PDA

View Full Version : Official Episode Discussion S5 Ep 02: The Forgotten Swordsman

Vicky82
03-26-2017, 02:19 AM
Karai searches for the Kuro Kabuto, claiming to be the rightful heir to the Foot Clan, and encounters an old rival.

Discuss away

alien_ken
03-26-2017, 03:41 AM
Great episode! #makethefootgreatagain

neatoman
03-26-2017, 04:30 AM
Due to the wonders of early DVD releases and, uh, "generous" internet users, I've seen the episode a lot earlier than I thought I would.

So seeing a character get introduced and killed off in the same episode was rather odd, I'm so used to this show just introducing a character and then ignoring them so they could introduce more characters they'll never use. This feels honest in a weird way.

Great episode! #makethefootgreatagain

Even having seen the episodes after this, I don't think Tatsu and a certain someone else will be only ones challenging Karai's claim to leadership.

ToTheNines
03-26-2017, 07:16 AM
Holy crap, how did I miss that Ghostbusters reference? Ray's Occult Books!

tmntfannumerouno
03-26-2017, 07:27 AM
Tatsu is the new character introduced he even looks like Toshishiro Obata. He's portrayed as a master swordsman which is a nice little nod to the man. No spoiler tags because common sense if you're in a discussion thread about an episode spoilers should be expected.

drgon78
03-26-2017, 07:35 AM
Good episode, glad I was able to see this one since I missed the last one.

BubblyShell22
03-26-2017, 07:46 AM
Awesome episode. It was great that they used Tatsu and that he's a blind swordsman and one of Karai's teachers. I just wish he wasn't killed off as I felt there could have been more opportunities to use him as I felt he was a promising character. But I did like how Leo used that technique on him to distract him. I also liked Leo getting tough and not taking any crap from Raph and Mikey. Don't mess with Sensei Leo! Though I have a feeling that there are going to be times where the guys try to undermine his authority and challenge him. We'll have to see how this plays out. Overall, a very interesting episode and I loved Fishface's comments about Bradford putting on weight and his retort that he had a taste for sushi.

Vicky82
03-26-2017, 08:26 AM
Loved this episode, great fight scenes, they were choreographed brilliantly.

Tatsu was a great villain, itís a shame they didnít use him earlier.

I find it a bit wrong that they left Shinigami and Casey laying down by the hospital entrance, I know the turtles couldnít take them in but Karai and April can, but I expect itís because they didnít want to answer the Doctors questions and get the police involved and I did notice they took Caseyís gear off so the doctors donít get suspicious.

Aww!!!! poor Mikey, seeing him with a bandaged over head and eye is heart breaking but I love that Leo is looking after him.

Groverman62
03-26-2017, 08:46 AM
Where can i find the episode?

GoldMutant
03-26-2017, 09:04 AM
Where can i find the episode?

We're not allowed to give links on the forums, I believe. (PM maybe) If you have the Nick2 channel, you can catch it at 12, which is another hour from now. It could also be up ITunes, but I don't use that; the recent Super Shredder DVD has this, the previous episode, and the next on it, but you need to purchase it.

Otherwise, you're going to need to wait a few hours or until tomorrow for someone to post it online. Keep your eyes peeled.

Cyndaquilfan123
03-26-2017, 10:17 AM
Another solid episode. Bradford really was dead after all. Does this mean Bebop and Rocksteady were killed too?

2K3
03-26-2017, 11:12 AM
An excellent episode, it's great to see the episodes this season are going to intertwine better.

It's fantastic to see Rahzar and Fishface having a major role after two seasons of background fodder.

Shame they killed off Tatsu, he had the makings of a worthy antagonist (a blind swordsman... how cool is that).

Xav
03-26-2017, 11:16 AM
If Tatsu was blind, than how was he able to tell Karai was a mutant?

