PDA

View Full Version : Discussion On The 3 New Episodes From The DVD (Warning Spoilers)

Vicky82
03-21-2017, 03:22 AM
Warning This Thread Contains Big Spoilers

This thread is for the 3 new episodes that haven't aired on TV but will be out on DVD today in America.

Only discuss the 3 new episodes in this thread please, don't use other threads.

You don't need to use spoiler tags in this thread.

The episodes are

The Forgotten Swordsman
Heart Of Evil
End Times

neatoman
03-21-2017, 04:48 AM
Is the DVD out yet?

ToTheNines
03-21-2017, 04:49 AM
Was gonna wake up early and watch these, but they're not on Amazon or vudu yet.

Redworld96
03-21-2017, 05:15 AM
Amazon says it will be in stock on March 26th https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01N121WLJ/tvshowsondvdcom

ToTheNines
03-21-2017, 05:35 AM
It's not a preorder though, so it looks like they just ran out. All nearby walmarts have it, according to the internet.

biganimefan
03-21-2017, 08:22 AM
I've got the DVD. Watching it now.

nellyp
03-21-2017, 10:05 AM
I am at the Walmart here in Canada with the DVD in my cart and was pleasantly surprised that there are unreleased episodes on disc 2.

biganimefan
03-21-2017, 11:46 AM
Fishface was alive after all. Rahzar WAS dead, but he's not anymore

Vicky82
03-21-2017, 11:54 AM

Is that from the Forgotten Swordsman episode

I'm surprised that Rahzar was dead.

Redworld96
03-21-2017, 11:57 AM

So Rahzar died in Requiem after all :lol: I can't wait to know more about these episodes

biganimefan
03-21-2017, 12:00 PM
Yeah, Rahzar's revival is from Forgotten Swordsman.

Wow...THIS Tatsu is a badass...AND blind.

cartooncrazy4
03-21-2017, 12:01 PM
I'm just curious to see why Donnie has a grudge against the don

Vicky82
03-21-2017, 12:03 PM

Wait Tatsu, I thought Nick/viacom didn't have rights to use him

biganimefan
03-21-2017, 12:06 PM
no idea, but he was used in the episode. Looks like he's already been killed off though.

I'm actually watching these episodes right now.

Vicky82
03-21-2017, 12:08 PM
This must be a dark episode if he got killed off.

biganimefan
03-21-2017, 12:10 PM
A bit yeah...his life force was basically absorbed by the dragon.

neatoman
03-21-2017, 12:33 PM
Is that from the Forgotten Swordsman episode

I'm surprised that Rahzar was dead.

Hell really does have a revolving door, doesn't it?
qkE1WDGup_s

biganimefan
03-21-2017, 12:42 PM
Shredder is back from the dead. But definitely undead. He's so...uh, you'll see

Redworld96
03-21-2017, 12:46 PM

It's him, isn't it? Anyway, some fans are going to be angry or dissapointed
https://i.imgur.com/vJcJjcc.png

biganimefan
03-21-2017, 12:47 PM
Wow...can I just say, I've always enjoyed this series, but third time seems like it could well be "the charm". FW had Red Sky, 4Kids had Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers, both had some great parts to it, but Tales seem to blow them out of the water easily!

matteso586
03-21-2017, 12:49 PM

Tatsu... is that the name of the old rival mentioned in The Forgotten Swordsman's synopsis?

I'm just curious to see why Donnie has a grudge against the don.

Obviously because of the whole dissection thing back in Mutant Gangland. Mondo Gecko was there.

biganimefan
03-21-2017, 12:56 PM
The synopsis was a bit misleading, he was a sensei of her's. And Shredder's gone, along with the dragon.

biganimefan
03-21-2017, 01:03 PM
Oh, and the first arc has definitely been closed.

Redworld96
03-21-2017, 01:06 PM
What The Heart of Evil and End Times are about?

neatoman
03-21-2017, 01:11 PM
The synopsis was a bit misleading, he was a sensei of her's. And Shredder's gone, along with the dragon.

And by "The Dragon", do you mean Hothead?

biganimefan
03-21-2017, 01:13 PM
yes, "Hothead" as Mikey calls him

neatoman
03-21-2017, 01:16 PM
yes, "Hothead" as Mikey calls him

And by gone, do you men gone as in dead or gone as in went off somewhere until later?

Vicky82
03-21-2017, 01:16 PM
So how does Kavaxas bring Shredder and Rahzar back to life, does he do it by clicking his fingers or uses a sacrifice.

Speedy Cerviche
03-21-2017, 01:19 PM
I bought the dvd last night at Walmart. While I was disappointed that it didn't come with the digital copy of the episodes this time for Vudu, I think its because the dvd comes with 3 yet unaired episodes. I was worried the demo-dragon arc was going to be a 5 parter, but it was concluded by the end of the dvd thankfully.

biganimefan
03-21-2017, 01:30 PM
Shredder was still basically dead, but yeah, he's been sent back to hell, or the underworld, or whatever. He's not coming back(hopefully, never know with Nick).

Shredder and Rahzar weren't brought back with either method, it was basically just an incantation over their bodies.

biganimefan
03-21-2017, 01:34 PM
Just in case anybody cares, the Sylvester Stallone clone is dead, along with other gangsters.

Vicky82
03-21-2017, 01:38 PM
Just in case anybody cares, the Sylvester Stallone clone is dead, along with other gangsters.

So they killing characters off now as it the final season :lol: I wonder who's next.

Any near deaths happen.

Speedy Cerviche
03-21-2017, 01:38 PM
I think Rahzar died again too. It shows him falling into a chasm and it never shows him climbing back out. Tigerclaw said he wasn't sure if Kavaxas truly revived Shredder or if he was just using him as his puppet now. At the end Leatherhead says Tigerclaw's called a truce with the TMNT.

Vicky82
03-21-2017, 01:40 PM
I think Rahzar died again too. It shows him falling into a chasm and it never shows him climbing back out. Tigerclaw said he wasn't sure if Kavaxas truly revived Shredder or if he was just using him as his puppet now. At the end Leatherhead says Tigerclaw's called a truce with the TMNT.

So the Mutanimals do appear, I wondered if they were going to appear this season.

Tiger Claw with the Mutanimals in Mikeys imagination in season 4 was foreshadowing then.

biganimefan
03-21-2017, 01:40 PM
Mikey was actually hurt pretty badly. Not "near death" though. Donnie very nearly killed Vizioso in cold blood

Vicky82
03-21-2017, 01:42 PM
Mikey was actually hurt pretty badly. Not "near death" though. Donnie very nearly killed Vizioso in cold blood

OMG OMG OMG really, which episode does he get badly hurt.

Speedy Cerviche
03-21-2017, 01:42 PM
So the Mutanimals do appear, I wondered if they were going to appear this season.

Tiger Claw with the Mutanimals in Mikeys imagination in season 4 was foreshadowing then.

