PDA

View Full Version : TMNT: Robotanimals - New Amazing Adventures?

AlZarkovski
03-21-2017, 02:32 AM
New book coming in December:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/6155XQRNhRL.jpg
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures: Robotanimals (https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Adventures/dp/1684051010/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1490050896&sr=1-1&keywords=ninja+turtles)

This is new Amazing Adventures? Because I do not remember such a story in the past.

neatoman
03-21-2017, 05:55 AM
Baxter Stockman is looking to become the new major villain on the streets! His first step to world domination? Turn the Mutanimals into robots!!.

So Baxter Stockman is Dr Eggman now?

CyberCubed
03-21-2017, 07:18 AM
Yeah this is all new, so I guess it's coming after the Batman crossover.

myconius
03-21-2017, 08:11 AM
think i'll pass

oldmanwinters
03-21-2017, 08:28 AM
I'm cool with this. Amazon listings typically place the release date way off, so expect it to come out sooner than December.

Chaotix12345
03-21-2017, 08:32 AM
These guys are basically what would happen if IDW and Archie came together for my dream TMNT/Sonic crossover. :lol:

But yeah, looks fun. A bit random since this is apparently the last Nick TMNT book that they're printing (I would've thought a crossover mini-series uniting the Nick and IDW worlds would've been pretty cool and a better way to close the book on them), but I'm always up for stories centered around the Mutanimals.

ChosenOne
03-21-2017, 09:43 AM
Jeeesus. I actually thought for a second that this was a new IDW Mutanimals mini, and wondered if (other than Mondo and Herman, which we already know about) they'd get so messed up by the EPF in the current arc that they'd be reduced to cyborgs. :o Glad to see that's not the case! Oh, and, pass.

CyberCubed
03-21-2017, 10:37 AM
I'm cool with this. Amazon listings typically place the release date way off, so expect it to come out sooner than December.

It's likely a trade of 4 issues, and those issues won't come out till after the Batman crossover ends in 2 months. The trades also usually come out a bit after the last issue they collect, so the December release is likely accurate.

AlZarkovski
03-21-2017, 02:51 PM
This is new three-issue miniseries from writer Caleb Goellner and artist Chad Thomas

Full article:

http://comicsalliance.com/caleb-goellner-chad-thomas-tmnt-amazing-adventures-robotanimals/

Chaotix12345
03-21-2017, 07:46 PM
Neat, Mondo and Muckman are included as well! (Something tells me that either they escape the others' fate or their robotic forms were simply kept off of the cover because symmetry with the Turtles.) We also get to see their base! Definitely gonna check this out. It's great to see a story focused on the Mutanimals, as I feel we don't get enough of them on the show aside from big battles and it definitely looks like it'll live up to the awesomeness potential unlike "Meeting of the Mutanimals" where character interaction was pretty minimal as opposed to just straight action and exposition. Love that cover with everyone high-fiving, too.

ToTheNines
03-21-2017, 08:09 PM
This is new three-issue miniseries from writer Caleb Goellner and artist Chad Thomas

Full article:

http://comicsalliance.com/caleb-goellner-chad-thomas-tmnt-amazing-adventures-robotanimals/

Thanks for sharing bud!

Seems like an odd/random finale for the series, but it's cool that Goellner and Thomas get to have the last say.

DestronMirage22
03-21-2017, 11:00 PM
I'm surprised IDW's even bothering with this series anymore.

funatic
03-23-2017, 12:17 AM
I'm surprised IDW's even bothering with this series anymore.

I would've said the same until the Nick/Batman crossover came out. Really put the wind back in the sails for me. If you haven't read it yet give it a shot. That being said it's different creative team than here, though occasionally Goellner and Thomas pump out some zany original stuff thats a good deal better than the average Nick TMNT comic.

neatoman
03-23-2017, 04:41 AM
So is the robotic Muckman going to look like a pile of scrap metal?

Ninjinister
03-23-2017, 05:04 AM
So is the robotic Muckman going to look like a pile of scrap metal?

Or Muckmech.

neatoman
03-23-2017, 05:15 AM
Or Muckmech.

Tin-Can-Man?

ToTheNines
03-23-2017, 08:41 AM
Did Mondo and Muckman meet the rest of the gang during Annihilation Earth/Earth's Last Stand? I guess this would take place sometime before Mutant Gangland then.