ToTheNines
03-26-2017, 11:25 AM
The two giant snakes-for-hands biting at him might have given it away.

kelligrafie
03-26-2017, 11:30 AM
Plus Tatsu had already heard (presumably from the foot soldiers) that she was a snake mutant and the hissing will have been a massive giveaway.

I think maybe they just killed off Tatsu to tie up any loose ends for the end of the show.

I agree with everyone that said it's a shame to lose such a badass character. Imagine how much of Shredder, Karai and Splinter's backstories he could've brought up that we didn't already know about.

This was better than episode one for me.

Ninjinister
03-26-2017, 11:54 AM
Xbox had been so good at getting the last few episodes up by midnight but it's almost 11 AM and nothing.

Buh.

matteso586
03-26-2017, 12:40 PM
And I thought Shredder is the only one who trained Karai. Why are the recent episodes making her past mysterious?

TheJ-manTurtleMan
03-26-2017, 01:24 PM
Did anyone else catch that Mikey's video game was John Carpenter's "The Thing"?

Tarris Vaal
03-26-2017, 01:51 PM
ooooh yes :)

Though I was struggling to find any reason why it was... I was expecting some other kind of reference during the episode to link into it. The same way some of the in show tv shows relate to the story.

PApagreg
03-26-2017, 03:42 PM
I sort of have mixed feelings on this episode, on one hand I really do like the fight scenes and I did like how at the end they used Tatsu's acute hearing against him but everything else was kind of meh. I felt Tatsu was too similar to Shredder what with him treating his subordinates like crap and I didn't like the fact that Xever and Bradford acted like wusses in front of Tatsu(okay they did beat Raph and Mikey but still)

Cure
03-26-2017, 03:51 PM
Yo, this felt like a season one episode to me in terms of quality. Pretty great.

CyberCubed
03-26-2017, 03:53 PM
I'm also glad nobody seems to overlook the fact that there is still a human Foot Clan, and assumingly a lot more of them being trained/recruited back in Japan

Powder
03-26-2017, 04:01 PM
This one's going down as one of my all-time favorites of the series.

MCLeo28
03-26-2017, 04:46 PM
I genuinely liked the idea of their being a power struggle when aiming for the Kuro Kabuto and was intrigued by Tatsu's character and his background of being a blind swordsman. I was sadly disappointed when he was killed off when he could've potentially been a dangerous antagonist who could interfere with Karai's goals of setting the Foot on a noble path. The writers could've explored that possibility, but unfortunately this was shafted in Shredder's resurrection.

He had potential, but it was lost potential. Nonetheless, this episode happened to be one of my favorites.

IndigoErth
03-26-2017, 04:49 PM
Nice! :D So much great action in this. And awesome that Tatsu showed up. As soon as he knocked out that one Foot Solider, taking frustration out on him, I thought it was probably him! Too bad he won't stick around for more episodes...

Definitely making me wish this wasn't the last season.

But... when did Karai stop being venomous though? What's the point of biting him up if you aren't going to use it. Sure, he died so we don't know if venom would have killed him, but she did tell him to go back to Japan and rot, or something like that, so presumably she didn't poison him.

Darn you Rahzar... But interesting to see that he really did die before. But I bet he's changed. Maybe it's like Pet Cemetery, they came back differnte. :twink:

I'm kind of hoping Splinter in spirit will defeat Shredder. Then the Demodragon can drag Shredder (and Tiger Claw) to hell.

MCLeo28
03-26-2017, 04:52 PM
Nice! :D So much great action in this. And awesome that Tatsu showed up. As soon as he knocked out that one Foot Solider, taking frustration out on him, I thought it was probably him! Too bad he won't stick around for more episodes...

Definitely making me wish this wasn't the last season.

But... when did Karai stop being venomous though? What's the point of biting him up if you aren't going to use it. Sure, he died so we don't know if venom would have killed him, but she did tell him to go back to Japan and rot, or something like that, so presumably she didn't poison him.

