PDA

View Full Version : Favorite cat-family mutant?

CyberCubed
03-25-2017, 07:06 PM
So there's a lot of cat family mutants in the various series now. Who do you like the most?

I left out Ice Cream Kitty because he was in the other poll, and he's just a pet.

Utrommaniac
03-25-2017, 07:11 PM
Old Hob, hands down.

Ice Cream Kitty is a girl, by the way.

CyberCubed
03-25-2017, 07:14 PM
Other is for that Season 2 episode April briefly mutated into a cat, or some obscure Archie character like Hallowcat.

It's kind of funny there are so many cat mutants, but when you think the cat family can include both normal cats, tigers, panthers, and jaguar's...well it's obvious why there's so many of them.

FredWolfLeonardo
03-25-2017, 07:21 PM
Tiger Claw by far for me, what an awesome character.

ToTheNines
03-25-2017, 07:47 PM
No Mew option?

IndigoErth
03-25-2017, 08:07 PM
No FW April when she turned into a cat mutant?? lol

Among those I'm actually familiar with, probably Tiger Claw. Old Hob looks like a cool character, but only loosely familiar with him.

Powder
03-25-2017, 08:40 PM
Other, because Ice Cream Kitty counts.

I'm not too big on the others in general, though Eric Bauza puts in an amazing performance as Tigerclaw.

neatoman
03-26-2017, 05:13 AM
Hob.

Tiger Claw seems too much like something from a fan-fic and the others have never left an impression on me. And Ice Cream kitty is just too stupid of a concept.

Jephael
03-26-2017, 05:31 AM
Hey you left out April O' Neil's cat mutation from that season 2 (1988) episode of the Fred Wolf cartoon.

CyberCubed
03-26-2017, 12:19 PM
Tiger Claw seems too much like something from a fan-fic and the others have never left an impression on me. And Ice Cream kitty is just too stupid of a concept.

What do you mean something from a fanfic?

Rooish
03-26-2017, 12:34 PM
You forgot Sally Ride. But I still like Hob a bit better so there's my vote.

neatoman
03-26-2017, 02:01 PM
Hey you left out April O' Neil's cat mutation from that season 2 (1988) episode of the Fred Wolf cartoon.

Gross.

What do you mean something from a fanfic?

He's a wild west style bounty hunter with a jetpack, laser gun, freeze gun, cyborg arm, eye patch, lost tail and is "the most feared mercenary in all of asia". He feels like he was created to draw attention to himself rather than move the plot in a meaningful way.

The show is almost over and only now does he actually do something other than fight on the behalf of others (summon a demon to revive the Shredder which seems like an odd thing for him to do), which might be the last thing he ever does. If you took most of what he does and applied it to Rahzar instead, what would really change?

CyberCubed
03-26-2017, 02:14 PM
He's Shredder's right hand man. He has the same role Hun or Tatsu did in previous series.

pferreira
03-30-2017, 11:07 AM
I voted 'other' as I liked the episode where April mutates into a cat.

TigerClaw
03-30-2017, 11:37 AM
I like Old Hob, Jagwar, TigerClaw and Verminator-X, But i noticed Katmandu and Sally Pride is missing from the list.

So many Cat Mutants, but of different varieties, We got a regular Cat, Jaguar, Tiger, Manx, and Lioness.

It's very difficult to choose one, But had to go with TigerClaw, Whose pretty much a bad ass, And not because Its my name.

oldmanwinters
03-30-2017, 12:41 PM
I vote Scratch, based upon his design, the humor of him being a "cat burglar," and the fact that's he's largely a blank slate at this point and could be potentially written any number of ways. Hope we get to see him in official media one day. If we ever got a revamp of the Fred Wolf toon's style, I think he'd be an ideal choice to shoehorn into continuity.

Andrew NDB
03-30-2017, 12:45 PM
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/d/d8/3466949605_8d9f268dae_o.jpg

Hallocat ftw.

CyberCubed
03-30-2017, 12:46 PM
I vote Scratch, based upon his design, the humor of him being a "cat burglar," and the fact that's he's largely a blank slate at this point and could be potentially written any number of ways. Hope we get to see him in official media one day. If we ever got a revamp of the Fred Wolf toon's style, I think he'd be an ideal choice to shoehorn into continuity.

It's kind of odd a cat mutant being a natural enemy for Splinter was not even thought of until Old Hob was created and tied into their origin. The concept of a cat preying on a rat is so obvious it's odd it never happened till now.

As said, all previous cat mutants like Tiger Claw, Verminator-X, etc. never had anything to do with Splinter.

oldmanwinters
03-30-2017, 12:47 PM
Lest we forget this likewise under-represented cat from the far-corners of the TMNT multiverse:
ecUFYixCjdg

Hmm... between the Catwoman from Channel Six, Hallowcat, Katmandu, and all these other feline characters coming to mind, I might be tempted to change my vote to "Other."

