View Full Version : June 2017 Solicitations

AlZarkovski
03-22-2017, 05:48 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #71

https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage/CatalogImage/STL045633?type=1
https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage/CatalogImage/STL045634?type=1
https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage/CatalogImage/STL045635?type=1
(W) Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (A/CA) Dave Wachter

"Pantheon Family Reunion" Part 1 of 2. You are cordially invited to the centennial reunion of the Pantheon, the immortal family that influences the course of history. The main talking point? The fate of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #11

https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage/CatalogImage/STL045636?type=1
https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage/CatalogImage/STL045637?type=1
https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage/CatalogImage/STL045638?type=1
(W) Rich Douek (A) Aaron Conley (CA) Freddie Williams II

Man Ray and Sally Pride journey to New Jersey to investigate rumors of a mysterious monster... who happens to be new mutant Dreadmon!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Amazing Adventures Robotanimals #1

https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage/CatalogImage/STL045147?type=1
https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage/CatalogImage/STL045148?type=1
https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage/CatalogImage/STL045149?type=1

(W) Caleb Goellner (A/CA) Chad Thomas

Baxter Stockman is looking to become the new major villain on the streets! His first step to world domination? Turn the Mutanimals into robots!!

Full solicitations (including TPB & Hardcovers) here (https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog?pub=IDW%20PUBLISHING).

ProphetofGanja
03-22-2017, 06:11 AM
**** yeah! Glad we'll learn more about the Pantheon and see how they interact with each other

MikeandRaph87
03-22-2017, 06:25 AM
I thought Universe #11 started the story with Karai and the mutants in Japan? Dreadmon,huh? That is unexpected. Considering what is going on in the main title would Universe#11 take place before Bishop's attack on the Mutanimals?

neatoman
03-22-2017, 06:56 AM
So is Dreadmon a hyena this time around?

ProphetofGanja
03-22-2017, 07:00 AM
I thought Universe #11 started the story with Karai and the mutants in Japan? Dreadmon,huh? That is unexpected. Considering what is going on in the main title would Universe#11 take place before Bishop's attack on the Mutanimals?

The Desperate Measures arc will be over by June, so at this point in time in don't see any reason why this story couldn't take place after that. Maybe Hob sends Sally and Ray on a mission to beef up their ranks some more... or maybe something bad happened and now they're on their own :(

Harukuro
03-22-2017, 07:09 AM
I'm glad to see Sally and Ray getting more focus recently; their character have really needed more attention since their introduction. I don't know much about Dreadmon (except that I'm not really a fan of the name :ohwell:) but hopefully he will shed some light on Bishop's implied references to other mutants outside of the ones based in NYC.

And I am also excited to see the Pantheon interacting with each other. I do wonder though, if the Pantheon has been doing this whole "Try to take over the world" business for centuries now, why would the TMNT pose a significant threat to them? Guess I'll just have to read and find out.

old_hob88
03-22-2017, 07:58 AM
Let's not ignore the fact there are three characters in the foreground of the Eastman #71 cover. The left and middle are Jagwar and Manmoth, but who's the right one. Maybe we're getting a third new pantheon member?

MikeandRaph87
03-22-2017, 08:12 AM
Let's not ignore the fact there are three characters in the foreground of the Eastman #71 cover. The left and middle are Jagwar and Manmoth, but who's the right one. Maybe we're getting a third new pantheon member?

I would have thought if the character was a Pantheon member that he or she would have been sitting with others at the table. The three figures are entering the house together. I would not think a Pantheon member would bring Mammoth and Jagwar with him/her.

Panda_Kahn_fan
03-22-2017, 08:19 AM
Mikeandraph87, I think Jagwar and Mammoth are members of the pantheon, too.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-22-2017, 08:41 AM
Woo! Road trip! Dreadmon, eh? That's the last of the OG Archie Mutanimals roster, isn't it?

(And no, Merdude doesn't count. Give me a break. :trolleye: )

spookycookies
03-22-2017, 08:53 AM
And I am also excited to see the Pantheon interacting with each other. I do wonder though, if the Pantheon has been doing this whole "Try to take over the world" business for centuries now, why would the TMNT pose a significant threat to them? Guess I'll just have to read and find out.

I mean the turtles did stop the last 2 guys who wanted to take over the world... I think that might be enough to at least get them on the radar.

ChosenOne
03-22-2017, 09:14 AM
Dreadmon looks like a mutant maned wolf. That's awesome!