Darn you Rahzar... But interesting to see that he really did die before. But I bet he's changed. Maybe it's like Pet Cemetery, they came back differnte. :twink:

I'm kind of hoping Splinter in spirit will defeat Shredder. Then the Demodragon can drag Shredder (and Tiger Claw) to hell.

It's likely because Karai had no intent on killing him after what pain revenge has caused her in the past. She's grown merciful with the company of the Turtles.

TurtleTitan97
03-26-2017, 04:53 PM
I enjoyed both the episode and this take on Tatsu.

martinitolove
03-27-2017, 05:05 AM
Do you think Hattori Tatsu was at least a little bit of homage to Hanzo Hattori in the Mirage comics?

CyberCubed
03-27-2017, 05:58 AM
Do you think Hattori Tatsu was at least a little bit of homage to Hanzo Hattori in the Mirage comics?

Probably a merger of characters.

Candy Kappa
03-27-2017, 06:04 AM
Great episode, love the animation and how great it's gotten over the years, and the effects are really amps things up. Tatsu was a really cool character, love it that he looked like the actor playing him.

That or Hattori Hanzo, it's a quintessential Ninja name regardless of family tie to Hanzo or not.

ssjup81
03-27-2017, 06:23 AM
Great episode, love the animation and how great it's gotten over the years, and the effects are really amps things up. Tatsu was a really cool character, love it that he looked like the actor playing him.

That or Hattori Hanzo, it's a quintessential Ninja name regardless of family tie to Hanzo or not.Yeah, since Hattori Hanzo was a real person. There's a character in Hunter x Hunter named Hanzo. The character is from and island country (their version of Japan) and his specialty is ninjutsu. Probably a homage to Hattori Hanzo. I now wonder about Heiji from Detective Conan. His family name is Hattori and he practices Kendo and knows how to use a sword. Hanzo is also known for being a samurai. I should look it up.

Candy Kappa
03-27-2017, 06:35 AM
Yeah, Hanzo was a Samurai

ToTheNines
03-27-2017, 06:47 AM

You mean Gosei Hattori? Doubtful.

Like others said, probably just a reference to Hattori Hanzo, the famous swordsman.

ABrown
03-27-2017, 08:50 AM
Thank you Cybercubed. Now here I am hoping that Karai gives Shinigami CPR. :roll:

CyberCubed
03-27-2017, 11:27 AM
Thank you Cybercubed. Now here I am hoping that Karai gives Shinigami CPR. :roll:

I'm hoping Karai and Shinigami kiss by the end of the show. It is my OTP.

BubblyShell22
03-27-2017, 03:18 PM
Yeah, that's totally not going to happen.

DestronMirage22
03-27-2017, 03:21 PM

What about May and Melissa Benoist?

CyberCubed
03-27-2017, 03:26 PM
Yeah, that's totally not going to happen.

Didn't you watch Legend of Korra? That ended with a lesbian ship, although they didn't kiss.

Dust
03-27-2017, 03:30 PM
Didn't you watch Legend of Korra? That ended with a lesbian ship, although they didn't kiss.

That means nothing, there's no implied relationship between Shinigami and Karai anyway, they're just friends.

CyberCubed
03-27-2017, 03:31 PM
That means nothing, there's no implied relationship between Shinigami and Karai anyway, they're just friends.

They seem to be more than friends to me.

BubblyShell22
03-27-2017, 03:44 PM

No because they put the rest of the episodes up online and I couldn't watch it. And maybe that's why Nick took it off of TV and put it online instead.

CyberCubed
03-27-2017, 03:46 PM
No because they put the rest of the episodes up online and I couldn't watch it. And maybe that's why Nick took it off of TV and put it online instead.

Really? So why don't you just watch it online?

ssjup81
03-27-2017, 05:20 PM
They seem to be more than friends to me.How? Please explain this to me. I can see this as a fan pairing or liking the concept of them being a pair, but what have either done that screams romantic pair that can't be written off as friendship?