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-30-2017, 12:49 PM
It's kind of odd a cat mutant being a natural enemy for Splinter was not even thought of until Old Hob was created and tied into their origin. The concept of a cat preying on a rat is so obvious it's odd it never happened till now.

I know, right? Everything about Hob (the TMNT "Magneto" and the predatory cat mutant) are all so obvious in retrospect. :tgrin:

CyberCubed
03-30-2017, 12:50 PM
Every series has one new breakout character that seemed like it should have always been in the mythos. For IDW, Old Hob is that character.

Alopex was never anything more than an expy of Ninjara.

oldmanwinters
03-30-2017, 12:54 PM

As said, all previous cat mutants like Tiger Claw, Verminator-X, etc. never had anything to do with Splinter.

Heh, I went to town with that theme in the one fan comic I finished:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=35270

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
03-30-2017, 12:55 PM
Every series has one new breakout character that seemed like it should have always been in the mythos. For IDW, Old Hob is that character.

Alopex was never anything more than an expy of Ninjara.

You'll get no argument from me re: Alopex.

For 4Kids, the breakout character was obviously Bishop... but who would you label as the foremost breakout character from Nick?

oldmanwinters
03-30-2017, 12:58 PM

For 4Kids, the breakout character was obviously Bishop... but who would you label as the foremost breakout character from Nick?

Appropriately enough, Ice Cream Kitty.

TigerClaw
03-30-2017, 12:59 PM

TigerClaw, He's Shredder's right hand man, and has quite an origin story that involved his sister Alopex, Who was the main reason he lost his tail.

CyberCubed
03-30-2017, 12:59 PM

Tiger Claw, I guess. He's been in the most amount of episodes of any of the "new" characters and he's Shredder's second in command. Overall though he basically fills out the exact same role as Tatsu or Hun in any previous series.

Archie basically invented the concept of the Mutanimals as a team, Ninjara, and was also the debut or best incarnations of several other popular characters like Slash, Armaggon, Null, Malinga, etc.

IDW seems to basically mix everything together from every previous universe into one. It's odd how many new Archie characters are going to be introduced in the next few months, since we know Jagwar, Dreadmon and Mammoth are coming...plus Null is likely to have a huge arc coming up.

TigerClaw
03-30-2017, 01:12 PM
Tiger Claw, I guess. He's been in the most amount of episodes of any of the "new" characters and he's Shredder's second in command. Overall though he basically fills out the exact same role as Tatsu or Hun in any previous series.

Archie basically invented the concept of the Mutanimals as a team, Ninjara, and was also the debut or best incarnations of several other popular characters like Slash, Armaggon, Null, Malinga, etc.

IDW seems to basically mix everything together from every previous universe into one. It's odd how many new Archie characters are going to be introduced in the next few months, since we know Jagwar, Dreadmon and Mammoth are coming...plus Null is likely to have a huge arc coming up.
I'm more curious about what they are gonna do with Jagwar, Whose gonna be female in the IDW comic rather then male.

CyberCubed
04-02-2017, 12:42 PM
Heh, I just finished re-reading the whole Archie series recently, and everytime Verminator-X showed up he reminded me exactly of Old Hob. Raph even holds a grudge against him like in the IDW series.

I swear they have almost the same personality too, and their cat fur color is identical. The stand-off he and Raph have at the end of the Cyber-Turtles arc with Raph shooting him feels like something that could happen in the IDW run. The fact that Hob is missing an eye and Verminator has a cyborg eye covering is also suspicious.

MsMarvelDuckie
04-02-2017, 02:39 PM
I voted for Hob but it was really a tough call. I love ICK and Tigerclaw almost as much, and I'm fond of Sally Pride and April's cat mutation ep as well. I just love the idea of feline mutants in general as they can go in so many different directions.

mrmaczaps
04-02-2017, 05:11 PM
I'm going with Old Hob... if it was for non-mutated furballs, I'd vote Mirage vol 1 Klunk.

Jephael
04-03-2017, 05:39 AM
Heh, I just finished re-reading the whole Archie series recently, and everytime Verminator-X showed up he reminded me exactly of Old Hob. Raph even holds a grudge against him like in the IDW series.

I swear they have almost the same personality too, and their cat fur color is identical. The stand-off he and Raph have at the end of the Cyber-Turtles arc with Raph shooting him feels like something that could happen in the IDW run. The fact that Hob is missing an eye and Verminator has a cyborg eye covering is also suspicious.

Honestly, I hope Raphael kills Old Hob. That friggin feline is a d*ck, and I hate that he was the one who formed the Mutanimals in IDW. Call me an Archie purist, but that's just not how it should happen. The Mutanimals are supposed to be heroes out to protect the world, not declaring war on humanity or whatever sick motives that crazy furball has in store!

MsMarvelDuckie
04-03-2017, 04:38 PM
But Slash seems to have more clout within the group than Hob for the most part. Slash typically seems to decide what their missions will be and what they will or won't do ethically. Only Manray seems to ever side with Hob.