I think only Leatherhead appears.

biganimefan
03-21-2017, 01:43 PM
in Heart of Evil

Speedy Cerviche
03-21-2017, 01:45 PM
Ho Chan makes a reappearance as well. This last 4 episode arc seems the darkest the show has gone yet.

Redworld96
03-21-2017, 01:46 PM

WOW Don :o:o

Speedy Cerviche
03-21-2017, 01:49 PM
And by gone, do you men gone as in dead or gone as in went off somewhere until later?

Kavaxas gets forced back to the underworld and Shredder goes with him.

Vicky82
03-21-2017, 01:52 PM
in Heart of Evil

How does Mikey get hurt?

MikeandRaph87
03-21-2017, 01:57 PM
Don't discount TMNT(1987)'s season 8!

When in 'Requiem' did Chris Bradford die? The only one I thought we saw any resolution to was Baxter's demutation.

neatoman
03-21-2017, 01:59 PM
Kavaxas gets forced back to the underworld and Shredder goes with him.

So more like the second one then? Gone for now but not really dead.

biganimefan
03-21-2017, 01:59 PM
How does Mikey get hurt?

He fell off the top of a speeding train and had little to no control with his landing.

Leatherhead dragged Rahzar into the water in the battle in Requiem. He died down there.

Speedy Cerviche
03-21-2017, 02:02 PM
So more like the second one then? Gone for now but not really dead.

I don't think they're going to bring them back though. Shredder says, "We don't belong in this world, demon!" and then they fall into the portal.

MikeandRaph87
03-21-2017, 02:04 PM
He fell off the top of a speeding train and had little to no control with his landing.

Leatherhead dragged Rahzar into the water in the battle in Requiem. He died down there.

So Leatherhead drowned Bradford?

The Fifth Turtle
03-21-2017, 02:04 PM
Are there any releases of this DVD with a Donatello keychain ?

Vicky82
03-21-2017, 02:05 PM

:o

Poor Mikey

Speedy Cerviche
03-21-2017, 02:13 PM

The one I bought from Walmart didn't come with any keychains unlike the previous dvd releases.

TLP
03-21-2017, 02:27 PM
Did Vizioso die too?

The Fifth Turtle
03-21-2017, 02:31 PM
The one I bought from Walmart didn't come with any keychains unlike the previous dvd releases.

I've been to Target, Meijer and Walmart. None of them included a key chain...wtf.

ToTheNines
03-21-2017, 05:09 PM
Just finished. Can't believe how much awesome they squeezed into these episodes. Everything was on point. And the body count was outrageous lol.

They're getting away with so much, I can't believe it. Vizoso even busted out a slur.

God damn shame the show is ending. This is looking to be the best season yet!

No Donnie key chain, and no vudu code on my copy...

Fang Wolf
03-21-2017, 05:29 PM
Come Shredder back or not?
This confuses me a bit :ohwell:

Vicky82
03-21-2017, 05:34 PM
Someone on Tumblr is messaging with info and pics from the new episodes but doesn't want me to share them because he got them from someone on Instagram. Strange :ohwell:

Shinigami and Casey are hurt in The Forgotten Swordsman
Karai hugs Spirit Splinter

ToTheNines
03-21-2017, 05:44 PM
Yeah, the whole thing with Splinter was pretty emotional, and I loved how the arc ended with them all just admiring the sunset together. Well done.

I thought that Karai was gonna get the final blow on Undead Shredder when she stabbed him and threw him into the abyss. But he climbed back up and dragged Kavaxas to hell with him.

oldmanwinters
03-21-2017, 05:46 PM
Can anyone confirm whether any dvds come with special bonus features?

The last two releases sold at Wal-Mart came with a VUDU digital redemption code and a TMNT backpack tag. But the Wal-Mart I visited today didn't have any specially marked copies.

Vicky82
03-21-2017, 05:51 PM
I know Mikey is injured in Heart of Evil but any more info on it, how he falls off the train, everyone's reactions and where does it happen in the episode (near the beginning, Middle or end) ect.

oldmanwinters
03-21-2017, 06:05 PM
I've been to Target, Meijer and Walmart. None of them included a key chain...wtf.

No Donnie key chain, and no vudu code on my copy...

Ah, drat. So maybe I"ll just buy it from the retailer who has the cheapest price.

ToTheNines
03-21-2017, 06:11 PM
I know Mikey is injured in Heart of Evil but any more info on it, how he falls off the train, everyone's reactions and where does it happen in the episode (near the beginning, Middle or end) ect.

Towards the end. He let's go to get away from TigerClaw and hits the street hard. He was banged up pretty bad, but he played it off with a joke.

Vicky82
03-21-2017, 06:14 PM
Towards the end. He let's go to get away from TigerClaw and hits the street hard. He was banged up pretty bad, but he played it off with a joke.

Awwww poor Mikey :(

Ninjinister
03-21-2017, 06:23 PM
Who voices Tatsu?

matteso586
03-21-2017, 06:36 PM
Does The Forgotten Swordsman have any flashbacks showing how Karai knew Shinigami?

MikeandRaph87
03-21-2017, 06:39 PM
I am shocked they let Razhar die. Something simikar happened with Hun in Exodus part 2 in the 2003 cartoon. Leatherhead took him out with a tackle down a bottomless pit. I can assume that he came back undead like Shredder did?

Tiger Claw, a mutanimal as a result of this experience? :teek:

Fishface is alive and well still mutated. What about Bebop and Rocksteady?

Dust
03-21-2017, 06:43 PM
I am shocked they let Razhar die. Something simikar happened with Hun in Exodus part 2 in the 2003 cartoon. Leatherhead took him out with a tackle down a bottomless pit. I can assume that he came back undead like Shredder did?

Tiger Claw, a mutanimal as a result of this experience? :teek:

Fishface is alive and well still mutated. What about Bebop and Rocksteady?

I assume Rahzar looks the same, he is pretty undead looking anyway.

Bebop and Rocksteady just had lasers, which I think Rocksteady is safe from anyway. They didn't die.

MikeandRaph87
03-21-2017, 06:56 PM
I am disappointed. Of all of them I was hoping Bradford got demutated. He was a major force early on, but apparently got pushed aside when Tiger Claw took his place and toy sales suggested he got double mutated. I don't like it, but that makes four individuals the show killed off. It has guts, I will give creative that.

victory_angel
03-21-2017, 07:49 PM
Does The Forgotten Swordsman have any flashbacks showing how Karai knew Shinigami?

Unfortunately no:-? Though both Shini and Casey are hurt bad enough to need hospital care

Jester
03-21-2017, 08:24 PM
Who voices Tatsu?

Michael Hagiwara (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0353718/)

Ninjinister
03-21-2017, 08:29 PM
Michael Hagiwara (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0353718/)

Mahalo....

victory_angel
03-21-2017, 08:39 PM
I found Donnie's resolve to fight his desire for vengeance against Vizioso intriguing. There is also a vague issue 44 reference.

