PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Pizza Toppings

ProphetofGanja
03-22-2017, 08:05 PM
What's yours?

I gotta go with chicken, jalapeņo, and pineapple. Black olive and onion is a close second tho

What about you guys??

Prowler
03-22-2017, 08:07 PM
ham and pineapple I guess. I like my pizzas simple.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-22-2017, 08:14 PM
Pineapple. Paired with anything.

Except anchovies. That's not real food. Fish isn't food unless it's raw and served on little cubes of sticky rice.

MsMarvelDuckie
03-22-2017, 08:25 PM
I'm sure Splinter would approve that sentiment but there's much to be said for baked shark steak or a good old fashioned fish fry. Cod, tuna and salmon would all like a word with you, too....

My fave pizza toppings would be chicken pineapple and mushroom. Pepperoni and olive is great too.

ProphetofGanja
03-22-2017, 08:27 PM
I'm so glad to see the Cult of the Pineapple has taken hold here. Too many of my associates are all grossed out when I suggest it as a topping. Long live pineapple on pizza!

Prowler
03-22-2017, 08:35 PM
I'm so glad to see the Cult of the Pineapple has taken hold here. Too many of my associates are all grossed out when I suggest it as a topping. Long live pineapple on pizza!
Same here. I honestly thought very few people like pineapple on their pizza.

MsMarvelDuckie
03-22-2017, 08:38 PM
The only time I don't like pineapple is when it's under the the sea.....

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-22-2017, 08:44 PM

Pineapple is love; pineapple is life.

CyberCubed
03-22-2017, 09:32 PM
I always just get regular plain/cheese pizza, sometimes the white cheese or the one with broccoli on it.

Never really understood pizza topings myself. If I want to eat chicken, I'll get chicken. If I want to eat pizza, I want to taste the cheese. I have no idea about all these toppings people put on pizza's, but they're not for me.

ProphetofGanja
03-22-2017, 09:52 PM
I always just get regular plain/cheese pizza, sometimes the white cheese or the one with broccoli on it.

broccoli on pizza, what the **** are you talking about??

CyberCubed
03-22-2017, 09:57 PM
broccoli on pizza, what the **** are you talking about??

You serious?

https://thesmartcookiecook.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/dsc_4257.jpg

DestronMirage22
03-22-2017, 10:35 PM
I like: Pepperoni, Sausage, Bacon, Spinich, Pineapple, Spinach (sometimes), and chicken.
Have you guys ever had a Hawaiian type pizza with chicken, Pineapple, and a sweet bbq sauce instead of tomato? That stuff is the bomb, especially on thin crust. :goofygri:

DarkFell
03-22-2017, 10:44 PM
Pineapple (as a pizza topping), is love when it is paired with ham and bacon.

**In fact, pineapple is such love that it could be considered sacrilege if it is left off of our ham that we serve as part of our Christmas dinner.**

Back to pizza - I'm more of a Supreme pizza person ..I WANT IT ALL. Pepperoni pizza, even just plain cheese (or even four cheese pizza), is also good IMO.

I have been curious to try a Philly Cheese pizza for quite some time.

Katie
03-23-2017, 05:12 AM
I like artichoke hearts, chicken, fresh garlic, and tomato.

Second fave is chicken fresh garlic and pineapple

Third is barbeque chicken pizza with barbeque sauce instead of pizza sauce, chicken, red onions, bell peppers, and chedder cheese.

mrmaczaps
03-23-2017, 05:20 AM
Pepperoni, pineapple and hamburg. Thats perfecto!
Or just pepperoni and pineapple.
Or pep, pineapple and bacon!

And then theres breakfast pizza... ham, bacon and sausage. Bacon must be crispy though.

ProphetofGanja
03-23-2017, 07:17 AM
You serious?

This is honestly the first I'm hearing of this. I feel like the pizza would cancel out any health benefits from the broccoli, but I'd be down to give it a try

And I agree with everyone about pizza with barbeque sauce, it is the bomb. So is Philly cheese steak pizza

Ninjinister
03-23-2017, 07:37 AM
Long pig..

The Deadman
03-23-2017, 07:54 AM
Pineapple, onion, sausage, ham

mrmaczaps
03-23-2017, 09:06 AM
You serious?

My sister does a crushed/shredder broccoli crust (mixed with cheese to hold it together)... I think thats broccoli... and the toppings are normal every day pizza toppings. I hate broccoli but I had a slice and it was nice. Lol

Utrommaniac
03-23-2017, 09:25 AM
Spinach alfredo is always my go-to pizza. I've loved it ever since I was little.

Jephael
03-23-2017, 10:19 AM
I've been partial to Papa John's spinach alfredo pizza

CyberCubed
03-23-2017, 11:36 AM
This is honestly the first I'm hearing of this. I feel like the pizza would cancel out any health benefits from the broccoli, but I'd be down to give it a try

Maybe it's where you live, here in New York pizza with broccoli toppings is pretty much available at every pizza place I've ever been to.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ae/53/ca/ae53cab57673986a000733dec0f3180e.jpg

If you notice it's just the white cheese pizza with broccoli on top.

blindturtle02
03-23-2017, 12:10 PM
I like plain cheese, pepperoni with extra cheese, hamburger with extra cheese, and that's about it. I should try pineapple one of these days. The topping sounds as if it'd taste strange mixed with other ingredients, but I might like it.

discordiatookie
03-23-2017, 04:03 PM
Chicken, bacon, pepperoni, pineapple, jalapeņos, cheese, bbq sauce is what I normally go for. But I love pizza, i'll eat what's available...