CyberCubed
03-27-2017, 05:27 PM
How? Please explain this to me. I can see this as a fan pairing or liking the concept of them being a pair, but what have either done that screams romantic pair that can't be written off as friendship?

There are subtle clues written in here and there, the subtle ways they interaction and the way Shinigami always rests her hand on Karai's shoulder. Plus the show is written by men, you know what they are thinking.

ToTheNines
03-27-2017, 05:30 PM
How? Please explain this to me. I can see this as a fan pairing or liking the concept of them being a pair, but what have either done that screams romantic pair that can't be written off as friendship?

I actually agree with him. It's not so much in the dialogue as it is in their exchanged glances and subtle body language.

The writers might not have it in mind, but the storyboard artists or animators do.

victory_angel
03-27-2017, 06:46 PM
With Korra and Asami's becoming lesbians, it was left really subtle in a take it as you will scene that involved the two of them going off to visit the Spirit World together. And depending on how you viewed it looked like two people just going off on a journey as friends, or as lovers.

And afterward the producers did explain that scene was meant to imply they had become lovers.

There are also implied same-sex relationships in Friendship is magic namely between the background characters Lyra and Bonbon. Except the closest thing they could say is that their 'Best Friends'.

With Karai and Shini, it will probably be similar to Korra and Asami in that they would have some hints. But it's largely taking things as you interpret them rather then coming out and saying it.

snake
03-27-2017, 07:15 PM
They look like hardcore lesbians.

ToTheNines
03-27-2017, 07:20 PM
Not to judge a book by its cover, but yeah. Totally.

Remember Karai's street clothes in "Karai's Vendetta"? She gay.

neatoman
03-28-2017, 02:00 AM
Not to judge a book by its cover, but yeah. Totally.

Remember Karai's street clothes in "Karai's Vendetta"? She gay.

zW6tpk0uquw

ssjup81
03-28-2017, 02:24 AM
zW6tpk0uquwlol! That's actually one of my favorite Boondocks eps.

ToTheNines
03-28-2017, 05:11 AM
Lol, mine too. "Homies Over Hoes" is a great jam.

BubblyShell22
03-28-2017, 07:00 AM
Really? So why don't you just watch it online?

Two reasons:

1. I have Internet minutes and watching videos uses up a lot of data.

2. I'm taking care of my father and I don't have a lot of time to sit down and watch a bunch of episodes. I'm lucky I get to do much of anything because taking care of him takes up a lot of time and can get very stressful.

Edit: As for Karai and Shinigami, I think they are just good friends. Plus, I'm a Leorai and Shiniangelo shipper so you know who I'd love to see them with.

THGhost
03-28-2017, 10:41 AM
Great episode, love the setup for this season and I adore Kavaxas' design (not to mention his voice actor).

Leo nursing Mikey was adorable, as well as the way Leo's face lit up when he saw Karai.

It's fantastic to see Rahzar and Fishface having a major role after two seasons of background fodder.

Shame they killed off Tatsu, he had the makings of a worthy antagonist (a blind swordsman... how cool is that).

Agreed on both counts. I was honestly surprised to see that Rahzar was actually dead.

They seem to be more than friends to me.

Please stop. This is worse than the nostrils thing.

PApagreg
03-28-2017, 07:54 PM

I doubt that, Loud House has a side character who has two dads and Nick is giving that show a theatrical movie.

They look like hardcore lesbians.

Karai I somewhat get but in what universe does Shinigami look like a hardcore lesbian.

snake
03-28-2017, 08:25 PM
Karai I somewhat get but in what universe does Shinigami look like a hardcore lesbian.

You just nitpick my posts because you have a hate-boner for me. Shini is literally dressed up as a sexy witch. More likely than not, she's into chicks.

ssjup81
03-28-2017, 09:15 PM
You just nitpick my posts because you have a hate-boner for me. Shini is literally dressed up as a sexy witch. More likely than not, she's into chicks.I fail to understand the logic here. The way a person dresses shouldn't be an indicator of what a person's orientation is.