ToTheNines
03-21-2017, 08:43 PM
There is also a vague issue 44 reference.

I missed it. What was it?

cartooncrazy4
03-21-2017, 08:57 PM
I found Donnie's resolve to fight his desire for vengeance against Vizioso intriguing.

What was his resolve?

Ashwolf
03-21-2017, 09:07 PM
from everything being said, i sooo wish the episodes were online already :tsad:

DestronMirage22
03-21-2017, 09:25 PM

It's him, isn't it? Anyway, some fans are going to be angry or dissapointed
https://i.imgur.com/vJcJjcc.png

Uggh...this show. :tgrumble: :trolleye:

ToTheNines
03-21-2017, 09:39 PM
For those interested in this kind of stuff...

The Forgotten Swordsman written by Peter DiCicco, directed by Alan Wan.

Heart of Darkness written by Gavin Hignight, directed by Rie Koga.

End Times written by Brandon Auman, directed by Sebastian Montes.

victory_angel
03-21-2017, 09:39 PM
I missed it. What was it?

As I said it's a vague reference.

There was the moment where Stalone guy causes Donnie to hit his head on Vizioso's table. He's not knocked unconcious, but he is somewhat disoriented after it happens. Stalone guy is then shown with a heavy looking brass hammer hanging around his neck. He takes it off and says "Yo boss, want me to take out the trash?" Donnie regains himself enough to realize what is about to happen, but he doesn't have enough time to do anything about it. Stalone guy is about to bring his hammer down on Donnie but Leo see's it and yells "Donnie, look out" before tossing a couple shuriken that cause a chandelier to land on top of Stalone guy.

In issue 44 Donnie is held down by Bebop and had his shell Smashed in with a hammer that was wielded by Rocksteady.

What was his resolve?

Donnie has a point where he's about to kill Vizioso. Leo see's what his brother is about to do and yells "Donnie, don't lose sight of who you are!" At that moment Donnie catches sight of his reflection in the blade of his naginata and what he sees is a crazed and manic look on his face that resembles something akin to the Shredder. And that scares him into realizing that if he takes Vizioso's life, he would be destroying himself as well as everything he stands for and holds dear.

In other words, it would make him no different then the Shredder.

Redworld96
03-22-2017, 12:47 AM
And all that hate from Donnie to the Don just because of what happened in Mutant Gangland? Or something more happen?

victory_angel
03-22-2017, 01:04 AM
And all that hate from Donnie to the Don just because of what happened in Mutant Gangland? Or something more happen?

Pretty much. Don feels he owes Vizioso for nearly vivesecting him and Leo was telling him that they can't afford to be distracted because there is more at stake. It's almost a revisit to Alien Agenda when Karai was telling Shedder that she had seen the turtles fighting the Kraang and that there could be more that is going on then they realize only for the Shredder to say anything that isn't finding Hamato Yoshi and his Sons was a distraction.

shredder orokusaki
03-22-2017, 02:38 AM
HAHHAHAH i IAM BACK!! I TOLD YOU THAT I WILL BE BACK SOON!! NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES THE TURTLES TRYING TO DESTROY ME THEY CAN NEVER REALY DESTROY ME!! MUHAHAHA I TOLD YOU THAT I WILL BE BACK AS A ZOMBIE OR A GHOST BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME!!!

Dust
03-22-2017, 02:45 AM
HAHHAHAH i IAM BACK!! I TOLD YOU THAT I WILL BE BACK SOON!! NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES THE TURTLES TRYING TO DESTROY ME THEY CAN NEVER REALY DESTROY ME!! MUHAHAHA I TOLD YOU THAT I WILL BE BACK AS A ZOMBIE OR A GHOST BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME!!!

Well you're undead and back in Hell now. Bye.

Redworld96
03-22-2017, 03:07 AM

Dude I watched the episodes and basically Shredder did this in this arc:
https://media.giphy.com/media/11gC4odpiRKuha/giphy.gif

Haalix
03-22-2017, 03:22 AM
Dude I watched the episodes and basically Shredder did this in this arc:
https://media.giphy.com/media/11gC4odpiRKuha/giphy.gif

Where did you watch them?

Ninjinister
03-22-2017, 05:01 AM
Where did you watch them?

You know this topic is about a DVD, right?

Vicky82
03-22-2017, 05:08 AM
Just watched Forgotten Swordsman and Heart of Evil

:o

Brilliant fight scenes in the Forgotten Swordsman.

Poor Mikey, he gets injured in both episodes

ToTheNines
03-22-2017, 05:13 AM

Haha, never thought I'd say it, but I actually missed this guy.

Vicky82
03-22-2017, 06:04 AM
Holy **** End Times was awesome :D:o

Mikey was ****ing amazing
Splinters Spirit appeared and helped defeat Ho Chan
Ghostbusters reference
I got teary eyed in that final scene with Splinters spirit and hugging Karai and saying goodbye.

Mikey "I really did meet Megan Fox on that rooftop" :lol:

So Rahzar is gone, Undead Shredder is gone, Kavaxas is gone
Fishface seems to gone back to his normal life as a theaf might or might not see him again
Rocksteady and Bebop seemed to have run off someone so it's possible we will see them again
Tiger Claw has made a truce with the Turtles and could be a possibility of joining the Mutanimals, so it could be possible we see him again.

Haalix
03-22-2017, 06:48 AM
You know this topic is about a DVD, right?

I know. I just thought that the DVD was only available in America, and Red is from Spain so I thought that maybe someone put it online.

DestronMirage22
03-22-2017, 09:40 AM

Wow, can't believe you were actually gone from this place during that entire time. Talk about commitment to a part.

shredder orokusaki
03-22-2017, 10:29 AM
Cant believe it? It was only a matter of time until my return. The turtles cant and will never defeat me. I will always coming back as zombie, demon, alien human, e.t.c !!!

Dust
03-22-2017, 10:56 AM
Cant believe it? It was only a matter of time until my return. The turtles cant and will never defeat me. I will always coming back as zombie, demon, alien human, e.t.c !!!

Except you're still dead. You go back to Hell. You lose again.

matteso586
03-22-2017, 12:38 PM
Holy **** End Times was awesome :D:o

Splinters Spirit appeared and helped defeat Ho Chan

Shredder, Rahzar, Ho Chan, who else did Kavaxas resurrect/recruit?

Vicky82
03-22-2017, 12:43 PM
Shredder, Rahzar, Ho Chan, who else did Kavaxas resurrect/recruit?

He only resurrected Shredder (undead) and Rahzar.

Ho Chan, Tatsu, Splinter were spirits. Kavaxas opened up the spirit realm or whatever it's called and they came out of it. (actually Splinter didn't come out of it, he just appeared).

AquaParade
03-22-2017, 12:57 PM
What are these? Unaired season 4 episodes that were inexplicably unaired?