DestronMirage22
03-22-2017, 09:34 AM
Finally, the Pantheon are getting actively involved! It was about time! Seems like the Mighty Mutanimals team is about to be completed. Can't wait for it all! :D

ProphetofGanja
03-22-2017, 09:41 AM

Mikeandraph87, I think Jagwar and Mammoth are members of the pantheon, too.

Yes, it seems pretty certain that Jagwar and Manmoth will be Pantheon members, maybe their domains are South and North America, respectively? And then that third guy could be either the snake or squid Pantheon member we've seen hinted at but not been introduced to yet. So that's 8 Pantheon members at the least (because we can't forget poor Chi-You, lost in space!)

Dreadmon looks like a mutant maned wolf. That's awesome!

Yes it is! Very cool character design

Weapons@theready
03-22-2017, 10:04 AM
Am I the only one that though upon first glance without reading, that Dreadmon resembled this guy http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/c/cf/Wlkabut.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131027135017

Utrommaniac
03-22-2017, 11:38 AM
So is Dreadmon a hyena this time around?

Looks more like a coyote.
Which works considering that the Jersey Devil probably is just multiple sightings of mangey coyotes.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-22-2017, 11:44 AM
I wonder where Dreadmon came from? Null? Stockgen?

ProphetofGanja
03-22-2017, 11:47 AM
That's what I'm wondering too. The Null Corporation seems like the most likely candidate, as we've probably seen the full extent of the Foot's mutants that were made by Stockgen, but there's much more to Null than what we've seen so far

Speaking of Stockman, I wonder what he's up to now. Nothing good, I imagine

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-22-2017, 11:56 AM
That's what I'm wondering too. The Null Corporation seems like the most likely candidate, as we've probably seen the full extent of the Foot's mutants that were made by Stockgen, but there's much more to Null than what we've seen so far

Speaking of Stockman, I wonder what he's up to now. Nothing good, I imagine

It would also explain how Ray and Sally would find out about the mutant, and feel obliged to go after him.

ChosenOne
03-22-2017, 11:59 AM
Here's a pic of a maned wolf, which I highly suspect is the animal Dreadmon is supposed to be and would fit not only his general South American theme, but also his incredible speed (canon in Archie, implied by one of the IDW covers):

https://33.media.tumblr.com/312c8396effd21cff6c1ae99bfbcaf53/tumblr_inline_n0qzxx3F1d1qjfe4b.jpg

CyberCubed
03-22-2017, 12:07 PM
Woo! Road trip! Dreadmon, eh? That's the last of the OG Archie Mutanimals roster, isn't it?

(And no, Merdude doesn't count. Give me a break. :trolleye: )

Well Wingnut/Screwloose still haven't got much more than a cameo in IDW, so they're not around yet. And yeah, I did think Merdude would eventually become a Mutanimals member had the Archie Mutanimals comic gone on longer.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-22-2017, 01:03 PM
Well Wingnut/Screwloose still haven't got much more than a cameo in IDW, so they're not around yet. And yeah, I did think Merdude would eventually become a Mutanimals member had the Archie Mutanimals comic gone on longer.

Wait, were Wingnut and Screwloose actually Mutanimals? I don't remember them being killed by Null and BURNING IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!

MikeandRaph87
03-22-2017, 01:24 PM
Wait, were Wingnut and Screwloose actually Mutanimals? I don't remember them being killed by Null and BURNING IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!

Yes, the line up was:Man Ray, Leatherhead, Wingnut, Screwloose, Jagwar, Dreadmon, and Mondo Gecko. Slash and Merdude were allies like the TMNT were to the group. Also, it was the cyborg gang called the Gang of Four that shot the Mutanimals to death. They were hired by Null to assassinate them. In the future timeline they were to be murdered as well only it was by the hands of Malinga herself.

CyberCubed
03-22-2017, 01:35 PM
Wingnut/Screwloose was part of all the Mutanimals story in Archie and died at the end. Slash died too and they all were buried together.

Harukuro
03-22-2017, 01:54 PM
I mean the turtles did stop the last 2 guys who wanted to take over the world... I think that might be enough to at least get them on the radar.

