no time travel expert, but I've never heard of the idea of people merging with themselves from an alternate timeline.

Also, I was just re-watching the season 3 finale last week and to my surprise I couldn't help but notice that part where Mozar asks the TMNT if they recognize him was like shot in a way that it could easily have been inserted into that same scene in "Annihilation: Earth".

My point being though is, it's pretty crystal clear that Past Fugitoid took Past April, Past Casey and the Past TMNT back in time to become the group as we saw them in the beginning of the season. Also as cool as the idea of there being alternate versions of the Ninja Turtles from another reality, it convolutes things too much.

No two versions of the same person from different points in time are meant to co-exist. Eventually the younger iteration has to become the older and go through exactly what he or she did before... otherwise all hell will break loose, especially if the older one were to accidentally cause their younger counterpart to meet a premature demise.

victory_angel
03-11-2017, 03:42 AM
I'm no time travel expert, but I've never heard of the idea of people merging with themselves from an alternate timeline.

Also, I was just re-watching the season 3 finale last week and to my surprise I couldn't help but notice that part where Mozar asks the TMNT if they recognize him was like shot in a way that it could easily have been inserted into that same scene in "Annihilation: Earth".

My point being though is, it's pretty crystal clear that Past Fugitoid took Past April, Past Casey and the Past TMNT back in time to become the group as we saw them in the beginning of the season. Also as cool as the idea of there being alternate versions of the Ninja Turtles from another reality, it convolutes things too much.

No two versions of the same person from different points in time are meant to co-exist. Eventually the younger iteration has to become the older and go through exactly what he or she did before... otherwise all hell will break loose, especially if the older one were to accidentally cause their younger counterpart to meet a premature demise.

then perhaps they just disappeared to close the time paradox, particularly since the hunt for the black hole generator is a mute point once it destroyed the triceraton mother ship.

ToTheNines
03-11-2017, 06:01 AM
It actually does make sense, they just skirted around the darker implications. Jeph, I'm a big BTTF fan too, but a lot of their time travel "rules" are totally silly, even if plenty of other works use them as a basis (TMNT included some times!)

Basically, (let's call seasons 1-3 of the Nick show universe A) Universe A was totally destroyed, it and all of its inhabitants on Earth are dead, save for our 6 heroes. When they go back in time, they don't go back in their own time in the linear sense (that's why Bishop/Mozar didn't know them, etc.), but when they went back 6 months, they created a branch-off timeline. Universe B.

So when they saved Universe B. Instead of everyone coexisting, the real Turtles of B just used Fugitoid's one time ticket to go back and do it again, creating Universe C. Ad infinitum, in theory.

Now the major difference is the the turtles from Universe B and onward aren't dealing with the murder of Master Splinter, or the destruction of their planet while on their space adventure. But it is interesting and unique that we got to see the beginning of the paradox. Normally we find the characters in the middle of the paradox when dealing with time travel stories.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
03-11-2017, 06:59 AM
Or why not following "Half Shell Heroes"?

ABrown
03-11-2017, 03:53 PM
http://d2rormqr1qwzpz.cloudfront.net/photos/2014/08/25/66843-bttf2-7.jpg

Man that's a good movie. And just like with the original Star Wars trilogy, the middle movie is my favorite.

Jephael
03-11-2017, 04:56 PM
Basically, (let's call seasons 1-3 of the Nick show universe A) Universe A was totally destroyed, it and all of its inhabitants on Earth are dead, save for our 6 heroes. When they go back in time, they don't go back in their own time in the linear sense (that's why Bishop/Mozar didn't know them, etc.), but when they went back 6 months, they created a branch-off timeline. Universe B.

So when they saved Universe B. Instead of everyone coexisting, the real Turtles of B just used Fugitoid's one time ticket to go back and do it again, creating Universe C. Ad infinitum, in theory.

Now the major difference is the the turtles from Universe B and onward aren't dealing with the murder of Master Splinter, or the destruction of their planet while on their space adventure. But it is interesting and unique that we got to see the beginning of the paradox. Normally we find the characters in the middle of the paradox when dealing with time travel stories.

Okay now here's the tricky part to all of this. As I stated before there's a safe bet the TMNT, April and Casey of the new timeline essentially had their minds wiped by the time travel process, thus making them have no memory of the new timeline, same as how the Marty we briefly see at the end of Back to the Future is essentially Marty of the new timeline, though once that Marty departs for 1955, his memories of that timeline are replaced by the memories of the original timeline, thus making him the Marty we've been following throughout the movie.