Shini dresses like a witch and uses illusionary almost "magic" like skills. Seems appropriate to me.

ToTheNines
03-28-2017, 09:28 PM
I fail to understand the logic here. The way a person dresses shouldn't be an indicator of what a person's orientation is.

Shouldn't be, but sometimes it is.

DestronMirage22
03-28-2017, 10:29 PM
I kinda see where you guys are getting the whole lesbians things. While I haven't seen the episodes, the designs kind of evoke that mindset, especially Shinigami. If I say someone dressed like that in real life, I'd assume something's up. (I'd also fall head-over-heels for her, but that's besides the point. :tanime:)

PApagreg
03-28-2017, 10:55 PM
You just nitpick my posts because you have a hate-boner for me. Shini is literally dressed up as a sexy witch. More likely than not, she's into chicks.

Its less of a hate boner and more of an annoyance turn on also I don't get the connection between sexy witch and being into girls, last time I checked lots of guys liked sexy witches so its not like its exclusive to lesbians.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
03-29-2017, 01:22 AM
Anyway... Check out my episode review!

https://youtu.be/sZZ9Ob1asEo

BubblyShell22
03-29-2017, 06:18 AM
Yeah, I think basing sexuality by the way people dress really isn't an indicator of anything. I believe it's more how they interact with people either of the same sex or opposite sex that would indicate their orientation. And I still don't see either of them being lesbians in this cartoon as of now.

ssjup81
03-29-2017, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I think basing sexuality by the way people dress really isn't an indicator of anything. I believe it's more how they interact with people either of the same sex or opposite sex that would indicate their orientation. And I still don't see either of them being lesbians in this cartoon as of now.Yeah, same here. I still don't see it.

ToTheNines
03-29-2017, 05:56 PM
Y'all have weak gaydar if you've never called someone at first glance.

CyberCubed
03-29-2017, 05:59 PM
It's called, "male gaze lesbianism." I guess only men can pick up on cues like this.

ToTheNines
03-29-2017, 06:06 PM
It's called, "male gaze lesbianism." I guess only men can pick up on cues like this.

I normally find you to be socially retarded in every respect, but it is interesting that this debate is a hard line "boys vs. girls".

MCLeo28
03-30-2017, 08:16 PM
There is no sexual innuendos happening between the two. Their subtle facial expression and gestures is nothing more than symbols of affection. Am I supposed to believe that my father is a pedophile if he places my arm on my shoulder? I'm certain males have placed their arms around another as signs of friendship rather than a symbol of homosexuality.

Leo and Karai relationship is something that breaches the realms of sexuality (if I did really have to choose) rather than Karai's and Shirigami's (spelling?). Leo and Karai have literally held hands even when Karai was most vulnerable and smiled each other with infatuation, Karai tenderly said "Thank you" to Leo even when she admitted that she wasn't good at thanking others, and continued to do so again after Leo defeated the Shredder. They've had their quarrels and instances of distrust between them, but none of what Karai and Shirigami shared amounts to the cues we were given between Leo and Karai.

Karai and Shirigami seem more intimate like sisters rather than passionate. I don't recall Karai and Shirigami holding hands, I don't recall Karai opening herself up to Shirigami even when she was most vulnerable, and I don't recall Karai thanking Shirigami even once. If she did, it wasn't said meekly like Karai's was to Leo. She's opened herself up to Leo countless times yet has not done so to Shirigami even once. Some of you are honestly looking into it too much.

I'm well aware of the stark relationship between Korra and Asami that did happen and you guys are eager to see it again after Nickelodeon allowed it, but some of you are honestly looking too deeply into this. Ironically I am to, but I was impelled to because this is a delicate subject perpetuated by many for the sake of seeing a lesbian relationship again. I'm not against it, but I just don't see it happening here.