I'm interested if these are somehow the best episodes in the series, but recent episodes haven't pulled me in much.

Dust
03-22-2017, 01:11 PM

I'm interested if these are somehow the best episodes in the series, but recent episodes haven't pulled me in much.

Season 5 episodes packaged into a season 4 box set

Jester
03-22-2017, 01:17 PM

Season 5 episodes packaged into a season 4 box set
Yep...
https://ll-us-i5.wal.co/asr/0d4576a6-88a1-44a3-ac45-c81eea66d342_1.9be257a5b75ea79885d49c7ab2eed538.jp eg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

neatoman
03-22-2017, 01:43 PM
Alright so I'm about halfway through the first of these leaked episodes.

First off, I knew Kavaxas would primarily be called Hothead, no surprise there. Secondly, Hattori Tatsu? Like a combination of Tatsu from the movies and the Hattori Gosei from Mirage?

https://tortueman.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/gosei-hattori-mirage-comics-2.jpg

Ashwolf
03-22-2017, 02:22 PM
just got done watching those episodes and dang, they were awesome!! even though kavaxas was predictable in how he was gonna trick tigerclaw, it was still fitting for that type of character

also like how tigerclaw called that truce but i honestly dont see him joining the mutanimals, that feels more like something alopex would do

MikeandRaph87
03-22-2017, 02:34 PM
Picked it up this afternoon.It was cool seeing him again but Tatsu didn't last.:ohwell:

They are calling Kvaxas 'Hothead' more than the his actual name.:trazz:

Slyvester Stallone! That was an awesome easter egg.

What episode did Viziozo 'try to slicevand dice' Donatello? I dont have inimate knowledge of this series like I do others.

Autbot_Benz
03-22-2017, 02:38 PM
Glad someone uploaded the 3 episodes online was able to clear 3 sunday's worth.

Vicky82
03-22-2017, 02:40 PM
Picked it up this afternoon.It was cool seeing him again but Tatsu didn't last.:ohwell:

They are calling Kvaxas 'Hothead' more than the his actual name.:trazz:

Slyvester Stallone! That was an awesome easter egg.

What episode did Viziozo 'try to slicevand dice' Donatello? I dont have inimate knowledge of this series like I do others.

Mutant Gangland

neatoman
03-22-2017, 02:40 PM
Why was Shredder able to betray Hothead in the end?

By the way should we assume they're done with Rahzar and Fishface now? One went to hell and the other decided to return to his old life (despite being a mutant fish). Tiger Claw just decided bury the hatchet off screen, Bebop and Rocksteady ran off, so it's possible they're out as well.

Or will all or most of them just come back anyway?

Autbot_Benz
03-22-2017, 02:44 PM
" I really did meet Megan Fox on that rooftop yo" Mikey

I loved that

Also the turtles have proton packs now

Vicky82
03-22-2017, 02:52 PM
Why was Shredder able to betray Hothead in the end?

By the way should we assume they're done with Rahzar and Fishface now? One went to hell and the other decided to return to his old life (despite being a mutant fish). Tiger Claw just decided bury the hatchet off screen, Bebop and Rocksteady ran off, so it's possible they're out as well.

Or will all or most of them just come back anyway?

Yeah Rahzar has gone to hell.
Shredder and Kavaxas gone to hell
Tatsu dead
The Hammer and other Mafia goons dead.
Might see Fishface again but doubtful
Might see Tiger Claw again
I think we will see Bebop and Rocksteady again, maybe they will be involved in the 2nd crossover.
As Baxter wasn't in these episodes, I doubt we will see him again.
Vizioso and some of his mafia goons gone to jail so doubt we will see them again

So you know it's the last season when they are killing and getting rid off characters :lol:

JH24
03-22-2017, 03:01 PM
Those episodes sound amazing. It really feels they're going all out.

What led Tigerclaw to make a truce with the turtles? Is he still technically an enemy and/or did the turtles accept the truce?

MikeandRaph87
03-22-2017, 03:11 PM
Those episodes sound amazing. It really feels they're going all out.

What led Tigerclaw to make a truce with the turtles? Is he still technically an enemy and/or did the turtles accept the truce?

Leatherhead announced Tiger Claw called a truce then took off. The TMNT were shocked and indicate they accept.

evan2000
03-22-2017, 03:13 PM
Wow! I just watched all 3 episodes back-to-back and they were amazing! Along with Scroll of the Demodragon, these 4 episodes sort of felt like a mini-season by itself; in fact I'd say End Times did have a season finale feel to it!

I'm really glad season 5 is gonna be done in this 7 story arcs format. There will probably be no filler eps at all, all episodes within an arc just flow continuously without interruptions. Hopefully the next 6 stories are delivered in a similar fashion as well.

Mikey really got to shine in these episodes, especially the last one. I don't recall any dumb moment of him either, and I got a pretty good laugh out of the Megan Fox joke (his expression (http://i.imgur.com/vp5J53E.jpg) nailed it for me)

Some parts of these episodes are unbelievably dark for a "kids' show". Both Tatsu and The Hammer (the Stallone lookalike) were killed on-screen and their corpses were shown just lying on the ground with horrible faces... and in the following ep they came back as ghosts along with countless number of skeleton spirits :dead: seems like they just don't care much about on-screen deaths anymore since Splinter and Shredder were also killed on-screen previously.

Speaking of Splinter, his final closure was done really well too. There wasn't really enough time (and proper setting) to do so in Requiem/Owari so it's great that they had a proper closure at the end of this arc, with the final goodbyes and all.

Donnie has a point where he's about to kill Vizioso. Leo see's what his brother is about to do and yells "Donnie, don't lose sight of who you are!" At that moment Donnie catches sight of his reflection in the blade of his naginata and what he sees is a crazed and manic look on his face that resembles something akin to the Shredder. And that scares him into realizing that if he takes Vizioso's life, he would be destroying himself as well as everything he stands for and holds dear.

And we get to witness one of the angriest, scariest-looking Donnie in this particular shot:

http://i.imgur.com/EeocFbV.jpg

Vicky82
03-22-2017, 03:19 PM
The Deaths of Tatsu and the Hammer and there horrible faces, remind me The Ring movies corpses

And we get to witness one of the angriest, scariest-looking Donnie in this particular shot:

He's possessed :lol:

Ninjinister
03-22-2017, 03:24 PM
The Deaths of Tatsu and the Hammer and there horrible faces, remind me The Ring movies corpses

Sounds exciting!

victory_angel
03-22-2017, 04:22 PM

I admit that this episode didn't play out as I thought it would, but I did like the Leo/ Donnie bonding moments.