True, but the reason they got that far was because of Tang Shen and Aka (I'm not sure how things went with the Ghostbusters crossover because I didn't read it). So if anything they should be worried about Tang Shen's spirit (?) influencing her family and giving them the strength they need to combat the Pantheon...which makes me wonder even more about what her role is in this series.

old_hob88
03-22-2017, 02:02 PM
It would also explain how Ray and Sally would find out about the mutant, and feel obliged to go after him.

On the full solicits, one of the bullet points is "Null introduces her new enforcers" for Universe 11. Could be referring to the back-up, but more likely that Dreadmon is working for Null and he may have friends

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-22-2017, 02:36 PM
On the full solicits, one of the bullet points is "Null introduces her new enforcers" for Universe 11. Could be referring to the back-up, but more likely that Dreadmon is working for Null and he may have friends

Ah, that makes sense... after all, Null needs more than just one badass scorpion mutant!

Too bad it's not Rahzar, though. :tsad:

old_hob88
03-22-2017, 03:26 PM
Ah, that makes sense... after all, Null needs more than just one badass scorpion mutant!

Too bad it's not Rahzar, though. :tsad:

Yeah, it'd be cool to see Rahzar in IDW, but he and Tokka are very much like Bebop and Rocksteady, and Tokka would be rather redundant.

Allio
03-22-2017, 04:01 PM
"We should do something about our bull-headed fool of a brother!"

"Who?"

"Chiyou"

"Oh yeah...I forget he exists..."

funatic
03-22-2017, 11:36 PM
Am I the only one that though upon first glance without reading, that Dreadmon resembled this guy http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/c/cf/Wlkabut.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131027135017

Nope. You an' me have a g'deye mate!

Or in this case, a bad eye, cuz it's definetely going to be Dreadmon and if I'm wrong I'll take a long Walkabout. His color scheme though... Oi Oi Oi.

EDIT: Crikey! I took another gander comparing the two... that red bandana and the green vest/pants... this is totally intentional. I think there's some character melding and Dreadmon is a dingo in this universe. Fair dinkum!

Ok enough with the poorly used ozzy slang. I hope Tristan isn't reading this.

Utrommaniac
03-23-2017, 12:09 AM
...You know, considering current events, I'm pushing in a chip to say that something isn't exactly going right with the Mutanimals, considering that Sally and Ray are the only two of them on the cover. That is, unless they're the focus of the story while they meet Dreadmon.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-23-2017, 08:34 AM
...You know, considering current events, I'm pushing in a chip to say that something isn't exactly going right with the Mutanimals, considering that Sally and Ray are the only two of them on the cover. That is, unless they're the focus of the story while they meet Dreadmon.

Not everyone can go on a road trip to recruit one mutant. Poor strategy.

Icegaze
03-23-2017, 09:44 AM
Wasn't Dreadmon in Archie originally from South Africa? And I agree with you that him being a mutated maned wolf is cooler than a hyena or dingo.

Utrommaniac
03-23-2017, 09:52 AM
In terms of appearance, he doesn't really look much of anything like a maned Wolf of hyena. I can see how he looks like a dingo, but I'm standing firmly by coyote.

Either way, it's hard to resist a joke about The Pack from Gargyoles in trying to figure out what he is.

ProphetofGanja
03-23-2017, 09:57 AM
Not everyone can go on a road trip to recruit one mutant. Poor strategy.

True. Putting all the eggs in one basket is never smart

In terms of appearance, he doesn't really look much of anything like a maned Wolf of hyena. I can see how he looks like a dingo, but I'm standing firmly by coyote.

Either way, it's hard to resist a joke about The Pack from Gargyoles in trying to figure out what he is.

I can see him as a maned wolf, his face does look rather canine. But based on that a coyote would work too. I don't see hyena being likely, but who knows.

Utrommaniac
03-23-2017, 10:17 AM
He's far too yellow to be a maned wolf - which are of red or brown, nor does he have the characteristic "legwarmers". Then looking at dingos, he gets a little closer, but he's too slender.

While he doesn't have the patchy grays in his coat, he does have the big 'ol ears and slimness of a coyote. And to top it all off, refuting my earlier point, it makes sense considering the setting in New Jersey. Wherein many sightings of coyotes have been mistaken for the Jersey Devil.

ProphetofGanja
03-23-2017, 11:15 AM
He's far too yellow to be a maned wolf - which are of red or brown, nor does he have the characteristic "legwarmers". Then looking at dingos, he gets a little closer, but he's too slender.