Powder
03-30-2017, 09:30 PM
I agree. People, as usual, are reaching.

ToTheNines
03-30-2017, 10:12 PM
I agree. People, as usual, are reaching.

Hopefully this decade is settled by the end of this season. As much as Karai was featured working with the team in the first 4 eposodes, I'm hoping she sticks around.

PApagreg
03-30-2017, 11:44 PM
Leo and Karai relationship is something that breaches the realms of sexuality (if I did really have to choose) rather than Karai's and Shirigami's (spelling?). Leo and Karai have literally held hands even when Karai was most vulnerable and smiled each other with infatuation, Karai tenderly said "Thank you" to Leo even when she admitted that she wasn't good at thanking others, and continued to do so again after Leo defeated the Shredder. They've had their quarrels and instances of distrust between them, but none of what Karai and Shirigami shared amounts to the cues we were given between Leo and Karai.

Karai and Shirigami seem more intimate like sisters rather than passionate. I don't recall Karai and Shirigami holding hands, I don't recall Karai opening herself up to Shirigami even when she was most vulnerable, and I don't recall Karai thanking Shirigami even once. If she did, it wasn't said meekly like Karai's was to Leo. She's opened herself up to Leo countless times yet has not done so to Shirigami even once. Some of you are honestly looking into it too much.

I'm well aware of the stark relationship between Korra and Asami that did happen and you guys are eager to see it again after Nickelodeon allowed it, but some of you are honestly looking too deeply into this. Ironically I am to, but I was impelled to because this is a delicate subject perpetuated by many for the sake of seeing a lesbian relationship again. I'm not against it, but I just don't see it happening here.

Is it really fair to compare Shinigami(a character that has less than 10 episodes in appearance) to Leonardo, also its less of a relationship thing and more of a one sided crush(at least in my view).

Maybe I'm reaching but in this picture, Shini wants to be more than just friends.

https://secure.static.tumblr.com/897506b3971b66f4a6d0e4db4b9c8832/gagnwst/vK5obzq59/tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1845nuijrttwo00k4g4oc8 ksc_640.gif

CyberCubed
03-31-2017, 12:35 AM
Yeah, that's definitely a lesbian look. Ciro and Brandon Auman truly know exactly what the fans want.

lonewarrior20
03-31-2017, 06:11 PM
i thoroughly enjoyed it. loved seeing karai fight. and with what demodragon did to tatsu all i can think of is mortal kombats shang tsung.
c9-KRo8IQ1I

Powder
03-31-2017, 07:01 PM
Can't wait to peep his role in the show. :tlol:

MsMarvelDuckie
03-31-2017, 09:55 PM
Lol I caught that one too! And the "swallow your soul" Evil Dead one later.

Seriously though- so if Shini (who IS a witch) dresses as a witch (and happens to be "sexy") that makes her a lesbian??!! :teek: :trolleye: :trazz: :tlol: By that logic any girl who dressed that way is a lesbian/into chicks/bi and that just isn't the case. Especially when the girl in question happens to BE y'know, a WITCH. (And yes I'm including myself in this leap of logic since I also happen to be one and yes I DO dress "witchy" on occasion. And am "sexy" according to my other half.)

This is what we call faulty logic, folks.....

MCLeo28
04-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Is it really fair to compare Shinigami(a character that has less than 10 episodes in appearance) to Leonardo, also its less of a relationship thing and more of a one sided crush(at least in my view).

Maybe I'm reaching but in this picture, Shini wants to be more than just friends.

https://secure.static.tumblr.com/897506b3971b66f4a6d0e4db4b9c8832/gagnwst/vK5obzq59/tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1845nuijrttwo00k4g4oc8 ksc_640.gif

No, I've highlighted details that suggests that it wasn't a one-sided crush.

I would claim it is fair because while Shinigami seemingly faces that constraint, it can also be said that Leo is disadvantaged since Karai has known Shinigami for many many years.