Though I did find Raph commenting that he thought Donnie acting irrational was an improvement. Raph knows from personal experience that anger and impulsive decisions lead to people particularly loved ones. So while the "You should get ticked off more often." Is a plausible appreciation. Don acting out while they are trying to stop their old enemy from being reserected is not the time to say "wow, I like this Donnie"

If Donnie did carry out his intention on killing Vizioso, the worst thing that would happen is Donnie would be proving they were the monsters Vizioso thought they were. Which may not seem like much, but that leaves the Twins and while Vizioso may himself not be missed as a person. The fulchi twins could make it clear that if these Turtles can kill Vizioso while he is defenseless what's to stop em from killing someone innocent like someone's kids. Make it look like Vizioso was a martyr for a cause

The Turtles won't lose complete trust in Donatello, but he would still have to prove he deserves their trust.

Leo will be greatly disappointed and aside from lecturing Donnie in the Dojo about his priorities he will also demand to know how Donnie intends to prove this occurrence will not be a repeated. And he has every right to bench him from missions until he realizes what danger he has placed upon their family.

April and Mikey will also be disappointed in Donnie and points out that she knows he's better then this.

Raph and Casey maybe Karai may say good riddens about Vizioso but even they can't ignore that Donnie just handed Kavaxas the keys to the Shredders revival

matteso586
03-22-2017, 06:38 PM
He only resurrected Shredder (undead) and Rahzar.

Ho Chan, Tatsu, Splinter were spirits. Kavaxas opened up the spirit realm or whatever it's called and they came out of it. (actually Splinter didn't come out of it, he just appeared).

So in other words, Ho Chan's role felt too small, and James Hong only had a few small lines? ... Wait a minute! I thought Ho Chan is trapped in a dagur, not in the spirit realm.

TMNTmousers
03-22-2017, 09:54 PM
Great bunch of episodes, Hothead was a cool villain and Tatsu. End Times felt like it could have been a 2 parter though. I think we'll see Fishface again "I've been looking forward to this rematch Raphael'' he didn't say in those episodes.

Powder
03-22-2017, 09:59 PM
H
o
l
y

s
h
t

Season 5 is easily the best. Wowwwww. Just WOW.

Wow...can I just say, I've always enjoyed this series, but third time seems like it could well be "the charm". FW had Red Sky, 4Kids had Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers, both had some great parts to it, but Tales seem to blow them out of the water easily!

Just finished. Can't believe how much awesome they squeezed into these episodes. Everything was on point. And the body count was outrageous lol. They're getting away with so much, I can't believe it. Vizoso even busted out a slur. God damn shame the show is ending. This is looking to be the best season yet!

Real talk.

& Tatsu was SO FRIGGIN' COOL.

victory_angel
03-22-2017, 10:16 PM
Shredder's statement about how "We don't belong here, Demon!" and also his mention about feeling like he has been gone for millennia interests me.

In the Shinto apparently when you enter death you become nothing more than a wandering shade

I've looked into Buddhist versions of hell and they are like Dante's inferno on steroids. Even the journey to the underworld is not a pleasant journey.

Just to get to the underworld the departed soul is dragged off on seven-day journey by three ogres. Along the journey the corruption of the mortal world manifests itself in the form of swords that pierce the body.

The souls of the departed are also attacked by birds that peck at their eyes and skin, and also they have to climb a mountain covered in thorns that is supposed to be a manifestation of the greed they had in life.

Then finally they arrive at the Sanzu River, and meet the first of five judges that will determine their placement in the afterlife.

I know anime like Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu Hakusho have the dead character meet Enma Dioh first because after all he is lord of the underworld. However, Enma is actually the fifth judge and there are two other judges after him, but at that point your placement is determined so they are just finalizing your journey.

Before crossing the Sanzu River one must be judged on deaths they have caused. Even bugs and animals (Hunted and harvested) are added to this list

Then they cross the Sanzu (essentially the river Styx) which is another seven day journey. And depending on your judgment you either walk across a bridge, wade through a point of the river that is shallow and fordable, and for the wicked souls...they have to swim through snake filled rapids.

When they reach the other side the deceased soul has it's clothing taken by two Oni that hang them on a tree branch (if the soul doesn't have clothing the oni flay off the souls skin and does the same thing they do with the clothes) and the amount the branches bend under the weight of the clothing determines how much sin a person held in life.

After this the dead soul meets the second judge who judges them on how much they have stolen.

There are other horrifying stuff that happens to the deceased soul as they visit the other judges, but I won't list them here. But some of the things that happen is the soul is forced to swim across a bay of boiling foul smelling liquid. And they have to cross a blasted landscape while being pelted by balls of red hot iron that falls from the sky.

21 days after death a soul encounters the 3rd judge who judges them on their lust.

28 days after death the soul is judges on the weight of the lies they have told in life.

Each of these four judges if they find you wicked enough will send you to hell immediately without further recourse.

Finally 35 days after death, a soul meets Enma Dioh who shows them a large mirror where they see their former life reflected back at them and they see their sins and transgressions clearly laid out. He looks at their previous judgments and determines which of the six realms they are sent to.

42 days after death the soul meets with another judge who decides the location of each soul

49 days after death is the last judge and a souls last chance to avoid hell as he determines the remaining conditions of a souls rebirth.

Splinter's was likely placed in heaven, he is no saint but most of what he has done in life was with good intention. And his parting with his family was peaceful as he has the final chance to tell his family he loves them and he's proud of them. I doubt Splinter will appear to the Turtles again, and if he does it would because there is a need for it.

Shredder I would believe was sent to one of the 16 hells. However, when he is resurrected he does comment he is cold so it's possible he could have been sent to one of the eight great hells.

A person who is sent to hell isn't eternally damned, there are 3-6 opportunities to seek clemency, these opportunities occur

100 days after death
1 year after death
2 years after death
6 years after death
12 years after death
and 32 years after death.

Shredder mentions he's been gone for millennia, but Tiger Claw says he's actually been dead several months. So let's say this is roughly 100 days after death.

Each of the hells has a different life span of punishment. However, time flows differently in each one. For example, in the lightest of the great hells, a soul is trapped there for 500 years. One day there is 50 years on earth. So the place Shredder was sent was likely a place so painful that it makes the one minute feel like an eternity.

I'm not going to list off the different hells because any of them could be where Shredder resides. Though I feel his last act where he says "We do not belong in this world, Demon!" Sounded like an attempt towards some atonement from his punishment. Since Tiger Claw did wonder if Shredder was brought back at all, or was merely just a puppet for Kavaxas. But after Kavaxas betrays TC, Shredder says "You were right, he is my master now." Indicating his actions up until that point were not his own.

matteso586
03-23-2017, 12:43 PM
I managed to see the other three episodes on the DVD. So I have some things to say.

1) When Mikey commanded Kavaxas to return everything to normal, does that mean the Foot Cultists are human again?

2) I knew that resurrected Rahzar being more aggressive is a bad sign of what's to come. And I mean some changes in personality as a side effect of resurrection.

3) Maybe End Times would be a bit better if it has silent cameos of ghost versions of Kraang Prime, Rat King, Mozar, Dregg, and perhaps Zog.