While he doesn't have the patchy grays in his coat, he does have the big 'ol ears and slimness of a coyote. And to top it all off, refuting my earlier point, it makes sense considering the setting in New Jersey. Wherein many sightings of coyotes have been mistaken for the Jersey Devil.

I mean that could be the case, but its not like he has to be a species native to the New Jersey area. Lions and Manta Rays sure aren't! :lol:

I'm just curious what kind of twist IDW is putting on Dreadmon's backstory. Same for Jagwarra and Manmoth. I only know any of these characters though from browsing Turtlepedia

CyberCubed
03-23-2017, 11:40 AM
Dreadmon was the least developed Mutanimal in the Archie series. He only got one brief backstory told in flashback but didn't get any major spotlight like all the others. He's an obscure character mostly, no toy or appearance in any other major series till now.

Utrommaniac
03-23-2017, 12:40 PM
I mean that could be the case, but its not like he has to be a species native to the New Jersey area. Lions and Manta Rays sure aren't! :lol:

I did have that in mind, but they at least were brought there.

Most of all, the synopsis says they're going to New Jersey to investigate rumors of a mysterious monster.

ProphetofGanja
03-23-2017, 01:04 PM
I did have that in mind, but they at least were brought there.

Most of all, the synopsis says they're going to New Jersey to investigate rumors of a mysterious monster.

True, but the solicitation also calls him a mutant, and we've only seen a few mutants created by accident so far (Splinter and the Turtles themselves, Hob, and Leatherhead). As far as we know, all the others were purposefully created in some type of lab, counting makeshift set-ups

I know Dreadmon was some type of mysterious wolf-man in his original incarnation but I don't think IDW will go with some type of otherworldly origin for him this go round, since we have several mystical characters debuting soon in other issues

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-23-2017, 01:24 PM
Man Ray and Sally Pride journey to New Jersey to investigate rumors of a mysterious monster… who happens to be new mutant Dreadmon!
FC • 32 pages • $4.99

Bullet points:
• Null introduces her new enforcers!
• Variant cover by Yacine Elghorri!

ProphetofGanja
03-23-2017, 01:50 PM
So it seems like Dreadmon is the character we know we'll be introduced to and then there will be at least one other who'll stay a surprise until the issue comes out

CyberCubed
03-23-2017, 02:29 PM
I still wonder how Null will fit into the grand scheme of things. She's never appeared in the main series yet, only the specials and Universe.

ProphetofGanja
03-23-2017, 02:44 PM
I still wonder how Null will fit into the grand scheme of things. She's never appeared in the main series yet, only the specials and Universe.

We might not find out until after issue #75, since there's an arc devoted to the Pantheon coming up and then the Trial of Krang. Unless she's an extradimensional being herself?

Weapons@theready
03-23-2017, 03:25 PM

Well, you've got Bishop on the hunt for mutants, and you've got Null who it seems is manufacturing them...eventually the $#!7 is going to hit the fan with the two of them I would suspect and lead to a very interesting arc with the Turtles stuck in the middle...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-23-2017, 03:36 PM
Well, you've got Bishop on the hunt for mutants, and you've got Null who it seems is manufacturing them...eventually the $#!7 is going to hit the fan with the two of them I would suspect and lead to a very interesting arc with the Turtles stuck in the middle...

2018, I would hope. :tcool: With Stockman trying to play both sides against each other and come out the winner!

CyberCubed
03-23-2017, 03:58 PM
Well the issues in the 80's are unknown for now, with most of the trial of Krang and Dimension X adventures happening at the same time in the specials and the main series.

I also hope they go back to Bishop launching an attack on Burnow Island and the Utroms, seems weird they scoped that place out if they don't plan on going back to it. Bishop hates aliens as much as he does mutants, so it should be fitting.

After that they can include Null/Bishop/Mutanimals/Baxter war if that's what comes up next. The Pantheon story will likely go all the way to issue 100, so we know that's a slow burning story.

old_hob88
03-23-2017, 07:37 PM
True, but the solicitation also calls him a mutant, and we've only seen a few mutants created by accident so far (Splinter and the Turtles themselves, Hob, and Leatherhead). As far as we know, all the others were purposefully created in some type of lab, counting makeshift set-ups

I know Dreadmon was some type of mysterious wolf-man in his original incarnation but I don't think IDW will go with some type of otherworldly origin for him this go round, since we have several mystical characters debuting soon in other issues

Also Wyrm was created accidentally.

And Null says she's extradimensional in the Mutanimals mini