IndigoErth
03-23-2017, 04:33 PM
Maybe it's where you live, here in New York pizza with broccoli toppings is pretty much available at every pizza place I've ever been to.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ae/53/ca/ae53cab57673986a000733dec0f3180e.jpg

If you notice it's just the white cheese pizza with broccoli on top.
No sauce? Far too dry for me... I prefer it drowning in pizza sauce. Can't say I've had broccoli on it, but I can think of worse things; that one I might be willing to try if it wasn't gross with pizza sauce.

But at least being in NYC the Turtles can get a little salad into their diets... sorta.

billbot85
05-28-2017, 05:44 PM
i like sliced linguica (portuguese sausage) and onions, plain cheese, and pepperoni and extra cheese.

I also like pepperoni, mushrooms, onion and green pepper pizza.

Splinter the boss
05-28-2017, 07:22 PM
Pepperoni, chicken, bacon, sometimes veggie.

BubblyShell22
05-28-2017, 07:54 PM
Cheese, sausage, ham, bacon, and pepperoni are the types I like. No veggies for me thank you.

Netkeeper
05-31-2017, 03:35 PM
Pineapple and sausage. Sometimes bacon. Never pepperoni, I can't stand it.

Krutch
05-31-2017, 04:38 PM
I usually rock a half and half.

Side 1: Pepperoni, Pineapple, Red Onions
Side 2: Pepperoni, Meatballs, Jalapeņos

snake
07-31-2017, 09:50 AM
Gonna revive this because I have a question. Has anyone here tried anchovies on pizza? I'm not planning to and I find them repulsive as f*ck, but I'm curious because the only time people bring them up is when talking about how bad of a topping they are.

Utrommaniac
07-31-2017, 09:51 AM
I haven't dared...but I could dare??? Not sure how to do it without wasting food if I don't like it.

IndigoErth
07-31-2017, 09:54 AM
Not sure how to do it without wasting food if I don't like it.
Maybe make it at home with a good recipe so you only have to make a very very small mini pizza to try it? Then use the rest to make a better one to cleanse the pallet if it's terrible. :):trazz:

I can't even stand pineapple or bell peppers on it, and those are pretty typical, no way in hell am I trying fish. lol

Utrommaniac
07-31-2017, 09:55 AM
Hm...that might work.

ZariusTwo
07-31-2017, 09:59 AM
Chicken strips, meatballs and goats cheese

plastroncafe
07-31-2017, 10:27 AM
The standard: Green Pepper and Pineapple
The Pimento: Red sauce, mozzarella, goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, broccoli

ProphetofGanja
07-31-2017, 11:15 AM
Gonna revive this because I have a question. Has anyone here tried anchovies on pizza? I'm not planning to and I find them repulsive as f*ck, but I'm curious because the only time people bring them up is when talking about how bad of a topping they are.

They're not bad.

If you don't like anchovies on crackers though, you probably won't like it on pizza, but there's a chance you might.

Don't be scared of it just cuz other people don't like

TurtleWA
07-31-2017, 11:52 AM
I always thought I had tried anchovies. But I guess it was sardines and anchovies are different. What I had was sardines from a can with mustard, see photos. Last photo is freaky looking and I didn't have those. :lol:

I think I would try anchovies on pizza if the opportunity presented itself. Currently my favorite toppings are bbq chicken pizza with grilled onions.

MsMarvelDuckie
07-31-2017, 01:15 PM
I had one once- by accident. Somehow a lone anchovie got on our pizza and I ended up with that slice. Salty as f**k! And crunchy. And fishy. Blech. Also had a manager when I worked at Papa Johns who would sometimes prank us. Anchovie juice dribbled on our pizzas. Not cool.

As much as I love regular mushrooms on pizza one of these days I want to try some puffballs on one. I think it might be good.

Utrommaniac
07-31-2017, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure how well they'd stay on?

Mushrooms and puffballs sounds like a FW Michelangelo monstrosity :lol: . But one that's edible.

GoldMutant
07-31-2017, 01:56 PM
I've been a sucker for the classic pepperoni and cheese style. Over the years, other toppings I've enjoyed include black olives, sausage, ham, bacon, and extra cheese.

MsMarvelDuckie
07-31-2017, 03:15 PM
Puffballs ARE mushrooms. The big white ball-shaped ones that grow wild in fields pastures and sometumes on peoples' lawns. Kids sometimes kick them to watch them "explode". They burst open in a "puff" of spores that look like smoke when fully mature but when they are still firm and white inside they are edible and quite tasty! You can chop them into little chunks or slice them like a regular mushie, but the flavor and texture are different. Less chewy, less "earthy", and more delicate. Like a soft bread almost when cooked. I have sauteed them a couple of times with garlic, lemon pepper and butter and they were delish. I would like to try them on a pizza sometime instead of regular mushrooms- or maybe stuffed as a side dish.

FredWolfLeonardo
07-31-2017, 03:24 PM
I love pizza toppings but also just plain old classic cheese pizzas which is my favourite in pizza hut. Infact, my local joint introduced a new variant of classic cheese with garlic and aioli sauce for no extra cost!