4) Shredder's resurrection reminds me of Tengu Shredder from the 2003 series.

5) Wasn't Ho Chan supposed to be trapped in a dagger? Unless said dagger was also a portal out of the spirit realm for that sorcerer.

FredWolfLeonardo
03-23-2017, 12:53 PM
Does anyone else think its possible Razhar possibly survived and climbed back up after falling into the abyss? It would be interesting to see more of him since he's now enemies with Tiger Claw.

kelligrafie
03-23-2017, 01:22 PM
Does anyone else think its possible Razhar possibly survived and climbed back up after falling into the abyss? It would be interesting to see more of him since he's now enemies with Tiger Claw.

Well they've never been bosom buddies anyway. At one point Rahzar/Chris Bradford was Shredder's right hand man and he's had to watch that role being passed to Karai and Tiger Claw, neither of which were above using their position to treat him like a lesser person.

I don't know if he would deliberately seek TC out for a fight though, he's always seemed quite intimidated when they're together. The power balance isn't exactly 50/50 is it?

Tarris Vaal
03-23-2017, 01:42 PM
Quoted from Matteso586
1) When Mikey commanded Kavaxas to return everything to normal, does that mean the Foot Cultists are human again?

2) I knew that resurrected Rahzar being more aggressive is a bad sign of what's to come. And I mean some changes in personality as a side effect of resurrection.

3) Maybe End Times would be a bit better if it has silent cameos of ghost versions of Kraang Prime, Rat King, Mozar, Dregg, and perhaps Zog.

4) Shredder's resurrection reminds me of Tengu Shredder from the 2003 series.

5) Wasn't Ho Chan supposed to be trapped in a dagger? Unless said dagger was also a portal out of the spirit realm for that sorcerer.

I really have to agree. Don't get me wrong, I really like the direction these episodes are going in - with much more dramatic and slightly darker material, but with episode 3 especially I just found it very frustrating for having some really odd plot holes.

As Matteso pointed out - what about the Foot cultists? They confirm they're humans forcibly mutated but don't seem to do anything about them (worse, they allow a truce that could potentially see them continue to 'recruit'). Seems a little uncomfortably open ended there...

And Matteso's 2nd point especially stands out - I really HOPE that there is some kind of end game plan here with implications for Don and his resurrection by April - because otherwise his sudden intense desire for revenge seems frankly.... out of character. I'd understand that kind of reaction from Raph to a degree, but for Don to get to that stage doesn't make sense to me in the context. If Visiozo had been the one who had injured Mikey that badly, or if he'd directly threatened April I could understand it better, but as it was.... there just didn't seem enough justification for his murderous rage.

Plus - did Don actually break someones neck on screen? Was I the only one to notice that as he infiltrates Visiozo's safe house?

If there is some kind of 'end plan' for a corrupted Don of some description, it might also explain why Don has been unusually less protective of April in the recent episodes (notably when Kavaxas threatens to eat her).

And I really dont know what Ho Chan was doing there except as a 'remember me!' cameo.

Edit:

This sounds a lot like I'm grumbling and didn't like the episodes. That isn't true - The animation is superb, the action has been largely excellent, there's been good humour, good lines and good character moments. Its just those points above really bugged me ;)

FredWolfLeonardo
03-23-2017, 02:12 PM
Ok time to give my full thoughts on all 3 episodes, this is gonna be long:

1. Firstly, it felt so good to be able to watch all 4 episodes of season 5s 1st arc back to back like a movie, especially since I already watched the season 4 finale back in December when it aired in Korea so this was definetly a big treat.

2. Kavaxas was just an awesome villain. Great design, backstory and who could forget that voice?

3. I was confused as to the origin of the cult members at first but I'm glad they gave them a creative backstory that involved the events of the season 4 finale. Also, kudos to the writers for giving the homeless man a major plot point.

4. I never expected Tatsu from the original movie would ever appear in another version but I was wrong. Even though he appeared and died in the same episode, I would be lying if I said he didn't leave a mark. He was pretty intimidating to be honest.

5. I like how Karai cares about the legacy of the foot even after she's no longer an ally of shredder. It shows that the foot goes beyond just being Shredder's evil clan.

6. I thought Razhar would've survived being submerged somehow but I was wrong. It was funny to see him fear Tatsu and I was pretty shocked when he turned on Tiger Claw even though Shredder was merely the puppet of Kavaxas. I guess Kavaxas had influence of Razhar as well. Unlike Shredder though, who went back to hell, I wish Razhar comes back. It doesn't feel right for Razhar to be dead and Fishface casually going on vacation.

7. The Heart of evil was a fun episode and showed the angry side of Donnie I was always wanted to see. Ever since the OT, I was fascinated with Donnie's distrust towards humanity and his hatred of those who are prejduced against mutants. It was a blast seeing Nick Donnie go through that in his grudge against Don Vizioso.

8. Seeing Kavaxas secret disloyalty to Tiger Claw slowly build up till the point where he betrays him via Zombie Shredder was interesting. Speaking of Zombie Shredder, man he looked horrific and lifeless (zombie after all). Merely a puppet for Kavaxas to rule the world and it seemed being in hell for so long sucked every bit of personality out of him, leaving him as a heartless monster.

9. The end ghostbusters-esque fight was alot of fun. I'm happy they saved it for the end and didnt force it throughout the whole episode. It was cool seeing the ghosts of Tatsu, Splinter and even Ho Chan. Just pure epic everywhere.

10. The ending with Splinter hugging Karai and saying goodbye to everyone was very touching. It felt very natural and appropriate since he died quite abruptly in Requiem. It feels like the perfect closure for him and I doubt his ghost will ever come back but that's all ok, since his wisdom will live on forever and we'll even get to see him in a flashback episode with baby turtles.

11. Also, Tiger Claw called on a truce with the turtles? Id certainly like to see where that goes. Does he reconcile with Alopex, does he betray them? What about Razhar, Fishface, Bebop, Rocksteady and Baxter Stockman? I guess time will tell and we can only speculate till then.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
03-23-2017, 05:09 PM
I agree with everyone's sentiments about this being the best season of NickTurtles yet, possibly the best of any turtle series (possibly). The new format with these "Tales" has allowed for a more cinematic quality, and more exposition and character development. Whereas before it seemed like they would have to cram so much in a less then 30min episode. It also allows the plot not to be stretched over a whole season. If they had still stuck to the same format we probably wouldn't have had the episode "End Times" till the season finale, with several other episodes with one-time plots in-between.

I Think overall having these 4 episodes together makes for a more enjoyable viewing experience. I can't wait to see what the other "Tales" hold!:tgrin:

saintsaucey
03-23-2017, 07:53 PM
I was hoping when tiger claw asked kavaxas to bring back chris bradford he would actually bring back chris bradford and not razar or dog pound.