If anything, I would say that it is because of her limited show-time that the writers have incorporated these intimate gestures to indicate how powerful their friendship is since there would be meager time to flesh out their friendship like the writers did with Leo and Karai.

Either way, while those facial gestures denote a powerful relationship, they don't compare with some of the other relationships that we've seen including Leo & Karai and even Donnie & April (surprisingly).

MarsicornYT
04-04-2017, 09:56 PM
What exactly happened to Mikeys face? It was all bandaged up at the end of the episode

MCLeo28
04-04-2017, 10:09 PM
What exactly happened to Mikeys face? It was all bandaged up at the end of the episode

He was kicked in the face pretty badly after Tatsu had grabbed both Mikey's and Shinigami's chains and reeled them in. Mikey was fortunate enough to have remained conscious whereas Shinigami was in critical condition where she had to be rushed to the hospital immediately. It was a rather brutal beating, but you do raise a good point that the injury should've been more apparent.

MarsicornYT
04-04-2017, 10:14 PM
He was kicked in the face pretty badly after Tatsu had grabbed both Mikey's and Shinigami's chains and reeled them in. Mikey was fortunate enough to have remained conscious whereas Shinigami was in critical condition where she had to be rushed to the hospital immediately. It was a rather brutal beating, but you do raise a good point that the injury should've been more apparent.

Ahh okay thank you, I wasn't sure we he got hit in the head during the fight.

One more thing, I don't think it was very clear about Leo's new swords either. I remember he broke his old ones on Kavaxas but now is he just using the swords from Owari? Or did I miss a scene of them re-introducing them?

MCLeo28
04-04-2017, 11:12 PM
Ahh okay thank you, I wasn't sure we he got hit in the head during the fight.

One more thing, I don't think it was very clear about Leo's new swords either. I remember he broke his old ones on Kavaxas but now is he just using the swords from Owari? Or did I miss a scene of them re-introducing them?

Honestly, I don't know. I believe it was shown that Donnie had many bow staffs in Season 1, so I'd imagine the same might apply to Leo as well. The blades he used against Shredder must've been for a special occasion.

MarsicornYT
04-05-2017, 04:52 AM
Honestly, I don't know. I believe it was shown that Donnie had many bow staffs in Season 1, so I'd imagine the same might apply to Leo as well. The blades he used against Shredder must've been for a special occasion.

Ah yeah, thanks! So we don't really know for sure if they're the same swords he used against shredder or not.

MCLeo28
04-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Ah yeah, thanks! So we don't really know for sure if they're the same swords he used against shredder or not.

Well, I won't say that my opinions are objective, concrete facts because they are not. I'm just drawing inferences based on things that were shown. Not concrete, but I believe they're rational conclusions.

Faster and Cheaper
07-15-2017, 03:28 PM
Feel free to ask me any questions you got with this one, as this was the first episode I worked on over a year ago now :)

It was a really fun episode to do and a nice little Foot story to get my feet wet with. The next two I worked on after would take us to strange places so it was nice to have a relatively grounded episode to start. Tatsu was real fun to work with and I remember I didn't take his mask off for awhile so I had no idea that they had modelled him after Toshishiro Obata until I got to my shots with him unmasked. Which being a fan of the Live Action movies growing up, I was pleased as punch to see. Tigerclaw and the foot get closer to their goal by getting the head of Shredder, one piece down, one to go.

Fun fact about the climax, the temple where the climatic fight happens with Tatsu, the set was really small, so the characters were all scaled down as the set, if scaled up, would mess up the lighting rig, so everyone was like half size in that part of the episode. As this season progresses, this will become a common theme of Nickelodeon not exactly making our jobs easy.

So I had seen this episode with animation done pre- rendered, then with lighting and comp, but not the TV edit until I saw it when it premiered. I was a little surprised to see that a few shots got cut completely or shortened and other stuff like different lighting. Nothing major, but its always a slight surprise.