ToTheNines
03-11-2017, 05:48 PM
Okay now here's the tricky part to all of this. As I stated before there's a safe bet the TMNT, April and Casey of the new timeline essentially had their minds wiped by the time travel process, thus making them have no memory of the new timeline, same as how the Marty we briefly see at the end of Back to the Future is essentially Marty of the new timeline, though once that Marty departs for 1955, his memories of that timeline are replaced by the memories of the original timeline, thus making him the Marty we've been following throughout the movie.

I think you and I see eye to eye on all this up until the transferred memory stuff. I know there's precedent for it, in other fiction, but it's pretty dumb if you ask me. I mean, what sense does that make? Retaining memories of stuff that never happened to you? How?

***First of Two Latin Kings***
03-12-2017, 08:41 AM
Fugitoid will be taking turtles created in new timelines into space for all eternity...

Jephael
03-12-2017, 11:22 PM
I think you and I see eye to eye on all this up until the transferred memory stuff. I know there's precedent for it, in other fiction, but it's pretty dumb if you ask me. I mean, what sense does that make? Retaining memories of stuff that never happened to you? How?

Well, actually I agree with you. In my theory, essentially in any case no matter how many times you alter the past and change the timeline, you're still in the same universe, but with the new history basically taping over the previous version. In any matter, why wouldn't their memories be altered as well?

If you ever watch Quantum Leap, the main character of that show is constantly altering the past (for the better, mind you) and as a result his memory is totally scrambled. Even the current television version of The Flash and other heroes on CW had their memories altered as a result of constantly changing the past. I believe there once was an episode of The Twilight Zone or some such show where a woman went through a breakdown because she somehow gained knowledge of multiple alternate timelines.

For some reason Back to the Future ignores this principle and has its characters not go through such things. In fact the IDW comic book series just finished up a really interesting story about Marty having an existentialist crisis over the fact that he's forever stuck in a reality he doesn't feel like he truly belongs in, simply because he still retains full memory of the original history.

ToTheNines
03-13-2017, 05:24 AM
Gotcha. I just personally subscribe to the theory that going back on time doesn't alter your timeline, but rather creates a new branch-off timeline in the Multiverse.

Either that, or the old paradox/loop. Like in Tale of the Yokai. The turtles didn't go back and change anything, they were always there to rescue Yoshi. Everything they did was already set in stone.

WebLurker
03-13-2017, 09:48 AM
Gotcha. I just personally subscribe to the theory that going back on time doesn't alter your timeline, but rather creates a new branch-off timeline in the Multiverse.

Either that, or the old paradox/loop. Like in Tale of the Yokai. The turtles didn't go back and change anything, they were always there to rescue Yoshi. Everything they did was already set in stone.

Didn't "Turtles in Time" show that in the TMNT 2012 universe, time travel can change the history of their own timeline without predestination and all that? In that show, we learn that the Turtles were supposed to beat Savanti in their present day, but when Renet did the job for them, that created a new timeline, where Savanti was beaten under different circumstances,

Jephael
03-13-2017, 12:37 PM
I just personally subscribe to the theory that going back on time doesn't alter your timeline, but rather creates a new branch-off timeline in the Multiverse.

I was just watching Alice: Through the Looking Glass and it delved heavily into time travel and how history cannot be altered no matter how hard you try. Similarly you also have the time-turner scenario in the third Harry Potter story where essentially Harry and Hermione went back in time to save Buckbeak, however it was set up to make you feel like they had always been there.

WebLurker
03-13-2017, 12:56 PM
I was just watching Alice: Through the Looking Glass and it delved heavily into time travel and how history cannot be altered no matter how hard you try. Similarly you also have the time-turner scenario in the third Harry Potter story where essentially Harry and Hermione went back in time to save Buckbeak, however it was set up to make you feel like they had always been there.

Okay. Yeah, time travel stories usually have different rules (can't change history, can completely change history, can only make "minor" changes), depending on the what story is being told and the rules for temporal mechanics that are invented.

victory_angel
03-13-2017, 01:03 PM
I was just watching Alice: Through the Looking Glass and it delved heavily into time travel and how history cannot be altered no matter how hard you try. Similarly you also have the time-turner scenario in the third Harry Potter story where essentially Harry and Hermione went back in time to save Buckbeak, however, it was set up to make you feel like they had always been there.

Let's not forget Gargoyles when Damona goes back in time to warn her younger self about how in a matter of years her clan would be destroyed and her mate as well as the handful of survivors are cursed to sleep forever in stone. Goliath defeats Demona and knocks her unconscious.

When younger Demona asks how she can go on knowing this future will happen. Goliath just tells her not to focus on that future but live in the present and keep her vows of love. Later in present day when Demona wakes up she says that she never forgot what Goliath had told her and it changed nothing.

With the whole events with the Turtle's in space everything up until the death of Splinter would be intact. So if the turtles do still have memory of Splinter being killed off it would likely just a residual memory of that former timeline.