PApagreg
03-23-2017, 10:41 PM
Heart is evil sort of weirded me out more than anything, I mean sure the Don almost vivisected Donatello but seeing what the series dished out to the turtle you would't think Donnie would hold a grudge against someone who didn't even cut skin(or shell).

ssjup81
03-23-2017, 11:29 PM
Heart is evil sort of weirded me out more than anything, I mean sure the Don almost vivisected Donatello but seeing what the series dished out to the turtle you would't think Donnie would hold a grudge against someone who didn't even cut skin(or shell).I feel that the obvious dislike and attempt to get rid of all "muties" had a bit to do with it. I wonder if we can connect this back to the Aeon thing or maybe it's pent up anger in general over all that's happened.

The fact that Donnie has that type of deep rage is interesting...even if he did kill that one guy. I heard a crack/snap.

victory_angel
03-23-2017, 11:43 PM
All Don Vizioso's goons do aside from protecting him is give him food. So he's either getting his boys from the culinary academy or he's got a couple of executive chefs as prisoner in the kitchen
I'm starting to wonder if it's the latter. If it is I can expect things to go down like this.

Thug: Yo, Lorenzo...Da boss says he wants some Osso Buco right away.

Lorenzo: I cannot do it, I haven't seen mi familia in months.

Thug: Sure you can see your familia if you don't mind 'em getting wacked.

Lorenzo: (Sigh)Osso Buco, right away sir...

CyberCubed
03-24-2017, 05:32 PM
Wow, these episodes were amazing. Almost feels like the series finale of the show right here, and we still have another 16 episodes left!

I'm shocked we got to see the return of Tatsu. Really proves anyone can use him again, since Tatsu is just a common name and having a Foot Soldier by that name isn't using the likeness of the real life actor, even though he looked like him anyway. I also loved that we got closure for the mob and Don Vizioso, I always love gangsters in TMNT. Seeing Ho-chan again was nice too.

This ep wrapped things up way better than the Season 4 finale did. Shredder's henchmen are now officially disbanded. Everyone is off on their own now. The human Foot soldiers are also likely back under the control of Karai and Shinigami again too.

Hot damn. We'll likely see Bebop/Rocksteady again in the 80's crossover, and we know Alopex will be in a Season 5 so we'll likely see Tiger Claw again in that one too. I wonder if Fishface is done for the rest of the series, would like to see him demutated at least.

Also the final scene with Splinter giving a proper goodbye to everyone was fantastic. Much better that everyone got to say a finale farewell including Karai.

Powder
03-24-2017, 06:09 PM
Word, well said. They bodied it.

snake
03-24-2017, 06:17 PM
Oh man. These were great. Seriously the best episodes of the entire show. A total step up from everything before, and it was so, so worth it.

It's gonna be a long wait for the next arc.

Ninturtle
03-24-2017, 06:56 PM
I love how Undead Shredder was just a husk of his old self, was a really interesting character development.

CyberCubed
03-24-2017, 07:14 PM
Felt like a mix of Shredder being revived in Mirage (we saw worms slipping off his feet as an easter egg), in the 2k3 series in Season 5 (especially with the reuniting his helmet with his other body parts, it was the same thing in the Ninja Tribunal season they had to do to revive him), and what's likely to happen with IDW Shredder in a later storyline.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
03-24-2017, 09:14 PM
I think someone mentioned it elsewhere, but the 2D animation has definitely improved, it feels more fluid. In fact the animation on a whole this season is the best it's ever been.

evan2000
03-25-2017, 02:10 AM
I watched the episodes again today and got another laugh out of Fishface complimenting Rahzar:

"Did you uh... put on weight?"

Fishface can be surprisingly funny when you're least expecting it :tlol:

dragonside
03-25-2017, 09:47 AM
the episodes were great.

I thought what they did with Tatsu was really good actually, I thought that since Hun was already in, didn't expect Tatsu to get any love.

The undead shredder, gave me the 2k3 vibes with the "original" shredder. His line, about being there for eons. . . I thought... ohhh snapp is this a different shredder.

ToTheNines
03-25-2017, 10:59 AM
It's gonna be a long wait for the next arc.

This is wishful thinking, but I'm hoping they want to let this show cool off before Rise, and they get these next 16 out ASAP.

Or they could be dicks/fools (very likely), and milk it to the last minute. Then we'd have to wait until ~August 2018 for the series finale.

We'll probably land somewhere in between.

CyberCubed
03-25-2017, 11:33 AM
Do we know what the next episode is after this arc? I think it might be the Turtle tots episode, since that looks like just one standalone episode separate from any arc.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
03-25-2017, 11:55 AM
Do we know what the next episode is after this arc? I think it might be the Turtle tots episode, since that looks like just one standalone episode separate from any arc.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/0a/fa/a7/0afaa7c1b60848474b9f8ce9ec220f9d.jpg

This is a long shot, but this image is from the "trailer" for season 5. It shows Kavaxas in the first frame, and the turtle tots in the next. I wonder if this shows the order of all the "Tales"

matteso586
03-25-2017, 12:38 PM
the episodes were great.

I thought what they did with Tatsu was really good actually, I thought that since Hun was already in, didn't expect Tatsu to get any love.

The undead shredder, gave me the 2k3 vibes with the "original" shredder. His line, about being there for eons. . . I thought... ohhh snapp is this a different shredder.

Felt more like a reminder of the Tengu Shredder.

FredWolfLeonardo
03-25-2017, 12:49 PM
On Wikipedia it used to show the baby turtles episode "lone rat and cub" to be episode 8 but its no longer there. Also, in the trailer, it shows Usagi in the middle when Ciro said he'll appear towards the end so I don't think that image is exact.

I think it will go like this:
1. Kavaxas arc = 4 episodes
2. Monster arc involving Renet and Savanti = 3 episodes
3. Baby turtles = 1 episode
4. Alien arc with Bishop, the Kraang, newtralizer and Mona Lisa (3 episodes)
5. Foot Clan arc involving Alopex, Tiger Claw and possibly covering up some loose ends(3 episodes)
6. Usagi arc = 3 episodes
7.FW/Nick crossover = 3 episodes

That's 7 arcs spread over 20 episodes

CyberCubed
03-25-2017, 01:04 PM
Do the standalone episodes like Turtle Tots count as an arc though? For all we know some of those other arcs will only be 2-3 parters, and we'll have more one-shot episodes.

FredWolfLeonardo
03-25-2017, 01:08 PM
Do the standalone episodes like Turtle Tots count as an arc though? For all we know some of those other arcs will only be 2-3 parters, and we'll have more one-shot episodes.

in the trailer it did count as one of the seven stories. We know for sure that there's a four parter, one standalone, and 3 three parters. That's 14 episodes and five stories/arcs so I'm just presuming the remaining 2 stories (Newtralizer and Alopex) are a part of two 3 parters.

CyberCubed
03-25-2017, 02:31 PM
Let's hope April's mother is one of those last alien-centric stories.