DestronMirage22
04-03-2017, 05:44 PM
Old Hob, hands down. He's received the most characterization, and is just a cool cat.

TigerClaw
04-03-2017, 06:08 PM
During the IDW TMNT Panel at WonderCon, They revealed the female Jagwar.
https://twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/848304812034838528

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8XIuoKUIAAkkHz.jpg:small

I wonder what direction they will take her.

2K3
04-03-2017, 06:54 PM
Out of all the cat mutants that have appeared over the Turtle-Verse, Old Hob has become such an iconic character.

I won't lie, the opening issues Hob was a one-track character (motivated only by vengeance)... but then after the "Year One" arc (as I call it, TMNT #1-12) he evolved into the "Magneto" of the Turtle-verse, especially when they established him as the leader of the Mutanimals.

CyberCubed
04-03-2017, 07:44 PM
So overall we have:

Housecat mutants:

1. Old Hob
2. Scratch/Hallowcat
3. Verminator X (They say he's a cat mutant prior to making himself a cyborg)

Tiger mutants:

1. Tiger Claw
2. Katamundo

Jaguar/Lioness mutants:

1. Jagwar
2. Sally in IDW

ToTheNines
04-03-2017, 08:27 PM
King Lionheart.

Powder
04-03-2017, 10:16 PM
King Lionheart.

Oh snaaaaaaaap.

That's a figure I always stared at lovingly on the back of the card, never could find one as a kid. Grabbed him on ebay in 2009 or '10 though, bit underwhemling in my older years but it still scratched the itch of days past. :tlol: Kind of a stupid design, but the figures nice enough. Pretty colors.

TigerClaw
04-03-2017, 10:18 PM
King Lionheart.
King Lionheart would've been a cool character to see in the Nick TMNT series, But its very unlikely to happen since its the final season, but for IDW, I could see it happen, They just gotta come up with a better origin then what was in the figure, which is silly for today.

But its also unlikely to happen in IDW, Cause they already have a Lion mutant in Sally Pride.

Powder
04-03-2017, 10:27 PM
He was too corny for anything even back in the day. :tlol:

MsMarvelDuckie
04-03-2017, 10:33 PM
Lionheart in Nick? Sure but only if he is voiced by James Earl Jones lol! That would be epic! (Not to mention a fun jab at Disney....)

FredWolfLeonardo
04-03-2017, 10:35 PM
He was too corny for anything even back in the day. :tlol:

I am almost sure we would've gotten him in Planet of the Turtleoids if Shredders plan of a mutant lion and gorilla wasn't screwed by Bebop and Rocksteady. I wonder what the Gorilla mutant would've been like though.

MsMarvelDuckie
04-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Easy. Sgt. Bananas. Or Silver.

CyberCubed
04-03-2017, 10:38 PM
I am almost sure we would've gotten him in Planet of the Turtleoids if Shredders plan of a mutant lion and gorilla wasn't screwed by Bebop and Rocksteady. I wonder what the Gorilla mutant would've been like though.

Sergent Bananas existed in the old toyline.

FredWolfLeonardo
04-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Easy. Sgt. Bananas. Or Silver.

I got another one!

Harambe

MsMarvelDuckie
04-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Too bad Monkey Brains didn't exist then. He would have fit right in the FW verse.

FredWolfLeonardo
04-03-2017, 10:42 PM
I think the half mutant Gorilla/Bull from the season 4 episode "What's Michealangalo Good for" was pretty cool.

Speaking of cats, there was another one which was half tiger and something from that same episode, but I can't remember.

CyberCubed
04-03-2017, 10:44 PM
Kind of makes you wonder why Groundchuck and Dirtbag got chosen over any of the other Playmates mutants for both the show and TMNT III for NES. Like in their bios they aren't even a pair, it's just like they were randomly selected for promotion.

Even more strange how Groundchuck/Dirtbag have remained "on the shelf" since the Nick buyout. Neither the Nick cartoon nor IDW has used them, and it looks like they're going to fade into obscurity.

pferreira
04-06-2017, 10:22 AM
Even more strange how Groundchuck/Dirtbag have remained "on the shelf" since the Nick buyout. Neither the Nick cartoon nor IDW has used them, and it looks like they're going to fade into obscurity.As they say "the night is still young". :D

CyberCubed
07-04-2017, 01:19 PM
Better to keep this thread active than a new one.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
07-04-2017, 01:52 PM
Kathmandu missing. Don't care for April's very temporary mutation.

shuriken
07-04-2017, 01:55 PM
20160called it wants its stupid meme back I got another one!

Harambe
Old Hob hands down. Most interesting and layered character

MsMarvelDuckie
07-04-2017, 07:33 PM

Actually they kind of did. Twice in fact. April tried to attack him after she was mutated with the cat, and a tiger was stalking him in the episode with Creepy Eddie.