Chaotix12345
03-25-2017, 02:49 PM
I assume the tale with Newtralizer is next just because he's randomly with the others featured in the Kavaxas arc in the current opening.

ToTheNines
03-25-2017, 03:16 PM
There's also Verminator and that Sumo Kama samurai character. But he could be a new Usagi Character I guess.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
03-25-2017, 04:11 PM
So I just watched "The Forgotten Swordsman" again and realized that the video game Mikey is playing, which Leo calls "Super Commando 3", is totally John Carpenter's "The Thing"! :tlol:

BubblyShell22
03-25-2017, 04:42 PM
Just watched these episodes and they were great. This season is definitely shaping up to be the best one yet. I'll have more proper reviews in the appropriate discussion threads when they're created. But all of these episodes were awesome! I thought it was very telling that the guys were sort of undermining Leo's authority and that he felt pressure from that toward the last episode. I don't think Splinter will appear again unless they have need of him or he will appear in memories, but it was good to get that closure and for Karai to see him one last time.

ssjup81
03-25-2017, 04:46 PM
Just watched these episodes and they were great. This season is definitely shaping up to be the best one yet. I'll have more proper reviews in the appropriate discussion threads when they're created. But all of these episodes were awesome! I thought it was very telling that the guys were sort of undermining Leo's authority and that he felt pressure from that toward the last episode. I don't think Splinter will appear again unless they have need of him or he will appear in memories, but it was good to get that closure and for Karai to see him one last time.Yeah, but still kinda sucks he wasn't there as Yoshi.

BubblyShell22
03-25-2017, 05:09 PM
No, it makes sense because he died as Splinter so he would retain that form and not turn human. Had he died as a human, then he would have retained that form in death.

Ninjinister
03-25-2017, 09:14 PM
There's also Verminator and that Sumo Kama samurai character. But he could be a new Usagi Character I guess.

Why does everyone keep calling him Kama?

ToTheNines
03-25-2017, 09:17 PM
Ah, Sumo Kuma. Sorry.

snake
03-25-2017, 09:53 PM
Where did the confirmation of Sumo Kuma come from? Must've missed that. I assume he's a sumo wrestling panda bear.

CyberCubed
03-25-2017, 10:41 PM
He's probably a character in the Usagi arc.

victory_angel
03-25-2017, 11:55 PM
Where did the confirmation of Sumo Kuma come from? Must've missed that. I assume he's a sumo wrestling panda bear.

Kuma mean's bear in general so we can go with Sumo Bear at least.

ToTheNines
03-26-2017, 05:03 AM

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/262679/first-look-at-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-season-5

Enscripture
03-28-2017, 05:48 AM
Ugh! I was hating this show for it's gigalazy rampant constant CGI model recycling, and random stupid storylines/lazy can't-think-of-anything-new parody stuff. But Season 5 has me hooked! I had to buy the DVD with same day shipping and it was totally worth it. Just watched the last 2 episodes. NOW it gets good lol That Ghostbusters thing was lazy too

turtlefan1
03-29-2017, 08:49 PM
got a copy from the Libary and damn it was epic end times truly felt like a series finale for the foot clan story.

am curious about through in forgotten swordsmen razar seem to be considering the idea of joining tatsu's new foot clan yet as it was revealed he was just zombie slave to Kaxavas so was curious if that part of the plan?

CyberCubed
04-11-2017, 05:08 PM
It's kind of interesting all the reviews for the Season 5 eps in this DVD thread were all positive and people claiming how much they loved the episodes, but then you go in the individual review threads and see the usual suspects trashing the show and claiming it's bad writing.

Really puts into perspective the difference between people who actually watch this show and people who are just there to troll and pick apart everything.

ToTheNines
04-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Stop instigating, you little cuck.

CyberCubed
04-11-2017, 05:30 PM
There's a very large difference in opinion on these eps from those who watched it early via the DVD, and those who didn't and waited for it to air, and you can see by reading the thoughts. Now obviously not everyone has to like the episodes, but when you see the same people going on and on about bad writing, things being forgotten, and saying things like "appalling" and "does Ciro watch his own show" it begins to make you wonder.

Aaronardo
04-11-2017, 06:11 PM
Welp, there goes a lot a respect I had for you. If you want to call my fair and honest criticism "picking apart every little thing," you have every right, but you could not be more wrong.

I'm not entirely sure what ridiculous point you're trying to prove, and I'm not certain you do either. I know you're not trolling because you've had just a sensible opinion before, so, what the f*ck, dude? You talk in this thread like people who criticize the show have no real point, and then you turn around and say stupid sh*t with no real argument like this.

Opinions are opinions. People have the right to voice them especially if they have clear, thought-out ones. Don't act like there's a right opinion and a wrong opinion.

DestronMirage22
04-11-2017, 06:22 PM
Welp, there goes a lot a respect I had for you. If you want to call my fair and honest criticism "picking apart every little thing," you have every right, but you could not be more wrong.

I'm not entirely sure what ridiculous point you're trying to prove, and I'm not certain you do either. I know you're not trolling because you've had just a sensible opinion before, so, what the f*ck, dude? You talk in this thread like people who criticize the show have no real point, and then you turn around and say stupid sh*t with no real argument like this.

Opinions are opinions. People have the right to voice them especially if they have clear, thought-out ones. Don't act like there's a right opinion and a wrong opinion.

Wait, you had respect for him in the first place?

Anyways, everything you said is justified and true.

GoldMutant
04-11-2017, 06:24 PM
There's a very large difference in opinion on these eps from those who watched it early via the DVD, and those who didn't and waited for it to air, and you can see by reading the thoughts. Now obviously not everyone has to like the episodes, but when you see the same people going on and on about bad writing, things being forgotten, and saying things like "appalling" and "does Ciro watch his own show" it begins to make you wonder.

Denounce my criticism or anyone else's if you so choose, you just said the most asinine thing yet since I joined, even stupider than nostrils.

Congrats, Cube is now an even bigger parody of himself than before.

MCLeo28
04-11-2017, 06:27 PM

What bad writing? The only profuse criticism received as of late was End Times because there were severe pacing issues that veered away from salient elements that were to be expected within its finale. A sufficient invasion and Shredder's lust for revenge and involvement within the entire episode in general were completely lost even though the viewers themselves are led to believe that all of these elements would be relevant.

Regarding the "appalling" remark that I made is being completely blown out of contest. I wasn't raving over the writing itself being appalling, instead, I was criticizing how Ciro poorly handled the departure of characters that are iconic to Nick's series. They received closure, but how they were handled was appalling especially for characters that were created by Ciro.

CyberCubed
04-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Reasonable criticism is of course fine, but not the type of things I see people like Vegita-san post.

Powder
04-11-2017, 06:48 PM
& he only goes that far because he has a personal vendetta against Ciro.

neatoman
04-12-2017, 02:58 AM
& he only goes that far because he has a personal vendetta against Ciro.

He does? Why?